WiseDriving Reviews

58% of reviewers recommend WiseDriving

About WiseDriving: At WiseDriving, we give our drivers the opportunity to earn reduced premiums through good driving. Our innovative telematics product collects vital information as you drive - including how you accelerate and brake, as well as the speed you travel and your travel times.

As soon as you get a quote with WiseDriving, we give you an upfront discount of 40% as we trust that if you are willing to have your driving monitored, then you must be a good driver. Plus, if you drive consistently well, you can earn even further reductions!

Get a quote with us and see how much you could save with a telematics car insurance policy with WiseDriving - wisedriving.com

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over a week
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"Terrible flexibility when fitting the black box, they chose when it was fitted apposed to letting me pick a time that suited me. They upped my monthly payments by more that £100 without informing me and when they did I was told it would be a £400 fine due to my driving score and yet here I am still getting fined after I’ve paid just shy or £1000 additional ontop of my already quoted amount Also I cannot and never have been able to get onto the driving portal, where you check your driving score I have asked employees multiple times and they give me the wrong information time and time again Overall useless money grabbers I would not recommend to anyone, even if I hated them"
"Great company would recommend"
Hi Garyg,
Thanks for recommending us! we really do appreciate it.
Vicky.
"Cancelled my insurance company after taking 146 pounds from my account then send me an email saying they are charging me money for the amount of days ive been with them and for cancelling the policy, when phoned the staff member was so rude it was disgusting cant keep brushing everyone off saying the same thing please report these cowboys to financial ombudsman service, the more that do this the better a chance something actually gets done about this scamming company!!!!! Cancelled my insurance claming my acceleration is always low etc.. box clearly is far far far to over sensitive!!!"
Hi Aimee,
We are aware this has been raised and this is being looked into for you.
Vicky.
"Anyone that is giving this company 5 stars are 100% lying. I can tell you that for free. If you’re a new driver looking for insurance and you go with them, you’re going to regret it. That’s all I’m going to say before they increase my insurance again. Kmt."
Hi Alicia,
We're saddened to read this, please send us a private response with your details and we can discuss this with you.
Vicky.
"cheapest car insurance in UK"
Hi Saiyedali,
Thanks for the great rating, we're glad to hear you're happy with the insurance.
Vicky.
"If I could put 0 stars, I would. This conpany is terrible. Ridiculous charges and even though they cancelled installation of a new black box as the engineer was unwell. They were happy to take my monthly payment and within a few days cancelled my policy as the black box was not installed and was yet to make another appointment. They now insist I owe them money. Absolute joke of a company and I will be making further complaints to the ombudsmen"
Hi,
If you can send us a private response with your details we can look into this for you.
Vicky.
"Absolutely shocking insurance company and would not use them again or advise anyone else to use them. Had an expensive insurance policy to start with due to car - was expected however after having this car 2 months (changed car 2 months into policy) black box readings put my insurance up £900 not only a rediculous amount but was based on ‘acceleration’ looked at how to get a better score, was gear changing. Well considering this was a 17 plate automatic car that was driven in eco mode I highly doubt that the gear changes were done at the wrong time???! What a joke cancelled my insurance wanting almost £400 to cancel after months of monthly instalments just short of £500. What a RIP OFF!!!!"
Hi,
We're sorry to hear your unhappy.
Please send us a private response with your details and we can discuss this with you.
Vicky.
"It’s the worst insurance company I have had my entire life.I wouldn’t use them again even if they paid me."
Hi,
We're sorry to hear you're unhappy.
If you would like to send us a private response with your details we can discuss this with you.
Vicky,
"Once I renewed my car insurance I was unaware that you had to go and change the dates again of the direct debit, I thought as it was a renewal it would just be carried over. Obviously not as now I have arrears on my account... sneaky if you ask me!!"
Hi Adele,
We're sorry to hear your unhappy.
The funding is managed by a separate funding company.
Vicky.
"Paid in full for insurance, had a premium return due to good driving, but then reading on telematics box suddenly went down even through not driving any different... dropped 10 points but still in good zone they then say they are going to take extra 47 pounds from me. Questioned black box readings as was driving well as wanted more score to stay the same. Complained said upto 8 weeks for complaint to be looked into. Cancelled insuranced, gone with no black box as it’s a joke companies ripping off young drivers"
Hi,
The ombudsman allows us 8 weeks to resolve a complaint before they will pick up a case but our complaints team do try to resolve all complaints in a quicker time frame. Please be assured this will be looked into for you.
Vicky.
"Shocking company! Abysmal customer service skills ! The operator wasn't allowed to give me a manager's name - shocking!! My daugther cannot get the black box fitted as the fitters don't have any appointments until 12 Jan so Wise are cancelling her insurance and charging her £150 for the black box ! (I don't think so as not been fitted) and cancellation fee! Really appalling company - DO NOT USE!! Just hope we can reinsurance elsewhere."
Hi Penny,
Please can you ask your daughter to send us a private response with her details so we can look into this further for her?
Vicky.
"Absolutely the worst insurance company! My son stayed above 90% his whole policy & received 7% discount in total! Was told that he could get up to 40% if he maintained a good score on his black box? They don't not reward good driving scores for young drivers & the manager was very rude when I rang to query it. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND WISE OR BE RENEWING HIS POLICY WITH THEM."
Hi James,
We're sorry to hear you and your son are unhappy.
There are several things that can affect the renewal price.
Please can your son send us a private response with his details and we can check this for him?
Vicky.
"First of all you pay a depotit ( which is normal ) but try and make you pay another one?! When my telematics devise wouldn’t work they said they will cancel my insurance! Then they kept recording my friends driving! Which her acceleration wasn’t great so it made my score go down ( bearing in mind I rang them before telling them this is what happened and they didn’t give me a solution!) this happened again and rhen they decided to tell me when I had to cancel them journeys after upping my monthly instalments! To £250pm! I then get a new car and asked for new quote and they said my monthly instalments won’t change in price you just have to pay a change over fee! I then changed over and they added another £230 onto my premium and it got split across the rest of my instalments which took my insurance from £155 to £250 a month just a joke!! Now this morning I had a email saying they’ve cancelled my insurance when I had no idea! there response was they wasn’t getting my data from my back box when I fact they was (I have proof!) also said they emailed twice before saying they was going to cancel it and to call them when they didn’t! Everything in your fault when you have an issue it’s always your fault never there’s! DONT BOTHER GOING WITH THESE AS YOUR INSURANCER BOT WORTH IT ooh yeah also asked for another depotit to make a new policy?! The cheek"
Hi Jess,
We're sorry to read this.
If you can send us a private response with your details we can look through this with you.
Vicky.
"Recently spoke to them today. My driving score was recorded at 37/100 when the company records my braking, acceleration and speed all at -10 on the graph. When spoken to the company on the phone several times, they were rude in customer service, and had no clue on what to do and gave little advice to what happened next. Eventually I got through to them about the problem, after I received a malicious email from themselves about my driving score being 37 to which came with a premium of £1070 to be payed within 7 days of the email. As I am 18 year olds on minimum wage, I questioned how on earth am I meant to pay this fee in one amount. I pleaded several times if this could be payed in installments as this was the only way I could pay the fee. They rudely refused several times that this was unavailable and could only be payed in full as of the 7 days, otherwise my policy would be cancelled. They offered little advice on what to do next. How can they do this to not only me but several people from what I've read? This is beyond a joke."
Hi Josh,
We are aware this has now been discussed further with you.
Vicky.
"My son has his car insurance with your company which is the worse company by far he paid out £2000 straight out for his insurance. He is 18 years old with no job and now he has to pay another £1000 for his acceleration score which is at 0. He has now been told he cannot pay this amount in installments. I think your company should read these reviews and do something about it."
Hi,
We're sorry to hear you and your son are unhappy.
If you can send us a private response with his details we can discuss this with you.
Vicky.
"Terrible company, hidden costs. After being charged an additional premium of £400 to which they could not justify, i then tried to amend address on policy portal to find out that apparently the car had modifications made (none at all!) to then be told they would waive the admin fee as the portal wouldn't work. When I called they then slapped a charge of £127 but would waive £30 admin fee??? Daylight robbery - stay clear at ALL costs!"
Hi Sue,
We're aware you have since contacted us and this has been resolved for you. We're sorry for the issues you have had but we are glad this has been rectified.
Vicky.
"Save Yourself The Heartache – Don’t Buy From Wise Driving ! Seriously this company should not be trading …… having motor insurance with this company is like have no insurance. WISE DRIVING CAR INSURANCE ARE PROBABLY THE WORST BLACK BOX AND CAR INSURANCE PROVIDER IN THE UK !"
Hi Sam,
We're sorry to hear your unhappy,
Please can you send us a private response with your details and we can discuss this with you.
Vicky.
"After insuring my car with Wise Driving, I claimed on my policy due to a no-fault accident, this resulted in my insurance being cancelled and my car being seized."
Hi,
We're sorry to hear you're unhappy please can you send us a private response with your details we can then go through this with you.
Vicky.
"Had no problems so far. Reward scheme is great"
Hi Aimee,
Thanks for your feedback – we’re glad to hear you’ve enjoyed your experience with WiseDriving so far!
Vicky.
"Since the recent update (early December 2018) I have not been able to connect my phone to the device. After a few weeks of trying to get this sorted I’ve now been told my policy is being cancelled and I HAVE TO PAY cancellation fees!! Absolutely obsurd. I am sorry that your app/device is useless just don’t make us customers pay for your mistakes. Been trying to get a new device for over a month now but nothing."
Hi Ryan,
Please can you send us a private response with your details and we can look into this for you?
WiseDriving is rated 3.33 based on 1,996 reviews