Brooks Timber & Building Supplies Limited Reviews

of reviewers recommend Brooks Timber & Building Supplies Limited
Hi,
I drove 15 mile to pick-up the items I reserved to find they were out of stock which was disappointing.
I am currently waiting on the items to be posted out to me but as of yet this hasn't happened.
Hi Mark,

Really sorry the item was not available when you got to the branch, we did ship this item to you on 04/12/20. Tracking details have been sent via email.

Please contact sales@brooksgroup.ie if you have any queries.

Regards

Brooks
Partial delivery , 7 days on waiting on the rest of if
Hi Damien,

Really sorry you haven't received your complete order. I will look into this & come back to you.

Regards

Brooks
At the first time I was ordering everything was perfect (quality, price, fast delivery) but with the following 3 orders was some problems. (Timbers were worst quality, some parts were green, some of them were even broken )
Sometimes I got e-mail about something was out of Stock, sometimes I got something else instead of without asking me. Also would be good to know in advance which day I will receive my order.
I was not at home twice and nobody told me an estimated date about delivery.

Not blaming, I know it was a hard period for everyone but some things could be improved.
I would definetely recommend to order from here if everything goes as the first time. :)
I entered an order for collection but received no email indicating it was ready for collection. Staff on the order number were able to sort it out, but there seems to be an issue with collect orders on the website and it's not the first issue I've had. Previously my account disappeared, and with information on previous orders which I was relying on to help creating new orders.
Bought insulation off and when I went to use it one of the roles was wet. It came off a forklift into my car then out of the car to use and it was really wet from the inside of it
No info given when delivery was to be made.
Product as described, took longer to arrive than I expected.
Informed the delivery team that the site was down a lane and acess would be difficult in a truck and maybe take a pallet truck if they were using a flat bed truck. Arrived in flatbed truck with no pallet truck so the delivery was dropped 40m away from where it was needed. Driver told me they would never be given a pallet truck. Anyway will be considering ordering elsewhere in future.
Was very happy with the overall product quality, value and speed of delivery. However the delivery driver (a contracted driver) broke our kerbing, it took a week for the drivers boss to call me, he tried to revoke any responsibility. In the end he agreed he would get the kerbing repaired. I'm still waiting.

Hence the mid rating
Delivery arrived as indicated and was fine BUT it was just left in the garden on a pallet for us to sort out by ourselves. Given that it consisted of multiple 8x4 ft sheets of plasterboard and bags of adhesive powder, which is susceptible to weather and so had to be moved immediately (by the one person at home at the time, in his sixties) some assistance in moving items when delivered would have been appreciated. Especially given delivery charges which are not insignificant. I would be reluctant to order any large items from your company in future for the aforementioned reasons.
I've ordered some timber online hoping to get it ready by the time I get to the place. But it appeared I have to wait for the message that it is ready for the collection. It took 2 days... So in my particular case it would be quicker to just drop by and order in store.... Which make no sense.
Delay in delivery
The online help pre-ordering was excellent, but having been told my item was in stock I had a phone call en-route to collect to say stock had to be transferred from another location. ON the day I collected there was a long wait to have my order picked.
Brooks Timber & Building Supplies Limited is rated 4.43 based on 238 reviews