Brooks Timber & Building Supplies Limited Reviews

of reviewers recommend Brooks Timber & Building Supplies Limited
Chat service is useless, I cant get answer to a simple question: is the branch closed for lunch or not? Does anyone in Brooks know what "Click and collect" service means? In my opinion Brooks provide a pay online service only!!Because after a customer places an order on line, they must wait a few days then send an email regarding order status. When they reply that the order is ready at the branch you have to go through all the steps of a normal sale: first visit sales counter then cashier then wait at warehouse collection point. This to me was just a regular sale and there was no need to go through the online process which now seems like just a waste of 2 days. I think it would be easier to go straight to the branch and skip the click and collect process
Ordered 3 items online and was phoned after I paid to tell me it was not in stock.Then I arrived to be told a second item was not in stock.Safe to say until the online stock is correct I won’t be using this again.
Well I was sent an option to review my service and I havnt been sent my order yet so that's not a good sign! As of writing it's a week late!
I booked click and collect and nothing was ready It would have being equally as easy to go in and just buy the goods in the shop. I done click and collect to avoid that situation. However in your store there was no advantage in the click and collect whatsoever
Ordered timber for click and collect online only to be told it was sold out when I went to collect
All sheet timber distorted or warped scratches and gouge marks on sheet of phenolic would not use or recommend Brooks to anyone
No communication by the Brooks Timber till I found my order in front of my door while coming back from health related appointment. That morning I have been called by a phone number which I couldn't reach that when I attempted to call later that day. I assume it was from Brooks deliveries but as you can guess it was well planned as it was only before leaving outside of the house. I attempted to confirm my delivery two times over chat on the website but they kept saying you will be informed when there is a news yet they showed with no information given prior to the delivery. Who made the delivery? - Who knows who? I don't know, maybe some random guys made the delivery.
Totally botched the order Damaged board - the driver was great and highlighted it at the time of delivery, it was the warehouse guys who basically said "it doesn't matter". upon calling customer service and refusing the delivery, the driver went back got another one. Boards missing - when followed up they were looking into it. Followed up again after a week, they hadn't back ordered them until i called them. Now i wait another week(or 2) to get them. Can't blame COVID for this one guys, it was just pure incompetence.
I have used Brooks 4 times. First time i did an online order. I'm only a few kilometres from the local store and everything was in stock but it took a few weeks to deliver, so last time i would do that. Second time i did a 'click and collect' order. Again everything was in stock but didn't receive any email for days on order status and had to call them. I was told its ready so went to collect. 3rd time i went to the store....As a non-trade customer i felt intimated by the staff and were not interested or helpful in any of my purchases. I ordered 8 sheets of plywood in the store and backed my trailer into the warehouse for collection. The staff in the warehouse told me that they don't have any plywood in stock. I went back into the store asking why they sold it to me if they don't have it...to which i got no reply except a refund. I have not and will not use them again. Currently going to McMahons builder providers for all materials and very happy with them. Nice knowledgeable staff and very pleasant to deal with.
Waiting for service, directed to yard, nobody around
What a waste of time prep ordering because it wasn't ready when I got there and when I arrived in the shop every one scattered rather than help, which I have heard since is normal. First and last time giving ye my business.
Very disappointed I put in my order 17th November and I haven't received it yet. Service is very bad
I've ordered Redwood decking from Brooks because they were the cheapest option out there. Lesson learned there. Delivery was fast. The decking I've ordered was 31 piece of the 4 meter redwood decking boards. The boards came really dirty, with leaves, mud and footprints. I told to myself, I'll clean them and make it work, sand them a bit it should be ok. There is always some bad boards in the bunch but while working on them the end result was abysmal. Some of the boards had wood worms, a few holes right in the middle of them. Some were damaged, physically, beyond salvaging, as the gash was too deep. All of them had water/rot damage, rotted black on the ends to the depth of 3-5 cm at least. I will make it a point to avoid Brooks from now on as they seem to offload rubbish to their clients. Ordered some 100mm x 22mm x 4200mm boards as well. Measuring them, they are 94mm x 18mm x 4200mm. at least they were in good order.
I placed an order on Oct 20th with a delivery date of Friday 23rd it’s now Tuesday 27th and still waiting for the order. Carpenter was paid to do the job on Sat 24th he turned up and sat in his van, not his fault he was ready to work. No communication from Brooks I will never but from Brooks again !
Too expensive, 15-20 percent cheaper elsewhere
I want to lodge a complaint about the poor quality of the materials supplied to me for Order. There was significant warping in the "44X100MM (2x4) WHITEWOOD ROUGH TREATED FSC®2 4.8M (16')" and particularly in the "22X100MM (1x4) WHITEWOOD PLANED 4.8M (16')". The "22X100MM (1x4) WHITEWOOD PLANED 4.8M (16')" was roughly cut in half prior to delivery. This represents a very poor service by Brooks, which is not acceptable.
Service very slow Order changed without prior consent When correct produce was available it took over 5 days to get it Driver didn’t seem to want to any work. Very poor all round
Bought 6 boxes of Junkers flooring delivered t Limerick. Was not advised that clips are not supplied with the boxes. Rang Brooks and advised clips are 40p each and I would need 150. Told someone would ring me back but no one did. Prior to making the purchase I was on a chat line checking availability and delivery time to Limerick. It was worse than useless as I was told I’d have to place an order before they could give me this info.
Hi Mike, Really sorry you had a bad experience. I will amend our description to make it clear that clips are sold separate. I have also sent you an email, if I can help you with anything let me know. Regards Lorraine
Terrible customer service. Paid for delivery and ended up having to drive to collect the product from their store as they would not be in my county for weeks. I was never refunded my delivery fee either. Would not recommend Brooks.
Hi, Really sorry you had a bad experience. We do aim to deliver orders as quick as possible but due to distance from our branch some orders take a little longer. A refund has been issued for your delivery charge. Regards Lorraine
items ordered and paid for online. Received e-mail saying that the materials were delivered to the store for collection. Phoned store, they were not there as had been 'left off the delivery truck' from Dublin. Ended up getting a refund in store and buying an alternative. Would not buy online with Brooks again. Service in the store was good, but online experience is very poor.
Hi David, Thank you for your feedback. Sorry you had a bad online experience, this is not the norm & we do try our best to get the product to the customer (or selected branch) as quick as possible. Regards Lorraine
Brooks Timber & Building Supplies Limited is rated 4.45 based on 354 reviews