Big Furniture Warehouse Reviews

Lyla Warburton
Big Furniture Warehouse 2 star review on 31st May 2019
Stephannie Ryder
More Photos & Videos
They are not fully operational. I purchased a outdoor parasol when it arrived it had been used no screws or nuts and in a shabby state. Said that they would send a courier to collect for a full return but courier never turned up and they ignore any communication you try to have with them. Don’t want this to happen to anyone else.
Item, delivered late, and damaged.
Emailed customer service, promised collection, Monday, then Thursday, still not collected.
No replies to emails, atrocious customer service, wouldn't touch with a barge pole.
Adding insult to injury"a full refund will be given when we have the goods back", be really helpful if you did what you promised and collected the goods.
DONT USE !!!
COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.
Order and Delivery were good, however when opening the item found it to be damaged, appreciate this was a low cost item, but no response at all from customer service after sending e-mail.
I have have purchased 4 items of furniture from you now and have been pleased with them when l have finally received each one however there has always been problems with each item arriving always been weeks after l have paid, the reason l have purchased the last item as it matches the rest it wasn’t delivered on the date you said but l have had an email from you and it should arrive the end of this month therefore l cannot give you a review until l receive it
I have bought a few things from Big Furniture Warehouse and I am very happy with the prices.
Lovely bathroom cabinet. Arrived very quickly and looked amazing in our bathroom.
Firstly, screws were missing which delayed the assembling. All screws within the pack were put together, which should have been split within the steps.

Secondly, after assembling all parts, draws are not fitting suitably and struggle to close, which will become frustrating after a while.
Will probably break in the near future. Draw handles are not the best, would suggest changing it.

Anyone looking for a temporary cheap chest draw with a very good design, choose big furniture store.
If you live up a stair be prepared to lift the furniture with the delivery guy. If building up, the other reviews say 15 minutes. I would say check the length of the bolts because the screws might not be long enough to attach the furniture together, but the staff are happy to order bigger ones! Also the screws to attach the back panel do not want to screw into the mdf strips with an electric drill or manual screw driver. I'm still trying to fix this but the couch looks good
Thank you for taking the time to review your product and our service.

Thank you for advising us about the issues with the bolts - I will be sure to check that our quality control team are aware of this so that the matter can be looked in to internally if not already. Thanks again.

We hope to do business again in the near future.

BFW
Love the chair....shame the material under the chair was damaged. Had to mend it myself. Chair wasn't delivered in the time slot given.
Very disappointed. Item packaging arrived damaged. Item was faulty, drawers would not open correctly. Asked for item to be swapped. Told to find new packaging, dismantle, repackage and return as a direct exchange not possible. Huge amount of time wasted trying to resolve issue. Complete waste of money on substandard shoe cupboard
Hi there,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience that this matter caused you.

Having reviewed the correspondence, we understand that the issue has since been resolved as a part refund was actioned in order to keep the item as it stood as you did not have time to re-box the item and seal so that our courier could collect and exchange.

My apologies for the inconvenience caused.

BFW
Whilst delivery was quick I received the wrong parts with my order and am still waiting at least a week later for replacements and to hear about timeframes for them to be sent, as a result I have a half finished wardrobe which I can't use and will have to pay twice for the work to build it. I can't understand how a single piece of furniture can be sent out with incorrect parts and why when this does happen it isn't treated as a priority delivery. I would find it very hard to recommend Big Furniture Warehouse as things stand.
Hi there,

I am very sorry to read that your item arrived with faulty parts. Having read the email trail, it does look like there was a manufacturing issue which I apologize for.

As the product is a flat packed piece of furniture, the item is mass produced and issues such as this can and do sometimes arise.
I apologize that this happened to you and caused an inconvenience, I can assure you that we never intended for this to happen.

Could you please confirm if this matter has since been resolved and the new parts received without any further issues?

Please get in touch with us so that we can have the matter looked in to further and ensure that the issue is resolved.

BFW
I ordered from them on the basis my order would be delivered January 1st, my order never turned up and then 2 days later I get a email to say because of xmas it’s delayed and they now don’t no when it will be delivered. Without any communication to myself apparently it was delivered on Saturday 5th January but when I arrived home I had no parcel and no card through my door to say who they have given it too. So after emailing the company they tried to say it’s been signed for and I’ve asked for proof of the signature and I still haven’t had it, I’ve emailed 3 times and now they are ignoring me. I want a refund as I have no goods. The service is poor....so do not order from this company!!!!!
Very poor customer service and communication. Couldn’t deliver after paying premium refund took ages. Couldn’t contact anyone in spite of being in working hours.

Happy with item.
My item was not delivered on the date stated I had to ring to check where it was and was told it was lost in transit and would have to re order for me . I wanted it in and built for Christmas which didn’t happen . No offer of a good will gesture for inconvenience from customer service rep was just told out of your hands once out for delivery . Poor service and poor customer service
I called and asked (prior to despatch!) if the items I had purchased were solid pine wood and was told they are. On arrival they were clearly not and the company refused to accept this as a valid reason for a return! Poor quality! Complete waste of my money as I had to return which cost me more than the cost of the products as I was unsatisfied. Awful service! Would never recommend.. save your money and go to a reputable company nearby!!
Hi there,

We are very sorry that you was unhappy with your purchase.

I can confirm that the range that you ordered was a solid pine items, which was confirmed via telephone prior to your purchase.

We did not refuse the return of these products however did advise that it would be for you to return the products at your own cost due to them simply not being to your taste and you feeling that the quality was inferior, as you believed that they were not solid pine products - As advised, the items were as advertised in the fact that they were solid pine products.

Upon return, a full refund was issued back to your original method of payment.

I am very sorry that you was unhappy with your purchase.

BFW
I wouldn't even give it a star. They send me an email that the order was dispatched and in the day of the arrival, after me asking for a tracking number (because the bed wasn't arriving), they told me that the producer had a problem and there's no bed. Spare yourself from all the hustle and don't order from them. I'm pretty sure I even lost the money.
We never received the order. Apparently it was delivered elsewhere? We don't know where and ow are we expected to find this house and collect a large item and somehow carry it home??? When I tried calling - you get through and then it puts you on hold then disconnects you??? How convenient. WIll not be using or recommending this service.
I wasn't thrilled with my unit. The front of the drawer came off and the bottom fell out on the second day of use. I have re-inforsed it and used glue to hold it, but the whole thing doesn't seem to fit in line so it looks a bit rubbish.
I wish I had spent a bit more and got something better, but the reviews online were quite good so I bought it.
I bought a 'deuxe' shoe cabinet expecting it to be decent quality however the panels split on screwing together and one of the drawers has completely fallen apart after only 5 days.... terrible.
Big Furniture Warehouse is rated 3.94 based on 401 reviews