Big Furniture Warehouse Reviews

76% of reviewers recommend Big Furniture Warehouse

Tell us how Big Furniture Warehouse made you happy

"They need to change their delivery company, half my sofa arrived a few days late and the second half wasn’t delivered for another 12 days."
Hi there,

We are extremely sorry that you have had such a negative experience with the third party courier service that we use.

Please be assured that you feedback will be passed on to our courier account manager who can assess the matter further.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

BFW
"would never order again our box came broken screws missing and furniture was scratched."
"Do not use this company. Also advetise on ebay, dont deliver on time, package came damaged, not exagerating worst conditioned packaging ive ever seen. All panels of an otterman damaged. No urgency to replace. Expected to wait in 8am to 8pm to collect damaged items, wont refund until damaged items are returned, so cannot go elsewhere. Then the customer service responses were awful. Stay away honestly."
"Very poor, do not deal with this company. They made several promises around delivery dates but did not deliver the item, claimed to have made four 'attempts'. On one occasion I was literally stood outside the front of the property when they claimed to have attended and nobody was there. When pressed the delivery company could not provide details of what the front of the property looked like suggesting they were not in fact there. After cancellation a week later they then attempted to deliver the item without informing me. The company then tried to get out of paying a refund, either claiming the 'person why dealt with refunds' was 'not there' or blaming third parties. Accounts from the company staff were internally inconsistent and I got the impression they were simply trying to fob me off. Thankfully I had PayPal buyer protection, I would use this as a minimum to protect yourself if you have no choice but to deal with this company. Even then they did try to run the clock down, falling back on a seemingly endless string of excuses to try and avoid processing a refund. Throughout the process I was accused of lying and being abusive for trying to get a refund, belittled and made to feel like the incident was my fault. The overwhelming impression I got was that company staff just wanted me to shut up and go away."
"Shocking customer service from this poor excuse of a company!! Waited in all day for my delivery after taking day off work to be told by the delivery driver my order wasn’t on the van and he would have to return. Called to rearrange and was advised my items were not delivered as I was not home which was a lie. When my order was finally delivered half of it was missing so had to chase again. What did arrive was absolutely disgusting!! I ordered a king size mattress to receive a mouldy stained ridiculous excuse of a double mattress that was about 2cm thick how they advertise it as a mattress I don’t know! Had to email to request a refund as the wrong item delivered that was also in a poor condition. After receiving photo evidence of what I had been sent I was advised this company don’t collect mattresses for return and that I would have to dispose of this myself! Absolutely shocking response considering they are fully aware I am currently heavily pregnant. Then have the cheek to ask whether I want my original item sending to me or whether I would like a refund. Yes the prices are cheap for what they sell but the customer service is shockingly bad when anything goes wrong and I would not recommend this company to anyone at all!"
Hi there,

We are truly very sorry to read that you have had such issues and apologize for the inconvenience that this matter has caused you.

We have never had this particular experience occur before and can assure you that we will be doing everything in our power to ensure that such issues do not arise again.

After having reviewed the images, it was decided to simply issue a full refund without the need for you to return the item - This was so that you did not have to wait for the courier due to you having had issues with the previously - The last thing that we wanted to occur was for you to have further courier problems which is why we offered to fully refund without the need to return.

We are truly very sorry for the poor experience that you have faced and for the inconvenience that this caused you.

BFW
"I borth two chest of draws and i wont be buying from them again. Ive send them back the following day. The chest of draw was small and uneven . The company came to collect the chest of draws and made the payment as soon as it got to the warehouse."
Hi there,

We are terribly sorry that you received a faulty item.

Due to selling mass produced items, sometimes such issues can occur and please be assured that we never intended for this to happen.

We offered to rectify the issue however you understandably did not wish to proceed and simply wanted a return for refund, which we arranged free of charge and fully refunded upon return quickly.

My apologies for the initial issues that occurred and for any inconvenience caused.

BFW
"Avoid like the plague, shocking customer service, delivery service a joke, waited in for three days, lie after lie, offered £10 compensation, buy from elsewhere even if more expensive."
"Absolute joke of a company who will not be doing anything about it anytime soon and do not take any responsibility. They lie about when you’ll get your order, their return policy is shocking whereby you have to arrange a courier yourself and pay for it and then once at the warehouse they will decide if they will refund you. The courier from the service they use was so rude that he used the ‘f’ word. Their customer service staff try to argue with you rather than accept liability and other responses to reviews below clearly show that whether they are arguing with you on the phone or responding to an email they have dire customer service skills. Not to mention, you’ll be lucky to get a reply if you email them and then they’ll conveniently tell you they didn’t receive it! When you ask them about making a complaint they’ll tell you that it’ll come through to them and they will deal with it!!! How very reassuring that after all that it’s like a 360 circle. Ironically, they will even ask for your email address to apparently check authenticity of your review! It’s more to do with them trying to check your order to see where they can blame the customer again. Not to mention they do not give you any alternative boxes to use for the other questions and expect you to pick an answer that you don’t want, hence, I have left out answering some questions. Stick to the real organisations where you get treated as a valid customer and don’t waste your time with this horrendous place as it’s not worth the headache. I will never be ordering from this place again nor will I ever recommend them."
"Please Avoid This Company! They failed on every level after ordering on ebay, first off they sent out the wrong sized headboard for my King Sized Bed, which the delivery company handed to me out on the street, and wouldn't even help me with the 3 heavy boxes to my door. The delivery driver didn't even know what I had ordered, I had to tell him as he passed me the boxes off the back of his van. They then failed to re-collect the wrong sized headboard and took 1 week to deliver the correct headboard, I then set up the bed to realise the new headboard was faulty, I sent a video of the fault to the company and they said it wasn't faulty. So apparently their beds are supposed to squeak and creek when touched with lose parts in the headboard. If you order and leave them a bad review they will bribe you to change the review! They offered me a mere 10% money back, even after I lost close to 5 times the value of the bed in lost earnings, waiting for deliveries and false promises that never materialised. They offered to send me another headboard, but really? could I expect any better the 3rd time around? After previously telling me the delivery company would not recollect the incorrect headboard, leaving me to ring a charity to collect it in my own time. I sent multiple emails to the company and was still left feeling like I was to blame for their shocking customer service and poor quality deliveries, I took multiple days off work waiting for the company to delivery on days they did not show up. The overall products sent were either faulty or the wrong size, they are reluctant to issue refunds or fair compensation for the time and money I wasted sorting out their mess. For the Management- -Find a new delivery service -Hire more staff to deal with complaints, you are lucky to get a reply in 24 hours to emails. And retrain your staff with the age old principle of 'The Customer Is Always Right' I was made to feel like a liar. -Do not bribe customers who leave poor feedback on websites, I was offered money but turned it down as it was a laughable amount compared to what I had lost, and it simply isn't fair on customers who want accurate feedback. -Quality check your products, make sure you are sending out the correct orders and they are not faulty. -Directly email your customers Tracking information for the delivery, the delivery company emails go into your spam folder. Please Avoid this company, If you have a bad experience leave a bad review and when they offer you money to change it please tell them where to go!"
"Really bad quality furniture"
Hi there,

I am very sorry that you feel this way.

We have dealt with this matter and after reviewing the images, we concluded that this was in fact courier damage which the courier have accepted. We have since rectified the matter for you by which you agreed to a part refund to keep the item as it stood.

I apologize that the item was damaged upon arrival however am glad that we have since managed to resolve this matter for you.

BFW
"I’d give no stars if possible, without going into too much detail; chairs were faulty and customer services was appalling and untrustworthy. In the end I gave up, put the chairs in the bin, accepted that id been ripped off and put it down to experience. If you buy cheap, you sometimes get rubbish!"
Hi there,

I am very sorry to read this.

We did offer an exchange however a case was opened against us via Paypal which indicated a return for refund.

We adhered to both a return for refund which we accepted via Paypal but also confirmed via emails that if you preferred to exchange, we could do so however the case would need to be closed as it was a different outcome to the claim.

We did respond to your messages however had started to receive no replies.

I apologize that you had initial issues however we really have tried to help as best we can in this instance.

BFW
"This company delivered my item to a neighbour at an address 350 miles away despite me emailing them within an hour of purchase on EBay after realising the wrong address was on the order. They ignored this. They have £109 of my money and won’t accept that they should have responded more quickly to my email Therefore I am £109 out of pocket and I have no item. Disgracefully unsympathetic- do not trust them!"
Hi there,

I am very sorry that you input the incorrect address on your eBay order.

As per eBays policies, once an order is placed we have to ship to the address provided and therefore cannot change the delivery address.

With the above in mind, the goods were shipped to the address provided on the order.

We received your messages after the goods had been shipped from our warehouse therefore at this stage we was unable to cancel the order as it was in transit to the delivery address you provided to us.

I apologize that we was physically unable to change the address when the item was out for delivery to the address we was provided with on your order.

Carrie
"Lovely furniture but one of the draws came broken and I was unable to contact anybody regarding this."
Hi there,

I am very sorry to read that one of the drawers came broken and that you was unable to contact us.

If you could email us on: customerservices@bigfurniturewarehouse.com advising the part number/letter from the assembly instructions for the damaged panel, we will gladly assist in having this part replaced for you.

We do have a contact us page on our website but also our direct contact number. We also send generic messages to our customers with updates on their orders which can be replied too - Could you let me know which of these methods you tried using to reach us?

I apologize again for this.

BFW
"Ordered before 12noon for a next day delivery but you claimed the payment had not gone through despite it leaving my Paypal account at around 11.30am Therefore you could not deliver when I needed so I had to phone to get my money refunded and to cancel the order. Not great."
Hi there,

We apologize that your payment did not reach us in time to qualify for next day delivery.

We understand that this may well have been some form of technical glitch within the system and can only apologize that this happened to you.

BFW
"I bought a shelving unit and storage boxes to go with it. However the shelf was out of stock and the company was unable to fulfil my order but proceeded to send the boxes anyway. Of course these were useless to me without the shelf itself. Trying to return and get a refund for these was a long and painful process. I had to send tens on emails and courier collection had to be arranged several times as I didn’t have the facility to print a return label. I also had to wait in all day for this courier which was a great inconvenience. All in all it was a huge waste of my time and a very poor customer service. All for some boxes worth £12. Just astonishing. Would not use again."
Hi there,

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience that this matter has caused you.

We have looked in to this case further and understand the errors which occurred and have new processes in place to stop this from occurring in the future.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this matter caused you.

BFW
"Very disappointed. Item packaging arrived damaged. Item was faulty, drawers would not open correctly. Asked for item to be swapped. Told to find new packaging, dismantle, repackage and return as a direct exchange not possible. Huge amount of time wasted trying to resolve issue. Complete waste of money on substandard shoe cupboard"
Hi there,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience that this matter caused you.

Having reviewed the correspondence, we understand that the issue has since been resolved as a part refund was actioned in order to keep the item as it stood as you did not have time to re-box the item and seal so that our courier could collect and exchange.

My apologies for the inconvenience caused.

BFW
"I ordered from them on the basis my order would be delivered January 1st, my order never turned up and then 2 days later I get a email to say because of xmas it’s delayed and they now don’t no when it will be delivered. Without any communication to myself apparently it was delivered on Saturday 5th January but when I arrived home I had no parcel and no card through my door to say who they have given it too. So after emailing the company they tried to say it’s been signed for and I’ve asked for proof of the signature and I still haven’t had it, I’ve emailed 3 times and now they are ignoring me. I want a refund as I have no goods. The service is poor....so do not order from this company!!!!!"
"My order took over two weeks to arrive and then when it did there was parts missing!"
"Item delivered 2 days late, told conflicting answers over the phone with regards to refund. Very disappointed"
"Very poor customer service and communication. Couldn’t deliver after paying premium refund took ages. Couldn’t contact anyone in spite of being in working hours. Happy with item."
Big Furniture Warehouse is rated 4.08 based on 266 reviews