Building Supplies Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Building Supplies Direct
3 cartridges of mastic sent in a padded envelope, which, not surprisingly, had burst open. Thankfully, the Post Office put it all in a plastic bag and delivered it safely.
The website is tricky to use, and delivery was slow.
Item top notch, customer service let it down.
only had part of the order they had made a mistake in what they had in stock.But very quick on delivery of the part they did have.
When it arrived it was fine. I did not get the tracking number in any Inbox including spam and the delivery was late. Don't know who's to blame but as I did not receive the tracking number I assume it was Building Supplies Direct.
Good service the box was rather fragilefor the nature of the products sent. All was satisfactory on delivery but it could easily have gone the other way.
I ordered 10 tubes of silicone and paid £ 5.95 for delivery (3 - 5 days) after 6 days I had not received the items so I emailed the company who informed me that they were still in processing status, on sending further emails I had confirmation that the items would be dispatched that day and would receive them the next day. When the items were delivered there were only 5 tubes in the package, so I emailed the company again and was told there had been damage to the parcel as according to the system I had been sent all 10, I was asked if I want a refund or receive the items, so the next day I received a further 5 tubes. All was sorted in the end but would have been better if I hadn't had to keep sending emails to check on dispatch and delivery etc.
One item was missing from my order. BSD have said they will refund me, but I would have preferred the item to have been included in the first place.
Postage and service all good, the Plastikote "one coat" tile paint spray product is not very good. Definitely not one coat, I don't think you should stock it.
delivery and despatch was prompt. However the DPD protocol wasn't followd for click and collect deliveries and I wasnt specifies as a recipient so when I went to collect the item it looked as if it was destined for the shop who the couldnt release it because no code had been issued. The only way yo obtain the item was to send it back and get another sent out
Quick delivery but didn't expect item box to be on display to public!
I needed a bench vice so ordered one as it was indicated it was available. As I was ordering the vice, and paying postage, I decided to order a few more smaller items including soft vice jaws to fit the ordered vice. I was sent an email to my outlook account after a week to explain the vice was out of stock, and that with no idea of when it would be available, it was refunded. The email went to junk. It’s not difficult to choose email addresses that do not go to junk especially as the Microsoft filter is not overly aggressive. When I checked on the delivery status a week later I realised what had happened. During this time, Building supplies direct had decided to dispatch the remaining items including the soft vice jaws that I no longer needed. I would have liked the option to cancel the whole order as postage on top of the additional few items made them expensive. Also, it took 2 weeks from order to dispatch which is unacceptable these days, despite of holidays and COVID. I still await delivery.
Slow. 6 days to dispatch.
Item was I stock when ordered
Then was notified it was out of stock
Not good as it was a Christmas present
I got stuck of asking when my order was going to be delivered. Product was good just order well in advance. if order was going to be late an email would have been good. But yes I would use again on price
It was a long wait for delivery but good quality item when it arrived except that the string attaching the dowel broke on the first outing but was easy to replace with better quality string.
Item was in stock, ordered it. Then told out of stock.
Refunded very quickly
Paid extra to get item quick but did not. Item came by normal post
Apparently half of my order wasn't in stock, but prices are fair enough to justify using this site
Did not have what I ordered in stock as advertised. But quick in refunding.
Building Supplies Direct is rated 4.56 based on 1,696 reviews