Garden Chic Reviews

info@gudrum.com

Newark Beacon, Beacon Hill Office Park, Nottinghamshire

Tell us how Garden Chic made you happy
Shockingly awful service.
This company took my money and then did not deliver as planned. I had taken the day off work for the delivery. When I called to chase I was told the item was out of stock and would not be delivered. I still have not received my refund
Great experience dealing with Sammy and the Palram shed I wanted arrived a week earlier than the 3 weeks I was quoted.
Shed now constructed and I would recommend Garden Chic to all.
Arrived sooner than I was expecting, so very happy.
Happy with the service
Good value for money. Delivery earlier than expected. Contacted them because the box was damaged and they replied quickly to my email.
Excellent customer support service and product exactly as described
Good Arbour ; not difficult to assemble Badly warped roof beams and planks caused some problems.
Very good product at a competitive price, customer service and support very good.
Although the sofa I choose was out of stock Garden Chic offered me a superior model at no extra cost. The quality is excellent and we are delighted with it.
I ordered a Vitavia greenhouse just before the apocalypse and had a price match honoured and although the delivery was delayed by 3 months (COVID) Delighted with greenhouse and price I paid. (Delivery was direct from manufacturers)
Garden Chic staff responded fast to all my messages and mails and kept me updated as best they could during crisis. I would use this company again. Thanks Guys :-)
Good service especially during difficult times. Helpful staff. Poor communication over delivery but delivered on correct day. Quality product
Terrible service, non existent communication.
Ordered a wheelbarrow, at £129, not a cheap one. After not hearing a word for more than a week, I enquired by email as to when it might be delivered. No reply, no response whatsoever. When it did arrive, it came with no packaging whatsoever. Quite badly dented and a deep score which could not be pressed out. The nicely powder coated frame was badly scratched, and a wheel fell off as it was unloaded from the lorry. The washers and clip which should secure the wheel were missing. Emailed again, requesting the missing parts, you guessed, no response. Good product, but delivered damaged, with parts missing rendering it unusable. No response to emails. What a super company to deal with.
Terrible service - ordered a lovely Victorian greenhouse - 15 weeks later I am still waiting. Admittedly they did deliver a greenhouse within the 15 weeks but it was the wrong one!! I appreciate COVID has had a huge impact but 15 weeks!!!!! I always have to contact them, they never contact me and believe it or not, I am a priority!! I would hate to think what happens if you’re not. So tired of waiting!!
Appalling service!!! Ordered a summer house and after waiting 3 months for delivery we eventually received delivery of the wrong summer house! After a bit of back and forth we agreed to keep what was delivered and get some money back as compensation, (after chasing, calling and e mailing we’re still waiting!🙄).
Then during construction we realised a vital part of the roof was missing. So we now have a part built summer house with no roof, getting rained on and warping. After constantly complaining for over a week we were told the parts were being delivered today first delivery.... it’s now 8.30pm and after our son waiting in all day THE PARTS HAVE STILL NOT ARRIVED!! Wrong summer house delivered, no compensation and parts missing with no sign of them arriving any time soon it’s a wonder how they manage to run a business like this. Avoid at all costs, not worth the complete hassle!!!
Fantastic customer service. Went above and beyond to make sure the garden furniture was going to be available while we are in lockdown. Furniture even arrived much sooner than quoted. I cannot fault the whole experience. Our new Maze Rattan furniture is such good quality. Thank you
I purchased a greenhouse from Gardenchic, which said it came with free staging, when the order confirmation came through it said nothing about staging, so I contacted them and I was told it’s subject to availability, by this logic I could have been offered a free Ferrari subject to availability, zero interest in an apology, wouldn’t have even let me know. When it arrived the instructions were gibberish, constantly having to dismantle parts to add pieces at a later stage of construction, it was short of over 30 bolts and nuts, and on the picture there is no suggestion that it requires hundreds of metal clips to keep the glazing in place, which really detracts from its aesthetics. Some of this is not so much the issue of gardenchic but of the greenhouse itself, however I tried to review the greenhouse, whilst also commenting on the lack of promotional staging, and was told they would review the review, weeks later the review is still not on the website, very misleading for a consumer to be unable to see a truthful review on a product that costs over £1100. Very disappointing quality of product and especially poor customer service.
Hi I ordered a palram hybrid greenhouse, and was clearly advised, it was 21 day delivery. Which was fine. To my amazement and total delight, it arrived in 5 days. Thank you to all your staff and suppliers. Considering the covid pandemic, that's a great service. I will definitely be using you again. Well done.
Dreadful customer service. Order fence spikes from them 2 months ago. Payment taken. Chased twice for delivery details with no response. On third chaser got told they weren’t going to send them me as they were an ‘add on item’ only. Even though this wasn’t detailed on the main product page. So quite happy to keep my money with no intention of sending me what I paid for. Avoid.
Complete lack of engagement from company following post sales problem. We purchased a greenhouse from Garden Chic/Gudrum via their Ebay site. The unit was supplied directly from Forest and the frame components were warped, only noticeable after putting the base frame together. After an initially quick reply asking for more info and photos multiple further emails from us went ignored over nearly 6 weeks.

To get any reply at all we had to raise a Paypal dispute. This got a response and after a relatively productive phone call emails from the company became ugly and we were accussed of demanding money back unfairly and invalidating any warranty as we had put metal brackets on to straighten up the frame. Had they bothered to engage with us when we kept asking for help it would have been so much easier.

It seemed to us that they were keen to take advantage of the interest in garden equipment with the lockdown but not interested if any customer had a problem with their purchase. They did offer a refund but with us having to pay for postage, of a 150kg greenhouse! So we kept our crooked greenhouse but would not recommend anyone else to use this company.
Trustpilot has some awful reviews of them, wish we had researched more beforehand.
This review is entirely unfair

We have had numerous e-mails back and forth regarding your greenhouse. As you know you made significant structural modifications to the greenhouse with the result that the greenhouse did not fit together properly. You have even explain how the parts looked fine on delivery. You also explained and sent images showing the modifications that you had made. Despite us explaining that modifications will invalidate any warranty, you pursued your claim through Paypal. We disputed the legitimacy of your claim and paypal found in our favour. This review is entirely unfair

Garden Chic is rated 3.91 based on 346 reviews