Building Supplies Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Building Supplies Direct
Whilst the order process was quick and efficient with the order being placed on the 3.2.2021, I paid extra for 2 - 3 day service expecting to receiving the goods on Monday 4.2.2021. Unfortunately, the goods were delayed somewhere, with only one update from the courier service, there was no update from Building Suppliers Direct I had to email them for an update and ask them to chase the courier service, the delay put my job back by two days.
Whilst I'm happy to pay to receive a good delivery service, in return I expect my goods to be delivered within the time frame or comms from the company I ordered them from, I don't expect to have to chase after them.
Paid for express delivery. Did not arrive. Had to contact customer services who advised they were waiting for part of the order which they did not have in stock. Would not split order.

Unable to contact on phone, but did respond over email. Order arrived 5 days later than planned and I had to buy extra materials. No refund of “express” delivery charges either.
Ordered a Clarke Vice and some spring clips x 4. Whilst the package was delivered on time, upon opening it one of the clamps were missing. When I unpacked the vice which was coated in oil, the screw thread was seized closed. I even hammered it to loosen it up but it remained seized. After contacting them, they asked me to send a photo, fair enough, but then they send me a fast refund for the price of the vice and the missing clamp. I had to recontact them to question the P&P as the cost was £6.95 and should have been £0.75 according to their delivery rates.

I eventually received a second refund this time for the difference i n the P&P. I never received an apology at all, and thought obviously the order was not checked prior to shipping. No I will not be ordering from these again.
Space heater did not come with regulator (although supposed to). Not necessarily their fault, but they do not seem to be in a rush to sort the problem.
Having shown the goods as available, having taken the order and having processed the payment (but not taken it) four hours later I was emailed to say it was not available! It seems that the computer said "yes" but the order picker said "no"!

The refund to my bank was prompt - so prompt it arrived before the money was taken out! Oh, the joys of online transactions - let's get back to going to the shop and fondling the goodies.

Proof of the old saying - "if it seems too good to be true - it probably is!"

Other reviews mirror my experience.
Ordered on 2nd now late on the 11th still not arrived
Nobody ever actually answers the phone for a conversation about your products.
Did not have items in stock, ie website not up to date
Should know better than to pack spray paint cans in a Jiffy bag & expect them to arrive intact!
I ordered bench supports which were listed as in stock plus two metal angle brackets. I then get an email stating the bench supports were not in stock and a refund given. I was then charged a processing fee of £7.95 and the brackets (costing around 70p)were shipped which makes the brackets somewhat expensive.
Would be good if you took non stock items off your website!
Put 2 separate items into the one box; which they then taped up very well, but directly onto the box - meaning to open the box you had to damage the box (of an item that was meant as a gift) - it also meant I had to take out all the packaging of the present, to find the other item they had placed within it??
Delivery was timely, web site appears to be OK.
Still waiting for my delivery as DHL are both inefficient and ineffective!
Disappointed that website was not up-to-date with availability of item purchased. It was only after I had purchased it that I was told it was out of stock!
There was a quick turned around from placing the order and then receiving the order. However on doing so it appears that they fundamentally forgot how to package and ship the items properly, many of them were damaged in transit and all the sealed containers were leaking. Still no response from my email to customer services. See attached images.
Will I purchase again should the type of packaging continue , unfortunately not.
Website let me order goods and pay then subsequently received notification that due to stock error the item was not available so all cancelled and had to go elsewhere which very frustrating
I did ordered some products and was cheaper than Amazon but I waited 15 days till they arrived
A downer when you do some quick fix
I will use it again just to check and hope for different experience
I ordered a compressor and paid for it, waited a few days for it to arrive, it didn’t so I checked my paypal account to make sure I had paid for it. I had and noticed that I had a full refund. No email to explain but thanks for not keeping my money. Now I have to start again elsewhere
Ordered over a week ago with 2-3 day express delivery... still nothing.
Stated out of stock but why not send the rest of the order we need and send other bits out once in stock. Won't use again.
ORDER GOODS OFF WEBSITE TOLD THEY WERE IN STOCK AND PAID THEN TOLD NOT IN STOCK AFTER I CHASED YOURSLEVES FOR UP DATE NOW NOT IN TILL OCTOBER.
Order did not turn up by given date. When I contacted them, although my order had been advertised as in stock. It was not & had been placed on back order. Nobody thought to let me know this. I was continually told this and that there was no time scale as to when I may receive my order. This information was even repeated to me after I had notification from themselves and a courier company telling me that my order had been dispatched.
Building Supplies Direct is rated 4.56 based on 1,682 reviews