Crunch Reviews

81% of reviewers recommend Crunch

About Crunch: Crunch is a groundbreaking online accountancy firm for freelancers, contractors and small businesses. By combining accredited, award-winning in-house accountants with internally-developed cloud software, Crunch delivers a complete business accountancy service for a flat monthly fee. No costly extras, your own personal account manager, and maximum tax efficiency.

Crunch’s monthly fee of £69.50+VAT includes:

- Unlimited access to your own account manager and a team of accredited accountants
- Access to our simple, real-time online accounting software to help you stay on top of your finances
- Year end filings, Corporation Tax and VAT returns all included in your monthly fee
- Our team will handle the taxman for you with our Registered Office service
- Mobile apps for on-the-go bookkeeping
- RTI-compliant payroll included for two company directors
- A hand-picked range of additional business services

To learn more visit Crunch.co.uk

review@crunch.co.uk

Telecom House, 125-135 Preston Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 6AF

Category:
Accountants

Tell us how Crunch made you happy

"Accounting made easy I find the system very easy to use once you have it explained by the Crunch team, and if you have any questions they are happy to assist. Crunch offers honest accountant service, at an affordable cost which after all is tax deductible so nearly at an expense to you or the business Jacob"
Hi Jacob,

Thank you so much for leaving this review, we're really glad to hear that you're so happy with our service!

All the best,

Jen - Client Experience Manager
"Crunch has been absolutely fantastic and I am very pleased with their service . Special thanks to Sinnan, who always answers every query patiently and provides wonderful support . Thank you very much"
Hi Joe,

This is great to hear, thank you so much for taking the time to provide this review! Really glad to hear you're getting the support you need.

Jen - Client Experience Manager
"Sínann Lambert, she is brilliant. Its been a while since i had spoke with someone with so much charisma, expertise, efficiency and speed! Employees like her make the brand!"
Hi Cristian,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this lovely feedback! We really appreciate it, and have passed this onto Sinann and the team.

Thanks again,

Would Work With Again yes
"Simone really helped me solve a tricky expense / bank reconciliation problem - was very patient, took the time and delivered a great result - good job and thank you!"
Hi Yusuf,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review! We're really glad Simone was able to help you solve your problem, and have passed on this great feedback.

All the best,

Would Work With Again yes
"no idea what is meant by this question, it appears on my screen like this; collection.steps.rating.custom-labels.sentiment.happy don't waste my time with a badly formed survey"
Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, although I'm really sorry to see that the link we sent doesn't appear to work for you. We're looking into this to resolve any issues asap.

In the meantime, if you need any help with your account please don't hesitate to get in touch on support@crunch.co.uk or 0333 311 8001 and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks again, Jen - Client Experience Manager
"Olivia, Sinann and all their colleagues go above and beyond every time I contact them.. Admittedly, the software does need a little thought to make the "flow" of the accounts more logical but when it's backed up by their great customer service it's fantastic.. Very Pleased !"
Hi Darren,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this review, we really appreciate it!

Would Work With Again yes
"My accounts were done in next to no time, and your team were there for me every step of the way. Lucy was excellent and very helpful, she helped to keep things clear and simple."
Hi Sinead,

This is fantastic to hear, thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback! We've passed it on to Lucy and the rest of the team.

Jen - Client Experience Manager
"Sinann did an amazing job since day one. She has helped with any issues/questions I had and always went the extra mile to make sure everything was clear and right."
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us this lovely feedback David! We really appreciate it :)

Jen - Client Experience Manager
"Sinann has been my account manager for 2 years now, and throughout has been professional, helpful and accommodating. As someone with limited knowledge of accounting, I have found Sinann's advice and knowledge to be extremely useful which has helped me no end in staying on top of my accounts. She is always happy to take my calls and answer my unlimited cries for help. I cannot speak highly enough of Sinnan and her colleagues, an absolute pleasure to work with. Thank you Sinnan."
Hi David,

This is fantastic, thank you very much for providing this feedback! Really glad to hear you are getting so much out of our service, and we've passed this on to Sinann.

Thanks again!

Would Work With Again yes
"Olivia and all her colleagues at Crunch are truly amazing, they are all beyond helpful and patient! Whoever picks up the phone is always happy to go above and beyond to help you and talk you through what needs to be done in ''human'' understandable terms! Olivia has saved me the last few days with my end of year accounts, she is an absolute star! I couldn't recommend Crunch more highly, thank you to all the Crunch Team!"
Hi Grace,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this lovely review, we're really proud of Olivia and the team for providing such great service!

Jen - Client Experience Manager
"The company's best asset is the people. In my case it's Sinann, my account manager. She's patient and ALWAYS super, super helpful. Thanks! :)"
Thanks very much for your feedback, we've passed this on to Sinann. It means so much to the team to be recognised for the great service they deliver, so thanks for taking the time!

Jen - Client Experience Manager
"The software works pretty well but the company itsself basically does nothing for you. You do all the expenses and reconcilliation yourself and most of the tax calculation is automated or you have to do it yourself so the accountant only looks at it for the corporation tax return. They never suggest ways you can save tax apart from the most basic standard ways. They never consult you about expected earnings for coming years to put in place any tax saving strategies. They never do what they say they will do unless you hound them. When I finally decided to close my business they told me it would take a couple of months but a year later they still had not done it so then it gave me issues with my tax return. I've had 5 different account handlers in 6 years all of which seem a bit clueless. You pay standard accoutning fees for a computer to do the work for them and the little work an accountant does is done very very slowly or not at all. I'll use an old fashioned accounant next time as I paid a lot less tax than with crunch."
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to review Crunch, I'm very sorry to hear the experience you've had has not been positive. Although I understand that you've closed your business, this is not the way we'd like you to leave Crunch, and we will be reaching out to you today to find out more about your experience and see if there's anything we can do at this stage to help you out.

Would Work With Again yes
"Being appointed your own personal manager who is both friendly, knowledgeable and personable makes a huge difference to someone like myself who likes to be organised."
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this lovely feedback, we really appreciate it!

Jen - Client Experience Manager
"My account manager suddenly left the company shortly after we completed my onboarding and none of the initiatives or specifics of my account were apparently handed over to my new point of contact. The anonymised way in which you must communicate with Crunch through support@crunch.co.uk makes it feel like all your requirements are simply being fed into a very generalised model that caters for the majority of customers, but perhaps doesn't perfectly fit those with slightly different requirements. I'm trying to leave Crunch at the moment and have been waiting for over 3 weeks to receive a meaningful reply to my emailed notice of termination. Their software is also very poor compared to something like FreeAgent. It gets the job done, but feels like something developers cobbled together with very little input from a UX designer."
I'm very sorry your recent experience hasn't been at the standard we would expect. One of our Team Managers is contacting you this afternoon to discuss everything.
Head of Client Services
"I’ve been with Crunch arround three years. My account manager for about a year was great. However, she’s left and no one seems to have taken her place. The accountant who’s spent 6 months helping me deal with an accounting issue has been replaced with someone who although personable doesn’t seem to have a clue and is giving incredibly frustrating incorrect advice. The costumer service is overall really shoddy. The high turnover of staff there means you’re constantly repeating the same thing to accountants with various degrees of competence. Will be moving ASAP."
I'm so sorry your experience isn't what we'd like it to be and we'd love to speak to you about resolving it. If you could email into CX@crunch.co.uk we'll jump on it straight away.
Would Work With Again yes
"The Crunch team are always friendly and willing to help solve or attend to any queries or concerns I have and being a relatively new company owner, I have a few! :)"
Hi Jo, thanks very much for giving us such lovely feedback, we really appreciate it.
"Crunch have unqualified or under-qualified staff who don't care about their clients. About a month ago, I requested that my self assessment be done for me. I supplied all the relevant information (with the exception of 1 income source which I forgot to mention). After 3 weeks (which, by itself, is aweful as I'd expect 1 week, at the latest for a response), I was asked to approve my self assessment, when I remembered about the extra source of income. The accountants and I agreed that the income didn't need to be stated on the self assessment, which is fine. Here's the problem, on my first self assessment, it was stated that I should have a £1.20 tax rebate. On my second self assessment (revised version), I owed £28.80. So, of course, I questioned this, to which the accountants' response was "I apologise for any confusion. Upon review of your self-assessment we noticed that the tax deducted at source amount was slightly higher than stated on your P60. This is what resulted in showing a rebate of £1.20 and now with a tax liability of £28.80." Now, let's assume I hadn't remembered the extra income (which would've been my fault obviously), I would have approved the first self assessment, which is incorrect and that would have been sent to HMRC and I would be committing some sort of tax evasion crime (I'm not a lawyer so don't know what crime it would be but there's no way it would be legal). So, let's assume HMRC found out that the figures were wrong, I would be the one who gets penalised with fines, not Crunch, because the accountants are incapable of completing a self assessment correctly. This shows that the accountants literally don't care. If it was me as the accountant, I would literally bend over backwards to make sure the self assessment is completed with absolute accuracy, because I would be well aware of the penalties and consequences of submitting an incorrect self assessment. This is not the only problem, some others include, but are not limited to: unspecified ad hoc services and up to 2 days wait for a response to emails. The service is absolutely unacceptable and I would not recommend anybody to use Crunch."
Hi Richard, since raising your concerns our Accountancy Managers have been working with you to resolve them. I'm very sorry this experience caused you so much frustration, which is the absolute last thing we would have wanted for you and we are committed to ensuring you have what you need going forward.

Martin.
Head of Client Services
"So far so good, switched over from SJD who were not good at all. Crunch are very responsive and professional."
Thank you for taking time out to review us, we really appreciate your feedback.
Head of Client Services
"Sinann has been extremely helpful and pleasant to talk with! Thanks for resolving all my issues!"
Fantastic feedback, thank you very much and it means so much to our people to be recognised for the service they deliver every day.

Head of Client Services
"Unprofessional unsafe practices crunch couldn’t give a dam. I requested Crunch 6 months ago to close my company to date still not done, what’s worrying they use unqualified people to do your accounts from what appears to be a script. I have lost thousands due to their incompetence. Complaints are ignored, when you try and escalate your fobbed off. Warning stay clear of this company. By far the worst company I have ever dealt with, this company will not be around in a few years won’t be long before BBC watchdog get there teeth into them Mel Grant MAID IS OXFORD LTD."
Hi Mel,

Thank you for your feedback and we're really sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience. This is not what we're used to hearing and we'll do all we can to put things right where we feel that we can.

We'll make sure that a member of the team is in touch as soon as we can and we'll review what has taken place on your account.

We have a thorough complaint process at Crunch and our records show that a Team Manager responded to your original concerns last month but we've not had a response until your review today. We completely disagree with your comments about our staff members and that our practices are unsafe.

We'll be in touch as soon as we can.

Kind regards