Allcott Associates LLP Reviews

of reviewers recommend Allcott Associates LLP
Read Allcott Associates LLP Reviews

Tell us how Allcott Associates LLP made you happy
I am happy with the service, got a closer than expected date and they sent out the report when they promised to. Overall, happy with the service.
I commissioned a survey to allow the removal of an internal wall. I was not very impressed with the service provided. A supposed 9" wall turned out to be only 4" thereby a "nib" became a pier, requiring extra foundation work. Furthermore, no consideration was given to the foundations in general and some under-pinning was required to provide adequate support. Both of the above items should have been revealed / considered at the time of the survey.
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the service you received, however as previously discussed, without areas having been opened, up certain assumptions needed to be made. On opening up the areas, we then adjusted the calculations as necessary as a priority.
Very dissatisfied with this 86 page “structural “ building report This was an absolute waste of £564.00 for less than an hours work The report we received consisted of things that anyone could see for themselves eg Walls with skirting boards attached to the bottom and coving to the top, and woodchip paper on walls (pictures provided of this) etc etc etc There were no details regarding the actual structure of the property, drains,sizes of floor joists (where conversions) I would not recommend this company to anyone.
I Completed the online 'no obligation' quote for a residential survey and then also emailed them to request the survey. I Never heard anything back so i commissioned another company to do my survey. 2 weeks after my initial request, i received an email for a 400 pounds balance due demand for the survey. When i emailed them to clarify i had never heard from them to confirm the survey was being done, so had used another company, one of their partners emailed me back stating that my initial request for the survey "confirmed" it was being done and if payment was not made within 2 days it would be sent to collections, bad credit, etc, etc. They stated they sent a confirmation email (that i did not receive !) and, therefore, i was obligated to pay. Bottom line: poor communication....do not believe "no obligation" quote on their website....now i have paid for a survey i neither needed or was aware was being conducted. Horrible communicators and worse at handling a transaction dispute. I am a multinational business owner and cannot stress how lacking their customer service is when dealing with disputes such as this. The other company, in contrast, made several phone communications and were a joy to work with. I paid their fee in full to avoid their bullying tactics of referral to debt collection. Do Not Use.
I requested a level 3 survey and it was produced in a timely manner. Seriously, you don't need to go anywhere else for a survey. The report is thorough and comprehensive and it was provided with the surveyors direct email address. The surveyor was quick to respond to our email and very useful. The report was sent in little over one week after the date of the survey which is fantastic in the current climate. All concerns we had about the property were addressed in the survey with no jargon and clear language and useful photos for guidance. This has led us to arrange and confirm a completion date for the property. 100% absolutely recommended. Thank you Allcott Associates
Very professional report with photographs and costings enabling us to see the work required and the cost
Excellent service, well written report very thorough. Thank you.
Unfortunately the surveyor from this firm failed to notice any materials that needed testing for asbestos. Despite paying for a full structural report we were left without confidence in the findings and requests for the firm to come out to look again were refused. A very disappointing and costly experience.
Hi, Where we susepect asbestos contiaing materials, we will allways provide the necessary advice. If we do not suspect asbestos which is sometime the case due to the age of the proeprty, then we will not advise that you have unceccesary testing as this will only result in uncessary costs and damage to the property. Thanks, Allcott Associates LLP
The surveyor was Paul Allcott. Gave a very clear and extensive survey, highlighting all that needed, and was available to explain further after I received it. Made me aware of issues that I didn't consider. Excellent service and very nice person to talk to
Survey arranged promptly - report received just over a week later. Very thorough survey, and detailed report. Pleased with the service.
Very efficient service. Arrange my home buyers report quickly and received the report in a couple of days
It was just bad !
Dear Homoayon, I'm sorry that you felt it necessary to write a negative review. The report had been ready for several weeks and we did try to contact you on many occasions to request payment by phone, email and letter. It was therefore necessary for us to escalate the matter at which point you settled you account immediately which we thank you for. Regards, Allcott Associates LLP
I needed a building survey done very quickly prior to making a sealed bid on a property. This was turned around within days and Judy Summers kept me fully updated. The surveyor was happy to speak to me by telephone the day of the survey. She also agreed for a valuation to be added by a colleague. Survey was very full and helpful. We won the bid!
I'm in contact with David Allcott regarding my concerns. Very unhappy.
Hi Victoria, I am sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with the service we provided and I apologise for any confusion. Hopefully after our discussion, you will understand that access to the property was out of our control. We have however provided a full refund.
A very thorough and comprehensive survey with a quick turnaround.
Generally quite a good report. When I spoke to the sellers about the checks carried out; I was surprised to hear that the review didn't cover the functionality incumbent of the heating system. It has overall provided us with the confidence that there are no major fsults with the prospective property.
We have employed the services of Allcott Associates to carry out a Building Survey for a prospective property purchase as they appeared to be high qualified in this field and the sample report available on their website seemed to be very thorough. So when we called in a for a quote we were also expecting high quality of service such as advice before the survey and a follow up on the survey report. We are rating their services as somewhere between poor to average for the below reasons: - At the first contact we were quoted a higher price over the phone than the one quoted online . - After the survey was carried when we requested the follow up we were told that we have to pay an extra £80 per hour to further discuss the report ( this is after we paid £600 for the survey to be carried out). - When the survey was carried out no tests were carried out at the property, not even a common testing of the central heating which the surveyor of our buyers did on our current property ( so no excuse for that!) - The whole report wording is written from a point of view of an unqualified person such as myself who can observe all the things written down and with a big lack of responsibility using terms such as ' appears to be' and different professionals should be called in to test or look at different things in the property. For us this survey report is a real waste of money and didn't bring any value to us . The only thing that could be perceived as adding value is the valuation ( which was actually done at our request and not really was part of the survey) and some of the highlighted costs , but we also believe that the stated valuation price is somehow biased as the last marketing price was known to them ( I say 'last' marketing price as the property is been on the market for a year at different higher prices).All the other information in the report could either be observed or tested by us or obtained via different searches or queries carried out by our solicitor. Overall, we would not recommend Allcott Associates to anyone who is looking for a responsible unbiased surveyor with high quality customer service and who can provide more than duplicate information.
I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the survey provided by Allcott’s and felt the need to write this unreasonable review. I have been though the report provided in detail and consider it to be detailed and informative whilst providing detailed costs for repairs, therefore I am confused by your comments and consider them unreasonable. I refer to your comments below in order: We were more than happy to discuss the report over the phone with you at no extra charge providing the time required was reasonable, however you requested that the surveyor allocate an hour minimum late in the evening. You complain that no tests were carried out at the property and that previously a surveyor has tested central heating for the property you are selling. We are not plumbers, nor are we electricians nor any other trades person therefore we are not able by law to carry out testing of these items. I do however note from the report that the condition of these items have been commented on throughout in detail the report, Should you have missed this please see page 33.
They communicate very well and are quite organised and helpful but I expected a more detailed report for "Building and structural Survey". I do not know how it works with other companies, but they provided very minimal comments in the report and mostly highlighted obvious points and not checked a number of important things at all. A basic survey or a home buyer survey would provide most of the details. With a full survey I expected more details, comments, info, etc.
Allcott Associates LLP is rated 4.76 based on 825 reviews