Builders Marketplace Reviews

of reviewers recommend Builders Marketplace
Read Builders Marketplace Reviews
Product was good and reasonably priced, but I ordered 13 sheets of 12mm mdf and one of the sheets turned up and it was only 9mm Mdf which meant I had to sauce another sheet due to time constraints.
When the item I have ordered is delivered, I will give a review.
Service was good, but products were damaged on delivery. A combination of inadequate packaging and bad handling by delivery company.
Not a good experience delivery date 3-7 days actually 9 days on inspection of the small board 3 of the four corners were damaged in transit as there was no corner protection used together with the cardboard covering was too loose around the board, hence the corner cardboard was all split.
Was told my delivery was going to be 5 working days to which I was only told 2 days ago it was out of stock an will be back in stock next week, already waited 3 weeks, poor communication only told me cuz I emailed, paid 50 pound delivery to wait 3 weeks, I could of went somewhere else, still waiting for my delivery from the 23rd July, my daughter can't get in her bedroom as I need these materials to make it safe
Would not recommend - still not received my order 93890 placed on 26/07/21 and notified of despatch on 27/07/21. Chased 3 times via email and by phone over two days (cannot get through by phone) Please cancel and return my money asap if anyone actually picks this up!!
Few decking boards came within a broken package and some were damaged. Customer service was very slow, poor and not helpful at all. Not a great not pleasant experience as we emailed back and forth to have some partial refund. Not recommend
Ordered a 4ft x 2ft !8mm thick MDF with black veneer for a piano frame. Also asked for 3 cuts to produce 9", 5" and 3" planks each 4ft long plus the extra (waste) plank. Long delay in presumably for the cutting before the results were despatched. When I came to measure and make up the unit, I found that that all the planks ends measured differently as cuts were not parallel. Indeed some ends were less than the requested width. I had to recut all planks to rectify their sloppy workmanship in making the cuts. Had the planks been properly cut, I would have said that the overall service did not communicate the extent of the delay, and despatch only took place when I rang to enquire. I may use the service again as it is a convenient way of getting a single board delivered, but will not be asking then to cut board planks to size. I would rather ensure accurate machining.
Still haven't received my order
I ordered some scaffold planks we needed for a job. 3-5 day delivery was £26. So I added a roll of felt thinking if I'm paying that much postage I may as well get other things we might need. They added another £20 to the postage making the felt very expensive. As if that wasn't bad enough the felt arrived in 10 days and the planks 2 days later. About a week after we needed them.
After I had placed my order i received an email from Builders marketplace advising that my order was at the warehouse being picked and delivery would be 3-5 working days, then an email advising despatch . After the sixth working day I chased the orderand by email was informed that there was no stock until mid July.How can this happen ? Hence the poor review and I still await delivery, I would expect at least " next day" after the item received at your warehouse.
Goods are ok, but do not order more than one item at a time or you will be charged more than the total amount of postage for those items than if you buy each one separately. I was charged £4 extra, the second item was very small so would have expected it to be £4 less.
Boards damaged
The price was great but the door add mold over the top off the door so had to wash the door and not in the right packing
I've not received any part of my order & delivery is now several days later than specified at point of order. I've not received a revised delivery schedule as yet so I'm completely in the dark, so I doubt I'll order from this company again. Late deliveries sometimes can't be helped but poor communication is unforgivable.
Panel badly distorted, manufacturing or storage I can’t say.
Sent out damaged goods
Packaging damaged on delivery. One board damaged corner, one board with two inch circular saw mark. Two stars because the bits that are undamaged seem good quality (and thus value for money IF all 4 items had been received perfect).
Delivery of sheets was poor. Advised to leave with house opposite but courier left outside porch in the rain. Half of the mdf sheets had watermarks
Really disappointed with the timber, the timber had several holes which had previously been knots in the timber which had come out, felt as if they had not been inspected properly prior to dispatch, if they had been they should not have been dispatched in my opinion.
Builders Marketplace is rated 3.83 based on 662 reviews