Builders Merchant Reviews

Read Builders Merchant Reviews

sales@buildersmerchant.com

Builders Marketplace, Merchant House, 44 Berth, Tilbury Docks

Tell us how Builders Merchant made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Bog$h¥t enough said.
Paid for goods 2 months ago with extra for express delivery.
No delivery yet, no response to over 10 emails and no one answers the phone.
Do not buy from these people.
They will take your money and then disappear.
Those that have already been stung like me, perhaps contact your bank to start a charge back process.
In my opinion decking is damaged and second rate.. hit and run company during covid 19.. no contact for weeks
Good company! The did my project quickly and professionally.
Poor service.... I have been waiting nearly 1 month for my order, emails and phone calls go unanswered.. Please avoid at all cost.
In line with all other people complaining I am exactly in the same situation and tired of not been able to get in touch.
Will need to prosecute in order to get money back?
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY CON ARTIST'S !!!After placing an order at the beginning of April and paying over £100 for express delivery I have still not received my goods, I have been provided with 3 separate tracking numbers. Now today Tuffnells have just told me they have our tracking number but the order is in someone elses name and address, however with our post code. This is an absolute joke with no reply or correspondence from the company. I am completely sympathetic in regards the current climate and what is happening but this company is false advertising and also has nothing in regards to COVID 19 and any precautions or delays that they have put in place. My belief is that this company is a taking full advantage of clients and stealing their money. I have requested over and over again for my money back or order asap without anything. I have tried to also contact the director CAMERON NEWBOLD directly.
Order was placed and paid for online through the website on 15/04/20 and nothing heard since. After calling numerous times on 20/04/20 for an update, finally got though to someone who advised they have no record of my order. I was advised they will look into and call back, I’m still waiting for a further update today. I have tried to call again all day and no one answers! I’m totally stuck now, they have our money and we are still waiting to hear from them.
Wish I had read the reviews before we purchased, last week. No tracking number yet; no response to three emails; telephone is not being answered - and goes dead without taking a message or going to another extension.
I am agast at how they feel they can operate without communication with customers. If we had the tracking number and courier we could chase ourselves, but I guess this hasn't been provided as our order has even been shipped. What an abysmal outfit. Avoid Avoid
Took a substantial amount of money from me over 2 weeks ago and was assured delivery would be within 2 days. Got an email day after saying goods depatched but with no tracking. Asked for tracking was told it hasn't been sent yet. Emailed several times in past 2 weeks with no reply. Called numerous times but no one answering the phones despite their website saying they are trading as normal despite Covid19. Caused huge problems for my business as if we don't have enough to deal with at the moment. Had to stop my job, lay off 2 staff becuase of it andnow have unhappy customers. Would never use these again and no idea if and when I will ever get my money back.
super service will definitely use again
Excellent service . Easy to use web site. Ordered flexible ply and received it by courier 3days later . 👍
Supplier OK - website poor. Pop-up (especially the one touting reviews, blocks view of product. Why not offer a button to disappear annoying overlays?
Could not find simple pine timber item....too much about how good you are and not enough actual factual product information - such as sizes, timber types, lengths. Gave up in the end. Pity
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH - A NIGHTMARE!
Ordered Hinge pins for wheelie bin online stated size 15mm x 55mm, arrived on time but size 12mm x 45mm. Ordered again second time, arrived promptly, but wrong small size again. Ordered a third time with instruction (PLEASE ENSURE THAT SIZES ARE 15MM X 55MM, THANKS). To my horror the wrong small size again, not the advertised size 15mm x 55mm. So disgusting...not even bother to return them. Sick!
Paid for express delivery and confirmed for Monday or Tuesday. No response to 3 emails asking for a tracking number. Called Tuesday and told not left, couldn't leave that day so would leave Wed for Thurs morning delivery. Called as not arrived on Thurs, goods still not left.
No refund received for express delivery received as promised, no advice of any delays - staff don't care, lead by the MD Amy who doesn't honour her word. Shocking customer service and i'm still without goods
Only part of my order delivered but full payment taken . No reply despite numerous e-mails
Excellent very pleased
Bought some tables legs. They were very reasonable for the price and so I bought some more. reasonable quality, prompt delivery and good prices. What's not to like? :0)
Hinge pins arrived quickly. I mended the wheelie bin easily. Good product, but be careful to measure the hole diameter. 15mm fits well but 20mm would have been too big.
Order cancelled without explanation!
Builders Merchant is rated 3.35 based on 54 reviews