Building Supplies Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Building Supplies Direct
Ordered wrong item as was a surprise gift . Emailed them to return it and received no reply
I ordered 25 items but only received 23 in the box, which was still in tact and had not been damaged in transit. I have tried phoning to sort this but the message says that everyone is working home, however if I send an email someone will get back to me straightaway. I've sent 2 emails and am still waiting for someone to get back to me. I have waited 6 days so far and still not had any response. Customer service is not good.
I placed a order and this got refunded the next day with no reason for this
Not very good service
Displayed an item as being in stock when it wasn't
After paying for a faster delivery, order still did not arrive. Had to keep chasing the order. I ordered white painted hinges, a lot of them are rusted open and wont close. Not happy with service or items.
I have been very reluctant to place this disappointing review here.
I have tried to express my disappointmet directly with the company management.
Unfortunately, i have been prevented from doing this by the sales assistant.
I have made numerous requests by Email, telephone and old fashioned letter for my concerns to be forwarded and for somebody in authority to make a comment. After three weeks i have conceded defeat.
My issue is that i made an order and paid for express delivery for items i needed for a job that i could not get locally. The order arrived i the specified time, however, they were completely the wrong items. I informed the company immediately. I was told that they would arrange for a courier to collect the items and that once the items were back with them, they would send the correct items. I was told that the courier would collect the items the following week. My obvious consternation was that, this was their error and that i needed the items straight away. My request was flatly and unsympathectically refused as was my request to contact someone in a managerial position.
I asked for a refund and bought the items from another online company. It took 9 days to get refund.
This quote is from their website:-
"Our aim is to provide you with top quality products, at trade prices, straight to your door, hassle-free. Try our service and if you're not happy, give us a call and we'll make sure that you are!"
This certainly does not come close to my experience.
It's interesting to see all the 5 star reviews which all relate to when they supply the right things in the right time scales (basically doing what they are paid to do). In my view a company is better measured in how they respond when they do things wrong, sadly on this occasion they have been found wanting.
Order placed with all items showing as available. After a week of hearing nothing I enquired as to the status of my order (it had been acknowledged). I was told by email a day later that 1 item was unavailable (checked website and it was still showing as available). Asked if I could increase order of another item to counteract the OOS item - this was not possible! Only action available was to cancel item then they would sent the rest of the order. This I did and got order a couple of days later. I think I would still be waiting for my order if I had not enquired. Luckily this order was not urgent. The price was good, but that is no good if you don't get the order.
Very poor customer service, didn’t contact me to tell me the order would be delayed. Had to email them after 3 weeks of the order not showing up. They were waiting for one item in my order to come into stock but were unwilling to send the rest of the order out with the other item to be sent on at a later date.
Refunded money with no reason why order cancelled
Had to contact numerous times asking where my order was and all on email due to Covid????
Every other company I deal with is still managing to answer their telephones!
Appears one item was out of stock even though the webpage showed in stock, so instead of either contacting me or sending later, they put the whole order on hold.
Only got it when I did due to insisting they posted out on "Next Day Delivery" due to the time wasted.
Poor customer service and customer care
Have contacted by email twice and will need to send barrow back as no split pins included, one handle broken and tyres will rub on frame so no good for what I need.
Shocking!!!
I have waited 6 days and counting for my delivery still no sign. Estimated express delivery time 2-3 days costing £18.95.
Needless to say I’m not happy.
Website said item in stock - turns out it would be a month to wait for stock to arrive. Time is precious when running a business. Re-ordering and dealing with refunds and unnecessary business accounts paperwork isn't good service.
Item arrived poorly packaged and damaged, no refund as of yet and no replacement nearly a week later, poor communications and customer service, beware of ordering from them.
still awaiting materials
Takes over a month to get my screws I ordered. They also don’t tell you the product is out stock so you are left waiting weeks only to discover there out of stock. Do not use!
Let me order on line not saying they were out of stock. Did not keep me informed unless I did the expediting.
Product not supplied or alternative offerd.
Item is faulty and theres been no help in returning the item im wanting a refund they say ive to wait 30 day
Building Supplies Direct is rated 4.56 based on 1,712 reviews