Brooks Timber & Building Supplies Limited Reviews

of reviewers recommend Brooks Timber & Building Supplies Limited
Ordered an electric shower online, along with some lenghts of timber, the electric shower was delivered but not the timber, mailed Brooks but no reply, phoned them but ws told someone would phone me back but they didn't.
I shop at Brooks Sligo to support local business but some members of the staff are quite cold and make me feel uncomfortable. So I only go to Brooks in case of extreme necessity
When I purchased online on a Friday, I was given the impression that the item was in stock in the Galway branch. When I went to collect on Saturday, it was not in stock. If I had known this I'd have purchased in Caulfield's even though they are charging about €10 more for the same thing. It eventually arrived by courier on the following Wednesday.
Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your feedback.

We ask all click & collect customers to wait until they receive a Ready to Collect email before heading to the branch to collect. We did send a mail to let you know the item ordered was not in stock in your selected branch. We are currently working on improvements on our site so stocks will be more accurate.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Regards

Lorraine
Poor communication around deliveries. Delivery on the day after it was scheduled, with no notice. Delivery 1 item short. Next day 4 items delivered instead of 1. I was promised the three extra items would be collected but they are still sitting in my driveway after a week.
I was disappointed with my transaction. The store in question didn't have what was on the website, but contacted me and we agreed on similar products that they did have in stock. This was fine and I was happy with the communication, etcc. I ordered online and went to collect it the following afternoon. My order hadn't been picked off the shelves at all. A guy on a fork lift had to go and get all my stuff. What's the point in ordering online if this is the case? This made me 20 minutes later than expected which meant that the store was closing. I had to cut some of the lengths of timber so that they would fit in my car. The security guard then started hassling me because he wanted to lock the gate and I was butting my skirting board into shorter lengths. Poor effort. I won't be buying there again.
The 6 doors were delivered fast but one was damaged - I am still following up with them to get a replacement but their response is slow and some emails are unanswered. This is disappointing.
Great idea updating your website with prices, its a fantastic facility, but unfortunately not all aspects of this project have been completed or seen through. The prices online are different to the in store prices (in Cork). When questioned in store they were not able to match the online prices..... so I had to make my order online in my car, select store pick up, then wait for order confirmation, go back into the shop and pick up my receipt to go outside and collect my items... way too overly complicated, a very frustrating client experience due to 1 simple issue... constant pricing, I love the fact that your prices are online, its a great asset to your company, but please get the prices right across online and in store, or at the very least if someone questions price allow the store to match the price.
Quite a few Deck boards that was delivered was fairly warped and unusable. Delivery itself was very good and on time
I ordered several sheets of birch ply for furniture making online. Many of the sheets were were really dirt and covered in foot prints. Be aware ordering online.
Unfortunately ,the cement sand mix product packing was punctured and the mixture had set and is therefore useless. Not very satisfactory . Philip
Brooks Timber & Building Supplies Limited is rated 4.40 based on 124 reviews