BasketsGalore Reviews

About BasketsGalore:

Gift Baskets & Hampers For All Occasions Delivered Next Day

442038651714

info@basketsgalore.co.uk

Tell us how BasketsGalore made you happy
I ordered a gift basket for my sister in laws birthday and choose the delivery date so that it would arrive on her birthday. Unfortunately baskets galore dispatched the order early and it actually arrived a week earlier than it should have. You shouldn't have the option to choose a delivery date, if it is not even going to be listened too.
Hi Renee, Thank you for your comments. We were sorry to hear your gift basket was delivered early. Currently we operate a weekly delivery schedule and so your order arrives on or before the Friday date you select at checkout. Your delivery window was originally15th-19th March, but unfortunately your order shipped slightly early with all the Mother's Day orders going out that day. We sincerely apologise for this case of human error at an incredibly busy time. It is never our intention to disappoint. As there was nothing perishable if the selected gift basket, we hope your sister in law enjoyed it in the lead up to her birthday. Kind regards, Chloe @ BG
When I ordered the hamper I was given a choice for delivery dates. I picked the 18th Dec slot and have received an email today telling me it is being delivered today. I don't understand why you offer a choice when you deliver at your convenience.
Hi Kim, It is with regret we learn of your disappointment due to the basket arriving 3 days earlier than you anticipated. We have been very careful to explain in our "Covid Customer Announcement" banner across the top of every page of our website, that exact date delivery was not possible this year. Please see extract below: BasketsGalore Customer Announcement - Covid 19 CHRISTMAS HAMPERS & DAILY GIFT BASKET SCHEDULES (Covid19 Impact) Update 1st December 2020 Thank you to all our customers past and present for their continued support of our business. It has been a challenging year for all of us. We are working continuously to achieve two things for our customers during lockdown. We will continue to provide a Gift Basket Service for all Non Christmas Occasions. We will attempt to operate as normal a Christmas Hamper Manufacturing Operation as is humanly possible. THERE ARE NO EXACT PREFERRED DELIVERY DATES OR TIMES. The reason for this schedule is due to pressures on the delivery network and our operational system of managing exceptional volumes. If you require an exact delivery date, please don’t order. If our dispatch schedule does not suit, then once again please don’t order. I trust this explains our position more clearly. Thank you very much for your understanding. Kind regards, Lauren
I was overall happy with the process of choosing and paying for my two baskets,though they were delivered some time before i expected them. I was however extreemly dissapointed and frustrated that they were delivered to the wrong recipients, this is unforgivable.
I purchased a hamper online and was then told that you could not process the order, as I did not have a local number for the receiver of my gift. Apparently the phone number I provided could not be entered on the UPS system. I did however make my Hamper purchase successfully with Gifts.ie who shipped the hamper within 2 days via DHL. I am still waiting for my refund.
This order has not been delivered as yet.
Didn’t make me that happy really. You need to make it clearer upfront on placing the order that the recipient may be subject to customs charges in order to receive their gift in non EU countries. (Norway) I suspect my relatives did not appreciate receiving a letter from Customs via UPS, some weeks after they had taken delivery of the goods, demanding payment of the equivalent of some 30 pounds sterling. It does not appear that I was shown as the consignor nor that the goods were categorised as a gift. They had no option but to pay. What a slap in the face for Christmas.
My gift arrived but the card l added did not . Hence my brother had no idea who the gift was from !
Ordered basket on Saturday 24th August. Shipped on Thursday 29th. Not finally delivered until 2nd September. Intended for 30th August. Delays in both despatch AND delivery, by the looks of it. I don't think I'll be using you again.
Hi Peter, I would like to assure you that there was no delay in dispatch. Delivery was made later than anticipated because no-one was at home on the nominated delivery date. Your order was dispatched on Thursday 29th via an overnight courier service, and delivery was attempted on Friday 30th. Unfortunately no-one was at home. The parcel was returned to depot, and a new delivery attempt was made on the next available working day, Monday 2nd. These delivery tracking details can be viewed via your account, and also in the dispatch notification which was emailed on Thursday 29th We apologise for any disappointment caused, but trust you will appreciate that we attempted delivery on the date instructed. I see that you have ordered from us for several years, and have therefore been happy with the delivery service provided in the past. We very much hope that we haven't lost your goodwill over something beyond our control. Thank you very much for your feedback. I trust my explanation makes events clearer, and I very much hope we can be of service to you in the future. We are always at hand to help, advise or make recommendations via live chat, email or phone. Please never hesitate to get in touch - we are here to assist. Kind regards, Lauren
I ordered an Australian selection , my father informs me he got an Irish basket, maybe you had run out of Australian baskets, if so I would liked to have been informed. Thank you
Hi Tony, Thank you very much for your review. I'm very sorry, as there seems to be some confusion. The Basket you ordered was themed "Australian" due to the wine component. The cheeses etc.. are from local producers here in the UK and Ireland. The list of contents is broken down by item, and are not advertised as Australian foods. I can assure you that the contents were not changed, and we had not run out. We have added an additional sentence to the short description of this product to hopefully make this completely clear. I apologise again. I trust your Father enjoyed the wine and the foods which were chosen to compliment it's flavours. We will certainly look into sourcing Australian made food products based on your feedback. Kind regards, Lauren, Customer Services
Delivery was not made on the requested day (Friday), nor did the courier phone the given mobile phone number to ascertain access to the property. The advice we received said "attempted delivery at a certain time" which was not true as someone was at home at that time. The hamper was delivered 3 days later (Monday). Hopefully the contents of the hamper will make up for the poor delivery system, and "Poor" will become "Good".
They didn't. Had problem with website trying to send to 2 different addresses, contacted you by email, received a response that said they would call me but never did. I finally called you and was told I could not place order over phone in time for Christmas delivery. Went to website, finally was able to list 2 different addresses, but no delivery until 12/27. Very disappointed.
Not happy. Order # BGUK148324 should have been delivered Dec 20th. Was not received.
Hi Audrey, Your gift basket is scheduled for delivery today 21st December: We are sorry we were unable to meet your requested delivery date of yesterday 20th. We do try to explain that exact delivery dates in December aren't always possible, and that delivery may be a day either side due to the very high volumes of packages travelling through the delivery networks. We trust it will be received today and enjoyed by the end receivers. Kind regards, Customer Services Dept.
Baskets Galore actually made me quite unhappy, and rather anxious. At 12:55pm GMT today, I received an email message confirming that the package had been delivered. When I asked the recipient if he had received it (hotel guest), he checked with the front desk at the end of his business day and nothing had arrived by 7pm GMT. When I called the hotel at 10pm GMT, the front desk indicated that the parcel had just been delivered. Ten o'clock at night. After the guest had turned in for the evening. Now that makes for an untimely delivery of tomorrow, Nov 28 rather than the planned and paid for Nov 27. Unacceptable. I will not be recommending your company based on the unreliability of your courier service.
Hi Angela. As discussed we have emailed a proof of delivery from the courier company showing that delivery was made at 10.44 in the morning. We have investigated at this end and spoken with hotel staff. Packages are signed for the the concierge and placed in a store room. They apologised and said it may been a case of miscommunication amongst different staff members working various shift patterns. I am very sorry for any disappointment caused, but trust you will understand this was something over which we had no control. Kind regards, Lauren, Customer Services.
I ordered the Easter bunny basket and it didn’t come with what was advertised? No balloon also and came with a duck cuddly toy than an easter bunny.
Hi Jennifer. We're sorry about the stick balloon. As you know your order was placed too late for Easter and wasn't able to be delivered until after. Stocks of the small Easter balloons had dropped to zero by this point. As an Easter themed balloon can't be replaced with an alternative - rather than disappoint - we upgraded the soft toy to a GUND fuzzy duck, which is double in both size and value. We also included a box of complimentary chocolate waffles. We mistakenly thought these upgrades would compensate for the small balloon, and for this we apologise. Kind regards, Lauren Customer Services.
Billng issues
I asked for the basket to be delivered on the 18th and it arrived on the 17th. It had "to be opened immediately" on the box when it was for a Christmas present, so the surprize was taken out of it. I had not asked for that to be put on it. Was disappointed on both counts.
Not impressed with your website! I was ordering yesterday evening and a 'chat box' kept appearing without an obvious way to get rid of it on my iPad. Eventually I decided to ask a question but it took some time for me to notice that while there was no reply, there was now a message in the title box to say the chat service was closed. What a waste of time and still the chat box kept covering some of the basket options we were trying to see. Quite sure your web designer can improve this. Now I just hope the basket arrives in Germany soonest
Dear John, We are very sorry for the frustrations you experienced with our website. Our brand new, much improved site will launch early 2018. We do recognise that features such as the live chat facility have limitations on smaller screen resolutions. We're delighted to report your Gift Basket was delivered to Germany on a next day basis. We trust it was well received by the recipients. We hope to welcome you back in 2018 to critique placing an order on our new website. We'd appreciate your feedback, as we continue in our quest to grow our family run business, and keep on improving the shopping experience for our loyal customers. Kind regards, Lauren
Very disappointed having ordered a Mother's Day Basket to find it was not delivered to my mother in Dublin for mother's day. On going into my Irish Gourmet account I found the item was still in my basket - this was strange as I had paid by PayPal. However I thought it might have been my error and on rechecking noticed I hadn't had a confirmation email. I then checked out and paid from my PayPal account and logged out. Going in again I noticed the item was showing as in my basket even though nothing on your site showed the transaction as failed. I repeated the checkout procedure with PayPal with the same result. I then checked out using a credit card and my basket cleared and I received the confirmation email that the basket would be delivered on 28 March, which has happened successfully. There was no issue with PayPal which I have used for other transactions recently and it is bad that your system didn't tell customers that YOUR PayPal link was not working resulting in disappointment and embarrassment on Mother's Day deliveries.
Hi David. We are sorry you experienced problems ordering via Paypal. There doesn't appear to be an issue at our end, as we received many successful orders that day. I am not sure what wrong, but as you say you didn't receive an automated order receipt which would indicate if an order had been successful or not. We can only apologise that we were unable to tell you it hadn't worked, our system doesn't show failed Paypal transactions. We are pleased you managed to place an order in the end. We would be happy to telephone your Mum and explain the circumstances. We will contact you privately to see if this is something you would like to do. Kind regards, Customer Services.
As i said in the email. My family just received the gift basket and they were very disappointed with it. The quantity of the fruits was very very little and the passion fruit wasn't fresh. We expected more since we paid £45 for the basket.
Hi Kushan, thank you for your comments. We are very sorry we failed to meet your expectations and will be in contact with you shortly to discuss further.
Did not receive an email to confirm that hamper was on its way for delivery. When I phoned they said there was no tracking on system and that someone would ring/ email me with update. I phoned again at 4.50 pm and was told parcel had been delivered an hour ago! Still no email to confirm. Finally managed to track down parcel, it was delivered to a loading bay at far end of building not to the reception desk as promised. The hamper basket was small and half the food is in a separate cardboard box, this was not clear from description. Did not look very nice as a result. Have not had feedback on quality of food, this is meant to be a gift and I have to wait to hear from recipient.
Hi Rema. We received your order yesterday. It was delivered this afternoon. We are sorry the tracking info. has been slower than normal to populate, this is a result of the huge number of packages going through the delivery networks so close to Xmas. The delivery address was a hospital. Courier companies have restricted access. We do explain this on our delivery page. This particular Basket contains a large Christmas Ham and smoked salmon, and as such it is necessary to ship it with an attractive gourmet chiller box. This sits alongside the gift wrapped Wicker Basket which is filled with the selection of ambient foods. We invest heavily in the presentational impact of our Gift Baskets, and trust you will appreciate the logistics,and thought that must go into shipping fresh foods. We have absolutely no doubt that the recipient will be delighted by the quality of the foods contained within. Whilst we are disappointed by your review, we thank you for your feedback, and the opportunity to address the points you have raised. Wishing you a lovely Christmas. Lauren, Customer Services.
BasketsGalore is rated 4.72 based on 2,796 reviews