DIY Doctor Ltd Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend DIY Doctor Ltd

About DIY Doctor Ltd: DIY Doctor has been providing advice and information for free since 1998. Selling specially selected tools of trade quality at DIY prices, DIY Doctor aims to be the conduit between the Trade and the home owner. Our aim it to help you get your home improvement project completed with the right tools, first time.

charles@diydoctor.ltd.uk

Block 1 - Suite 2 Lakeside Park

How would you rate DIY Doctor Ltd ?

"I wanted to build a garden arbour and found the DIY Doctor website. They had projects with really good step by step instructions. In fact, they have so many that I found lots more things I can try. Really helpful advice and when I asked a question, I got a very fast response. Doing DIY? Check out DIY Doctor."
"I had a problem on my allotment with the volume of rain and lack of organised drainage. DIY Doctor offered a number of solutions and the one I adopted solved the problem and also provided a sump of rainwater for irrigation. Thank you."
"My DIY days are long gone! Now problem solving usually starts online. Accidentally came across DIY Doctor. Always find it immensely valuable. Its a great service and has so much to offer. Will keep using it and will keeping passing on its value to others"
"Found eco friendly non toxic product on internet - water based paint and varnish remover Watched video which gave good reassurance of the product, Contacted DIY Doctor by phone. Helpful guy. Was advised too late for next day delivery but was super impressed when my order arrived next day anyway to an out of the way in the middle of nowhere address. Thank you. Not used the product yet (wasnt for me) but hopefully it will do what it says on the video."
"Hi D.I.Y doctor,good received, just what I was looking for, just want to let you know I only received 9 aircreat block anchors, these were wrapped loose in some polythene and an empty blue and white resealable bag, please don't send me "one" as i am a retired curtain fitter and have sufficient to do the job, and am unlikely to want these again, (just wanted to let you know) regards, Richard."
"Good quality product delivered in good time, at a reasonable price. Only concern was absence of instruction, video only marginally helpful, the blade was stuck and required loosening, not difficult but slightly worrying that a new piece of equipment needed a largish spanner to make it work! However, will use DIY Doctor again when occasion arises. Many thanks."
"I was really excited to find out that there was an "eco" paint stripper and after watching the video and reading the impressive list of what it would strip, I felt confident that it would do the job! I am an interior decorator working in a Georgian property with a lot of architrave hidden beneath layers of old paint-some undoubtedly lead, to strip. The tub says it can cope with up to 5 layers of old paint but in reality after an hour it just shifted the very top layer and left the others untouched. I decided to wrap it in cling film and leave overnight. I was expecting to be able to strip at least some of the layers relatively easily after a long soak....but no! Lots of scraping (and blisters) later and it still wasn't as good as I was hoping. So....I have resorted back to the strong stuff (disappointingly). It is expensive and doesn't really deliver. The lid had also come loose in transit and leaked- so maybe some sort of clips on the tub may be a good idea."
Hi Tony,
I am very sorry to hear that the Home Strip did not work for you. I suspect, from your description and the age of the property, you are dealing with a lead paint.
There is some advice about how to deal with lead based paints here: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/stripping-lead-paint.htm
We use it ourselves and work very closely with the manufacturers so would be very happy to work through how to get the best results.
All the best,
Charles
DIY Doctor
"Just what I wanted now the hard work starts"
"Received in good condition"
"It would have been good if the item had arrived. Where is it!"
Hi Alan,
Apologies for not getting your order to you; as we discussed, the courier have confirmed that they have lost your package and we have arranged to dispatch a replacement immediately.
We appreciate the frustration and thank you for your patience - you will have a replacement very soon.
All the best,
DIY Doctor
"I asked the chat line for the correct type of replacement cutting wheels for my record pipe cutter (Record 102). What I have ordered and received is for a smaller cutter. I will be sending them back but it has delayed a job."
We are very sorry that you got the wrong product and appreciate your frustration.

We do try to provide accurate information on our chat service and we believe that we have directed you to the correct item. The spares that wanted (and the cutter that you have) have been discontinued by Irwin, and this was suggested to us as the right replacement. I understand from our suppliers that there are no longer any spares available for your particular cutter. Apologies again.

We we will refund you in full and thank you for your patience.
"Seemless process cheaper than other companies and product well packed and quick delivery"
"I have already written and expressed my gratitude for a job well done, I do not expect to keep doing so. Frank B. Morton"
"A very good on line shopping experience with DIY Doctor. The price of the item was the best seen and the postage was a very realistic price, unlike most on line retailers. This always clinches the purchase for buyers. Spot on."
"Good product at a fair price. Delivery was slow though"
"The tile drills I bought were brilliant. Did the job in half the time it would have taken. I will return"
"Very happy with the product and the website shopping experience. However very disappointed to receive a soggy, disintegrating, cardboard package six days later. "My Hermes" strikes again. Have had too many bad experiences of 'trashed in transit' with "My Hermes" to use them willingly. An improvement opportunity for DIY Doctor?"
"Have not yet used the goods, but a visual inspection of them certainly meets my expectations, and that is very pleasing. Received email on a Monday stating that goods had been dispatched. My chosen delivery option was standard delivery 2-3 working days. Goods didn't actually arrive until the Friday. It would have been helpful to have the ability to track the order so that I need only have made arrangements for someone to receive the goods on one day, rather than three. Overall though, I'm very pleased with what I've received, and I would certainly recommend you to others. Hope you find my comments helpful."
"prompt delivery, items well packaged"
"GOOD PRODUCT"