The China Village Reviews

of reviewers recommend The China Village
Read The China Village Reviews

About The China Village:

The China Village is a personal china replacement service helping people to complete their treasured discontinued dinner services. We stock Royal Doulton, Wedgwood, Denby, Paragon, Royal Albert and various other popular manufacturers' discontinued china patterns.

Let us help you to complete your set today.

01926 930324

info@thechinavillage.co.uk

Tell us how The China Village made you happy
I was very disappointed that the tiny chip on the side of the teapot wasn't mentioned . For such a fine piece of china the touch up is quite roughly done. I will equally mention a little bit of guilding on the lid has worn away, but that on its own is acceptable.
Hi, we are very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your order and have emailed you to discuss this and how we can correct the situation for you.
Description of quality was misleading. Good condition should not be applied to items which have gold leaf mostly missing, I wouu UK of classify what I recurved as poor quality so kit worth the money I paid
Hi, thank you for your review and we are very sorry to learn of your disappointment with your order. If you would like to contact us regarding returning the items for a full refund please email us directly at info@thechinavillage.co.uk
Came quickly and well packed BUT The plate I ordered seemed to be a second which i don't recall it being highlighted in the sale info
The colour green was different on the Recency pattern masons ironstone and looked like a blobby darker over paint by someone clumsy
2nd time China has come back in disappointing quality so so t be using this service again unless desperate
Hi, thank you for your review and we are very sorry to learn of your disappointment with your order. Colours can often vary on older hand-painted patterns and this may explain the difference in the colouring between your set and the plate you have ordered. If you would like to contact us regarding returning the item for a full refund please email us directly at info@thechinavillage.co.uk
I cannot send a review as I have not yet received my order. Have you a tracking number for this shipment order number 4921. As it is, I can only give you a poor rating however if and when I receive my order I am sure I can improve on that.
Thank you.
Ian Atkins
I ordered 8 dinner plates in Potters Wheel and although it said condition was excellent I have to disagree at least 5 of them were obviously seconds not something I would have bought however the delivery service was very good but it would have been helpful if you had sent me an email telling me when to expect delivery
The experience wouldn't stop me buying from you again but I would be more aware the next time and phone to check on the condition and if the deseign matched on all the plates . Overall disappointed .
Dear Nina,

We are very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your order. We do allow seconds to be graded in our excellent grade if we feel the reason for the plate being a second is minor, however, on this occasion, we may have overlooked something that should have graded them into our good grade and for this we apologise.

As with the matching of the design, we always try to match the hand painted patterns that naturally have variations as best as we can, however, as these were the last plates we had in stock we were unable to do this. As you have already mentioned, in future you can always call to discuss any particular pieces.

If you would like to discuss this further, arrange a return or to discuss a refund, please contact us directly and we'd be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Matt
I feel that this was a lot to pay for a bowl that appears to be a second marks on the side of bowl that can't come off and pit marks in the bottom when I hold it up to the light,also there was a yellow sticker on the side not sure if this indicates it's a second.
Regards Lesley Robinson.
Dear Lesley,
We are sorry to hear of your disappointment. The bowl you ordered was in our second grade of 'good' (indicated by the yellow sticker) and this will have been due to the marks you have referenced. Regarding our prices, we offer a price match guarantee to ensure out customers receive the best possible value and are sorry to hear you feel it was a lot to pay for the replacement bowl. If you would like to discus this further please don't hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to help.
Our China is over 50 years old -- it was a pleasant surprise to find a company able to replace broken items, long out of production . Prompt, efficient service delivering product in good condition.
Perfect dish, just what I was looking for - Was prompted when the item was in stock.
The China Village is rated 4.89 based on 1,953 reviews