Crunch Reviews

188 Reviews

Crunch is a groundbreaking online accountancy firm for freelancers, contractors and small businesses. By combining accredited, award-winning in-house accountants with internally-developed cloud software, Crunch delivers a complete business accountancy service for a flat monthly fee. No costly extras, your own personal account manager, and maximum tax efficiency.

Crunch’s monthly fee of £64.50+VAT includes:

- Unlimited access to your own account manager and a team of accredited accountants
- Access to our simple, real-time online accounting software to help you stay on top of your finances
- Year end filings, Corporation Tax and VAT returns all included in your monthly fee
- Our team will handle the taxman for you with our Registered Office service
- Mobile apps for on-the-go bookkeeping
- RTI-compliant payroll included for two company directors
- A hand-picked range of additional business services

To learn more visit Crunch.co.uk

advisors@crunch.co.uk

Unit 11-12 Hove Business Centre, Fonthill Rd, Hove,East Sussex

Category:
Accountants

R. K

Would Work With Again no

Spend your money on an online bookkeeping course, as you'll be doing it all yourself anyway.

Lots of promises but very poor user experience, staff have very limited knowledge of actual accounting and expect you to do most of it yourself. To give an example I'm currently trying to reconcile my accounts, but because my credit card's CSV download (Barclays) doesn't provide a running balance, my 'account manager' doesn't know what to do.

As such I have had to create my own CSV file and add all transactions (even though I have already done this in crunch), which I then upload so that their system will accept it.

It still isn't sorted and because they require accounts to be completely up-to-date to do last years self assessment (?!?) I am now almost a week away from the deadline and my accountants have advised I go elsewhere!

E-mail response is very slow (although when I cancelled my direct debit they got in touch straight away). Overall very bad experience and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.
J.Owen

Would Work With Again yes

Our Company has been with Crunch for a few years. Once you've mastered the software it makes managing the accounts very straight forward, I was very glad to leave Quickbooks behind.
It has been a pleasure to work with Louis Worrell, who has been our Account Manager this year. He is extremely helpful, professional and always responds promptly. I know if I have any difficulties, I can count on him to help me resolve them.
Tibor N

Would Work With Again Yes

Exceptional service, always quick to respond, and amazing service from Lawrence Miller!
Ruth A

Would Work With Again Yes

Luke Young has been of significant help in ensuring I am up to speed with my records, expenses etc.

Luke is a valuable asset.
Mark W

Would Work With Again yes

Their support, speed to responses and expertise is the best I've ever experienced. I always know exactly how my company is doing financially and am given clear information on when to file HMRC documents. They're just fantastic and really take the stress out of accounting.
Harry R

Would Work With Again yes

I want to break Crunch into two distinct parts: the service and the people.

The service that Crunch provides is absolutely invaluable. They take the hassle, headaches, and panic out of accounting. They remove a lot of the confusion and stress and leave me to do what I need to do, which is provide services to my own clients. They help with with broad questions, like how I should set myself up for VAT, right down to super specific issues, too intricate to even go into. They provide a wide array of services to a consistently high level of quality. I have absolutely every confidence in everything they do for me, which is reassuring when we’re talking about money and tax and government.

What really sets Crunch apart, though, are the people who work there. I know that every time I email, no matter how trivial or banal or complex or fiddly my problem, they will always reply immediately, helpfully, and proactively. They also manage to strike the perfect balance between professional and personable, which is something I value very highly: it means I know that I can trust them, I know that they’ve got everything under control, but they also conduct themselves as laid back, down to earth, and truly friendly people (special shout out to Amelia, my Account Manager at the time of writing—she has the patience of a saint!).

I’ve been using Crunch for 3+ years now. I recommend them to anyone who will listen, and will continue to use them while ever I run my own business. They’re the best.
Jan H

Would Work With Again yes

Accountancy is a minefield for me, which is why Crunch get a 5 star rating here.

My Account Manager, Sian, answers all of my questions (and there are lots!) on the same day, often immediately. She is absolutely amazing!

Crunch really do make accountancy simple. I highly recommend them. Their service is worth every penny!
Jacob P

Would Work With Again Yes

Been a customer coming up to a year now (10 months), and have had a good experience so far. The web system used is a bit clunky in some areas, but does the job.

The place where Crunch shines is customer service. My account manager will respond to any queries same day - usually same hour. This is a massive help, and the reason why I cannot think about using another accounting provider. Everyone I have ever spoken to within Crunch is knowledgeable, helpful and polite.

Would Work With Again no

I heard about the company on internet, and communicated with their online adviser to learn more about their services. The adviser interrupted the conversation in an unexpected and unkind manner after he heard that we are not UK resident although the company for which we request assistance is UK-based. I personally and professionally felt disturbed, the conduct was pretty unprofessional.
Carlotta

Would Work With Again yes

This is my first experience with English Accountants and I have to say that Crunch team have done a brilliant work for me in this my first year with them. In particular, many thanks to Lisa who has always been ready and available to listen to my questions and issues. I had an urgent matter to be solved and Lisa understood the urgency and the matter and made it possible to have my accounts ready in few days. Many many thanks Lisa!

Would Work With Again yes

Louis is always very helpful and always gives outstanding service. Always there at the end of the phone.
Neil W

Would Work With Again Yes

Every time I call, I get a prompt response, ether a message taken, or straight through to Louis Worrell who is 1st Class.

No complaints thus far.
Lucie

Would Work With Again yes

It is my second year in business, and I can admit that when you start a venture, yes there are bumps along the way. Admin and banking is definitely NOT my area, and despite a few bugs from the system, I am happy with Crunch. It is much better now that at the beginning 18 months ago and I feel this company is also evolving in its best possible way. I was dealing with different account managers back then and I was struggling to make everything work smoothly on the system. However I have now been dealing with Rosie Hands for the last 5/6 months and she has been absolutely amazing to work with. She is very patient with all my questions, quick to answer and always willing to help, she has definitely been a huge help so far in getting everything right for my business on the admin side. 5 star customer service on that side for sure.
Simone E

Would Work With Again Yes

From the first phone call about account setup and assistance with new company (ltd.) setup liaising with Crunch has been very professional. At that stage I appreciated that there was no 'hard-sales' or 'sales' approach.
Since having been assigned an account manager (S Swift) each of my queries has been addressed within great response times and with detailed, professional knowledge. Stephen has repeatedly provided the exact detailed information that I needed and also has made me aware or reminded me if information was still outstanding.
The portal itself is well designed for easy navigation and very user-friendly. I also appreciate the automated messages that guide me through the process for tax payments, statement reconciliations, etc.
I've used Crunch now for just over 2 months and would say it's been a friendly and reliable service! Thank you.
Eline

Would Work With Again yes

Crunch was very good at helping me set up everything and making it simple. This past year I've also had the best account manager Luke who really stepped it up and made the whole experience even better.
Chris G

Would Work With Again no

What went right? The software should just be deleted and started again from scratch. Clunky, complicated and full of bugs. I would recommend using Wave Accounting's free cloud app and find a local accountant that you can work with as working with loads of different people creates a lot of miscommunications.

The staff are great to speak to but the management and idea of the company is poorly executed which is why it actually gets a star. A shame because the company started off great.
Hi Chris,

My name’s Andy and I’m the Client Experience Manager at Crunch. Thank you taking the time to share your experiences and very sorry to hear you’re unhappy with the software. I'll be in touch shortly to see where you’ve experienced problems with the Crunch platform. All feedback is greatly appreciated and I’ll report it back to the team.

Thank you for your kinds words about our staff and I look forward to seeing what went wrong for you.

Harry W

Would Work With Again Yes

Amazing company who has helped me grow from a Micro business to small/mid business, advising me along the way.

I have recently moved account managers to Stephen Swift who has really made the entire communications chain a breeze and goes out of his way to get things sorted quickly!

Dan D

Would Work With Again Yes

Very easy to use software, and excellent customer service via experienced and knowledgeable dedicated account managers. Highly recommended.
Richard

Would Work With Again no

More like what HASN'T gone wrong...!

I've been trying to get my company accounts finalised for 5 months, to no avail. Inexperienced customer service managers dodging questions and passing the buck. I've lost my patience. Sad really - considering I've been a customer for 2 years and have recommended them to friends.

Service clearly in rapid decline, staff over worked, and the system slow. Also, for an automated system it is woefully clunky, unintuitive and does not update itself (so if you pay your VAT for example, it will still bombard you with clients).

For the service they offer, I'd suggest trying to do what you can yourself or going to a 'proper' accountant.
Hi Richard,

My name’s Andy and I’m the Client Experience Manager at Crunch. Thank you sharing your experiences and I’m very to sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our service.

I'll be in touch shortly with an update on your Year End accounts. I’d also like to gain more insight from you as I’m keen to understand your concerns and where you feel we've under performed.

Would Work With Again no

I've been with Crunch and witnessed their service going from bad to worse, long waits for accountant replies, issues with the system, very slow at replying basic queries. They were reluctant to cancel my subscription at the end to trading year when I decided to leave (for simplicity) even though I had given a month notice as they were saying that accounts had to be approved first, I am glad I persisted and cancelled my DD as in the end it took nearly 5 months to transfer to a new accountant and get basic accounts done.

The accounts had to be rectified several times due to some silly mistakes, like moving all mileage expenses to public transport expenses! Good at sending reminders (that are automatically generated), in fact I still receive automated emails even though I have left them nearly 6 months ago! The worse of all is the inconsistent advice from different accountants, you dont get a personal accountant by the way so answers tend to come from different accountants (thats after long waits to get some advice) and they are not able to provide you with accountancy services that deviate from their restrictive system like setting up a company with different class shares, etc.. when you account for the extra time spent on calls, revisiting their work because you lost faith they not so cheap anymore, plus they charge separately for things like providing references, signed accounts, additional employees, SA, etc..

They basically are a call centre that rely on an IT system to do their accountancy, when you need a reply from an accountant takes ages.. when you want something that their system doesnt support you stuffed... I am so glad I have finally left..
Hi Pedro,

My name’s Andy and I’m the Client Experience Manager here at Crunch Accounting. Thank you sharing your experiences and I’m sorry to hear you feel the level of service has declined.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated and I’m keen to review what has caused your areas of concern and what we can do about it moving forwards. I’m sorry to hear you are still receiving correspondence from us and so I’ll deal with this asap.

Please leave this with me to investigate and I’ll be in touch as soon as I’ve spoken to our team.

Crunch is rated 4.46 based on 188 reviews