WiseDriving Reviews

59% of reviewers recommend WiseDriving

About WiseDriving: At WiseDriving, we give our drivers the opportunity to earn reduced premiums through good driving. Our innovative telematics product collects vital information as you drive - including how you accelerate and brake, as well as the speed you travel and your travel times.

As soon as you get a quote with WiseDriving, we give you an upfront discount of 40% as we trust that if you are willing to have your driving monitored, then you must be a good driver. Plus, if you drive consistently well, you can earn even further reductions!

Get a quote with us and see how much you could save with a telematics car insurance policy with WiseDriving - wisedriving.com

Tell us how WiseDriving made you happy

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over a week
"Useless company, I contacted them when applying for insurance, when entering the registration number, it provides wrong engine size. When I contacted them via phone they are adamant about contacting DVLA. So I did contacting DVLA, however DVLA's reply was that the engine size on there database is correct to what I said. So I contacted wiseflow back to get the same reply to contact DVLA after explaining multiple times that DVLA have the correct engine size."
"My insurance has only just been reinstated after WiseDriving accidentally cancelled my policy over a week ago. After their customer service called my phone in excess of 11 times, assumbly panicing as they has screwed up, i was told not to drive any further leaving me stranded and dependant on taxi services! I wrote a formal letter of complaint and 7 working days later, i have still not recieved a satisfactory response. If I continue to be ingored, i will be taking this futher.."
"DISGUSTING. Do not go with wise driving. Was happy to begin with, but recently moved home and got a new car so had to change address and car details etc... had appointment for black box to be fitted on new car but engineer was sent to my old address on 2 occasions! When I called they said they didn’t have my new address, although I was receiving letters from them to my new address! So was charged £45 per time for not being able to fit my box and also £130 for a black box which never got fitted. Also they cancelled my policy 4 days before even letting me know, the same day I paid them over £200 for all this. So was driving my car with my 2 toddlers without knowing I had no insurance!! Ironic how I only have 1 payment left before I have my years no claims! Will not refund but have also charged me £75 cancellation fee. I’m disgusted but now have citizens advice involved as none of this is my fault!"
"Wise driving has it pros and cons. My driving score was on 98 after 3 months they lowered my insurance by £20 a month that makes a difference. The only issue I do have is every time you drive after 11pm they lower your score by 1. Even if you drive really well the score never goes up. I’m currently on 91 and I’m happy with my score but it would be nice if the score went up for good driving."
Hi,
Thanks for leaving us your feedback.
With time of day statistics show you're more likely to be involved in an accident between 11pm and 5am, this is why it is rated on. We do understand there may be times you need to drive between these hours which is why there are no curfews but the more you do drive between these hours the more it will affect that score.
Vicky.
"No complaints, fair judgment system, I had been off of a black box for 4 months before this and it was an easy adjustment. Only complaint was almost having it cancelled due to miscommunication but other than that good insurer"
Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we're glad your happy with the insurance so far.
Cheers,
Vicky.
"Stay away from this company will look to cancel your policy at any means, no contact very unprofessional"
Hi,
We're sorry to hear your unhappy, please send us a private response with your details and we can discuss this with you.
Vicky,
"We definitely had issues with this company. The wife's policy was cancelled as she was in hospital with a serious blood infection and kidney issues. She's being screened for cancer soon. The car wasn't used as the wife was in A&E, extremely unwell and then Tropical Diseases Unit for a good while. Wise Driving cancelled the policy and hit us with a significant charge. There was a discussion (and it wasn't pleasant) but Wise Driving did the right thing and waive the cancellation charges. My initial review would be a well deserved 1 but considering the final outcome, I can do a 3."
Hi Murphy,
Thanks for leaving us your feedback, we are sorry to hear of the issues you and your wife have had, we're are however glad that this was resolved for you both. If your wife would like to discuss this further please feel free to send us a private response with her details.
Vicky.
"I dont do reviews but I think I felt like doing one for this bizarre insurance company. I must say it is the worse company ever such a money grabber. I should have read the reviews before even signing their pathetic contract. They cancelled my policy and said I dont use their drivng devise. Let me tell you I always been using their devise but their system somehow didnt pick the data. So even though it was not my fault, no explanation was given by their very useless customer advisors and just simply cancelled my policy. Lost my deposite plus had to pay additional fees. When I was off for a week and I did not use my car, so they sent me an email and threatened me to cancel my policy. Really? Your nothing but useless company. I strongly recommend people to stay away. They not even worth a star!"
Hi,
We're sorry to hear how you feel, if you would like to send us a private response we can go through this with you.
Vicky.
"had a flat battery for over a month so cancelled my insurance because didn't receive any info from my tele-matics. When called up to question why they had cancelled my policy - all was told that they sent me an email 5 days proir saying that they were going to cancel my insurance! now i cant get insurance anywhere because the MID has a void on my licence... AVIOD AT ALL COSTS! THEY MAY BE CHEAP BUT THEIRS A REASON WHY"
Hi R,
We're sorry to hear how you feel, part of the policy terms is to have a telematics device installed and for driving behaviours to be recorded.
If there hasn't been any data for a while, we do need to check this to see if there are any Issues. Emails are sent to advise there has been no data and to contact us and if still no data is received then the policy is at risk of being cancelled. If you would like to discuss this further please send us a private response with your details.
Vicky.
"This company is terrible I am going through citizens advice just now as they charged me £426 for my insurance to change from fire and theft to fully comprehensive and also charged me £150 for a black box to be fitted, I feel that I have strongly been ripped of and feel robbed. I am seeking help to calculate it all out and see if they are correct as my sums do not match up.. they also scored my braking at 0 but how.... I've never slammed my breaks on"
Hi James,
We're sorry to hear your unhappy with your experience so far.
When changes are made to the details we have this can affect the risk of the insurance. What this means is the insurer of your policy will look at these changes and statistics based on these and see if this changes the likelihood of a claim being made. The price is determined by the insurer.
With the braking score, this is looking a how smoothly you are braking. If you think of it like having a glass of water on your dashboard and dropping speed smoothly as to not spill the glass of water.
If you would like to go through this further with us please send us a private response with your details.
Vicky.
"Scammers! No refund of the deposit and the operators in the call centre are rude untrained! After a week they tell you that they don't accept no claim discount from motorcycles.When you cancel it and ask how much you going to get back they say "We don't know sir. The financial department will tell you in 14 days and maybe you will owe us some money!" This is ridiculous. If you don't want to be scammed legally please don't go with this company !"
Hi,
We're saddened to hear how you feel, in regards to deposit this is not always fully refundable, the deposit is a certain percentage of the insurance price upfront.

When a policy is cancelled the accounts are worked what this means is the finance team will work out how much the insurance has cost including fees and number of days of cover provided, and then work out the total paid to us at point of cancellation, so if it has been set up as monthly payments this would be the deposit and any direct debits paid at that point.

If you've paid more than it has cost then the difference will be refunded, or if it has cost more than you have paid the difference will need to be charged.

In regards to no claims, it does state on our website that NCB must be earnt on a private car policy.

Vicky.
"Was charged an additional premium incorrectly, been trying to get a refund for a few weeks now. Wise driving stopped responding to emails after constantly reminding me that "e-mail is the main way we communicate". I received incorrect scores and lack of data, only one journey was recorded out of hundreds. That one journey which had an incorrect score for acceleration and braking at 0 and everything else at 100 was apparently an average of 38 which also doesn't make sense. Ultimately poor communication and lack of sense of everyone I have spoken to. Terrible company."
Hi Krsnananda,
We're sorry to hear your unhappy with the experience, in regards to scoring "0" this does not mean or imply incorrect scoring this is the lowest score you can receive.
If you would like to send us a private response with your details we can look into this for you.
Vicky.
"Avoid this company - it wouldn't surprise me if the positive reviews are fake. - They asked for proof of no-claims bonus - Document had to uploaded online via link they provided - Kept getting an error message when I tried to upload the document - They penalised me for no providing the proof! - Sent a complaint to the company but got another error message: "Your message wasn't delivered to complaints@wisedriving.com because the address couldn't be found or is unable to receive email." Unbelievable."
Hi Z,
The reviews are moderated by reviews.co.uk so all reviews received are from real customers. We're sorry to hear of the issues you have had in regards to your documents. If you would like to send us a private response we can look into this for you.
Vicky
"*** STAY AWAY!!!*** this company charge me 150 for the black box and my monthly payment was 130. No one said if my score go down more than 30 they gonna cancel the policy. My score was *29* and they charge me 450 pound from my account, then they started to charge me 100 more every month. After that I cancel the policy then charge me 75 to cancel the policy then 150 for something about the black box absolutely bad, the Coop Insuarance is the best Guys don’t be stupid this company is FAKE!!!!!!!!!"
Hi Veron,
We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment with us; we always look to give the best level of service possible to our customers. If you’d be happy to send us a private message with your details, we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.
Vicky.
"I was with wise driving for 2 months, my car broke and I had to swap, for the same car in a different colour they wanted a £1000 more. I cancelled and refused to pay £75 cancellation. Received a call today they want £67 from me after me paying a total of £341 and my actual cover was priced at £148 for those 2 months. Absolute joke this company!!!!"
Hi Dannielle,
We're saddened to read you have been unhappy with your experience.
If you would like to send us a private message with your details we can go through this with you.
Vicky.
"Poor customer service and lots of emails and text threatening cancellation due to them not fitting a black box on time - due to their technician being off sick on the day of installation. Their fitting team and service teams don't communicate with each other so can't see bookings! Policy set up for the company car through Confused.com. WiseDriving.com (iGO4) then advised they didn't do company car cover. All the relevant company car boxes were ticked? After several phone calls they spoke to their underwriter and finally resolved this. They are now chasing No Claims Bonus which their technician photographed when they installed the black box (when their technician was better). They now want further copies as they can view their own photographs apparently. This has been sent and covers 18 months with 2 previous company cars and as it doesn't specifically say 1 years NCB they are again threatening cancellation. The written responses are grammatically poor too and hard to understand. A really unhelpful company who do not treat their customers fairly."
Hi Al,
We're sorry to hear how you feel in regards to your experience.
If you would like to send us a private response with your details we can discuss this with you further.
Vicky.
"Stay away from this company!!! They are an absolute joke. I wish I had read the reviews before I took my policy out in Jan 2017. I've had my black box 10 month & renewed my car, paid £120 for a new box in my new car (i didnt mind) worked for 2 month then my renewal came (Jan 2018).... 9 months later & it's never worked until now (Oct 2018) 11 days after they upped my premium based on nothing at all. Totally unfair. Scammers. Just want your money. They will not ever resolve your issue. Shocking! Oh & a manager is never available, how ironic. I also tried to dispute that I 100% think its not working properly since it has been working and apparently it works fine.. from the guy sitting at an office chair attached to a phone. Has he drove my car?! The phone call ended in me in tears, no resolved issue, just excuses after excuses & then a £75 cancellation fee. Absolute joke."
Hi Natalie,
We’re sorry to hear this; we always try to provide the best experience possible for our customers. If you could send us a private message with your details, we can discuss this with you further.
Vicky.
"If you are looking for a company to rip you off then this is the company for you. Since insuring my car in February 2018 with the company I have been charged £300+ twice and forced to have it added onto my monthly fee for completely unjustified reasons. In the beginning it was made to look like I was getting a good deal, £119 a month for 10 months for a 19 year old was pretty reasonable in my eyes. But, In April 2018 I was hit with a £400 bill because I’d been staying at my boyfriends house overnight and they felt this was a reasonable price to have my car insured outside both addresses. I accepted and my insurance was upped to £158 a month. Yet, in September I was slapped with another fee. This time due to my driving score. Let me remind you that you are supposed to have written confirmation (wether this be in an email or a letter) that they will be reviewing your driving score. I received neither. The only thing I did receive was a letter stating they were charging me £300+ for a review on my driving score, which I was not made aware of. I spent a long time on the phone with a woman from the company who could not accept the fact that the company were in the wrong for not letting me know my score was under review - therefore allowing my the chance to improve my score and avoid the fee. Eventually I was put through to a manager and she apologies but still said they were charging me a fee and my concerns would be put through to the complaints department. It is now nearly November 2018 and I have not had a letter or email from the company (which they stated I should receive in 7 working days after my phone call with them raising my issues) and I am now paying £263 a month for car insurance with a black box when there are companies that offer insurance WITHOUT a black box at least £70 cheaper. I am severely disappointed with how I have been treated by this company. I work hard for my money and for it to be taken away by this company that clearly think I am made of money, I find completely unfair and unreasonable. I am 20 years of age on minimum wage. I worked hard to get myself a car so that I could travel to work and 50% of my wage goes on my insurance. Very upset :("
Hi Laylah,
We're saddened to hear how you feel.
If you would like to send us a private response, we can look into what is currently happening in regards to the complaint.
Vicky.
"Customer service very bad, bad English language, couldn't understand that akcent."
Hi Kennedy,
We're sorry to read how you feel. If you'd like to send us a private response with your details we would be happy to discuss the service you have received.
Vicky.
"The scoring system is unfair for new drivers, driving away in town constantly accelerating and breaking shouldn’t put your score under 50. That is completely unfair to all new drivers and needs to be changed. Also, driving after 11 affects your score with a 0 for time and place straight away, even if it’s just a quick drive home from work."
Hi Craig,
Driving in traffic should not lower your score as long as your breaking and acceleration smoothly. With the time of day, statistics show that driving between the hours of 11pm and 5am your more likely to be involved in an accident. There are no curfews so you are able to drive at any time but the more driving you do between these times it will affect this score. If you'd like to discuss this further please send us a private response with your details.
WiseDriving is rated 3.39 based on 1,925 reviews