Arridge Garage Doors Reviews

Eric Carter
Arridge Garage Doors 5 star review on 4th August 2020
Colin Greveson
More Photos & Videos
I received my door with a manual lever that could only be used if I stood on a ladder.Six weeks ago I was promised it would be sorted but I am still waiting.I would never buy another of these doors. I don't blame Arridge, I blame the manufacturers.They must think that a person who orders a 3.2 metre high door must be about 8 foot tall.He would need to be to use the lever supplied.
I have been waiting for the door to be made water tight ever since it was fitted and the weather we have had lately means nearly everyday my wife has to mop it out sorry i can not be more up beat M J SHORT
I have a Carteck, side-hinged single garage door, supplied by Arridge Garage Doors and installed by an independent door fitter, contracted through them.

I was grateful to Mark & Bob at Arridge who spent quite a bit of time with me prior to finalising the order, giving me lots of information and answering questions about the possibilities whilst being fit for purpose.

The driveway slopes down towards the garage slightly so it was advised by the fitter when he came to conduct the survey, that he would built up the threshold on the door, in addition to the manufacturers one, so that both doors could open fully.

The door was installed at the end of December 2015, looks great and included all the features as designed (three vertical windows, multipoint locking). However, literally the day after it was fitted, I noticed wet spots appearing on the floor inside the garage. I raised this with the fitter and with Arridge directly, only to be informed that there was nothing they could do to ensure it was water-tight. My main concern with this is the entire door is sitting on a wooden threshold, which doesn't appear to be treated for damp and if the water penetration continues, will rot and at some point be an issue.

Given the overall cost of this door, I was expecting an upgrade to the previous door, not the introduction of a damp problem, which will effect the ongoing condition of both the garage and the new door.
Arridge Garage Doors is rated 4.83 based on 421 reviews