Explorer Travel Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Explorer Travel Insurance
Documents Delivered On-time
Read Explorer Travel Insurance Reviews
I have had good luck not to make any claims. I will wait to comment if I am unlucky to have to make claim and handling of the claim.
have been with explorer for quite a few years, but find they are becoming expensive
Explorer themselves seem ok. Unfortunately the company that they use for claims are not. They do not respond to emails or phone calls despite promises and my claims has now been outstanding for 4 months. I won't be insuring with Explorer in future as their claims people are not good enough.
Unfortunately the airline I travelled with collapsed while we were away. The flight was not ATOL protected and we had to finance a stand alone flight to return to the uk. Contacting your claims department refered me to the CAA site which was only dealing with atol protected claims, Your own office advised that you were not trained for such claims!!! further interaction with your office was a complete waste of time all information given via auto systems was read out so fast there very little chance of being able to note what was being said. Unfortunately for I will make sure I do not use your services again
The process of completing the policy was straightforward. The ages of myself and my wife were significant as were the acceptance of pre-existing medical conditions. Although, happily no claims arose during our visit to our daughter in the USA, how Explorer deals with claims is the acid test of any insurance policy. F.G.Williams, (Retired Chartered Insurer)
Can only say acceptable because we have not been away yet, so have not had chance to put them to the test, and hopefully we will not have to. But with the choice out there obviously we felt they were good value compared to other insurance policies.
Very easy to deal with. Quick service. A decent amount of cover and fairly ok price wise - but all insurances seem to be expensive!
I couldn’t believe it when I was asked if I had IBS and what medication I was taking. Millions of people have IBS, usually undiagnosed. My doctor assumes I have IBS but I don’t take any medication. Also, I do not have high blood pressure because I take medication to keep it low. You will be asking when we last had a cold next. I last had one over 20 years ago...probably because I am vegetarian. Shouldn’t that reduce my premium?
Good service but very disappointed how you treat your over 80yr old I had to purchase a separate Insurance for 3 days in Ireland I wanted to do a Annual Insurance to cover my 12 Days in Spain & 3 Day in Ireland.
Luckily no problems on holiday so all good.
There were an enormous number of medical questions to be dealt with probably age related. This is the first request for cover, si really can't give a practical star rating.
I made a claim, Re URV377050, on 23rd May for a holiday on 10th May that was cancelled due to my travelling companion having suffered a stroke and having subsequent surgery. After much exchange of correspondence I was advised on 16th August that the claim had been authorised and the settlement sum would be transferred to my bank within 5 working days. It is now SEPTEMBER 2nd and no such funds have arrived.
I have found the website fairly easy to navigate and the forms are clear and to the point. The price is very reasonable for all the regular countries. I have not had to make a claim, so I cannot give a true score of their services. Like with all insurance companies, they only come into being once they handle your claim.
I have your insurance but not used or claimed do I cannot comment on how good it is
Had no problems sorting buying a policy. Have not had to test it yet so can’t comment in detail.
When I phoned to add a new condition that I had just erm made aware if the young lady I spoke to was hurt to the point if rudeness. If I had not already been covered by your company I eod not have proceeded with the extra I chance. Very concerned by her superior attitude.
Expensive, not had to claim yet so don’t know if it works.
Haven't been away yet
Have purchased explore travel insurance many time have always been pleased with service and price but last purchase problem with medical the questions over my husband's hernia have changed never had a problem in the past costing us a lot more money will be searching around for better quote next time
We used yourtravel insurance last year, but never had to claim as everything was just fine so we have used your company again. The only comment I can really make is that the health questions asked do not give you any chance to write anything and although I have been advised to take statins for cholesterol I have never had a high cholesterol positive blood test even though I have had a heart attack. Therefore I think there should be a place for comments with each health question asked.
Explorer Travel Insurance is rated 4.58 based on 4,589 reviews