Crunch Reviews

of reviewers recommend Crunch
Read Crunch Reviews

About Crunch:

Crunch takes the stress out of accounting by reducing both cost and time. We provide simple online accounting for contractors, freelancers, sole traders, limited companies, and small businesses.

With over 10,500 clients, we offer a range of fixed-fee packages and bespoke solutions so you can design a service to suit you. We help with accounting, tax reporting, Self Assessments, payroll, expenses, bookkeeping, and much more.

We’re not just another software provider - we offer unlimited support and advice through our client management team and chartered certified accountants.

reviews@crunch.co.uk

Telecom House, 125-135 Preston Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 6AF

Tell us how Crunch made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Joined crunch on 17th of December right after I incorporated my startup. Everything was smooth until I signed the contract and had an initial chat, and that's it. I never heard back from them again other than receiving a bunch of irrelevant email newsletters. Never put your trust on them unless you know what needs to be done with tax filings and stuff. They charged me 200 pounds and promised a refund as I was not happy (as if they haven't promised anything else before) 😁 and it's been a month. There are better and cheaper alternatives available, do some research before you sign up and don't fall in for their funky website.
Hi Adarsh,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're unhappy, one of the team will be in touch with you today to follow up on your concerns.

Jen - Client Experience Manager
Joined 25th November and made payment. Realised by the next day that I probably didn't need the service. Called and cancelled within 24 hours. Got an email to ask me to put this in writing - I did this within an hour. Got a quick reply (8 minutes!) saying I would have a full refund within 5 working days. No refund still now in mind-January. I have sent repeated emails very clearly describing the problem. I replied to the same email trail, so I know for a fact they have my messages. I also got the automated responses to acknowledge my messages. Make your own mind up if based upon the above you would trust Crunch.
Hi Simon,

I'm really sorry to hear about this, this certainly doesn't describe the service we pride ourselves on. We're looking into what's happened here and someone will be in touch to resolve this today as a matter of priority.

Jen - Client Experience Manager
It started off really well a few years ago with a super great account manager but since then I have been passed from one person to another, providing conflicting advice continuously. Recently I checked with client services if I could withdraw a certain amount of monies and they confirmed I could only to then be told I needed to pay monies for my corporation tax for over £4000 personally. Never received those monies back after the endless amounts of calls and emails. My advice, go to professionals not Crunch were they do not have competent staff nor software.
Hi Bolly,

When you raised this concern with us it was escalated to our deputy head of accounting who dealt with this in accordance with our complaints procedure. She has confirmed that no incorrect or conflicting advice was provided and no monies are owed to you from Crunch.

Jen - Client Experience Manager
Their system is great and really the only reason I have stayed with them for the time I have, but the customer service experience is not good. Slow response times from the customer services team are frustrating and when asked for advice they don't offer any. They seem to have a set list of copy/paste information they offer rather than actually engaging with your particular issue or question.
Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the time and content of the responses you've been getting. We'll be looking into this today as a matter of priority, and a senior member of the team will be in touch.

Jen - Client Experience Manager
Accounting made easy I find the system very easy to use once you have it explained by the Crunch team, and if you have any questions they are happy to assist. Crunch offers honest accountant service, at an affordable cost which after all is tax deductible so nearly at an expense to you or the business Jacob
Hi Jacob,

Thank you so much for leaving this review, we're really glad to hear that you're so happy with our service!

Jen - Client Experience Manager
Crunch has been absolutely fantastic and I am very pleased with their service . Special thanks to Sinnan, who always answers every query patiently and provides wonderful support . Thank you very much
Hi Joe,

This is great to hear, thank you so much for taking the time to provide this review! Really glad to hear you're getting the support you need.

Jen - Client Experience Manager
Sínann Lambert, she is brilliant. Its been a while since i had spoke with someone with so much charisma, expertise, efficiency and speed! Employees like her make the brand!
Hi Cristian,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this lovely feedback! We really appreciate it, and have passed this onto Sinann and the team.

Thanks again,

Would Work With Again yes
Simone really helped me solve a tricky expense / bank reconciliation problem - was very patient, took the time and delivered a great result - good job and thank you!
Hi Yusuf,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review! We're really glad Simone was able to help you solve your problem, and have passed on this great feedback.

Would Work With Again yes
no idea what is meant by this question, it appears on my screen like this; collection.steps.rating.custom-labels.sentiment.happy don't waste my time with a badly formed survey
Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, although I'm really sorry to see that the link we sent doesn't appear to work for you. We're looking into this to resolve any issues asap.

In the meantime, if you need any help with your account please don't hesitate to get in touch on support@crunch.co.uk or 0333 311 8001 and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks again, Jen - Client Experience Manager
Olivia, Sinann and all their colleagues go above and beyond every time I contact them.. Admittedly, the software does need a little thought to make the "flow" of the accounts more logical but when it's backed up by their great customer service it's fantastic.. Very Pleased !
Hi Darren,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this review, we really appreciate it!

Would Work With Again yes
My accounts were done in next to no time, and your team were there for me every step of the way. Lucy was excellent and very helpful, she helped to keep things clear and simple.
Hi Sinead,

This is fantastic to hear, thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback! We've passed it on to Lucy and the rest of the team.

Jen - Client Experience Manager
Sinann did an amazing job since day one. She has helped with any issues/questions I had and always went the extra mile to make sure everything was clear and right.
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us this lovely feedback David! We really appreciate it :)

Jen - Client Experience Manager
Sinann has been my account manager for 2 years now, and throughout has been professional, helpful and accommodating. As someone with limited knowledge of accounting, I have found Sinann's advice and knowledge to be extremely useful which has helped me no end in staying on top of my accounts. She is always happy to take my calls and answer my unlimited cries for help. I cannot speak highly enough of Sinnan and her colleagues, an absolute pleasure to work with. Thank you Sinnan.
Hi David,

This is fantastic, thank you very much for providing this feedback! Really glad to hear you are getting so much out of our service, and we've passed this on to Sinann.

Thanks again!

Would Work With Again yes
Olivia and all her colleagues at Crunch are truly amazing, they are all beyond helpful and patient! Whoever picks up the phone is always happy to go above and beyond to help you and talk you through what needs to be done in ''human'' understandable terms! Olivia has saved me the last few days with my end of year accounts, she is an absolute star! I couldn't recommend Crunch more highly, thank you to all the Crunch Team!
Hi Grace,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this lovely review, we're really proud of Olivia and the team for providing such great service!

Jen - Client Experience Manager
The company's best asset is the people. In my case it's Sinann, my account manager. She's patient and ALWAYS super, super helpful. Thanks! :)
Thanks very much for your feedback, we've passed this on to Sinann. It means so much to the team to be recognised for the great service they deliver, so thanks for taking the time!

Jen - Client Experience Manager
The software works pretty well but the company itsself basically does nothing for you. You do all the expenses and reconcilliation yourself and most of the tax calculation is automated or you have to do it yourself so the accountant only looks at it for the corporation tax return. They never suggest ways you can save tax apart from the most basic standard ways. They never consult you about expected earnings for coming years to put in place any tax saving strategies. They never do what they say they will do unless you hound them. When I finally decided to close my business they told me it would take a couple of months but a year later they still had not done it so then it gave me issues with my tax return. I've had 5 different account handlers in 6 years all of which seem a bit clueless. You pay standard accoutning fees for a computer to do the work for them and the little work an accountant does is done very very slowly or not at all. I'll use an old fashioned accounant next time as I paid a lot less tax than with crunch.
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to review Crunch, I'm very sorry to hear the experience you've had has not been positive. Although I understand that you've closed your business, this is not the way we'd like you to leave Crunch, and we will be reaching out to you today to find out more about your experience and see if there's anything we can do at this stage to help you out.

Would Work With Again yes
Being appointed your own personal manager who is both friendly, knowledgeable and personable makes a huge difference to someone like myself who likes to be organised.
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this lovely feedback, we really appreciate it!

Jen - Client Experience Manager
My account manager suddenly left the company shortly after we completed my onboarding and none of the initiatives or specifics of my account were apparently handed over to my new point of contact. The anonymised way in which you must communicate with Crunch through support@crunch.co.uk makes it feel like all your requirements are simply being fed into a very generalised model that caters for the majority of customers, but perhaps doesn't perfectly fit those with slightly different requirements. I'm trying to leave Crunch at the moment and have been waiting for over 3 weeks to receive a meaningful reply to my emailed notice of termination. Their software is also very poor compared to something like FreeAgent. It gets the job done, but feels like something developers cobbled together with very little input from a UX designer.
I'm very sorry your recent experience hasn't been at the standard we would expect. One of our Team Managers is contacting you this afternoon to discuss everything.
Martin
Head of Client Services
I’ve been with Crunch arround three years. My account manager for about a year was great. However, she’s left and no one seems to have taken her place. The accountant who’s spent 6 months helping me deal with an accounting issue has been replaced with someone who although personable doesn’t seem to have a clue and is giving incredibly frustrating incorrect advice. The costumer service is overall really shoddy. The high turnover of staff there means you’re constantly repeating the same thing to accountants with various degrees of competence. Will be moving ASAP.
I'm so sorry your experience isn't what we'd like it to be and we'd love to speak to you about resolving it. If you could email into CX@crunch.co.uk we'll jump on it straight away.
Martin
Head of Client Services
Would Work With Again yes
The Crunch team are always friendly and willing to help solve or attend to any queries or concerns I have and being a relatively new company owner, I have a few! :)
Hi Jo, thanks very much for giving us such lovely feedback, we really appreciate it.
Crunch is rated 4.20 based on 279 reviews