Builders Marketplace Reviews

of reviewers recommend Builders Marketplace
Read Builders Marketplace Reviews
Packaging damaged on delivery. One board damaged corner, one board with two inch circular saw mark. Two stars because the bits that are undamaged seem good quality (and thus value for money IF all 4 items had been received perfect).
Delivery of sheets was poor. Advised to leave with house opposite but courier left outside porch in the rain. Half of the mdf sheets had watermarks
Really disappointed with the timber, the timber had several holes which had previously been knots in the timber which had come out, felt as if they had not been inspected properly prior to dispatch, if they had been they should not have been dispatched in my opinion.
Good product but was unaware of the delivery date, not so good
did not send the advertised product, sent me the wrong size, I asked for 35mm thick board, got sent 28. Even allowing for finishing that's clearly wrong. Still in discussion re solution to this
Waited for my order for over a week and was then told I would get a refund as it was not available. Had I known earlier I would have sourced a product from another supplier.
Order sent to billing address instead of shipping address, despite both addresses being shown clearly on the order.
My order arrived 14 days after despatch date. The boards had been well packed and the corners well protected by packaging. However, the customer service of this company is appalling!!! I sent a total of 7 emails requesting the consignment/ tracking details of the carrier and none of these emails was responded to. Luckily i was at home when the order arrived on a wet morning or the contents could have been ruined. I would not recommend this company for that reason and i would certainly not use them again.
Delivery time was ok but 2 of the items arrived damaged.
I placed an order with them only to have to ring them back just over a fortnight later, for the 2nd time, only to be told my order had been lost in transit then to be told they would send replacements which could take up to another 3/4 days. I will definitely think twice before ordering again from them!!!
Item damaged in transit
Ordered materials ...not delivered..they do not reply to emails .no contact regaurding inquiry..ive sent a number of emails...got nothing...how can you rate a company like this...in the process of trying to get money back....
I ordered composite decking fixings and the picture clearly showed screws as part of the pack bur when they were received there weren'y any scews. Disappointed. The reason I ordered the kit was because everythiong that I needed apparently was in the pack.
I ordered two packs of decking clips on March 29th. On order number 61885. The confirmation E Mail came stating that the order was processed, and delivery would be 3 to 10 days. Nothing was mentioned on the website when I ordered. I phoned on April 7th. To enquire about the order. I was told that it hadn’t even been processed yet, and was in the hands of the warehouse. The work was starting the next day, so I had no choice but cancel the order, and purchase elsewhere. The lady on the phone didn’t seem particularly concerned that I cancelled, so I’m afraid I must give your company a poor rating. I really think you need to look at this situation, and see if there’s a problem in your procedures.
My original order was damaged in transit....and I only knew this as a result on enquiring why it was late in delivery. At least the company investigated this delivery delay, apologised to me and have promised to send a replacement express, so they have done all that can be expected. I have not received the item as yet, so hence my low score. Eventually I had to contact the dealer again for a further update to the second delivery date, and they couldn’t find my paper work. I cancelled the order and are awaiting return of my initial payment.i won’t be returning to this seller again.
Ordered over 2 weeks ago. Emailed for information on delivery and had no response from them.
Over charged me, because they couldn’t work their new computers. Didn’t car3 when I mentioned it.
I placed an order for 32 3x2 which i am still waiting for,then on tuesday the 23rd i received a refund no e-mail to say what had gone wrong or a phone call to ask if that was acceptable.I then tracked down your telephone number and called you only to be told you had no stock so i asked when it was due in the reply i got was tomorrow,so my order was cancelled for the sake of one day with no contact with me to discuss anything,i then had to find the money to re-order the stock as i need it to put a floor in and my money was lost in transit and i still haven't received it.The lady i spoke to who took the order had very good customer competence but as i said to her maybe you need to change your process and actually contact your customers via phone call so they are aware of whats going on before you throw their money into limbo for a possible 10 days i had to borrow money to re-order my wood And its STILL NOT HERE !!!!
Placed order and was promised a 5 working day delivery. During the wait I emailed twice to ask a question regarding the product i ordered and heard nothing. Called twice and no answer. On the third attempt I managed to get through and was told my order is in the system and would be delivered in a further 2 weeks. Complete lack of communication for their customer. Would not use again.
You should Mack it clear on your website that delivery is NOT FREE. And you should let people no when the delivery is going to be by e-mail or text
Builders Marketplace is rated 3.87 based on 736 reviews