Adrian Flux Reviews

59% of reviewers recommend Adrian Flux

How would you rate Adrian Flux ?

"Horrible company, Have so many tricks of charging you with money upon cancellation it's ridiculous do not get insured with them. Getting charged 146 pound is not what's needed for a student and there is not empathy on that nor room for bargaining with them. Even when trying to break the payment into three instalments they added more money of 10 pound each instalment. Gangsters."
"rude, curt, rushed... all of which could be acceptable if the price they quoted wasn't completely out of tune with reality/other online quotes. "75% of customers could get a cheaper quote over the phone*" YEAH RIGHT"
"My 20 year old daughter has just found out that her insurance was cancelled 9 days ago due to her box not being charged sufficiently. She had no letter, call, email or text to advise her of this. She did however receive a letter today informing her of associated costs. Totally unacceptable. We, her parents are currently out of the uk, but rest assured we will be following this up to the fullest extent, humanly possible on our return. Disgusting"
"The experience was awful from square one. They offer a price through comparison sites and accept cover based on that proposal, they then call you and ask a whole heap of other questions. For normal customers this will be horrifically confusing and misleading. The only way to get anyone to listen is to post on Twitter and then you have to 'DM' them. I finally managed to get authorisation to discuss the policy (the first 2 people the policyholder spoke to said it wasn't possible) and called them. During this phone call we had half an hour of back and forth about the NCB requirements of Adrian Flux and the bar moved several times during this call. I then asked what the cancellation figure would be so I could relay this to the policyholder to see if there was a more competent alternative available. I called again today to try to speak to a a manager re. the NCB requirement and was told the policy was cancelled yesterday! Due to work, all calls on my mobile are recorded so I double checked and at NO point at all was the request made to cancel. The girl on the phone was next to useless and wouldn't let me speak to a manager so now we have an uninsured vehicle and have been told to 'wait for a call back' whilst they look into it. We will be cancelling and I will be taking the complaint to the FOS and (as it's a huge regulation breach to cancel a policy without notice) I will also take it to the FCA. I was warned about Adrian Flux before I started and regret not listening. We have found alternative cover with a specialist Lloyd's Insurer through A-Plan and oh my, what a difference in the level of service!"
"Took out a policy, started 19th sept 2018. I was contacted by phone, email AND letter all stating that I needed to provide further information before my policy can be "verified" and completed. I rang them 22nd sept 2018 and they asked me endless questions then stated they would send me an email with forms attached and requested further information (pictures, forms etc) before my policy could be processed and documents sent out. I decided to cancel as I was not prepared to take pictures of my security devices or deal with the interrogation. I was told they would be keeping the £18 deposit I paid PLUS a fee of £43.14 for the THREE days cover! I was then sent an email stating my policy was cancelled and I owed £39 (different from what I was told on the phone). SIX HOURS LATER I got an email requesting the information to proceed with my policy - which obviously I ignored because it was confirmed cancel. I have been in an email battle with them since. They have been telling me these fees are clearly stated in my policy documents BUT I never received my policy documents because I didn't send the info they needed to complete my policy - therefore it stands to reason that I do not owe anything as my policy was not completed. HOW am I suppose to read documents I don't have?! In their t&c's when signing up it clearly states that its a £25 fee to cancel - so I have no idea where they've got their figures from! They make it up as they go along and then threaten debt collectors. I WILL be taking this matter further!"
"After having a good experience with an imported car insurance many years ago I recommended them to my son as they said they specialised in young driver insurance. Very bad experience having had same details taken 3 times and being passed to another company they had absolutely nothing to offer. Don't know what's happened to them I assume they have just gone mainstream. Certainly don't waste your time if you are a young driver."
"Worst Insurance company ever. I have been driving cars since 1997 with no accidents took out insurance policy with adrian flux earlier in the year all good until I wanted to put a second driver on the policy (my partner) who has been driving cars since 2005 with no accidents I was told they would not put her on the policy because she did not currently have a job, which I thought was obsurd due to the fact that I am paying for the policy. I subsequently cancelled the policy and went to Direct Line who are a way better company to deal with no bullshi* about commuting unlike Adrian flux who apparently dont tell you all your terms and conditions nor list them in the terms and conditions issued to the policy holders"
"Adrain Flux first identifies my need for insurance falsely and then I got my insurance cancelled by insurers and they did not care as long as they cashed their commission and I have lodged complaints against them with the financial conduct authority. Ref of complaint about the Adrain FLux team for financial conduct authority. 2059-6160/SG2/IS58 . i hope this answer their comment and if they serious about being sorry to cash my 60 % of the annual premium and cancel my policy for a mistake they have done. and their underwriter Direct line"
"Onlybnsured euth then for 24 hours due to not being able to provide NCB evidence, cancelled policy and I’ve been charged £30 new business fee, £28 minimum price on policy. My policy was only £110 to start with. When cancelled they failed to point out about what fees they would be keeping. These people are outright fraudsters and thieves. I wouldn’t go near them again."
"I received a an email stating a change of premium due to "new information" that has come to light. I was really concerned as i thought i have declared everything!! Called these cowboys and was told that it was because i had moved to a "high risk area" i was staggered.. I moved from a £250k house to £400K house that is in a small dead end street with a average resident age of 70, It is in a Small Lincolnshire town. It is that close to my old address. its postcode starts the same. When i called the "Customer Service team" i was very bluntly told this is what it is and i will need to pay £539! my policy is only £1000.00! I suspect they was cheap at the beginning and then decided to sting me to make some money. As a comparison i have another car with GoSkippy of similiar value and they charge me just £35 admin fee. AVOID THIS COMPANY. Buy cheap you buy twice and this is a cheap (in every way) company. I will take this further...."
"Their motorhome windscreen excess is £90 but when a replacement was needed another £1000 was needed before it could be replaced. I was also not informed of this until my renewal was paid. I was told that if the windscreen was damaged in an accident then it is covered but not if it was just the windscreen. The Insurance company is Trinity Lane based In Malta who do not even have a contact number on their schedule or certificate!! Read their policies very carefully."
"Just changed address and got told £58 for change ov address then told £38 discussing please don’t send renewal"
"Robots no customer service don’t let you speak and complain your a rude Steer clear"
"My son has just passed his test and has a black box that has fallen off the his window screen, they said he had to pay £30 for a new one as this never happens, well check your reviews and stop ripping young kids off. Not the last you will hear from me, also anyone else wants to help in a campaign to stop this happening please feel free to connect"
"You took money from my account having been told not to four days before it was due on top of raising the premium by thirty plus pounds every year,giving a lame excuse that the government has told you to. When i asked to speak to a manager i was put on hold on three occasions for more than seven minutes,all this after twenty to thirty years with you and another little ploy you dont date your letters. This will be the last year with you even if i have to pay a little more."
"Everything the price went up 50 pound extra a month for no reason and we had been with you for 5 years. Watch out for the knife when using you."
"I'm absolutely appalled. Moved house from East Lancs to West Yorks. Quoted £30 admin fee and £600+ for the change of address (similar house, similar neighbourhood), but what happened when I then cancelled the policy beggars belief. A total of 5 fees to cancel came to the grand total of £337.86 Amazing but true. They are just like all the rest, Good at taking money for nothing at the beginning, and then right royally stuffing you from then on. Thanks, David Flux"
"All conversations with help desk easy. All questions answered. Not the cheapest but very helpful. The agreed valuation was a little hard to get as the photo,s need to be exactly correct (my fault). Would recommend."
"Absolute shambles. Worst insurance company ever dealt with in over 30 years of buying insurance. Wants to charge me the full price for insurance i had for just over a month. A policy they said was void because i could not prove my NCD, which i sent to them with details from my policy with another company ( General Accident, very helpful company ). Had a letter saying they made a mistake, after a few phone calls and still wanting the full amount. When they called and asked for details i told the girl i no longer needed the cover as i have sold the vehicle, was put on hold then cut off, on mobile. Even had the cheek to ask if i wanted house insurance lol. Please do not use them."
"They just tried to charge me for a new box as the thing fell off after a day on the screen POOR adhesive on pads.Seen on here that this is a common fault DO NOT PAY THEM AS "IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE""
Adrian Flux is rated 3.40 based on 181 reviews