Cornerstone Reviews

450 Reviews
Ad You May Also Consider ? Adverts from our client network

help@cornerstone.co.uk

How would you rate Cornerstone?

Kevin
Unverified Reviewer

Smoothest wet shave I have had by some distance. Customer service spot on too.
James
Unverified Reviewer

Dont believe the hype, utterly useless, the worst razor Ive ever used, NOT WORTH THE MONEY.
Mike
Unverified Reviewer

Having recently received my first box I was impressed with the presentation of the products. Unfortunately, for me at least, the performance doesn't match the presentation. It has left my face with a few large rashes, something I haven't suffered with previously, and hasn't even provided a very close shave. Needless to say I have now cancelled my subscription and will seek out an alternative
Gary Harvey
Unverified Reviewer

Excellent product and excellent value. Customer service from Lucy was brilliant.
Glad to hear it Gary - we'll keep up the good work for you :-)
Unverified Reviewer

Pure marketing Hype, nothing at all yo sign up too
Lesley Kings
Unverified Reviewer

Signed my husband up for cornerstone a month ago... He loves it. He has sensitive skin so I ordered him the complete works and it is doing a grand job so far. Very soft skin and no rashes or dry patches. Great idea having a rolling delivery. Very happy with the service.
Thank you so much Lesley, we're so glad that you are your husband are enjoying what we do!
Steve Mcdonagh
Unverified Reviewer

I have used cornerstone for about 2 years now what a brilliant product. I have found that if you clean & dry after using each time one razor will last about 4 weeks shaving 3 to 4 times a week & shave after shower or bath.
That's really great to hear Steve, we're so happy to have on board as a loyal customer :-)
Unverified Reviewer

Into my second week of using the Cornerstone razor, having previously used a Gillette Fusion.
The razor itself has a nice weight, but in a similar manner to the Gillette product have to (in effect) shave twice (the second time against the grain) in order to achieve a face as smooth as a baby's behind.
Having shaved in a location where the water was soft and in a building with a water softener fitted, I found it near impossible to hold the Cornerstone razor's handle with wet and slightly slippery hands. In those circumstances had to resort to the Gillette Fusion which has serrations and a rubberised type grip to complete the shave. So is it a case of style over substance? I also found that shaving the area under the nose was more difficult with the Cornerstone (Perhaps it will become easier with more practice). I'm not convinced that I received any benefit from using the pre-shave scrub, but the shave gel and after shave balm are OK.I will persist and continue with my Cornerstone, but the jury is out as to whether I will continue or try an alternative competitors product once I have used all of my Cornerstone blades.
As a matter of interest has anyone tried the Bearded Colonel razor......their blades look pretty much identical to those supplied by Cornerstone when viewed on the web.....makes me wonder if the manufacturer supplies both companies.

Brian K
I'm so sorry to hear that you are not fully satisfied with the Cornerstone shave Brian. We would definitely recommend rinsing and if possible drying hands before handling the razor - our gel is meant to lubricate the skin so will definitely make the handle more slippery. You will be pleased to know the we have just released our new razor and the handle is slightly more contoured, so hopefully this will reduce this issue for you. The new blades do also feature a trimmer blade at the back for those tricky bits.
Rodney
Unverified Reviewer

The razor is difficult to hold when even slightly wet, style over practicality. The blades go off quickly and clog up. Could do with a single blade for shaving under nose. I also ended up with a sore red spotty neck. Not for me I'm afraid.
Stephanie
Unverified Reviewer

Fast delivery. Product is really amazing
Glad to hear your are enjoying it Stephanie!
Dean
Unverified Reviewer

used my cornerstone razor today I am amazed at how smooth it leaves your skin
such amazing product
Great stuff, Dean! I'm so glad you like the razor and the shave and thanks so much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review :-)
Thanks for your kind words Dean, we're glad to have you on board :-)
Paul
Unverified Reviewer

Wow. First shave with my new Cornerstone shaving kit.
This is the best shave i have ever had. 5 stars plus.
Thanks so much for the kind words, Paul! It's so great that you're pleased with the shave. We're really chuffed to hear it :-)
That's so great to hear Paul, really glad that you enjoyed it!
Ian T
Unverified Reviewer

Having read the marketing material and got to the point where actual costs are mentioned £14.00 for six blades that are replaced after twelve weeks suggests that one would expect to get just two shaves per blade which - to me at least - seems quite expensive compared to what else is on the market so, as a Dragon might say, I'm out!!
Hi Ian, I'm very sorry about that. When signing up you can select a delivery cycle of up to 18 weeks, so if you only shave once a week you shouldn't need to change your blade so often. Many of our members find that our blades last longer than advertised - we offer members the ability to pause their account or skip a box if they're finding that they don't need to purchase any new blades by the time their next delivery rolls around. If you have any questions just get in touch with help@cornerstone.co.uk.
DJ
Unverified Reviewer

The advertising and marketing team around this company's product are excellent but unfortunately for me the reality of the shaving experience failed to live up to the 'hype'.

The gel takes some getting used to and in order to work up any sort of useable lather you need to use loads! Otherwise you are attempting to shave using invisible gel which inevitably leads you to miss areas.

I found the quality of the blades questionable too - after less than the recommended week I was forced to change blades as the blade was ripping rather than gliding.

Excellent marketing but this product just doesn't do it for me.
Very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the shave DJ - please do get in touch with our customer care team, they'd like to help any way they can. You can email them at help@cornerstone.co.uk.
John Wright
Unverified Reviewer

Received wrong order which was dealt with swiftly and efficiently, absolutely no quibbles, customer service excellent.
I'm glad we managed to turn things around for you - we're so glad to have you on board!
Verified Reviewer

Ordered over a week ago. After not getting my order I sent an email asking why the delay. Eventually, I got a response which informed me that they were having issues with the engravers so my order was delayed. When I asked for a razor without the engraving I was told I would have to cancel my order. Shame really because my friends all gave me the thumbs up and assured me Cornerstone was quality. Still waiting for either a refund or my razors!
Sorry to hear that Hasan, we were experiencing some delays due to unforseen and unavoidable circumstances. We would never make anyone cancel, we may have presented this as an option however it is always down to you. If you are still waiting please do pop an email across to help@cornerstone.co.uk
Verified Reviewer

As someone who doesn't need to shave everyday, Cornerstone blades are almost perfect for my needs. I have used Gillette, BIC and Wilkinson Sword over the years and each one of them have left me with cuts on occasion. Having used Cornerstone since July 16 - I have not had one occasion where I have cut myself. It also leaves a closer shave than that of my Phillips Electric Razor.

The only slight down point for me is that the blades can become clogged if I leave it too long between shaves - but this is most likely down to the length of time I leave between shaves as opposed to a design flaw.
Thanks for your amazing review - so glad you are enjoying the shave. We would recommend rinsing the blade with hot water in between strokes to prevent clogging. We are also working on a new razor which will have better blade spacing to prevent this issue :-)
Verified Reviewer

I found that the blades are too close together and have a tendency to clog up. Like others I found that they do not retain their edge for long. Branding is excellent but that's where it ends. It's all about slick marketing and creating a perception of excellence in the users mind. The fact is, that these are no better than high street bought blades. The assortment of creams are not very good either. The gel is odd and the post shave balm smells like a mint choc chip ice cream. Sorry.
Sorry that our goodies weren't for you - we are currently developing a new razor which will feature better blade spacing, more flexible head and a trimmer blade at the back for an even smoother shave.
Bryan
Unverified Reviewer

These razors are far superior to the Gillette ones, I've used many different types of razors and basically tried every shaving technique known to man with same results shaving bumps and a red face.The first time I used this I felt the defence there was no drag and pull and most importantly my skin looked and felt great after couple weeks use my razor bumps have all but cleared up,I've not used the shave gel yet but will soon and write a review.thanks corner stone I no longer hate shaving
Wow what a great review Bryan, thank you! We're so glad that you are such a fan of the shave :-)
Rony
Verified Reviewer

I am still struggling to understand what problem bee solved by your blades,I used today first time and all my right side neck is bleeding with clear visible spots, and i never had this problem with wilkinson swords since last 10 years,I really regret to buy and waste my money, Good reviews are questionable.
Delivery was late as well,
Oh no! I'm really sorry to hear that Rony - I hope that any cuts are healing well. If you pop an email across the help@cornerstone.co,uk they will be able to process a refund for you.
Cornerstone is rated 4.31 based on 450 reviews