Fat Lad At The Back Reviews

Nick
Fat Lad At The Back 5 star review on 25th July 2020
David MacNaughton
More Photos & Videos
I’ve ridden once in these thus far, so take what I have to say accordingly. These don’t sit well, the chamois is just weird. It seems to pull forward while standing (they do stay put when sat). I need the padding to sit and stay at the back. I also have a pair of the Black Jewel Premium’s, an outstanding product - best I’ve owned. A few extra £$ well worth it!
The top was too big , I didn’t order in another size as I felt the design was too fussy , I think maybe if the side panels were plain black and the sleeves plain black and just the design on front and back panels only , it would give a much slimmer look ,
So was disappointed, Sorry I’m fussy it has to be right .
Great fit on the body but the neck was far too tight. I’m a 40 inch chest and 15 1/2 inch neck so nothing special. I mailed FLAB about it and got a mail back saying they would investigate more the following Monday. Im Afraid they didn’t do so. I wanted so much to buy my kit from FLAB but I’m afraid they were very disappointing.
The mountain bike shorts I have brought are terrible. I love that they pull up over the waist but as soon as you ride they roll down. I can’t find anyway to stop this and at over £80 I’m incredibly disappointed.
Bought these socks after reading write up on website which said they contained Merino wool. When received, they were mainly cotton - no wool. Rather expensive for plain socks. I e mailed and pointed this out, but was just referred to small print (which did have correct materials) on website. Website has now been corrected, but would not have bought these had I realised. Hopefully recipient won't be too fussy.
Food stops had very limited choice & timing chips never worked. When I queried this after the event I was told someone would get back to me but no one ever did. I wouldn’t do the event again
Hi Simon
Sorry about the issues with the Sportive - we are well aware how disappointed you were and where we failed.
We did email all participants explaining that we had been badly let down by the caterer and that the excessive rainfall and resulting flooding at event HQ had broken the timing system, leaving some people without a time.
We haven't yet launched the 2020 event but will be offering all people affected a discount on this years event. Again apologies for the issues.
The kit is fine if you are a big lad or lass because it fits rather than stretching to fit. The reason I have rated it as 4 is the durability is not as good as it has been in the past. FLAB have excellent customer service so sort issues out quickly. The fabric is great and holds it colour well, even after many washes. My issue is the stitching around the zip pocket pulls apart quite quickly. It is the same fail in the stitching at the same point each time - at the top of the zip which then becomes fiddly to unzip and close again. I overcome it by not using the pocket(s) which means no stow pocket, so no point.
Poor customer service handling a return. Initially refused to refund as item went missing.
Good sizing but rarely what you want is in stock.
The shorts fell apart really quickly. Poor quality.
Fat Lad At The Back is rated 4.84 based on 1,228 reviews