Brooks Timber & Building Supplies Limited Reviews

of reviewers recommend Brooks Timber & Building Supplies Limited
Did a click and collect order last week. When arriving at the store the order was not ready for collection, I had to get the items myself from various parts of the store and yard and when I went to collect the final items on the order they were not in stock which the website had allowed me to buy a couple of hours earlier this resulted in having to que up for see a sales assistant and have my order amended so I could take a similar product. Altogether over an hour between the store and yard collecting my items which I thought would be ready for collection. Very bad experience and won't be returning to or recommending burkes.
I purchased a door and a handle set box online last week through Brooks. The order went through perfect online as the website was easy to navigate, and recieved my confirmation email. A member of staff even rang me to check what time I would be in to collect the order. When I went to collect it, the man in the shop was very unprofessional and told me ‘No, sorry you got that wrong we don’t have that door in stock it has to be ordered’. When I told him the website said that there was1 in stock in Cork and a member of staff rang to tell me it was there and asked what time I was coming, again he told me I must be wrong and that you can’t trust anything on that website. After asking him to check it with the man who rang me, it turned out the door was there and I was right, with no apology for his mixup. When I got it home and we started to hang the door we noticed it was damaged, but couldn’t be bothered bringing if it back to deal with staff who are that unprofessional. It’s unacceptable in this day and age of people using a click and collect service and trying to avoid too much public interactions to not have a proper and adequate click and collect service in place. Except the door I ordered was only available in Brooks, I would be hesitant to choose them over another local provider.
I have bought off Brooks in the past and try to avoid buying off them because of the abysmal customer service when you are onsite. This time I thought that by buying an item online, it would be ready for me as a quick pickup. This was not the case. I was sent out to the yard to look for the item, no staff were visible. I waited for 15 minutes in the middle of the yard but still no help. I then started walking deeper in to the yard and found 3 staff member having a smoke behind the last timber racking aisle. I asked them to help me access my order and then asked if they have a facility to cut it to size. He asked me if I brought a saw. I did as I doubted they would offer. He then said I should fire away and went back to having his smoke with the boys. Will not be returning.
First visit, really surprised with how much stock was available, very happy with service, Staff were very friendly, polite and professional. Will most definitely be making use of the Store again in the near future :)
I have used Brooks 4 times. First time i did an online order. I'm only a few kilometres from the local store and everything was in stock but it took a few weeks to deliver, so last time i would do that. Second time i did a 'click and collect' order. Again everything was in stock but didn't receive any email for days on order status and had to call them. I was told its ready so went to collect. 3rd time i went to the store....As a non-trade customer i felt intimated by the staff and were not interested or helpful in any of my purchases. I ordered 8 sheets of plywood in the store and backed my trailer into the warehouse for collection. The staff in the warehouse told me that they don't have any plywood in stock. I went back into the store asking why they sold it to me if they don't have it...to which i got no reply except a refund. I have not and will not use them again. Currently going to McMahons builder providers for all materials and very happy with them. Nice knowledgeable staff and very pleasant to deal with.
Brooks are always a pleasure to deal with. Really sound and reliable delivery
Staff in the main building were helpful and attentive, but the chap in the warehouse was rude and ignored me for about 5 mins. All he had to do was look across and say "I'll be with you in a minute". Needs to learn how to treat customers who are not in the trade with a bit of respect and basic manners.
Brooks Timber & Building Supplies Limited is rated 4.45 based on 376 reviews