Bluefin SUP Reviews

of reviewers recommend Bluefin SUP

About Bluefin SUP:

Bluefin SUP Boards is a family run, Inflatable Paddle Board business based in West Yorkshire, UK. We are a young and innovative team, designing and producing very high end boards which are built to last a lifetime. Feel free to browse our website or contact one of our friend support staff today.

Tell us how Bluefin SUP made you happy
I am very dissatisfied. For a week I have been waiting for my board to be shipped. I am only put off with the fact that UPS is supposed to be to blame because the package is supposedly not picked up by them. If UPS is to blame, then they should just send it with someone else who can do it better, like DHL.
Terrible! The company, not the product. I don’t know how good the product is because they didn’t ship it to me. They took my money a month ago and the board still hasn’t been shipped. I contacted the customer support, but they are making very vague statements which sound like they are trying to blame the delivery company for the delay, but they haven’t actually shipped the board and they don’t want to admit this.
I am not satisfied with this company at all. I purchased my board on 12/07/2020. It’s now 1/8/2021 and told delayed another week but their website states “Currently, we are dispatching your item within 3 working days of your order being placed.” They are intentionally misleading to receive sales.
Absolutely appalling customer service. I can't comment on the board as it never arrived. Placed an order mid August, and had to launch my own investigation with UPS as Bluefin could not be contacted and then I had to raise a claim with paypal as bluefin would not either provide a replacement board (UPS Confirmed they had lost it) or a refund. I dread to think if anyone has any warranty issues to resolve as my experience would rate them zero stars if possible. My own personal opinion would be to tread very carefully with this company as my experience was awful.
I took quite a while choosing my first SUP board. I narrowed my choice down to the Blackfin XL or the Bluefin Cruise Carbon 12. I chose the Bluefin in the end because I 1) Wanted to support a british family owned company. 2) The total package quality and quantity and value. 3) Some extra value from the black friday deals.

I chose the 2019 model Cruise Carbon 12 originally as the changes to the 2020 model were quite small and the older model was an even better price. But I didn't hear anything from Bluefin for a couple of weeks so I contacted them via email. I heard back in a couple of days that they'd had a problem with their system and my order. They'd run out of the 2019 models so gave me a free upgrade to the 2020 model by way of apology without be even asking. It's the way that companies handle when innocent mistakes happen that really sets them apart in my view. The board arrived just before Christmas and I gave it a quick test inflation. It looks brilliant and I can't wait to get out on the water on it.
After buying last summer a board to light for my weight,i read manny positive test results about Bluefin sups . When i then read your christmas deal i did buy the 12 "Bluefin Cruise board . It was send very quickly to my small vilage in the Nederlands . It was a little party to unpack everything and to see how much better it board is then the other one . Im hope spring wil cum soon so i can supp and much bether again .
Appalling! I would like to use bad language here to describe the company that has the very worst customer service on the planet but will probably get filtered. I have already reviewed Bluefin on Google a couple of weeks ago but you cannot write another review unless it is my lack of knowledge. Anyway read my main review under Matt R if you need to but this is a follow up to me returning a damaged and faulty SUP. All I want to say is I really hope you do not have an issue with anything you buy from this company. I sent my SUP back and have since emailed and emailed the company to see when my replacement is coming. They will not take calls (funnily enough they will if you want to buty something) but for EVERYTHING else you can only email and they in this instance are not responding. What do you do? I guess I will be calling smalls claims court to get my money back that is if the company is still up and running. If you think there may be a slight chance of a problem with any of the equipment you purchase from this company do not buy a Bluefin. You will never speak to anyone just rely on the atrocious lack of email communication, put 10 years on your life with stress and have all your hair go grey (and if they do not replace my SUP then blow a lot of money too).
Back in early November, I received an email from bluefin about a $250 off and a free electric pump promotion with a purchase of 12 cruiser board.
I placed my order in mind that I am getting a good deal. My SUP arrived without the electric pump that should have been included in the deal.
I had sent the support team in UK more than a dozen emails providing the snapshot of the free pump promotion email that was sent by Bluefin to validate my claim and I also chatted a few times with the UK support team online and no further ahead with a resolution on when I can get my epump. I was told that they will be investigating and that they will be getting back with me shortly. I live in the USA and I cannot find a contact # to speak to someone locally about this. It has been more than a month and no words on when my epump will arrive. I am really regretting my purchase now and considering returning my order before the return policy deadline or as soon as I get my hands on the company return instruction (nowhere to be found on their website).
Buyer beware, the customer service really sucks for this company. I am really disappointed on how this is being handled and I really wished I purchased from a company here in the US instead.
Buying my 10’8” Cruise from Bluefin has easily been the highlight of an otherwise unusual year. I chose it after thoroughly reviewing other boards and this was handily the most well designed board at an amazing price to boot. I received it just before August and used it just about every week until it was too cold to get on the water. Writing this review with a full season of use under my belt, I can assure you that an SUP is fantastic and Bluefin is a excellent maker. Everything you need to transport and inflate your board is included as well as a kayak kit and a repair kit. The board is solid and packed with nice design features that make your board more practical. Ultimately, experiences like being the only person on a lake while surrounded by fall foliage make this such a worthwhile purchase.
Hi There, We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. Our company values put customer satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our customers.
Bought my first Board a Bluefin 10.8 Cruise at the very end of October . I had tried a few other makes, some twice the price but the Bluefin was far the most stable for me . Absolutely would not buy any other now I have experienced a bluefin board and Also Great quality thanks Bluefin
Hi Kenny, Thank you for giving us a shot, and even more for leaving us this review. Being a small company, reviews like this are super important!
Got my 10.8 cruise end Sept & went straight out on River Cam - amazing to have the freedom of the river. I was so impressed bought my daughter one & again straight out on the River Nene...... in my view these are the best boards on the market & you won’t be disappointed.
Hi Angela, Thank you for leaving such a nice review. We are glad that you and family loved our board(s).
I love my Bluefin 14’ SUP. Worth it, used it so much since I purchased it. It’s as described, very swift and extremely steady too. I manually pin it and it gets me warmed up. Fits into my VW Polo boot no problems. We’ve done some long trips with lots of kit in the two bungy storage sections (1 front and 1 back). I’m 5’ 7” and manage this big board no worries. I definitely recommend. Communication was good. Trustworthy company. Freedom on the water, quick and easy to get on with it!
Hi Ann-Marie, We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. Our company values put customer satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our customers.
Never owned a SUP before. Did a lot of research. Did a few trial lessons too. Decided on Bluefin and have to say I’m delighted with it. It arrived today, pump is awesome and inflated in a few minutes. Looks great too albeit I haven’t been out on it yet, but can’t wait.
Hi Simon, Thank you for giving us a shot, and even more for leaving us this review. Being a small company, reviews like this are super important!
Had my 14 Sprint Carbon for a few months now and my love for it hasn’t dwindled. It’s an awesome board! The twin chambers really do stiffen it up and make it quite solid. I’ve paddled it on rivers, canals, estuaries, lochs and lakes all over the country, and on the sea in calm and choppy conditions. I’m yet to find a place or situation it isn’t good in. I’ve got a 10’8 Cruise Carbon too, but my 14 is easily becoming my go to board. Weather it’s just me, me and kit or another person on it with me, it moves so easily through the water, it really glides well. On flat water I need to paddle less than people on shorter boards to go at the same speed thanks to the way it glides so well. I took it round the country paddling and have more bigger trips planned for this board, both here in the UK and abroad.
If it has one downside, it’s probably the weight. It is heavier than a lot of other boards in its class, thanks to the construction, the twin chamber and the Carbon rails. With it being heavier though it doesn’t get blown around as easily as lighter boards, and the weight is something you get used to fairly quickly as you carry it to and from the water. Would not hesitate to recommend this board for whatever you plan to do, or the Cruise Carbon for that matter, they are both great boards that will give you many many hours of happy paddling, be that messing around at the beach or a longer touring paddle. If you’re looking for a new board you couldn’t do better than one of these, so treat yourself and join the #bluefinsups family 💙🤙
Hi Andy, Thank you for your kind words, feel free to share any pics on Instagram/Facebook and don’t forget to tag us!
Got my Bluefin Cruise 10/8 a few weeks ago been out a couple of times on the canals and I am very impressed it's great quality and very stable need to try the kayak seat which came as part of the package the Bluefin electric pump makes a great addition too I'm very pleased Thanks Bluefin
Hi Stephen, Thank you so much for this 5-star review. We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us
Absolutely loving my 10’8 Cruise. I’m new to paddle boarding this year as I try to overcome my fear of drowning. I feel so stable on this board and being able to get everything I need in one package has made it really easy to get out on it. Great customer service, it arrived within a few days of ordering.
Hi Irene, Thank you for giving us a shot, and even more for leaving us this review. Being a small company, reviews like this are super important!
Received my 14' sprint 2020 after lengthy delays. The customer service team have been brilliant, getting back to me within 48hrs of sending emails and keeping me updated on my order and just being friendly and helpful throughout. I was given a choice of cancelling my order or compensation for the wait (no fault of bluefin) and chose to proceed. Now a happy member of the Bluefin family!
Hi Craig, Thanks for leaving this review. We pride ourselves on our Customer Service so it is great to hear positive feedback. Welcome to our family!
Customer care and updates were fab due to the lengthy delay on the sup I ordered. I was also given great compensation for the repeated delays. It finally arrived the day they said it would. The Aura Fit is a beautiful looking board with plenty of room for me to practise yoga. There's enough room for some trickier positions i.e pigeon posture. There's also plenty of room to fit my daughter on as well. It did however, take me at least 4 attempts to get the board to fit back in it's bag.
Hey Kerry, this is so great to see! Sorry for the initial delays but I'm stoked to see you got your board and that you're loving it. Our bags were designed to be a tight fit. In order to get your SUP into it's bag, imagine stuffing a sleeping bag into its pouch. This takes a little technique, a little finesse and a little patience, but it can be done. ☺
-First ensure that all air has been squeezed gently out of the SUP. A surprising amount can remain after deflation and a gentle rolling and smoothing remedies this.
-For our larger and wider models, be sure that you are folding the 2 sides of the board in to the mid-line before folding or rolling up.
-Roll the SUP up section by section in 1 foot increments.

Hope this helps, but please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
Brilliant board. I ordered the 10.8 and within 5 min another for a friend. Got a bit confusing but customer service “online chat” sorted it out straight away.looking forward to lots of Adventures. Easy to follow instructions. Great size bag to fit everything in. A really great purchase and would recommend to anyone for a first board.
Hi Julie, Thanks for the review. We LOVE seeing your pics! Happy Paddling 🤙
I ordered a 10.8 cruise for my first ever SUP & I absolutely love it! It came with a free waterproof phone case & pump, which I am so grateful for! I particularly like the foot pad, which has a soft grip & is slightly raised at the back which helps me from falling off! It all packs away in the backpack which is great quality. I can't fault the service & the board in any way. Definitely recommend 👌
Hi Hayley, We are so glad to hear that you're enjoying your SUP! Happy paddling!
Bluefin SUP is rated 4.81 based on 837 reviews