BIBO Water Reviews

Joby Philip
BIBO Water 5 star review on 18th November 2020
BIBO Water 5 star review on 7th November 2020
Karen Fowler
I'm yet to receive an email from yourselves about when the machine will arrive and when an engineer will contact us. However you took the money out of my bank account on the 6 April, yet no one has been in touch.
Hi Rachel, thanks for you feedback. Our technical partners called and emailed you to ascertain your availability on 29th March and your installation is booked within the 7-10 working day timeframe! :)
Main review can be seen on Trust Pilot, as requested this is a short summary of my experience, Bibo hot water gives tea and coffee an unpleasant taste so that they are basically undrinkable. Apart from the taste the cold water is not cold enough, the lower limit of 4° produces a tepid drinking experience. Food boiled in Bibo water impairs the flavour. Only use now is for things like boiling eggs. Have reluctantly gone back to the use of fridge filtered water. Disappointed, was looking forward to having fresh, pure filtered water on tap.
Hi Alan, thanks very much for your feedback. The BIBO produces really great tasting water so if you are experiencing a taste taint then please do let us know so we can look at getting this resolved! The BIBO cold water temperature goes as low as 4 degrees which is as cold as your fridge - again if you don't think your BIBO is getting cold enough we would like to look at this for you!!
The machine started to leak hot water heavily after 11 months of use. To fix it, I ordered a descaling kit on March 3rd, they said it is arriving at the end of June. That's rather poor.
Hi there, thanks for your feedback. The cleaning kit you ordered is being dispatched W/C 29th March, so i'm not sure why you were advised delivery in June!
We signed up to the bibo service package and the first time we needed the filters sending we are told they don’t have them in stock. This is despite taking our £110 for the privilege. Ok we got an email telling us this. But it’s not the point and I acceptable to take our money then say we will send them when they come in. When is this ? We have had no clarity on this. Not great and bitterly disappointed.
Thanks for your message, Jared. We are always very open and transparent with our customers and unfortunately, due to the international shipping crsis we had a slight delay on our delivery. We we offering refunds of the orders at the time :)
Bibo machine is fine, but the process you have to go through to purchase filters is ridiculous. Ordering a filter requires setting up a direct debit - why?
Hi there, thanks for your feedback! There are two ways to purchase the filter packs. You can either be on our handy automatic delivery subscription service (which saves you 20%!) or you can purchase the filter packs by credit/debit card on an ad-hoc basis. The subscription service is an automatic payment each year to ensure you receive the maintenance consumables when you need them!
Love the water and Bibo, but had problems with the hot water tank cleaner. The filter has a cap which is supposed to be removed by an allan key, but the key doesn’t fit the hole properly. After trying for several minutes the cap just sheered off and I couldn’t get it open.
Delivery was very slow. It took 8 days after setting up a filter subscription to receiving the filters by courier.
I bought this machine last November for our new office on the recommendation of our office fit out company. I have to say that I am never completely convinced that the hot water is hot enough to make a nice cup of tea, and you only get about 2 cups out of it before you need to wait for it to reboil. It is OK, but I do miss proper hot water from a kettle.
Hi Karl, Thanks for your feedback. The BIBO is absolutely perfect for a small office environment and should definitely be just as hot as the water from your kettle! It should also definitely make more than two cups of hot drinks in one go. Could you please call us on 01993 880287 so we can ensure all of the settings are correct and arrange a visit if necessary! :)
My BIBO is leaking for the second time and I haven't even had it for a year yet. I was told it was the filter that was causing it and so requested a new one which I was charged for. Replaced it and still leaks. No-one has got back to me regarding an engineer call out. Machine is good, when it isn't leaking.
we have had a Bibo in our work place now for about 2 years, it started off ok but now if you want to make a hot drink you get not boiling water but a scummy bubbling top cup of tea or coffee, which looks terrible. would not have one of these at home if you paid me to have one
Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear you are disappointed with the quality of your water. The BIBO needs descaling every 6 months in order to combat symptoms related to lime scale accumulation. This is imperative in the regular care and maintenance of your BIBO to maintain the quality of your hot drinks, particularly in hard water areas. It appears from our records that your BIBO hasn't been descaled for well over a year so I would recommend purchasing our refill solution to resolve your symptoms! :)
Had my Bibo for nearly four years. De-scaled it three times and each time there followed a leak which meant Bibo fitter appointments plus parts. This year was advised that I needed a new hot tank to be fitted - costing £128. Only myself using the Bibo, so is hardly overworked and I don't use the hot water for cooking. Annual cost of filters and UV lamp is £77.50 + 2 Descalers £66 (was told it should have been descaled twice a year though says annually on website). Makes this machine non-economical to run. Total cost for machine/sundries/repairs over less than 4 years = £800. £213 p,a, I have now abandoned it due to the further cost of repair. Who knows if another leak will occur on the next de-scale or whatever. However, on the plus side I will miss the cold filter water and instant hot drinks.
Thank you for your review Maureen & I’m sorry to hear your BIBO has been causing you some trouble. Like any home appliance, your BIBO needs to be cared for to ensure it works to its full potential. The hot tank in your BIBO should ideally be cleaned every 6-9 months to make sure any lime scale build-up is prevented and cleared and we regularly e-mail our customers a reminder of this. The typical cost of cleaning is £19.99 per year or just 5p per day based on our current prices. You bought your BIBO in November 2012 and you bought your first hot tank cleaning kit in January 2015 so it’s likely that the reason your drip tray overflows is due to the build up of scale in the tank over the first 2 years which now even regular cleaning will not be able to remove. The best way to resolve this once and for all is to replace the hot tank then to clean it regularly. We can arrange for a technician to replace the tank for you. The only other cost of owning a BIBO is buying an annual replacement filter pack and I’m delighted you have chosen our Filter Pack Delivery Service and enjoy the >20% saving this represents. This service costs £77.50 per year or 21p per day. It looks as though your calculation of the cost of ownership is more than you have actually spent over 4 years and we will send you a breakdown of this to help put your mind at rest. We really do not want you to abandon your BIBO, and we will call you to agree the best way forward. Thank you again
Mt Bibo started dripping not only from the outlet but alos the pipe at the bottom. Apparently this requires a clean. I ordered a cleaning kit which was originally sent to my home address not my work as requested so I ended up having to collect it from Halfords. I could then not unscrew the stopper in the top of the cleaning cylinder using the key provided. A replacement was sent pre-loosened. After cleaning the leakage is worse if anything so I shall have to try this again as a new tank is not included under the warranty.. As I have the UV light and filters delivered automatically it would be nice if the cleaning solution could be included with this.
Wouldn't buy a BIBO again. Wasn't told that in addition to filters, there was also a need to purchase cleaning solutions yearly at a further cost of up to £40. After buying the solution recently due to the BIBO leaking, there was no instructions sent. I emailed BIBO for instructions but while waiting for a reply looked online and carried out the procedure as shown, as I needed to stop the water dripping constantly. NOWHERE on the web-site did it say leave the solution in the tank for 8 hours, so when I finally received the emailed instructions I felt as if I'd wasted £19.95. This machine has far too expensive running costs.
Hi Mariana, thanks for your feedback and I am sorry you feel the machine has expensive running costs. Once you have purchased the cleaning kit you then only need to purchase the refill solutions yearly. This solution is £19.99. I am sorry that instructions were not sent with your cleaning solution but the full cleaning instructions on our website advise of the 8 hour process here: http://www.bibowater.co.uk/descale/.
Our filter needed changing days before we actually received the filter
Hi, we are very sorry that you received your filters after your change date. We do strive to ensure all our customers receive their filters a few weeks before they are due. I have now amended the dates on your record to ensure next year you will receive them in time.
BIBO Water is rated 4.63 based on 610 reviews