Crunch Reviews

81% of reviewers recommend Crunch

About Crunch: Crunch is a groundbreaking online accountancy firm for freelancers, contractors and small businesses. By combining accredited, award-winning in-house accountants with internally-developed cloud software, Crunch delivers a complete business accountancy service for a flat monthly fee. No costly extras, your own personal account manager, and maximum tax efficiency.

Crunch’s monthly fee of £69.50+VAT includes:

- Unlimited access to your own account manager and a team of accredited accountants
- Access to our simple, real-time online accounting software to help you stay on top of your finances
- Year end filings, Corporation Tax and VAT returns all included in your monthly fee
- Our team will handle the taxman for you with our Registered Office service
- Mobile apps for on-the-go bookkeeping
- RTI-compliant payroll included for two company directors
- A hand-picked range of additional business services

To learn more visit Crunch.co.uk

advisors@crunch.co.uk

Telecom House, 125-135 Preston Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 6AF

Category:
Accountants

How would you rate Crunch ?

"Sinann has been extremely helpful and pleasant to talk with! Thanks for resolving all my issues!"
"Unprofessional unsafe practices crunch couldn’t give a dam. I requested Crunch 6 months ago to close my company to date still not done, what’s worrying they use unqualified people to do your accounts from what appears to be a script. I have lost thousands due to their incompetence. Complaints are ignored, when you try and escalate your fobbed off. Warning stay clear of this company. By far the worst company I have ever dealt with, this company will not be around in a few years won’t be long before BBC watchdog get there teeth into them Mel Grant MAID IS OXFORD LTD."
Hi Mel,

Thank you for your feedback and we're really sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience. This is not what we're used to hearing and we'll do all we can to put things right where we feel that we can.

We'll make sure that a member of the team is in touch as soon as we can and we'll review what has taken place on your account.

We have a thorough complaint process at Crunch and our records show that a Team Manager responded to your original concerns last month but we've not had a response until your review today. We completely disagree with your comments about our staff members and that our practices are unsafe.

We'll be in touch as soon as we can.

Kind regards
Would Work With Again yes
"Saved my bacon from an unhelpful referencing company by getting a turn around on a reference in less tha a day! Much appreciated"
"I am giving one star as I can't give zero. I would strongly recommend avoiding this company at all costs. They messed up my payroll, my VAT and I am not sure whether the rest of the work they did is correct. I had to take out a bank loan to pay for the incorrect VAT and personal tax which was a couple of thousand out. After many calls to the HRMC I finally got this corrected myself. I am currently paying interest on a loan because of their mistakes, I complained but they aren't willing to offer compensation. Their attitude until I complained was very flippant."
Hi Adam,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us, my name's Luke and I'm the Client Experience Coordinator here at Crunch.

I'm very sorry to hear that things haven't gone quite as expected, I'd like to take some time to thoroughly review the situation and get back to you with a more in depth response.

Hold tight and I'll be back in touch on Monday.

Would Work With Again yes
"My client manager Mr Luke Young is extremely helpful and nice, also gives 100% to explain and solve my queries."
"As a customer for 2 years I paid a £200 company closure fee 6 months ago and they still haven't closed the company. They will not forward any mail and are leaving me in the dark about everything. I am seeking legal advice on the position of my company. If you value your business I would not recommend Crunch, there are much better providers out there."
Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback and we're sorry to hear that you're having diffuclties with our closure process.

Our notes show that your accounts were completed some time ago however we both agreed not to close down the company - this was in your best interest.

We'll ensure that somebody is in touch with you this morning to discuss in more detail.

Hold tight.
"I couldn’t agree more with all the bad reviews below. I have been a customer since 2012 and noticed the services getting poorer every year. At this day, their services looks more like a bunch of automated emails rather than a true service helping you handling your tax efficiently. I am now dealing with the worst customer experience, with late fee payments and been forced to pay a full year of subscription despite my wish to leave. I am currently seeking for legal help as anywhere else is a pro-rata based type of subscription. I thought that a start up would had the decency to consider their old customers who endured the up and down of their development. I am shocked of their very poor ethics and consideration against freelancers and small businesses."
Hi Tom

My name's Andy and I'm the Client Experience Manager here at Crunch. I'm really sorry to hear about your experiences and will review first thing tomorrow when the office is open.

Rest assured we'll review and and be in touch as soon as we can. We'll pit things right if things have gone wrong.

Thanks for raising and leave it with me to review.

All the best
"Superb Customer Service. I have full transparency over my business financials."
Would Work With Again yes
"The Crunch system is great but what really makes it worthwhile is the customer service. My account manager is brilliant and is always very helpful."
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the great comments! Your Client Manager Katie is delighted to read your feedback. So close to being a 5 star! Do let our Client Experience Team know what we can do to bump this up to a 5 next time by dropping us an email to cx@crunch.co.uk

Would Work With Again yes
"They are very helpful and my client manager Matt is always willing to help or give advice. I thought they would be a faceless online accountant, it doesn’t feel anything like that. It’s made me feel more in control of my finances."
Hi Simon,
Really wonderful to hear your happy with the service from Matt. We've let him know and he's a very happy chappy indeed.

Lovely to hear that you find us to be personable service also

Thanks again!
Would Work With Again yes
"The main reason I'm still with crunch is my client manager who is always of great help for my enquiries. I really like the e-crunch platform that is quite straight forward to use. The only reason why I didn't give crunch 5 starts is the high staff turnaround. I must have had at least 4different client managers within less than 2years."
Hi Peter,

Thank you so much for the kind words! Your Client Manager Abbey is very happy with your comments.

From time to time, Client Managers move onto other positions within the company and so we need to re-home clients. We appreciate that this isn't ideal however our training and support systems should be able to facilitate a smooth transition.

Thanks again
"I’ve used Crunch since 2013 and have never had a problem with them. The website is very easy to use. I like that I can see where I am with all payments etc. They have been very helpful when i’ve done things wrong and shown me how to rectify or simply rectified it themselves. All responses have been quick to my emails, never had a problem sending a query to the generic support one. Adam Thorpe has been so helpful as my Accountant Manager and has been really great with advising on the closure of my company. Extremely professional. The only thing is I wished the bank bolt app hadn’t been removed as it was a really good tool and I thought that was a step backwards for Crunch. I would definitely use Crunch again should I start up another Company. It was really smooth running. Thank you."
"I had an accountant completely mess up my personal filing and was quite wary of having anyone else do my tax again. Crunch is brilliant and perfect for me in that the actual system is so easy to use I can see everything in real time so I know exactly where I stand at any point in the year with minimal effort. Anytime I've had questions the team has been helpful and responsive and the user friendly interface means filing my own Personal Return is super easy so no more forking out for fees every January! All business returns are filed on time to HMRC and have never had any problems. I must give a personal mention to Luke Young my account manager who is has been a smiley face at the end of an email after going through a stressful mortgage application, nothing was too much trouble and he did everything in his power to help and his personable manner really helped to make the whole process a lot more bearable! The only thing I would say is that although I understand why they do it, you always have to email what appears to be a generic support@ email which can feel a little like you're sending emails into the ether but this is a small detail, I would always recommend Crunch to people looking for a reliable accountant as I've received nothing but impeccable service from them."
Would Work With Again no
"I found the Crunch online system and app, practically impossible to use. But the main problem came when I asked for advice on several personal, and business tax questions. I asked to speak to an accountant 7 times, each time I was deflected, and either given contradictory advice from client managers, or told to search the topic and read an article on the crunch site. Several things were not filed with HMRC, despite me receiving emails from Crunch stating that they had been filed. Crunch is not cheap for a Ltd company, at £1000 a year - and this doesn’t include and personal filings. I now have an actual accountant, who is apauled at the advice crunch gave me. I’ve had to spend thouasands of pounds rectifying the problems caused by crunch. I really don’t know what crunch are providing...there are easier to use online systems for £3 a month. Crunch try everything to stop you speaking to one of their accountants, even though they advertise ‘unlimited advice from accountants’ so what you are paying for, I don’t really know. My accountant advised me to ask crunch for a full refund for any premiums I paid, which I have requested - but I haven’t yet heard anything back. The client managers all seem very nice, but you get different advice every time you speak to someone."
Hi Thomas,

My name’s Luke and I’m the Client Experience Coordinator here at Crunch. I’m sorry to hear that you’re unhappy with the service you received during your time with us.

Our Client Experience Manager, Andy, has been looking into your complaint and will be contacting you separately to discuss the issues you have described.

Please leave this with us and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Kind regards,
"I've been using Crunch for a couple of years now, never had any particular problem."
"Used to be a great company. Now totally disorganized and give incorrect information via emails. Sorry crunch... what started as a good company now needs to up it's game if you want to compete with self-serve platforms such as Xero."
Hi Jamie,

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with the service. We'll be in touch as soon as we can to see what's been going on.

Hold tight.

All the best
"Late filings similar to the stories below despite chasing. I expect them to pay the Companies House and HMRC fines. Currently they haven’t accepted liability despite me telling them to get on with the accounts months before. Avoid."
Hi Jez,

My name's Andy and I'm the Client Experience Manager here at Crunch. I'm really sorry to hear of your experience and will be in touch as soon as I can.

Please leave this with me to review for now.

Kind regards
Would Work With Again no
"If I had the option to give Crunch 0 out of 5 I would. Firstly, my 2016-17 accounts were filed late. Admittedly I didn’t complete my accounts until December, however this was something I had always done with my previous accountants. I assumed it would be the same with Crunch especially as all the bookkeeping was done digitally so I assumed there wouldn’t be much that an accountant would need to do, especially as I’m a freelancer. I was never chased by Crunch or made aware of any deadlines but once I had submitted my accounts I was told they wouldn’t be filed in time and I would be fined £150. After exchanging several lengthy emails with my account manager where he argues with everything he said and blamed everything on me I was left with a fine of £150. Next it was time to do my personal tax, I followed the link in the automated reminder email I received to remind me to fill the form in before 14th December, on the 14th December, and filled in the form. A message appeared telling me someone would contact me. Nobody did contact me and it was only when my account manager chased me several weeks later that I told him I’d filled the form in and discovered that I had actually filled in 15/16’s form in error. I explained that I had followed the link in the email and he said he could see I had filled in the form within the deadline so I should only have to pay the £75 rather than the £175 it cost if you missed the deadline. However after various long winded and defensive emails from various team members it was concluded that I would have to pay £175. At one point I waited a week for a reply from one email only to be told I would have to pay the £100 extra because there was only a day left before the deadline and I had left it too late to complain. The fact that Crunch spent so much time and resource arguing over £100 is obsurd. It would have cost them that in time spent dealing with my complaint and due to the outcome they have also lost my business and good will. My experience with Crunch showed me they are after a quick buck rather than wanting to offer their customers a good and fair service."
Hi K,

Thanks for sharing your experiences, I can understand that it’s always unpleasant to have to make payments that you had hoped to avoid.

I am sorry if you feel that we’ve been unclear with our requirements however on review, all reminders about responsibilities and deadlines have covered the due dates of the company accounts. Your Client Manager assisted you throughout the year creating .csv files of your bank statements that would usually be charged as an additional bookkeeping service.

We have a clear pricing structure for self assessments with early bird discounts, starting as early as July the following tax year, that is advertised via our marketing and newsletter emails. I’m sorry if you did not read these and the offers were not taken up.

It’s always our aim to provide first class service and we’re sorry that you felt let down in this instance.

If you’d like to discuss this further, my name is Luke and you can contact me on cx@crunch.co.uk

Kind regards,
"Quite good about coming out to a repair."
"Absolute mess. All the advice they gave me was either wrong or so poorly communicated as to be ineffectual. Filed my VAT 3 weeks late despite me calling up several times to try and push it along. Now I am still getting letters from HMRC asking me where the money I owe them is despite it having been paid immediately. I feel like I have been completely ripped off and effectively paid for nothing but headaches and a waste of time. It's worth paying a bit extra for a higher level of service. I can honestly say I'd have been better off going it alone with a spreadsheet."
Hi Joe,

My name’s Andy and I’m the Client Experience Manager here at Crunch. I’m sorry to hear that you’re unhappy with the service and I’ll be looking into this straight away.

I’ll be in touch as quickly as I can so we can review what went wrong and where we can rescue this for you.

Crunch is rated 4.25 based on 257 reviews