GEM Motoring Assist Reviews

of reviewers recommend GEM Motoring Assist
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read GEM Motoring Assist Reviews

About GEM Motoring Assist:

Originally established in 1932 as the Company of Veteran Motorists to combat the increasing number of road accidents, GEM Motoring Assist is the UK’s leading driving based Road Safety association with around 70,000 members. We bring our members dependable, rapid round-the-clock breakdown recovery assistance, and because our schemes cover people rather than vehicles, you’ll find us a whole lot more flexible than other breakdown providers.

enquiries@motoringassist.com

Station Road

2 years ago had to call for assistance for my son cars (family plan). After 5 phone call and 6 hours later a recovery truck was sent out. May you just had a bad day so have given another chance. I would better if there was good communication? Had to go through the Ombudsman. Gem should have nipped in the bud before washing their hands of the complaint.
Chose GEM because of positive reviews from current GEM customers. Good price for 2. Would definitely consider in the future.
I joined GEM yesterday so have only experienced Paula on the phone. She was very pleasant a helpful - a good start after a dreadful experience with my RAC renewal last year.
() - Posted 1 year ago
Very friendly efficient human beings at the end of the phone, which is always answered promptly. If the breakdown service is as good as the admin staff then it is win win!
Joining was easy
Poor from the advisors to the mechanic who was lazy
Dear GEM Motoring Assist member, We were sorry to read that the service you received to your recent breakdown was not up to our usual high standards. As we can not identify you from your review can you please contact Customer Services, using any of the contact options found on the ‘Contact Us’ section of our website. Kind regards The GEM Team
Perfectly straightforward thank you. And best price!
COST SEEMED COMPETITIVE COMPARED TO RAC
Very straightforward and easy to complete necessary joining form.
Perfect coverage and easy to join.
How can one possibly review the organisation when cover hasn't even begun? What cretins think this makes good customer service?
I bought breakdown assistance on the basis of the Which report. I purchased on line. It was simple and quick.
I have had contact so far with GEM just to sign up for breakdown cover. Interaction via the web site was difficult. It turned out to be that Sophos A-V had detected somewhere on Gem references to Gambling. I contacted GEM by phone. The lady to whom I spoke could not have been more efficient and had the additional qualities of being simple and friendly and had either not yet acquired or had already discarded the sing song tone now customary with call centre operatives who are working their way through a checklist which ends with 'your credit card number, please'. Their site is excellent too: simply, and thus clearly laid out. It pointed me to an App which I can pre-load with my membership number and use with the phone's Geo-locatio facility. Then, if need help, I can simply press my phone and this will call Gem to arrange a rescue So, after one day, Good;
Only just joined online really simple and intuitive no card details saved was a bonus for peace of mind. If first impressions of GEM count for anything then I am confident that all will be good
I got full cover for a quarter of what the AA wanted from me after 20 odd years of loyalty to the AA
Difficult to find a company to cover a car older than 25 years.
At GEM we do not have an age limit of vehicles
Straightforward joining process, took out the personal cover which means my car motorbike and camper van are all covered when I'm driving them. Make sure you take out cover a couple of days ahead of buying a new vehicle as you're not covered on the day of purchase (pretty common policy), and if you're looking at cheaper alternatives, make sure you read their terms and conditions - I was nearly stung by another provider as their web page said they covered all vans (below a specific weight), but when I checked the T&Cs just before paying, buried down on page 4 was a clause saying they didn't cover camper vans regardless of weight). Hope I won't need to use GEM Assist, but it's reassuring to know they're there if I do need them.
we've been with you over 10 years but this year you did not send us a reminder to renew hence our membership lapsed, and of course we only found out when we tried to get help from you when my wife was stuck miles from home. We were told could not renew and a new membership would take a day or two before we could use the cover. We have renewed now but will seriously have a shop around when this runs out due to the poor contact from you
We were sorry to read that your policy had lapsed when you called for assistance. We can confirm that an invitation to renew was sent on 3rd April for renewal on 4th May as usual. We are sorry it did not reach you.
I found it very easy to join GEM. All the choices on the Web Site were clear and it was quick and easy to complete the joining process. I was very impressed.
The reply to my enquiry was prompt, courteous and efficient, a positive and pleasurable introduction to GEM.
GEM Motoring Assist is rated 4.69 based on 2,428 reviews