Vintage Sofa Co Limited Reviews

of reviewers recommend Vintage Sofa Co Limited
Read Vintage Sofa Co Limited Reviews

About Vintage Sofa Co Limited:

Vintage clearance 'end-of-line' sofas built using fabric and leather hides
released from license from top UK brands and retailers

Visit our family run showroom Open Thursday Friday & Saturday 10am to 4pm
at the beautifully rural and historic Jowler Mill Halifax West Yorkshire HX2 6TB
Telephone 01422 761000

info@vintagesofa.co.uk

Jowler Mill
Jowler
Luddendenfoot
Halifax
West Yorkshire, ,

Tell us how Vintage Sofa Co Limited made you happy
Please look at reviews before purchasing a sofa from VintageSofas! We bought a sofa. It was sent in the wrong colour, we ordered plush teal and they sent teal and tried to convince us that we have the right colour. Plush teal has been discontinued for some time. They did send me an email saying that the manufacturers had sent the wrong colour but then went back on their word. We then noticed that when you sit down there is a very loud noise at the back of the sofa of the springs. Again we contacted the company and they sent out an engineer. Supposedly an independent engineer. The engineer admitted that it was poorly made and it shouldn't do that. He was here for 7am. Vintage sofa sent us his so called report that says that there is no fault. I have tried to contact the engineer and the so called independent company but they have failed to return any of my messages. The sofa is not fit for purpose or sold as described. They have continued to make excuses and are refusing to refund our money and take the sofa back. We are shocked and horrified and just wish we had read previous reviews clearly stating how poor this company is.
Thank you for your review although we would normally expect it to be written by our customer and not a third party. I would agree with your opening comment. 'Please look at reviews before purchasing a sofa from VintageSofas!' If you had of looked yourself you would have seen that we have 4.8 stars (at the time of writing). As a small family run business we really do try our hardest to satisfy every customer. I am sorry that on this occasion you and the couldn't agree on the colour. I am not sure where the complaint about the quality came from months after purchase. The independant technician found no fault. We spent hours with our customer, on email, video calls and messaging. We have offered her a full refund, which has not yet accepted. I am sorry that our very best isn't good enough for you and that you felt the need to troll us on social media, while being unable to agree with our customer on what course of action you'd like us to take. Kind Regards, Peter Hawes
The Initial service was excellent and I really felt like I was buying quality. Sadly, when the sofa Arrived it wasn’t as expected. You think you’re buying something that’s better than a high street sofa but this isn’t the case. After waiting for nearly 3 months at a cost of £1500 it arrived with the wrong legs and this random stud work on the front, I was told to return it if I wasn’t happy. Just shop around first. I feel like it’s not as good quality as they make out. Disappointed.
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you found 'the initial service was excellent'. I am very sorry you were disappointed by the custom legs and studs arriving incorrectly. As a small family run business, we really do try our very best to ensure our customers get the best possible experience. This issue would have been an easy fix within a few days with our excellent national network of independant upholsterers. Kind regards Peter Director
Cannot recommend. Highly stressful and problematic purchase. Saved up for ages, and item was delivered faulty and unusable, lost hundreds of pounds in time off work to resolve, and they finally did deal with the problem, but never followed through with the token goodwill gesture of small reimbursement (which was a fraction of what I lost in many many days missed work). The sofa is just a giant reminder of the weeks of anxiety and drama :-(
Dear Adelle. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our business and for buying one of our most popular products. We try really hard to make every buying experience a happy one. We are sorry that it had a defective leg and hoped that by replacing the whole sofa - so that you wouldn't be left without one - would have been considered as excellent customer service. Kind regards, Peter.
Vintage Sofa Co Limited is rated 4.82 based on 153 reviews