Car Shades Reviews

Car Shades 5 star review on 17th June 2021
Dale Howell
Car Shades 5 star review on 17th June 2021
Dale Howell
Excellent fit and would recommend. Only slight issue is that the rear screen shade could with a extra clip. Fitted to a Mercedes W205.
Lovely fitting shades but had a couple of the metal clip missing unfortunately
The parts bundled for the X1 2015 aren't suitable, luckily CarShades support quickly helped me by sending out bigger clips, hopefully they will update parts for that kit going forward. Fit is quite good, quite sturdy when fitted right, nice materials, good support.
Prompt delivery and the product is good quality. The shades fit the glass very well and are fairly easy to install when you have worked out how. I think the instructions could be clearer but you soon work it out with some trial and error. A couple of improvements could be made, the sticky pads for the rear quarter windows don't stick particularly well and keep falling off every day or so, also some sunlight does still get through the shades on a sunny day.
Really impressed with these - so much sturdier and more effective than the stick-on variety. I did struggle the window clips as they're sturdy and a snug fit but otherwise, the shades were very easy to fit and I'm very happy with my purchase.
The shades themselves look to be well made and they fit the counters of the windows very nicely indeed. However, the fitting instructions are absolutely abysmal. Tiny, low resolution photos making it difficult to see how the clips fit on made for a very frustrating time of it. The clips themselves are a bit of a faff as well, but once they're in, it seems well enough attached. I did consider leaving a three star review because I was so fed up with trying to sort it out, but felt that would be unfair as the product itself is very good and far better than those stupid suction cup ones which don't fit the windows properly so four stars it is.
The car shades fit perfectly, only used 4 clips though The rear window being in two half’s makes it difficult to see out and ended up not using them. Fitting instructions could be clearer
Sometimes they fall out after use maybe look.at a better and longer clip to help attach to windows
The car shades are great but for the rear window I could have done with 4 more clips that slide down the rubber the ones supplied aren’t really long enough and the ones I received keep popping out .
Great blinds, and a perfect shape. I wish they’d include a couple of extra clips to allow it to be held in place extremely securely. They’re pretty secure with just 2, though. But with a few extras it’d maybe even allow you then to have the windows open while doing a fair speed without them being blown into the vehicle.
Hi Robert - thanks for the feedback and glad you are enjoying your Car Shades, we are going to send you some additional clips to make sure they are 100% secure. Thank you
Shades are great, fitting is easy but not made so because of the instructions
The side shades fit perfectly but had great difficulty fitting the back window ones, hense only 4 stars
A little pricey and a full window shade for the rear would be preferable. Otherwise the quality was excellent and they look fantastic on my Peugeot 3008.
Quite expensive but definitely worth the money. Fit perfectly and great quality. The fitting instructions could be better. Still have a piece that I don’t know what does
Very good and extremely easy to fit. A little on the tight side but after you get over the that they are easy.
excellent, except that the carrying case arrived with a broken zip, please may i have a replacement?
These are definitely better than average car shades. Good coverage and fit well. The tool for the top and side clips does help, and the Youtube videos linked to the website are useful. Those clips work very well. Ironically, the more simple and common CL-MO clip for the bottom of the shade, proved more tricky in my car window. The instructions were not clear enough on the sheet. It was only when I stumbled on another Youtube video that covered the whole process (from July'19), I noticed from that the long part of the clip was facing the outside, when the instructions appear to suggest the opposite. Overall though, very pleased. UPDATE: A couple of weeks in, and the smaller shades are tending to pop out quite often. My family that travel in the back are starting to moan that you can see quite a bit of daylight behind the larger shade (halfway down), so I'm now questioning if it is a good fit after all. The weak point does seem to be the bottom (CL-MO) clip.
The shades are working really well! The only reason I have not given 5 stars is because I found the clips really really hard to put on the shades and it was a real nightmare. But once they are on I hope I never have to take them off again and the shades are in the car window. I do feel they were very expensive, I do expect to pay more as they were custom size for my car type specifically but would have been happier if they were slightly less in cost.
After some issues with my order, during which I found it impossible to contact using the phone number, the issue was resolved via social media. I have received the shades and they are now fitted. The fitting instructions are pretty poor, however when I finally worked out how the shades fitted it really is rather simple. The shades for well, but due to the delay in receiving the shades the weather has changed and at this time I am unable to say how effective they are
the side shades fitted perfectly but the rear window one was just a bit to big and has to overlap in the middle rather than butt together.
Car Shades is rated 4.64 based on 986 reviews