GEM Motoring Assist Reviews

of reviewers recommend GEM Motoring Assist
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read GEM Motoring Assist Reviews

About GEM Motoring Assist:

Originally established in 1932 as the Company of Veteran Motorists to combat the increasing number of road accidents, GEM Motoring Assist is the UK’s leading driving based Road Safety association with around 70,000 members. We bring our members dependable, rapid round-the-clock breakdown recovery assistance, and because our schemes cover people rather than vehicles, you’ll find us a whole lot more flexible than other breakdown providers.

enquiries@motoringassist.com

Station Road

no comments am unable to log in.
Took my money but no membership. Told a refund had been given and had to reapply via telephone and pay again. Still waiting for the money to appear in my account. Hope things will get better.
Very easy to use online
I applied and paid for breakdown assistance but nothing was generated and I was told I was getting a refund but this has yet to happen!
I've joined today and a review is asked for, how do I know yet idiots
Poor from the advisors to the mechanic who was lazy
Dear GEM Motoring Assist member, We were sorry to read that the service you received to your recent breakdown was not up to our usual high standards. As we can not identify you from your review can you please contact Customer Services, using any of the contact options found on the ‘Contact Us’ section of our website. Kind regards The GEM Team
Filled in on line application in my name with my partner as second named person. Documents issued with no mention of my name and my title transposed to my partners name - who also appears as a second person.. If the cant even get this right it makes one wonder what happens out on the road.
Dear Member, Thank you for taking the time to review your joining process. I can confirm that the details given on your online application are downloaded directly into our database, your documents created from that information We do not change them at any point. We have also received your email and the changes have been made in accordance with your instructions. Regards, The GEM Team.
2 years ago had to call for assistance for my son cars (family plan). After 5 phone call and 6 hours later a recovery truck was sent out. May you just had a bad day so have given another chance. I would better if there was good communication? Had to go through the Ombudsman. Gem should have nipped in the bud before washing their hands of the complaint.
we've been with you over 10 years but this year you did not send us a reminder to renew hence our membership lapsed, and of course we only found out when we tried to get help from you when my wife was stuck miles from home. We were told could not renew and a new membership would take a day or two before we could use the cover. We have renewed now but will seriously have a shop around when this runs out due to the poor contact from you
We were sorry to read that your policy had lapsed when you called for assistance. We can confirm that an invitation to renew was sent on 3rd April for renewal on 4th May as usual. We are sorry it did not reach you.
Getting more expensive. It is now more expensive than Green Flag. Next year I will not renew.
You overcharge existing customers while giving on-line discounts
just joined so can only review the joining process,this is easy as with everywhere as they want you to join.can only give a real review after some interaction with the company
We broke down at 10.30am. It's 6pm and we're still not home. Would have been quicker to walk 19 miles.
I was sorry and disappointed to read that the service provided to your breakdown was below our usual standard. I have arranged for the incident to be investigated. Call Assist, the service provider on behalf of the underwriters will respond to you directly in due course and in the meantime I apologise for any inconvenience suffered.
I was extremely disappointed to find that new members get a larger discount than existing members. A new member can pay £84 yet I was charged £91. Surely existing members should be offered the bigger discount. It seems to my GEM care more about making money from new members rather than looking after loyal customers. Due to GEM's lack of loyalty to existing customers, i now wouldn't hesitate to switch next year when I find someone cheaper!
Hi I was very impressed with the effort your team made to organise my cover at short notice BUT although I paid in full and was assured that cover started today , Sunday 26 June I do not have any paperwork to show I have the cover . I had agreed to email but still no paperwork . I leave home to pick up the car tomorrow Monday 27 June @ 6.00 am and have no documentation in case of an incident. What now?
4 1/2 hours wait after repeated untruthful advice from call centre. Originally told 1 1/2 hours, then when called back after 2 hours they said another 1/2 hour. This was repeated on 3 successive calls over the ensuing hours until they finally arrived after 4 1/2 hours. Our breakfown was in Waltom on Thames, a highly populated area near to the M25 and within reach of numerous recovery companies, but for some reason our recovery vehicle had been ordered from a company based over 40 miles away in Borehamwood! Ridiculous to wait this long for help, but worse than this was the totally unacceptable repeated untruthfulness of the call centre staff. I shall not be renewing my subscription and shall return to the AA. You get what you pay for.
GEM Motoring Assist! First time I have ever made a call for assistance and I get charged by them £48 to call out a recovery trailer, Complained to First Assist on 1st February been told they would reply by 24th February . Nothing arrived so I contacted them again they said could take up to end of March before they can offer an explanation! Motoring Assist may be the name but not in practice for this family:(
Dear Member, Thank you for taking the time to comment. GEM has been a trusted, independent breakdown assistance provider for 40 years. We were sorry to read that you were disappointed with the service you received on this occasion. We escalated your concerns to our service provider today and have now had confirmation that they have been in contact by telephone with a follow up letter being sent out in the post. We trust that the matter has now been resolved to your satisfaction. GEM Customer Service Team
An awful experience from GEM. I had to wait well over an hour having being told wrongly on a number of occasions by your call centre that the mechanic was just around the corner when he wasn't. When he arrived the mechanic was clearly in a rush, said he was outside of his area and although started the car simply said its the starter motor and quickly drove off. I called your call centre back and said what happens if the car stops again. I was abruptly told that I needed to get the car to a garage immediately and I was not covered for another call out. I mentioned I was not happy with the service and that my renewal is due this month. Your call centre person was not interested and hung up. Overall a very bad experience and I will not be renewing mine or the other 3 GEM memberships I have with you. Now that I have looked elsewhere you are not even competitive anymore as the RAC match your price for the same service.
Dear Member, Thank you for taking the time to comment. GEM has been a trusted, independent breakdown assistance provider for 40 years. We were sorry and disappointed to read that the service you received was below our usual standard. We will be investigating this incident. GEM Customer Service Team
GEM Motoring Assist is rated 4.69 based on 2,429 reviews