Cornerstone Reviews

of reviewers recommend Cornerstone
Read Cornerstone Reviews

help@cornerstone.co.uk

Tell us how Cornerstone made you happy
Ordered razor and blade's cost £14 and the blade's started to go blunt after 3 days waste of money
So sorry to hear this Dave - that doesn't sound like the standard we expect of our razors. If you haven't already, please do get in touch with our team at help@cornerstone.co.uk
I would really like to use the razor to shave my head. It seems to be specifically not recommended. I'm not sure if it's only because the metal handle is slippery when wet or some other reason.
I have bought the subscription for my other half at Christmas and until now I haven’t had a issue. Last month all my extra products where out of stock Next order I didn’t get any razers. After looking at the plan online it said I wasn’t expecting razers. Which is wrong as that is the main bit you get and always comes in it. Several emails later. I was just told to pay £14 to get razers. Even though it was not my fault they didn’t go on the order. Must have been a problem with the staff there. I can’t believe the service. I was not paying more money then I already did for something I should have got in the first place.
Hi there, It’s such a shame to hear that your plan wasn’t set up how you were expecting, apologies again for any confusion or inconvenience caused here. We were recently out of stock of only our balm, due to supply delays related to the pandemic. However, we did keep our members up to date and gained new stock as soon as possible. I can see that our head of customer care resolved this for you this morning via email. Do get back in touch if there is anything else we can do to help :-)
Started off fine , receiving the razors i wanted for the first few deliveries or so but then they did exactly the same as what Harry's razors did by starting to send me inferior blades that were clearly not of the same quality as i'd previously received.
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, Spencer! We're so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your follow up orders. Reports like this are rare and we haven't changed our blades or supplier, so I'm puzzled as to what could have gone wrong. If you'd like us to arrange a replacement set for you, please feel free to get in touch with our care team at help@cornerstone.co.uk
Utterly mis-leading. Brought a product as xmas gift and didnt know was being signed up to subscription service. Credit card now billed and due to receive a load of products i didn’t ask for. Have sent message and had to sign in to cancel future subscription! No response from cornerstone at present. At no point when purchasing this product did it make it clear it was a subscription product.
So sorry to hear this - we do try to make the subscription as clear as possible, which is why we ask how often you'd like to receive supplies during the sign up process. It's also very easy to cancel at any time, and we send a notification email a few days before billing. We'd never want anyone to be charged for supplies they require though, so please accept our apologies for that. Please do get in touch with us again at help@cornerstone.co.uk if there's anything more can do.
Be very careful with these clowns and read the very small print. Even if you believe that you are ordering a one off order, they will raid your bank account for a monthly subscription. More con artists on the net
We do make it clear that we are a subscription service and you can cancel at any time. We also send a pre-warn email 5 days before any order is due to be billed to give time to cancel or amend an order. However, I'm sorry if this was not made clear to you that you enrolled onto a subscription. We are happy to offer a full refund if the box is returned back to us (free of charge). If you have any questions, please do get in touch with the team at help@cornerstone.co.uk :-)
Not impressed with product so not be ordering again
It's a real shame to hear that you've not been impressed with your Cornerstone order Keith, please do get in touch with us directly at - help@cornerstone.co.uk - with any specific feedback that you may have it would be great if there was something we could do to rectify this for you :-)
Another environmental disaster of a company. Loads of plastic, loads of packaging. The initial concept seemed great, but where's the forward looking innovation when it comes to sustainability, recycling etc? What about the planet Lucy?
Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback, Nic, and sorry for the disappointment caused by our packaging and use of plastic. We’ve been working hard to be as environmentally friendly as possible. All of our packaging is recyclable, and we’ve taken steps to reduce our environmental impact within our product ranges too; such as using vegan products and sustainable materials wherever possible. Unfortunately, though, we haven’t been able to find a facility to recycle our blades within the UK or a way to recycle them that didn't add to the problem (such as shipping them to an overseas facility).  If you happen to know of any leads on that front, do get in touch, as it’s something we are on the lookout for. We would also love for our cosmetic packaging to eventually be biodegradable, which is something we are currently looking into and hope to have developments on in the future. Thanks again for your review, and please don’t hesitate to get in touch if we can be of any help.
Took as bit of searching but I wanted to just pass on some info I have found with your razor I do not find it easy to use as when it is wet it is difficult to hold as it is sliding all over the place not able to get a Good grip on it sorry but it is the worst razor I have used. The pack was a Christmas gift I will not be buying and have told my daughter not to buy me any more.
Oh no! That's a shame to hear - our new razor was designed with an improved grip in mind. We've had a little bit of similar feedback, which we'll keep an eye on, but we're not planning on changing the razor at the moment. We do recommend keeping your handle dry, if possible. I am sorry for the disappointment and thank you for your feedback.
The shave is truly rubbish and I cannot get a close shave, like I can with Harry's or Boldking. I also find it almost impossible to hold on to the razor because of the shiny chrome surface. It is a very poor product. If you stuck a blade on a bar of soap it might be worse. The blades block easily because they are so close together, but the grooming blade doesn't really work. You can make something as shiny as you like, but that distracts from the quality of the product. A good razor shaves well. This is rubbish if you have a remotely heavy growth
Such a shame that you didn't get on well with the Cornerstone shave, David. Our blades are angled differently, when compared to that of competitors, so it does take some getting used to. We have over 170,000 members that are loving the Cornerstone experience; I'm sorry that it hasn't been the same for you. I hope you find a razor that works best for you :-)
Not very smooth shave, razor to light.expensive
Hi There, That doesn't sound right. Please get in touch with our Customer Care team - help@cornerstone.co.uk with your feedback and they will be happy to help out.
Very poor service, failed to deliver order as paid for and schedule.Now told up to 10 days for a refund.Very poor,can not recommend
Oh no, it is a shame to hear you would not be recommending us Matthew. We have been experiencing a backlog of orders from the festive period so I do apologise for the delay. Unfortunately, we have no control over the time it takes to process refunds as this is all dependent on your bank but members do report receiving it within a few days so do keep your eyes peeled and hopefully it will be with you soon.
Pesky Ads littering my websites i visit even many months later. Impossible to rid of.
Hi Graham, We've answered your review with a little more detail in your previous review. Hopefully, these tips will prevent you from seeing more ads. :-)
plastered Ads all over my webpages that are proving impossible to remove. Wish i'd never have even looked at cornerstone website.
Oh gosh, sorry to hear this Graham! this probably happened as you showed interest in us in the past and searched for us on Google. Unfortunately we don't have control over the ads ourselves, but if you clear your cache and cookies, this should hopefully remove the record of your initial interest, and our adverts too :-)
Not received
Oh no! I am sorry to hear this Ian. Our members should always receive their goodies. Please drop us an email at help@cornerstone.co.uk and one of the support team will investigate this for you.
Can’t log in or subscribe and want to- help! 😮
I'm sorry to hear you are having some trouble with the site Lorraine, if you pop an email across to help@cornerstone.co.uk they will be able to help you :-)
WARNING: Never subscribe to a company that you can't find a customer support phone number anywhere for WARNING: Never subscribe to a company that you can't find a customer support phone number anywhere for. You should be concerned about a company that keeps its customers at a distance…no phone number anywhere tells you it's all about Cornerstone and not the customer. Their customer service is appauling and speaks volumes about the management and its employees. Even more concerning is you can't cancel your subscription with Cornerstone...only suspend your account with you credit card details remaining on Cornerstones servers... just waiting for the likes of Russian or Korean hackers to steal. As a “start up" ask yourself, do you think Cornerstone have their act together when it comes to internet security...bigger, better and more established companies/corporations after all have been hacked recently. The size of the box they use to deliver a small set of blades "to your door" is absurd...if you have an average size letterbox and enjoy the inconvenience of going to the post office when you're meant to be at work, with the usual forms of ID to pick up deliveries that won't fit through the letterbox then Cornerstone is for you. Go for it. My initial experience with Cornerstone had them blatantly mislead on several occasions to me about the size of the box not fitting through the letter box...this I as assured was going to change very soon and new packaging was about to be deployed. After 7 months nothing has changed with their packaging not fitting normal sized British letter boxes. In my experience, the Cornerstone shave is really poor quality compared to competitors…nicks and cuts my skin more than other blades I've used, leaving it dry and the blades blunt faster than any others I’ve used. There is no way to successfully get in “tight places” either but this is certainly not the overriding reason I’m not using Cornerstone anymore. If Cornerstone had been responsive and valued me as a customer I’d have possibly tolerated the less then optimal shave for the shear convenience. Its a hassle to cancel. They also aren't the cheapest...check out Harry's. The main reason I’m canceling is because of Cornerstones total lack of customer care and what I perceive as subscribing to a bit of a scam if you can't actually unsubscribe. They certainly don't make their customers feel valued. I’ve used DSC in the States for over a year and they are awesome. Even expensive Gillette is worth the extra cost as their shave is undeniably good and I can buy on line or in a physical store. The cost is irrelevant if you look clean shaved and the blades don't harm your skin, right! I’m currently using Harrys which seems okay and possibly better than DSC (too early to say for sure). And I can also buy Harrys in the Target department store in the USA without the need for shopping online if I choose. Harry's and DSC also know how to pack a small box of blades in a suitable size envelope. So, the total lack of responsiveness, the lack of a phone number to call, failure to answer customer email enquiries and offer any assistance, mislead customers by telling them the packaging was about to change (when it clearly wasn't) and not letting subscribers cancel subscriptions (only suspend) so Cornerstone can presumably mislead investors about the number of subscribers speaks volumes to me about the type of unethical company Cornerstone really are. Not a company I'm comfortable with.
It’s such a shame to hear how disappointed you’ve been concerning your experience with us - we’d never want a member to be left feeling like that. We recently won the People’s Champion award at the Startups Awards - we take needs of our members very seriously, and always want to hear how we can improve. It’s true, we don’t have a phone line at the moment, but have found our members have been happy with a speedy email instead - the team generally reply within a working day. Sometimes during popular periods, it can take an extra couple of days to respond - I’m sorry if that caused you any inconvenience. It’s so disappointing to hear you had difficulties receiving our deliveries. Our boxes were designed to fit through 90% of UK letterboxes, but we always keep a close eye on that - we know successful deliveries are really important for our members’ convenience and the service we offer. We log all reports of failed deliveries and have found 95% of our orders are delivered successfully first time. It must have been so frustrating that your order wasn’t one of those, and hopefully in the future, even more orders will arrive first time. With this in mind, In the last year, we have brought out two new smaller and slimmer versions of our packaging, to carry different combinations of goodies. We are also working on some extra small packaging for our blade-only orders, which we’re looking forward to releasing in the new year. We would never intend to mislead anyone about these developments, but do like to be open about what we’re working on - I’m sorry if that led to any confusion. It’s also disheartening to hear that you didn’t enjoy the shave - we generally have great feedback about our products - our blades have over 4 stars out of 5 rating, and 80% of our members who sign up are still with us a year later. Hope any nicks or cuts have cleared up quickly, and we’re really glad to hear you’ve found something that works for you instead of us. If you haven’t been in touch with the care team to arrange a no quibble refund for your first order, then please do, at help@cornerstone.co.uk. They will also be able to help you cancel your account, if you haven’t done so already. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been left with any concerns for your privacy or security - we use a payment provider called Stripe to hold and process our members’ payment details. Stripe have the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry, making use of best-in-class security tools and practices to maintain a high level of security. Hope this has managed to clear up any concerns you might have, and I’m sorry that we weren’t able to provide you with the service you were hoping for.
The friend referral system is a con; avoid. I referred a friend but wasn't credited.
That's really unusual to hear Michael, the credit is automatically applied to your account when your friend signs up using your unique referral link. If you pop an email across to help@cornerstone.co.uk they will have a look into that for you.
I placed my order almost a month ago and it still hasn't arrived. I contacted Cornerstone 2 weeks ago and they assured me that I would have it within the week - No surprise that it still hasn't arrived. Extremely poor experience and I have now requested a refund.
Hi Daniel, I'm so sorry that your order hasn't arrived yet - that really isn't the smooth service we strive to deliver for our members. We thought we'd fixed the problem with your order when we emailed you, and Royal Mail should've then released your order to you - but it seems that it's now got stuck in the postal system again. We decided to wait as, at the time, it would've been much quicker for the order to reach you from the middle of the postal system, rather than starting again at the beginning - but now it seems that's not the case. So sorry to have kept you waiting. If you'd like to drop help@cornerstone a quick email, the care team will be able to get your order sent out to you again as quick as possible. Apologies again for the frustration and disappointment. I hope you have a lovely weekend.
The product is good, the delivery excellent! But I suspect a “ CON” I twice requested suspension on products fir which I was billed ? I’m still waiting fir a refund. Compounding above is the fact that my son whose account I pay for, and is in London.same thing , asked fir postponement to which nothing happens , you’ve guessed it, they charged my card again. STILL WAITIBG BOTH REFUNDs. Don’t trust this company!!!!
Hi Andrew, I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve had problems canceling your account. If you drop the care team a line at help@cornerstone.co.uk, they'll do all they can to sort this out for you. I’m sure they’ll want to look into what might have happened too. To speed things up, feel free to include your postcode in the email.
Cornerstone is rated 4.64 based on 3,975 reviews