Allcott Associates LLP Reviews

4.8
Based on 840 reviews
Read Allcott Associates LLP Reviews

Tell us how Allcott Associates LLP made you happy
The house buyers survey was good , picking up a few minor items we had missed . Our only issue was the time it took to forward the survey, we did contact our agent to remind them this survey was required asap. Nige.
I needed a structural engineering report to satisfy Building Regs for the removal of a load-bearing wall. The engineer who carried out the survey (Peter Vince) was very thorough, professional and dedicated to his task making copious notes and diagrams and inspecting all areas of possible concern. The report was issued very shortly after the survey and this was extremely detailed and very technical which covered all aspects of the Beam Calculation required by the builder and the Building Regs requirements. I was impressed by the depth of analysis and calculations contained in the 10 page report but I did identify 2 typo errors and these were rectified within 1 day.
Good, detailed survey and good communication from team.
I called allcott after the survey to ask questions about it. The surveyor called us back promptly. He was helpful and answered all the questions i had well
Although the Report was not quite ready by the date originally estimated, it was a thorough job. Nevertheless, my queries and supplementary questions raised in respect of parts of the Report were quickly answered.
We have been unfortunate enough to require 3 surveys for 3 different properties. I must say I was extremely happy with the way the first two surveys were dealt with, including the admin lady (Judy) who asked if we had any concerns/observations of our own which were answered in the two surveys. The second survey in particular was dealt with extremely quickly by the surveyor, despite being on leave and he answered our questions directly, again quickly and very much appreciated. Although the third report appears to be satisfactory, I can't say the level of attention to detail was the same when dealing with another admin lady, who although helpful did not ask the same questions with regards to our observations and although I asked for two points to be noted, these were not dealt with in the report. However, as far as being worth the approximate £1500 spent on 3 surveys must say saved us a tonne of money, especially as seeing the first property was a potential money pit and the second was literally falling over (there was a previous engineer report and previous survey which confirmed Allcott's assessment). Would strongly recommend this company for surveys.
Allcot Associates speedily did my survey and provided me with the appropriate paper work. Thanks for identifying issues to be addressed
The report from Allcott Associates was thorough, gave photographic evidence and identified several issues that needed to be rectified prior to my purchase. As well as the survey the report provided guidelines as to what my solicitor should be asking the sellers which was very useful.
Very detailed, thorough and well documented, though it was generally, fairly superficial. This is not a particular criticism, but a little digging would have been better.
The survey was through and carried out when we requested it
We were very happy with the quality of the report. Our surveyor spotted many things that we had missed. It cost us £470 in June 2017 but it was money well spent. It saved us buying a property with £15,000 worth of repairs on top of the £10,000 we had anticipated. Needless to say we chose to withdraw our offer and found another property - a new build this time so no need for Allcott on this occasion. Our only criticism is the time waiting for the report. It wasn't the three working days we had hoped for. It was 7 working days (plus 2 weekends and a Bank Holiday Monday) which felt like forever. But overall we would recommend you spend the money on a report from Allcott. We are pleased that we did.
A bit more communication such as confirmation of payment received and completion of the actual inspection would have been greatly received, and would have been rewarded with 5 stars. However, if I could just mark the actual survey and the results sent it would be 5 stars with no hesitation. Over all a good service, but a few personal niggles have stopped it receiving the full marks.
Comprehensive survey completed and easy to understand.
Surveyor was punctual, gave clear explanations of what he found and the implications. His written report was emailed within the week.
Professional and friendly service and report received within a week
Good service and good price, but report took a while to arrive.
Pointed out the areas needing to be repaired in the short term with some idea of costs involved. Reassurance that the property is sound.
Good professional service - with good communication. Reasonably priced.
I particularly liked having the opportunity to spend almost an hour walking around the property with the surveyor after he had completed his survey
Highly professional and well organised team. Would not hesitate to recommend.
Allcott Associates LLP is rated 4.77 based on 840 reviews