Crunch Reviews

84% of reviewers recommend Crunch

About Crunch: Crunch is a groundbreaking online accountancy firm for freelancers, contractors and small businesses. By combining accredited, award-winning in-house accountants with internally-developed cloud software, Crunch delivers a complete business accountancy service for a flat monthly fee. No costly extras, your own personal account manager, and maximum tax efficiency.

Crunch’s monthly fee of £69.50+VAT includes:

- Unlimited access to your own account manager and a team of accredited accountants
- Access to our simple, real-time online accounting software to help you stay on top of your finances
- Year end filings, Corporation Tax and VAT returns all included in your monthly fee
- Our team will handle the taxman for you with our Registered Office service
- Mobile apps for on-the-go bookkeeping
- RTI-compliant payroll included for two company directors
- A hand-picked range of additional business services

To learn more visit Crunch.co.uk

advisors@crunch.co.uk

Telecom House, 125-135 Preston Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 6AF

Category:
Accountants

How would you rate Crunch?

Would Work With Again yes
"Had an issue with my client manager at Crunch who just wasn't getting what I was asking for. I then dealt with Oscar Whitaker who handled my mortgage reference perfectly. Was clear and concise and straight to the point. Would happily deal with him again."
Would Work With Again yes
"Stephanie Berriman has been a fantastic help to me, she has great patience and is always prompt and efficient. I would recommend Crunch and the great customer service they provide. Keep up the fantastic work"
"My experience using Crunch is really good. It's a platform very easy to use and now that I can reconcile statements automatically uploaded from my bank it's extremely useful. I've been using it for more than 2 years and I can recommend it to everyone. Luke, my account manager, is awesome. He is really helpful and he always have an answer to my questions (no matter how easy or hard they are). He advised me really well on how to manage properly my expenses and he solved all my doubts about the business. I feel really safe considering my experience directing an ltd is quite short. I can recommend it 100% sure."
Would Work With Again yes
"Two of Staff at Crunch - Alexis and Mina - to me have been exceptionally kind and helpful and an absolute pleasure to speak with, even though I asked a lot of questions, and I appreciated their detailed knowledge and availability - which went beyond what I would have expected. Thank you."
Would Work With Again yes
"If ever we have any questions, our Account Manager Luke is always on hand to help us. He always goes above and beyond and we have a great relationship. Couldn't recommend Crunch strongly enough."
Would Work With Again no
"Cumbersome portal. Late account filing with Companies House. Inaccurate VAT return advice. Notification of fine from Companies House not forwarded for almost two months. Continue to receive VAT overdue alerts despite deregistration six months ago. Regular price hikes over and above inflation. Internal communication very poor. External communication very poor. Despite apologies and assurances from Mr Tyrell, level of service is still woeful. Would not recommend to anyone in it's current state."
Would Work With Again yes
"The Crunch system is really straightforward to use, the short videos take you through each bit step-by-step and the account managers are knowledgeable, helpful and very patient when I have any questions. It makes my accounting so simple and quick - I never thought I'd say that. I can't praise them highly enough."
Would Work With Again yes
"Always available to assist and answer questions"
"Really great service and easy to use app. Takes the pain out of accounting."
Would Work With Again no
"When this service launched it was outstanding. They added a few features, it got even better. It was the best accountancy product for a while, but their velocity of impovement has slowed to a snail's pace with the recent "improvements" being about a new logo and website and not improving the app which is their core product. The site (app.crunch.co.uk hosted on amazon) often has poor latency. The UI is clunky with having to wander around the screen needlessly. Look at GDS standards and key obvious action buttons. There is no site search on the app so you have to look around for where things are. There is no facility to quickly grab a screen shot to show crunch the problem (compare with Google maps). There are UI issues with menus appearing off the screen. There is a quarterly spam problem with VAT returns where you can't just tell crunch you pay by direct debit, you get spammed every quarter with being told your payment is late even though it's under the control of HMRC. You cannot (on a Saturday) mark a payment as paid on the Monday because Monday is in the future, even though it's already in the bank account. My "invoice to" list is over 20 long, including companies no longer customers. I need an "archive" list so that I just get recent relevant customers. My "expense payment to" list is also similarly long and has entries no longer relevant. This needs to be tidied up, the longer you are with crunch the worse it gets. There is poor UI standards. Sometimes the action buttons are blue, sometimes white (pay yourself dashboard - two buttons do the same thing but are different colours). There is an utterly irrelevant dashboard that you get by default and have to ask to be turned off, telling you when everybody's birthday is. There is no way to itemise out particular line items in cumulative expenses (e.g. you put in a weekly expense claim some of which includes mileage allowance). this means you can't easily compute your total mileage for the year based on actual claims. All simple basic stuff, yet their recent focus has been a new logo. It's also time the VAT Spam stopped. I pay by direct debit. My payments aren't late. Stop the spam. A binary flag saying "Customer pays by direct debit and does not need to be spammed" would take a few hours to implement and adequately test. thanks"
Would Work With Again no
"The level of service received from crunch is awful. I had a payment issue last year and I am still trying to get the issue resolved. They've never apologised despite the problem being on their side and have put in minimal effort on their side to get things resolved. Worse is that if I want to leave , all my data is stuck with them and I have to keep putting up with prices hikes. I would strongly advise using a product that is more independent (i.e.Xero) and finding an accountant separately."
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, my name's Luke and I'm the Client Experience Coordinator here at Crunch.

I'm sorry to hear that the service you've received has fallen short of expectations, I'll look into this further and we will be in touch as soon as we can.

Leave this with me, again I'm sorry to hear that you're not currently happy with the service right now.
Would Work With Again yes
"I've been with Crunch for many years, while my business has grown about 6x. All the way through I have found their online service just what we need. Yes, it is not a bookkeeper - you enter the information - but that is what we want. It helps us keep our books in order, makes sure we comply with all VAT, Tax, PAYE and Companies House deadlines. And our accounts get audited and sent to We have had good support when we have needed it (e.g. questions about witholding tax in India). I would definitely recommend them - but before you buy check they this is the service that you want. Looking at some of the negative reviews I get the impression people thought they were buying a different service."
Would Work With Again yes
"Very grateful to Crunch for all their hard work in giving me guidance on reconciling and preparing my end of year accounts. My account manager Marc Castiel was attentive, helpful and clearly explained what I needed to do - he really made every effort to ensure everything was in order, helping me to understand processes when I was struggling. His team also worked very hard to get everything filed for me and helping to ensure everything was in order. Im very thankful for their hard work and assistance. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Crunch platform to other contractors as the support and advice has really stood out for me."
Would Work With Again no
"I have mixed reviewed about Crunch. In my first year I had poor service from my account manager and after a mistake was made I was automatically swapped over. I have recently had some great customer service by an accountant Mina Beshara. She was extremely efficient and was able to sort out my accounts and save me a lot of money in one day. I am very grateful for her help as I was lacking faith until her help."
Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback, my name's Luke and I'm the Client Experience Coordinator here at Crunch.

I'm sorry to hear that the service has not been up to the standard you were expecting. Please email me on support@crunch.co.uk to discuss this further as I'd like to ensure that we learn from your experience and are doing everything we can to provide you the best service possible.

Thank you for your kind words about Mina, I will make sure to forward this on.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Would Work With Again no
"Poor customer service and lacked the ability to relate law to personal circumstances. Answers to questions I raised were generally in the form of heavy caveats and what seemed like copy and paste of law rather than how it impacted me. I had to do the leg work to work out how it impacted me. I expected more. I can read the tax law, I want my account to apply it to my circumstances. Additionally their software sometimes gets updated unknowing to you which can cause hours of frustration. For example, the process for uploading bank statements changed, nothing was communicated to me and after several emails asking for help the resolution required me to re-code around 9 months of bank statements."
Would Work With Again no
"shocking and incompetent customer service and leveka if advice."
Hi there,

Really sorry to hear that you've not had the greatest experience - there's not a lot for us to go on based on your review and that it's anonymous so if you could send me a personal email to andrew@crunch.co.uk I can have a look and see how we can help.

Look forward to hearing from you soon,

All the best
Update: As of 28/09/2017 we haven't had any response to our attempt to reach out and contact this reviewer and we're unable to trace any link to them ever being a client of Crunch.
Would Work With Again yes
"I've been a Crunch client for 6 years. Their commitment to quality and a genuine passion for what they do, has made accounting affordable, easy to understand and accessible for small businesses like mine. Simply outstanding!"
Would Work With Again no
"Been using them since 2014 and I sincerely am beyond fed up with their appalling accounting service and customr service. They're so unprofessional and when you desperately need them no one will help and you get bounced around. I've had enough and been too busy to change but will change accounting firm. Please save time and don't use them, pay more for morep rofessional and prompt service where they don't mess up your accounting!"
Would Work With Again yes
"I have been using Crunch for the last 5 years. Their software is incredibly intuitive, their staff extremely helpful and overall they've made running a small business an effortless and stress-free experience. I can't recommend highly enough."
Would Work With Again yes
"I have been with Crunch for almost 4 years and I have always been happy with Crunch's services and staff, but I have to highlight Mina Beshara as he was amazing with the accounts closure when my circumstances changed and I stopped contracting. He helped me a lot through the whole process and also managed to help me and explain me how to maximize gains. I consider his efforts and proactive attitude very positive and I felt the work progressed very well as I would even get daily or hourly updates. Keep up with the good work Crunch and keep up with the good work Mina Beshara! Pedro Soares"
Crunch is rated 4.35 based on 237 reviews