TV Aerial Specialists Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend TV Aerial Specialists Ltd
Read TV Aerial Specialists Ltd Reviews

About TV Aerial Specialists Ltd:

Fast and affordable TV, Aerial & Satellite installation specialists.

sales@tvaerialspecialists.co.uk

Tell us how TV Aerial Specialists Ltd made you happy
DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

A family member passed recently leaving my parents distraught, with Covid-19 going on and everyone abit down. I thought it’d be nice to buy them a surprise present of putting their TV on the wall to make everything cleaner and easier to manage with my dad having alzheimers too.

After checking this company's website out, it sounded professional and what we’re after with no hint of them being cowboy builders or messing the customers around.

5th December an engineer was arranged to come over. The guy was nice, overly confident and said he’s fitted 1000’s of TV’s like this before. So by this reckoning we shouldn't fear any surprise quotes, and no additional costs because he’s surveyed the area on what needs to be done for fitting the TV on the wall.

On the spot he’s broken down all the associated costs and it’s £378 in total, in front of the family. Before going ahead we’ve asked if we could think about it for a couple of days before going ahead, he leaves us the company business card and we phone them two days later the following Monday/Tuesday to confirm we’d like to go ahead via voicemail.

A couple of days passes and they re-call us confirm the booking for the 17th Dec. I ask personally for the final price again and it’s now £428 incl VAT, I told them we were quoted £378 on the day with all associated costs which should’ve included VAT and they tell us we’ll be booked in for the 17th Dec for now whilst they re-phone the engineer to get back to us regarding the £378 quote (They don’t).

It’s now 16th December, a day before their arrival and they finally call back to confirm they’ll be arriving tomorrow. After asking, they still said it was £428 we explained the engineer gave us a quotation of £378, and we’ve been waiting for a call back regarding this.

After hanging up they call back shortly and finally admitted after contacting the engineer that came to our house it was £378 and they’ll go ahead with it.

Five minutes later they phone back and now re-quote us £178 saying it’s now a two man job and there would be more work. After getting their own quote wrong, they say sorry it’s £458, the quotes now gone up….

So now I’m wondering if the guy that came around has even done this before, if he can’t give us a final accurate quote or if the quotes changing like this with the now additional job of it being for 2 people not discussed at the time. The women on the phone kept talking over me rather than listening, but they didn't care.
Booked in twice for TV wall mounting, 'couldnt' give a quote over the phone. Twice waited in all day and no one turned up. Twice had to cancel as 'engineer unreachable' and not coming anymore. Major delays between contacting and availability. Contacted alternative company, price given straight away, booked in within 2 days, engineers turn up bright and early, excellent work. Regret not contacting the other company first and wasting my time with these!
Took the day off work to get my TV aerial fixed for Christmas and the engineer didn't turn up!!!

Couldn't be more disappointed with the service I received from TV Aerial Specialist, I would recommend booking elsewhere!
Booked to have an appointment with an engineer on Saturday 16th nov. They rang the day before to confirm that engineer will be coming late morning/early afternoon time. I waited in all morning and heard nothing so I called the office who said they’ll find out what time the engineer was coming. I then had a call from the engineer saying he’ll be coming soon and he’d call me when he’s on his way. I waited for an additional 3 hours and heard nothing. I then called the engineer back on his mobile, which went straight to voicemail. I also called the main office which also went to voicemail. I’m assuming they closed and went home without letting me know. I therefore wasted my entire Saturday waiting for an engineer that had no intention of turning up. Extremely poor and unprofessional service.
My job took over three months to complete. The three engineers that visited were friendly but unfortunately the quality of work was shocking. The second engineer brought me a bunch of flowers to apologise for the state of the first engineers work. They have made a mess of my wall. The bracket they installed was not the right one so they adapted it by drilling a larger hole in it and when that didn’t work they just bent the bracket backwards to enable them to connect a cable.
I had little to no communication from the company during the three months telling me the status of the job.
I definitely would not recommend and would never use again.
I am very sorry to say - not happy with the service provided. Dirt all over - never cleaned anything- paint and dust all over- left the packing on the floor for us to clean and tidy. I can send you pictures for this . Poor service!!
Shoddy workmanship, left white cable on show outside of building against red brickwork in a conservation area !! Not even vertical or horizontal with the brickwork but diagonal!! I had to make him change it, so then I had an unnecessary joint outside!! He connected the cable fitting on the inside without first slipping on a white sleeve which conceals the hole in the brickwork!! Now I'm left with the hole in the brickwork on show and the sleeve sitting on top of my radiator!! Rubbish workmanship would never use this company again nor recommend them.
Ripped off me Mrs was not happy £83 to put a end for the Ariel not happy at all
Booked engineer for today they let me down wouldn't recommend this company at all. The price was ridiculous £200 to put TV on wall and one cable needed and extension on the aerial. We range around got the job done for £95 what a fabulous saving.
Having spent £178.00 on a new Aerial, only NOT to be able to obtain any ITV/CHANNEL 4/ OR CHANNEL 5 Broadcasts, I don't think it was value for money, DO YOU.
Would like to have rated but no one turned up or even bothered to call me! Terrible customer service!
TV Aerial Specialists Ltd is rated 4.71 based on 215 reviews