The China Village Reviews

of reviewers recommend The China Village
Read The China Village Reviews

About The China Village:

The China Village is a personal china replacement service helping people to complete their treasured discontinued dinner services. We stock Royal Doulton, Wedgwood, Denby, Paragon, Royal Albert and various other popular manufacturers' discontinued china patterns.

Let us help you to complete your set today.

01926 930324

info@thechinavillage.co.uk

Tell us how The China Village made you happy
Although the cup pattern on the Royal Tuscan Charade matches my tea set the thicknesses of the two replacement cups are different to each other and both thicker than my originals, so a bit disappointing.
Although the tea cup I ordered wasn't damaged it was immediately clear that it was actually a second and looks quite different from my others.
I thought there was only one colour to my crockery set so was a bit surprised that the ones delivered were of a sandy colour rather than the grey ones I expected. Oh, well, it keeps the numbers up!
Hi, thank you for your reply. Poole produced two patterns that were very similar, varying only in colour, Broadstone which is a cream/yellow colour and Lakestone which is a Grey/White colour. I suspect you have Lakestone rather than Broadstane hence the difference in colouring. If you would like to return the items for a refund, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
Be careful. I bought 2 cups from them that were advertised as good quality. When they arrived I noticed a yellow sticker on them. Both had chips in them where the stickers were.
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your order. We do not intentionally sell anything with chips and grade our china carefully once before we list it for sale and again before dispatching the order. As you purchased items in 'good' condition rather than 'excellent' they may have manufacturing blemishes which is reflected in their reduced price. If you would like to discuss returning your order for a full refund please contact us.
I paid for a signature on delivery the parcel was left, out of sight, without one. The goods were as described and well packed on time.
Hi, thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear the courier did not obtain a signature for your order and instead left the parcel in a safe place. We will be feeding this back to the courier to understand why this happened and we will refund the extra that you paid for the signature on your order.
The package was well protected and arrived within the time stated. The item appeared darker brown in the photo, which matched my set but it arrived as a lighter shade so not a great match but is the same make and design in all other ways.
I'm sorry to say that I am disappointed with my purchase. I bought from you instead of another site because the description gave it 'excellent' but it has a mark on the spout which will be mistaken for something being on the jug spout, so I was going to ring you and ask if I could return it. It matches my dinner service but I won't put it on the table, so the only thing that I would use it for is storage in the fridge!
Dear Marjorie, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear of your disappointment with your order. We have contacted you directly in order to resolve this for you.
Hi, thank you for taking time to leave a review. Further to our conversations, I can now confirm a full refund has been issued. Please accept our apologies for the poor experience you had with us on this occasion.
Package not delivered to the correct address, so wouldn't have got it today if I hadn't seen the delivery man and gone to check what he had delivered!
Should have been delivered to me at Shillingbury, Donnington Farm, Ledbury HR8 2HX -- you left out Shillingbury from the address.
Hi, thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear the courier attempted to deliver to the wrong house. We have checked and can confirm the address we dispatched to was correct and did include the full address you have stated and so can only assume this was mistake on the part of the courier going to the wrong property. Please accept our apologies for this and we are glad that you are in safe receipt of your order.
Products arrived without breakage and promptly. Very efficient and well pack.
The only negative would be the quality of the products. I understand Denby wares are hand made and hand painted but I have a few of my pieces that arrived are seconds. i.e. one of the bowls suppose to be round is actually oval in shape.
If it is seconds, then it should mentioned in advertising that it is seconds and I would understand. I was a bit disappointed that the said bowl cannot be use when I lay the table. It is so obviously wrong.
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear you are disappointed with a few of the items you received. As you have stated, as some Denby ranges are handmade and hand painted there are variations between pieces and we do our best to ensure the pieces we send out are as close a match as possible. We have contacted you directly regarding a gesture of goodwill on your order and hope that this goes some way to offsetting your disappointment on this occasion.
positive
good service
items as described and well packed

negative
on original order page was a box for alternate address if no one at home
I supplied 5 other house numbers all within 30 metres of my house
I opened my back door to find a soggy wet cardboard box left there, for how long I wouldnt know
apart from that I would use this site again
The mugs (wild apple) you sent me were describedas "perfect". Actually two of them were not perfect. One had a tiny chip at the bottom rim, and one had a small, but very notable chip at the bottom rim. The third one was perfect indeed.. The chips must have been there before you wrapped the mugs. The way of packing was fabulous. No damage could occur. To my opinion tableware described as perfect should be impeccable..
We are very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your recent order. We will contact you privately to discuss this further.
The parcel which was dispatched on the 28 December did not arrive until 5 January. The delivery company operative delivered it to the wrong address and fortuitously of occupier of the premises know me and brought it to my home.

The item was just what we ordered and in good condition on arrival. The delivery company let you down.
Thank you for the Royal Albert Moss Rose teacup which arrived last week to replace my cracked one. Hopefully, if I am more careful, it will be a long time before I have to order yet another one...!
Professional dealings, and great packaging, delivered on time.
No complaints whatsoever !!
Although the goods arrived intact they were delivered to the wrong address despite my confirmation showing where it was supposed to get to.s
Please accept our sincerest of apologies for this error. On this occasion, as the parcel was above a certain size, we used Parcel Force to deliver the order opposed to our normal courier and as such, the address was entered manually and this is where the mistake was made. We have introduced a new process to ensure this doesn't happen again and thank you for raising this to our attention.
Prompt delivery
Item was well wrapped and package. Only grip is that the item is a second (small silver mark by factory stamp) and this was not made clear on the website. Other than that the servoce was good.
Dear Graham, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you are disappointed to find your Coffee Saucer to be a second. We do allow seconds into our 'Excellent' category if we feel the overall condition of the item is in keeping with our description for an 'Excellent' item. We will look to improve our site to make this clearer and thank you for pointing this out to us. Best wishes, Matt & Matt
Unfortunately, although the cups arrived in good condition and of the right pattern, the 'shape' of the cups does not match my original teacups, which I bought in 1980! I don't know if the 1980 'shape' is still available, but, if it is, I would very happily buy another 3 cups!
We are sorry to hear the shape of the cups ordered do not match your existing set. Colclough produced a number of different shapes of teacups in this pattern, some vary on cup shape, others handle and rim shape. You are welcome to return your order for a full refund, just email us at info@thechinavillage.co.uk and we will help you with the return. Also if you can send us a picture of the cups you are looking for we can actively begin sourcing these for you.
Hi

I was very pleased with the selection of the design I wished to purchase as I know it is discontinued and the ordering system was very easy. The delivery was quick however I was very diapointed with the way the items were delivered and packed. The two China cups were just protected by newspaper and put in a box which when delivered had a big hole smashed through it despite having 'fragile' tape wrapped around it. It think it was more by luck than judgement that the cups were not broke whilst in the postal system.
Please accept our apologies for the damage to the box in transit, this is something we will be talking to our couriers about. The reason we use newspaper for our packaging is that we find it to be the most effective material for safely delivering fragile items, it is also environmentally friendly as all of our packaging materials are recycled. We are glad to hear the items arrived safely and hope you are happy with your items despite the disappointment with the damaged box.
We were very pleased to be able to replace a broken cup from our 50 year old tea set. A perfect match. Very well packed.
The China Village is rated 4.89 based on 1,934 reviews