Adrian Flux Reviews

66% of reviewers recommend Adrian Flux

How would you rate Adrian Flux ?

"Appalling my daughter new driver had insurance for just 8 days and we wanted to cancel due to constantly getting letters and text saying they was canceling due to papper work not being returned or black box fitted with in the tme given they took 5 days to send box not 36 hours as they stated and had to call then every day to find out where our papper was ect spent over 1 hour on every call due to being put on hold all the time when we wanted to cancel due to poor service got told her 350 would not be returned we was well with in our 14 days just 8 days in and asked thenm to break down the cost of what they was keeping to find out there was a admin fee of 100 non refundable wasn't told this on the phone on day of taking policy and black box was 165 was also told this was free then was told the under righter fee was 60 and different company for direct debit fee so they use 3 company's it's been tramatic for my daughter who now nolonger wants to drive because of the insurance problems via this company has hindered her confidence she gets minimum wage and works hard to lose almost 3 weeks wages its disgusting avoid at all costs"
"I was miss-sold a multi-car policy by A.F. just over 2 years ago when I had asked for quotes on 4 individual cars. When investigating the policy this year I discovered that my wife was not insured to drive a car not owned by her and that her full no-claims discount has been wiped out because all 4 cars are now in my name. Spent a long time on the phone with A.F. yesterday and they were no help whatsoever. Now I find that they are charging me 40% of the renewal cost to cancel the policy which has been in force for 20 days since renewal. Total sharks. I would advise anyone to go anywhere else for motor cover."
"Absolutely shocking company. Change there word constantly. Say you can’t do something then you can. And now when I’m due a refund they’ve given it to the payer of the deposit as at the time the deposit was taken I was not hold enough to do it. After the insurance being in my name and the direct debits they have refused to send it to me and not the other account after I’ve been informed them I’m not on talking terms with the person who owns the card and that they have kicked me out."
"They offer no help no support and no phone back. They double the cost of you policy and think this okay...well its not!"
"dreadful. send you around and around on the phone.. every single person you talk to asks the same questions over and over again. I have had insurance with them before which was very good enticed back with a special offer for old customers. never again. also make a change and the charges are horrific. no longer worth considering. got too big as a company. can no longer offer the specialist insurances they claim."
"I thought the reviews were perhaps exaggerations and went with FLUX as they provided the cheapest quote. I moved house and wanted to change the address. This company wanted 60% of the original premium on top. I moved less than 200m from the original address. When I asked to leave the address as it is (as I still own the house and would leave the car in its garage) they still wanted an additional £444! This was "officially" marked as a change of correspondence address. I then got a letter confirming the charge, and where the additional premium price should've been, it said "INSERTAMOUNTHERE". Obviously its a mail merge letter and although they state that they get the figures from the underwriter, I have had verbal confirmation from the underwriter stating that the amount is way over what they would charge. Not double, but about 480% more. These people are simply middle-men. Not good ones at that. EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. REGULARLY ON HOLD FOR AT LEAST 20 MIN TO AN 0844/0344 NUMBER BEFORE SPEAKING TO ONE OF THEIR REPS. THEY ENTICE WITH CHEAP INITIAL RATE. EVENTUALLY, THEY WILL TRY TO RUIN YOUR CREDIT HISTORY AND INSIST ON EXORBITANT FEES. PAY PEANUTS, GET MONKIES. STAY AWAY. DON'T DO WHAT I DID AND IGNORE OTHER REVIEWS. THEY ARE AS BAD AS OTHERS CLAIM."
"I wish there was an option for zero stars. That is how bad this lot are."
"Use this company at your own risk. Horrible to deal with. You are made to feel like your just there for them to take money add charges at will."
"This company will try and charge you for anything and everything. They changed my address without my say so. Tried to add an extra £400 to my premium and blamed the finance company. I spoke directly to the finance company and it was nothing to do with them. They then cancelled my policy as I stopped my direct debit as they were now tryi g to take more than what was agreed. I carried on paying the original agreed amount but they still cancelled it. They then used my debit card to take money out of my account. Why are they keeping peoples debit card details on record. I would strongly advise anyone against using this company."
"Don't touch them. They are scamming everybody. Always threatening to cancel your policy, taking huge amounts in fees and makibg you buy new black boxes when they go 'faulty'. Avoud like the plague."
Melody
"I took out my learner driver car insurance with this company at a very good price of under £40 per month. Everyone on the customer service end is lovely, kind and patient. However, I ended up being sent in multiple circles and completely ignored by email after I had passed my driving test. I was told that I could get a cheaper deal on car insurance after I passed because I went with them for my learner insurance however, when I called I was quoted nearly £200 per month! (Bearing in mind I checked online and it was exactly the same as what I was quoted). So I left and then found an insurer for the same cover for under £100 :)"
"Great price and fantastic service. Really couldn't ask for more"
"Avoid them Total headache.. I've been buying insurance for over 12 years and this company And costomer service is the worst ever."
"Had to cancel my policy within the 14 day cooling off period, i was charged £60 to cancel a £130 policy. Staff are just ignorant drones who couldn't care any less. Best of it was, she tried to sell me insurance for other things in the same phone call, talk about a slap in the face."
"1st thing Got a policy for my little girl it comes with a black box that you have to fit it never stayed on the window so jamed it on the dash all ok changed car and was told need a new cradle £30 ask why they said old one not stick i said it never has and i'll get the sticky pads its cheaper they said you can't has it needs to be there ones has its only them that work !!!! got it it was damaged got another one put it on and after a few days it falls off keep putting it back get hot it fills off get sticky pads it's on. 2nd thing Down loads the app thing it worked then it stopped deleted it and got it back (done this loads of times even emailed them about this and just get told to re down load) and it not let us put in all our details to get it to work!!! 3rd thing Use to get loads messages saying box is in or working right the policy is going to be cancelled or something about the driving which then puts more stress on my little girl so theirs more concentrating on is the box working am i breaking too hard ETC ETC then watching whats going on while driving. 4th thing Going from emails or messages to not having any for a over two weeks to one say policy is being cancelled in 7 days if you don't call us more stress i could go on but think you get a picture of how unhappy we are and how much stress they have given us one the years up for my policy i have with them and my girls we won't be coming back to them in a million Sundays as they say you get what you pay for so pay cheep get cheep service!!!! ."
"This company is a complete rip off,, avoid like the plaque"
"This company is a complete rip off,,, my son had a quote for a learner driver insurance (which is supposed to be their speciality) and was given a reasonably cheap quote,,he decided to open this policy online and paid £80 deposit,,7 days later they rang him and told him they are cancelling the policy because he value of the car wasnt right and gave him £8 refund,so basically ripped him off by £72,,such a disgrace as my son had saved money up for this insurance,,after calling them they still refused to give the full refund,,,AVOID AT ALL COST"
"Very disappointed. Set up policy, paying deposit. Answered a few more questions over the phone to which they then told me the policy needed amending and the premium increased. To add insult to injury they then kept my deposit, charged me a set up fee even though I was willing to pay the extra for the deposit and monthly amounts. Suffice to say I have decided not to set up s new policy with a company that treat customers with such contempt While being more concerned with stealing deposits than gaining loyal customers"
"Poor explanations of the policy and cost nearly £200 cancelation fee because I sold my car. Their monthly finance is a joke; they choose what suits them to charge per month so instead of 12 months of charges I had 9 months which massively bumps monthly payments. Their customer service upset my wife and made her think we owed them £1000 but it turned out it was just a £200 fee. They went on telling us we must pay the whole amount off to cancel; essencially saying hey ill cancel but ill just give you 10 months worth of insurance and have my policy cancelled.... As from reading the fee quickly changed! These are scam artists. This is the second encounter with these ( second chance) and again was double barrel shot down.... These are the worst company I have ever encountered to date. I will NEVER use this company EVER again! I recommend searching yourself its less hassle and you wont get ripped off!"
"If you are thinking of car insurance with Adrian Flux I would suggest that you dont do it. I was involved in a horrible accident five days ago and I am still stuck at home, isolated, without a courtesy car and absolutely no further forward; despite several calls to their partner Markerstudy every day, and also the company themselves. It’s making an already stressful situation so much worse. This is the third day that garage has my car in their yard just waiting for the company to give them the go ahead, and still we wait. Whilst the call centre staff are all extremely pleasant; I can’t say that I am not having a rotten experience that I would like to help others avoid."
Adrian Flux is rated 3.68 based on 160 reviews