cheapfabrics.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend cheapfabrics.co.uk
Read cheapfabrics.co.uk Reviews

About cheapfabrics.co.uk:

Based in Berkshire we are a family run business and take pride in having over 40 years of experience in the textile industry. We have fast established ourselves as a reputable and reliable company becoming a renowned fabric shop name on the net. Here at Cheapfabrics we pride ourselves on delivering the best fashion prints and trends for our customers by offering a tremendous range of fresh, vibrant beautiful fabrics across the spectrum from basic lining to top end silks. You can buy a range of upholstery, dress fabrics, silk, fur, fleece, calico, muslin, PVC, corduroy, gingham, Chinese fabrics and much more of the latest plain and printed fabrics at the best prices.

info@cheapfabrics.co.uk

Linda L
cheapfabrics.co.uk 5 star review on 4th May 2021
Linda L
Jayne F
Was good fabric but the colour was a little off, the sage was very very light
The fabric came extremely quickly and this was one of the only sites I could find offering such a fast service.
It would be immensely helpful to be given an idea on the website, before one orders, of the weight of the fabric. I found all my samples tremendously flimsy, and unsuitable for an unlined jacket, which is the project I have in mind.
The fabric is good but you need to clearer about delivery because I paid £9.99 for next day only to learn it’s next day shipping.
Good price fabrics, can't go wrong. Just be sure to order samples to check the colour as pictures don't always match the fabric.
I brought some material from here at the beginning of November 2020. There was a mix up with the order and i was sent the wrong material. They were very apologetic and asked if i could send it back and they would refund me the postage. In the mean time they would send the correct order which I duelly received. All very nice, very simple and pleasant. Unfortunately though I am still awaiting my postage refund of £3.70 and it is now January 2021.
probably my mistake but clearer indication of the sizes would be better
The service was very quick and the fabric came packed In seperate bags which was nice. The only problem was that the red velveteen has a hole in it
Fabric quality was reasonable for the price but unfortunately the colour wasn't as nice as the photo. Wish I'd got a swatch first. My fault really.
The photos aren’t a clear indication of what the colour in real life looks like. I’m disappointed with my service.
Most of what I've ordered is great but had an issue with a fabric that doesn't look like what they advertise, not even close to it, it wasn't a cheap one and contacted them to ask to send it back as I can't do anything with something like that. They've never answered! So customer service is bloody awful, they just want to take the money and that's all.
3 stars as the order was delivered quickly, but there was a large tear in the last 75cm of the fabric which rendered it unusable.
Good value for your money and quick delivery. Not sure how the points system works.
It fulfils it's role in the market. The fabric often arrives somewhat dirty, or a little thready (threads hanging out all over the place) but that's likely just the hazards of cutting fabric in a warehouse.
Easy to order but products arrived later than promised. I expect that was due to the current Covid climate but I paid for next day delivery as it was an option. Perhaps "next day " should be removed as an option for the moment. The muslin I bought was listed as perfect for draping but is sadly not suitable at all. It is far too fine for use in dressmaking and designing on the tailors dummy. It does not tear cleanly so you cannot create on grain pieces to create on the model. Maybe not clear what "draping" meant on the website! The Silk Organza I also ordered was lovely - I only wanted a metre but in the end having paid for the extra postage and useless muslin it worked out very expensive overall.
Not much options but they good with delivers
Not received item yet so cant comment on item itself. Received courtesy call from Cheapfabrics today who said items were sent out the day after they received order, however due to Covid-19, the postal service is delayed. Have purchased fabrics from this company before without a problem so just waiting on postal service.
The fabric itself was of good quality shame about the colours!
The colour of the material was not as it appeared online. It was very dull and not bright yellow as the picture and the name Sunflower suggested. The material was good and suitable for the job. With hind sight and less stressful times a swatch would have been sensible. However the material took 12 days to arrive and waiting for another delivery would have been frustrating. I would like to say that Nicky has been very helpful.
The website is clear to navigate and the order was processed and delivered quickly. I would, however, wish to see washing instructions and more about ‘technical’ parameters on the particular fabrics. I ordered animal print and plain jersey, the animal print is gorgeous and high quality however the plain jersey is very shiny, slippery, sheer and super stretchy, I can’t make anything with that apart from sewing prototypes, which I need to do anyway but that’s not what I bought the fabric for. Muslin that I bought isn’t too suitable for draping either like you’d assume because it’s too thin and loosely weaved, there’s absolutely no chance you’d be able to drape anything constructed with that like a jacket or a shirt, this doesn’t really translate from the price as I bought much better muslin for less. Overall I would buy from them again however I would suggest ordering a swatch first before you commit to metres.
cheapfabrics.co.uk is rated 4.87 based on 2,155 reviews