Fat Lad At The Back Reviews

Nick
Fat Lad At The Back 5 star review on 25th July 2020
David MacNaughton
More Photos & Videos
Absolutely awful company, keeps sending mail and receipts to wrong address despite repeated emails to advise that you have the wrong address.
Hi Nicola
We keep sending emails to the email address which you have input onto our system.
We have received ONE email from you saying simply "sent to wrong email address". We didn't interpret your one email to mean that you would like us to change your email address to a different one. Perhaps if you had used more words it would have been clearer! We're good but we're not telepathic. Also, basic manners go a long way with us. A please or thank you really shouldn't be too much to ask.
Hi
I have not received my top yet ?
Poor quality and poor customer service. Only buy it because I’m too fat to fit any decent cycling gear. Last shorts broke and was told it was a sizing issue. They pretend to be friendly northerners until it comes to faulty goods.
Hi David
I am sorry that you are unhappy with our service. We are friendly northerners but being northerns we also say it how it is and assuming your negative review is about the shorts you bought from us over 12 months ago - I still believe that the stitching cracked because you are in shorts which are 1 or more sizes too small. I say this because your jersey is 3 sizes larger than your shorts size which is a very unusual body shape and in our experience it is an indication of someone using their jeans size not their belly measurement to determine their shorts size. As we explained to you when you first emailed us about this problem we don't offer a lifetime warranty on our products and once goods are over 12 months old we don't replace them. As a gesture of goodwill you were offered 50% off a replacement pair which I don't think unfair.
I bought this cycling shirt for my husband and it is far too short. We’ve measured it against his other FLAB shirts which are the same size and it is much shorter.
As a company that markets itself as a place where non typically sized cyclists can buy kit, at the very least you need to get the sizing right. I have had this problem with women’s kit too - you need to be consistent.
My postcode and work postcode couldn't be found on the system, so emailed to see why. The postcode was valid, so I had to be sent an invoice, which I could either pay using a website or a bank transfer. I chose the bank transfer, and put the correct invoice in the reference. The money went out of my account, but still hadn't heard anything after about a week. I emailed again, and was told that the company hadn't received it yet. I had to email again with my sort code, account number and the reference before FLAB checked properly, where they found it. I assume it had been sat there for days without being checked. Nightmare exchange in all jonesty, but the products are good. Just a number of different errors along the way that left me extremely frustrated and angry.
Hi Matt
We've dropped the ball here and can only apologise for not checking the invoice was paid and sending out your gear earlier.
We can't get to the bottom of the postcode issue - we use an address finder system which syncs with the Royal Mails system, so it's an odd one and out of our control but for sure, we should have been faster with the gear once you had paid the invoice.
returned two pairs of shorts as agreed to correct address to exchange for different size
Company refused to acknowledge they had been received
HI Mike
Sorry to hear that you have had issues with your return. If you could drop us an email with your tracking information we can look into this.
I am afraid that we don't refund items which we don't receive but most couriers companies and Royal Mail offer compensation for lost parcels.
A company I once held in high regard, it turns out that actually they are contemptous of their own core market and certainly only in it for the 'obese pound'. Mediocre quality at premium prices. There are certainly better quality, cheaper products available from more honest companies.

Their flagship sportive was a mess this year too, disorganised and poorly run, not a patch on the previous ones I've attended.
Hi Paul, it's bitterly disappointing to read such a damming review and particularly so from someone who was once an advocate of the brand. I have searched our emails and CRM system and can not find anything from you which gives insight into your comments and therefore it is very difficult for me to respond on the specifics.
Our garments are still made in the same ethical European factories that we have always used. The only changes in quality have been the introduction of better components and fabrics in order to offer all sizes the best quality on the market. There are cheaper products but as a small company we can not compete with larger brands, however I categorically disagree that they will be of a better quality and I doubt that they will be ethically manufactured in Europe, or that there is the same choice of sizes available elsewhere.
Your suggestion that we are a dishonest company is most hurtful, as it suggests that Richard and I as Founders of the business are dishonest and this is not true - we have always been very transparent and have always put integrity at the fore of everything we do.
We invest considerable effort and resource in our community - no other brand has bothered to do this - because we have a genuine interest in getting people onto bikes and giving them somewhere to belong and I would suggest that even a glance at our community pages would adequately dispel your suggestion that we are 'contemptuous' to our customers.
There were several issues with our 2019 Sportive and we have been very open at this, however logistics was not one of them and at no point were people at risk or unaware of what to do or where to go. As per our correspondence straight after the event, we were let down badly by our caterer and the appalling weather and flooding at HQ caused issues with the timings. Remedies are in hand to give participants of the 2019 event a discount on the 2020 event as soon as it is launched.
As you know, both Richard and I have a very hands on approach to the business and I am always available to customers therefore it is disappointing that you have not reached out to me direct.
Lynn Bye
Co Founder
Boss Lady/MD
I couldn’t bear to wear an item branded “fat lass at the back” so I returned the items.
There are so many things wrong with your company branding. Being a curvy woman who enjoys sport is hard enough, I shouldn’t need to label myself with your brand. I purchased from Liv who are inclusive without making me feel bad.
Hi Victoria
I am sorry that you feel this way about the Fat Lass branding - we know it's not for everyone which is why we have both branded and none branded garments in our collection.
It is not about labelling people, it's really about owning the joke and although the Fat Lass writing is not for you, many women find it both empowering and inspiring and wear it with pride.
It is clear from our photography, which items have the Fat Lass words on them and which ones don't.
If you are still struggling to find comfortable garments in your size, do reach out to us again and we will be able to give you information on our non branded collection.
Expensive and not the greatest of quality unfortunately.
Paid for next day delivery and it didn’t arrive. Very poor customer service when I contacted customer service. Just blamed the courier service and said not there problem.
A great company and I met your CEO at your Ikley Sportive, but you lost some trousers that I returned and I lost £80.
Hi Andrew,
We always recommend that returns are sent by a signed for courier or postal service as we can not be held responsible if things go missing before they get to us. Such services also offer compensation for lost parcels so that customers can claim for any loses.
Fat Lad At The Back is rated 4.84 based on 1,261 reviews