Arridge Garage Doors Reviews

Eric Carter
Arridge Garage Doors 5 star review on 4th August 2020
Colin Greveson
More Photos & Videos
My recently fitted garage door is just ok but I’m disappointed with the final fit of it. The right hand bottom corner doesn’t fit properly to the frame leaving quite a gap and I’m fearful of vermin coming into the garage I really could do with something being done about it.
I am generally pleased with my Alutech Garage Door. However, I was concerned that the door was not sealing properly and made an arrangement with Jeff Darlington to visit to check the door about two weeks after installation. We stayed in on the day chosen but Jeff did not arrive - I called him several times over the following week but he didn`t return my calls so I called Bob at Arridge Doors and sent photos of my door and spoke to him about my concerns and followed this conversation up when I heard no more. The conclusion eventually seemed to be that there was nothing further that could be done. Whilst the seal is fairly good I`m left with the definite impression that once the door was installed and paid for then Arridge lost interest in any further service - which was rather disappointing given that I had spent around £2500 with the company.
Geoff Lloyd
We ordered the Fort Door Georgian side hinged door, 2/3 1/3, white, which had to be
made to measure. The manufacture cost was very reasonable as was the fitting cost. Minor damage was found to the 2/3 door after fitting and a claim was made via Arridge on the manufacturers guarantee. This was straight forward enough. The fitter arrived four weeks later with the wrong size door and then arrived four weeks after that and fitted the correct size door. We're very pleased with the doors despite the long wait for the end result. We cannot answer most of the questions below because of the differing time scales involved.
Full marks to sales for being helpful and informative, no pressure.
Loose some marks for delivery - did not arrive when arranged, stayed in all day to assist , no phone call until i contacted them next day, lucky i was able to be at home next day.
Loose some marks for installation - at survey to check sizes was advised installer would be in loop regarding delivery and would fit doors within a couple of days. In fact it became 5 days which would have been longer had i not volunteered to assist because a colleague was unable to attend. After install i noticed excessive movement of one of the hinge bearings which was not carrying any weight, installer unable to remedy since no adjustment in hinge. For a few pounds i bought and fitted some shims to eliminate play which allowed the hinge to provide support and also prevent any rain ingress.
Overall i do like the quality and the design of the doors, particularly the adjustable door stays and the espagnolette. It's been a few months now since installing and with some of the bad weather it has proven to be a good investment.
Arridge are not proactive. I had to do all the chasing to establish a delivery date and a fitting date. Their fitter was a nightmare to contact and to deal with. When the door was delivered I had to help to unload it, as it was a driver only delivery.
However, the door is good quality and performing well.
Website – useful and informative
Quotation in response to my initial enquiry – good recommendation to meet requirements; however, labour and installation costs were misleading – the costs of VAT and of installing a power outlet were not included at the outset.
Subsequent photos of the inside of the garage (sent on 8 November) should have rung alarm bells about the proximity of electrical equipment and prompted a request to the fitter to pay special attention to this during the survey.
Survey – confirmed the size of door but failed to identify the unsuitability of a sectional door because of the greatly reduced access to the electrical consumer unit which would result. In view of this the cost of the survey is difficult to justify.
Delivery – on time but the driver wasn’t able to negotiate the turn in the driveway because of the size of his van; he had no hand truck which meant he and I were faced with carrying a very heavy door 25 yards to the garage. Fortunately, I had a hand truck available.
Installation – on time and quickly finished to a very good standard inside and out. No mention was made before leaving of the greatly reduced access to the electrical consumer unit.
Clive Tong
Arridge Garage Doors 3 star review on 3rd January 2017
Only just fitted the door, but it seems robust and of good quality. Instructions on fitting have only diagrams, whilst adequate not ideal. A major problem is the door opening mechanism requires that the door be drilled and then cut, not the easiest of tasks, always ensuring that the correct panel is used, not immediately obvious.
Arridge was very helpful at the ordering stage.
The Doors themselves are good quality.
Unfortunately, too much tolerance was allowed in their measurements leaving excessive gaps all round which were not filled properly by the fitter.
There is a small manufacturing fault in the frame which Arridge advised me to fix myself!
Arridge Garage Doors is rated 4.83 based on 421 reviews