DIY Doctor Ltd Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend DIY Doctor Ltd

About DIY Doctor Ltd: DIY Doctor has been providing advice and information for free since 1998. Selling specially selected tools of trade quality at DIY prices, DIY Doctor aims to be the conduit between the Trade and the home owner. Our aim it to help you get your home improvement project completed with the right tools, first time.

charles@diydoctor.ltd.uk

Block 1 - Suite 2 Lakeside Park

How would you rate DIY Doctor Ltd ?

"The information the DIY Doctor prescribed was 5 Star plus. After some 50 years in construction from apprentice joiner to senior management: you're never to old to learn!"
"An excellent website with some really good videos and unique products. My only concern was that the carrier, Hermes, left my delivery in front of the front door, in full view of the footway, so anyone could have picked it up. Good job I was only away for the day, and not a fortnight!"
"I’ve been a tiler over 20 years and wouldn’t use any other grout float the wear well don’t loose there shape and last for years"
"As described and fast delivery"
"Efficient service and good value purchase"
"After reading the feedback first I decided it was worth taking a chance on buying as the price was very fair... Well after using about a third of the container I bought three more to share with my sons... We're all happy with the results... Well done mum!!!!"
"always good practical information & advice"
"They talk in simple language that you can understand from the easiest to the tricky DIY."
"I find if I need advice on any DIY to do with the house that I always get helpful replies. It is also good if you are researching for specific projects lots of good suggestions & instructions"
"Absolutely brilliant advice, ordered the recommended Eco paint stripper, which arrived very swiftly, and it is AMAZING so easy to use and it works ! No fumes, no need for protective gloves/goggles, no idea how it works but it does ! Thanks DIY Doctor"
"Prompt, efficient service"
"I wanted to build a garden arbour and found the DIY Doctor website. They had projects with really good step by step instructions. In fact, they have so many that I found lots more things I can try. Really helpful advice and when I asked a question, I got a very fast response. Doing DIY? Check out DIY Doctor."
"I had a problem on my allotment with the volume of rain and lack of organised drainage. DIY Doctor offered a number of solutions and the one I adopted solved the problem and also provided a sump of rainwater for irrigation. Thank you."
"My DIY days are long gone! Now problem solving usually starts online. Accidentally came across DIY Doctor. Always find it immensely valuable. Its a great service and has so much to offer. Will keep using it and will keeping passing on its value to others"
"Found eco friendly non toxic product on internet - water based paint and varnish remover Watched video which gave good reassurance of the product, Contacted DIY Doctor by phone. Helpful guy. Was advised too late for next day delivery but was super impressed when my order arrived next day anyway to an out of the way in the middle of nowhere address. Thank you. Not used the product yet (wasnt for me) but hopefully it will do what it says on the video."
"Hi D.I.Y doctor,good received, just what I was looking for, just want to let you know I only received 9 aircreat block anchors, these were wrapped loose in some polythene and an empty blue and white resealable bag, please don't send me "one" as i am a retired curtain fitter and have sufficient to do the job, and am unlikely to want these again, (just wanted to let you know) regards, Richard."
"Good quality product delivered in good time, at a reasonable price. Only concern was absence of instruction, video only marginally helpful, the blade was stuck and required loosening, not difficult but slightly worrying that a new piece of equipment needed a largish spanner to make it work! However, will use DIY Doctor again when occasion arises. Many thanks."
"I was really excited to find out that there was an "eco" paint stripper and after watching the video and reading the impressive list of what it would strip, I felt confident that it would do the job! I am an interior decorator working in a Georgian property with a lot of architrave hidden beneath layers of old paint-some undoubtedly lead, to strip. The tub says it can cope with up to 5 layers of old paint but in reality after an hour it just shifted the very top layer and left the others untouched. I decided to wrap it in cling film and leave overnight. I was expecting to be able to strip at least some of the layers relatively easily after a long soak....but no! Lots of scraping (and blisters) later and it still wasn't as good as I was hoping. So....I have resorted back to the strong stuff (disappointingly). It is expensive and doesn't really deliver. The lid had also come loose in transit and leaked- so maybe some sort of clips on the tub may be a good idea."
Hi Tony,
I am very sorry to hear that the Home Strip did not work for you. I suspect, from your description and the age of the property, you are dealing with a lead paint.
There is some advice about how to deal with lead based paints here: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/stripping-lead-paint.htm
We use it ourselves and work very closely with the manufacturers so would be very happy to work through how to get the best results.
All the best,
Charles
DIY Doctor
"Just what I wanted now the hard work starts"
"Received in good condition"
DIY Doctor Ltd is rated 4.74 based on 292 reviews