CharityJob Reviews

Read CharityJob Reviews

info@charityjob.co.uk

Hanover House
76 Coombe Road

Tell us how CharityJob made you happy
No applicants to begin with. With hindsight probably not a good place to advertise a local part-time role
Easy to use, a reasonable price and received 26 applications. Unfortunately about half the applicants had completely ignored all the information about the job that had been provided and applied despite having no relevant experience or being based in some cases thousands of miles away.. That's not the fault of Charity Job just a drawback of web advertising.
We received 15 applications of which only 2 were remotely suitable - others received seemed pretty random. Also it is a disadvantage for people applying through this website for us not to be able to upload a more detailed brief of the job, which we were able to do via other advertising sites.
In addition we have received two applications today which is 4 days after the deadline.
Hi Caroline, and thank you for taking the time to leave CharityJob feedback.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive the quality of applications you were hoping for so I have asked your CharityJob Account Manager (Chris McQueen) to contact you regarding this.

When listing a vacancy on our website you can upload up to 10 attachments including a detailed job description and person specification, so maybe you overlooked this at the point of posting?

Applications cannot be submitted via our website once an ad has expired. After checking your ad I can confirm that it expired on the 28th of February and that you did not receive any applications via us after this date.
The process of placing the advert was generally straightforward, but I did have a problem with entering a location. It is suggested to add up to four geographical areas to widen the search options. However, whilst North Yorkshire, Yorkshire and the Humber and East Riding/Yorkshire were in your drop down box (our area of coverage) it simply says that the field is too large. This meant I could only include a search for York, which isn't correct for our service delivery area and where applicants might come from/be interested. I rang up our sales contact, but she wasn't able to help ... she asked how far York (the city) was from North Yorkshire (the county), so a bit of training on counties and cities might be useful!
Good morning Alison, and thank you for taking the time to email us with your feedback. CharityJob strives to give our clients great customer service, so I'm sorry to hear that you may feel that you did not receive this. With this in mind, I have asked your CharityJob Account Manager to contact you regarding this.
Doesn't really produce the results to warrant the high costs.
Good morning Dan, and thank you for taking the time to email us with your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your ad did not yield the results you had hoped for, so with this in mind, I have asked your CharityJob Account Manager to contact you today to discuss this.
It isn't really possible to know if the poor response was to the role, the way it was worded or the popularity of Charity Job meaning it got lost.
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, Shelagh. We are very sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience using CharityJob, so I have asked your CharityJob Account Manager to contact you regarding this.
Unfortunately we did not secure the right person for the job.
Hi Christine,
I'm very sorry to hear that you did not manage to recruit through CharityJob, so I have asked your account manager to contact you regarding this.
Disappointed in the number of responses to the advert which for a small charity was not cheap and felt that the only other options meant spending more money but with no grantees of increasing the number of applicants
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, Robert. We are very disappointed to hear of your CharityJob experience in filling your vacancy, so I have asked your CharityJob Account Manager to contact you regarding this.
Not many applicants
Thanks for your feedback, Clare. I have spoken to your CharityJob account manager regarding your feedback and I have been informed that a voicemail message was left for you during the run of the ad to suggest some changes to ensure the maximum number of applications. I believe your account manager has now spoken to your colleague regarding this matter.
I find Charityjobs straightforward to use
We had a good number of responses but there seemed to be some misunderstand of the application process with CV's being sent in plus a e-letter which was not what I was looking for. Anyhow, a small matter really.
Thank you for your feedback, Peter. I have asked your CharityJob Account Manager to contact you to discuss this matter with you.
It was acceptable, but most candidates didn't follow the application process or meet the minimum requirements.
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, Emma.

I have asked your CharityJob Account Manager to contact you to discuss the application process you selected for this specific vacancy.
The experience of placing an advert was straightforward, and we received over 100 responses. However, many of the candidates applied in a very generic way, firing off their CV with little or no cover letter or email, so 2/3rds of the applicants were definite Nos.
I think the idea is sound however unfortunately we had no applications as a result of our advert placed on the site so it did not work for us.
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, Carole.

As we are always looking to improve our service and would like to have a look at the ad you placed with us, would you be willing to let me know which charity you work with? If yes, please email info@charityjob.co.uk.
Ok service for wide spread coverage.
Thank you for taking the time to review CharityJob, all feedback is appreciated.
We received some high quality applicants, but the 2 on our short list who applied via Charity Jobs dropped out.
We are delighted to hear that you managed to attract some high-quality candidates through CharityJob and went on to shortlist two of them. As I’m sure you are aware it is very much a candidate driven market at the moment and quality candidates get snapped up very quickly, unfortunately, this is something we have no control over.
Location field is too specific, should be able to choose just town/ city rather than really narrow area
Specialisation field doesn't work well for us

Making multiple selections on contract type is good :)
We're constantly looking for new ways to improve the quality and ease of our site, so thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The location issue has been brought to the attention of your Account Manager, and I have asked that he contact you regarding this.
CharityJob generates quite a high proportion of total applications for roles in our organisation and was the portal through which two roles were offered to candidates. However, from a recruitment administration perspective, many applicants hit easy apply and don't read the instructions as to the application requirements (namely the request for a cover letter). This either leads to candidates disqualifying themselves or our internal recruitment team following up to request the details which is time-consuming. It would be great if there was a function on the portal that meant candidates had to check a box to confirm that they had completed the application requirements of the employer to improve the likelihood of candidates submitting a full application.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on how we can improve our application process – it's definitely something we'll take into consideration! We're constantly looking for new ways to improve the quality and ease of our site, so feedback like this is really useful.
CharityJob is rated 4.53 based on 270 reviews