Adrian Flux Reviews

64% of reviewers recommend Adrian Flux

How would you rate Adrian Flux ?

"Everything the price went up 50 pound extra a month for no reason and we had been with you for 5 years. Watch out for the knife when using you."
"I'm absolutely appalled. Moved house from East Lancs to West Yorks. Quoted £30 admin fee and £600+ for the change of address (similar house, similar neighbourhood), but what happened when I then cancelled the policy beggars belief. A total of 5 fees to cancel came to the grand total of £337.86 Amazing but true. They are just like all the rest, Good at taking money for nothing at the beginning, and then right royally stuffing you from then on. Thanks, David Flux"
"All conversations with help desk easy. All questions answered. Not the cheapest but very helpful. The agreed valuation was a little hard to get as the photo,s need to be exactly correct (my fault). Would recommend."
"Absolute shambles. Worst insurance company ever dealt with in over 30 years of buying insurance. Wants to charge me the full price for insurance i had for just over a month. A policy they said was void because i could not prove my NCD, which i sent to them with details from my policy with another company ( General Accident, very helpful company ). Had a letter saying they made a mistake, after a few phone calls and still wanting the full amount. When they called and asked for details i told the girl i no longer needed the cover as i have sold the vehicle, was put on hold then cut off, on mobile. Even had the cheek to ask if i wanted house insurance lol. Please do not use them."
"They just tried to charge me for a new box as the thing fell off after a day on the screen POOR adhesive on pads.Seen on here that this is a common fault DO NOT PAY THEM AS "IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE""
"Fluxdirect site is a mess. I've never been asked for so much paperwork. Photocopies of front and back of all driver licences. DVLA check codes, mileage declaration forms. So, you upload all this and then the emails start saying it's not right. Then the next email contradicts what they've just said and they did get this but not that etc. And during all this, your account tell you everything has been uploaded correctly. They should be paying me an admin fee. Not impressed and I would dread having to ask this outfit to actually deal with a claim."
"total ripoff been with them years so have my friends but never again"
"Advised I changed address, provided my payment details when called, then Adrian Flux simply cancelled my policy as I hadn't paid £77.03. I simply missed the letters about this charge (assuming they were confirming my address change),. If Adrian Flux Insurance hadn't failed in their admin and had taken the payment when they called me & I gave card details, this wouldn't have happened! End result I've lost 1/3 of my annual paid in full policy and I'm still being charged £77.03."
"Told one thing when the documents arrived I was given something completely different no customer service awful"
"I tried to cancel my policy after under three months. I was offered a 19% refund Three months costs £202 or twelve for £250 When I queried I was then hung up on Avoid"
"I wanted a short term policy for a van that I knew would not pass the new emissions MOT. Cost wise it was better to take out a years policy & claim back a refund later, I told this to their representative at the time, the £30 cancellation fee was the cheapest I could find. On contacting the company to cancel, I was told there would be no refund because of some clause buried in the small print of the policy that states you can't claim a refund after a certain time. I should have had over half the amount refunded. After I complained the rep had a word with a manager who stated that on this occasion they would not charge the cancellation fee, staggering ! originally they wanted to charge me £30 & not give me my money back. In the end I left the policy running even though the van has been scrapped, basically they are a bunch of con artists hiding behind the small print, like a lot of company's these days, LEGALLY RIGHT but MORALLY WRONG."
"This company act in an unfair manner to the customer in a number of ways. 1) I was given a quote with a 400% increase on the premium when I changed my address to just down the road from where I lived. 2) The policy had only just been renewed when cancelled and they kept 50% of my payment in so called 'fees'. Totally unacceptable and referred to the FCA."
"Cancelled our classic car insurance as we sold the car, we paid in full when we renewed in March (just under 4 months ago) but have now been told we are not due a refund as this covers the cancellation fees, this is an absolute rip off & daylight robbery, will never recommend them to anyone. My advice to anyone thinking of taking out insurance is look elsewhere, don't give them your money. Had to score one star when really it should be zero as that is all they score their customers and loyalty!"
"I'm currently in the first year of driving and have blackbox to reduce the price of my insurance for the year. I have had to exchange three boxes costing me £30 to replace, one of them was covered due to misleading and wrong information. My first box was fitted correctly to in instructions but would only stay on for a couple of weeks and the fall off due to poor quality adhesive; despite this being an obvious fault of Adrian Flux i was charged £30 for a new box. The second was fitted incorrectly in the top of my windscreen but of of the way of the 'wipers view' which according to their fitting manual was acceptable, i had to pay the £30 but argued that i could take it off and stick it with different double sided tape and they said okay. following this i got numerous calls saying the fitment was incorrect, luckily enough they admitted wrongdoing and covered me for a new box. The 3rd box was the most successful as once fitted i didn't hear anything about faults with the box until suddenly I had number of calls regarding the information being 'scattered' and believing my box wasn't fitted properly, even though the box hasn't be moved for the 5 months it had been in the car. After arguing my case as it must be a problem with my box and also mailing the point that i had sent photographic evidence of how my box was fitted (which they said was fine) I ended up facing the £30 to pay for new box or having my insurance cancelled. Adrian Flux for young drivers are very poor if they have a blackbox and have cost me £60 which i didn't need to pay. The only reason the don't get one star is because even though they have very poor policies they run by, many of their customer service team are very helpful."
"Paid extra to pay in 3 instalments, renewal times comes and they take their first payment on the 5th of the month then another on the 8th. Contacted them over this and they said that is just how it is and that they take one payment on the renewal date and another on the same date they did the previous year. So instead of paying my insurance over three months like agreed I will no end up paying the whole lot in a one month period, and they wouldn't even refund the extra that I had paid. This is the last renewal they will be getting from me, they have definitely lost a long term customer!"
"Most dreadful insurance dealings ever!! Please be careful when using this company....dreadful experience....inexperienced staff...Young people beware!....Extortionate cancellation fees... I am now £90 down! Given a miserly £15 after complaining....READ THE REVIEWS THEY ARE ALL TRUE. I will without doubt make contact with the Insurance Ombudsman!"
"I took out my learner driver car insurance with this company at a very good price of under £40 per month. Everyone on the customer service end is lovely, kind and patient. However, I ended up being sent in multiple circles and completely ignored by email after I had passed my driving test. I was told that I could get a cheaper deal on car insurance after I passed because I went with them for my learner insurance however, when I called I was quoted nearly £200 per month! (Bearing in mind I checked online and it was exactly the same as what I was quoted). So I left and then found an insurer for the same cover for under £100 :)"
"Great price and fantastic service. Really couldn't ask for more"
"Avoid them Total headache.. I've been buying insurance for over 12 years and this company And costomer service is the worst ever."
"Had to cancel my policy within the 14 day cooling off period, i was charged £60 to cancel a £130 policy. Staff are just ignorant drones who couldn't care any less. Best of it was, she tried to sell me insurance for other things in the same phone call, talk about a slap in the face."
Adrian Flux is rated 3.62 based on 166 reviews