travellocal.com Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend travellocal.com

About travellocal.com: TravelLocal is all about bespoke travel - with a difference.

We help you to create tailor-made holidays your way, with carefully selected local experts based in nearly 50 destinations worldwide. Since 2012 we have scoured the globe to find these expert companies - entrepreneurs and innovators from Argentina to Zanzibar and many countries in between.

They know your destination better than anyone. They use that knowledge to craft unforgettable trips, unique to you, that combine your ideas with their local knowledge and contacts, to bring the world to life.

You get a better, more authentic holiday experience and they get a fairer deal. And for peace of mind, we are members of ABTA and your booking is 100% financially protected.

Tell us how travellocal.com made you happy

"Looking to book a safari holiday felt a bit of a minefield and the brochures from the high street company's weren't quite feeling right. Very pleased I found Travel Local-we now have an itinerary we are really excited about, that fits us, has been designed with us, to fit our wants and ideas and is a little different to the standard 'off the shelf'. I feel confident that the accommodation and activities will be as described and very happy that its all been booked with our preference to environmental and animal welfare. We were able to make as many changes as we wanted until it was right with patient answers to my many questions. I never felt under any pressure to book or make a decision. At this point I have been recommending them to everyone I speak to. If our holiday goes as planned we will be returning to book other countries as this is what I have been wanting from travel for a long time-something that suits me rather than a mass market."
"I've just organised our first trip with travellocal.com and it's been a breeze. It's reassuring to be in contact with the team on the ground who will be looking after us. They have been super efficient and helpful in organising our itinerary at relatively short notice and will be sorting out our visa on arrival. It's also good to know that more of the money we are spending is going into the local economy and we are getting a better deal too!"
Hi Rosanna, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review for the two trips you've recently booked with us! We certainly think it makes sense to speak directly with our fabulous local partners in destination, and as you say, it also means that both you and they receive a better deal! We look forward to hearing all about your trips upon your return. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"I had wanted to book a holiday in Jordan that used locally owned businesses and hotels as much as possible. Travellocal put me in touch with a great loval agency who organised everything efficiently, taking all our concerns into account, and making sure all the formalities were completed quickly and easily. I thoroughly recommend them. Thanks for letting me have the most relaxing holiday in years!"
Hi Claire, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! That's lovely to hear that you had a wonderful, relaxing time thanks for the fabulous team which we work with out in Jordan. Supporting local communities and businesses is at the heart of our ethos - do get in touch again for any future travels and we'll be more than happy to help! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"We have just booked a two week tour of Costa Rica with Travellocal. We liked the ethos of the organisation in that it uses and supports local people rather than big tour operators. Service so far has been quick, efficient, responsive to our requests, friendly and knowledgeable. The website/messages are very easy to use. Our bespoke itinerary matches what we asked for and is well priced. We look forward to our trip in a few months' time!"
"We have used TravelLocal's service three times since 2017 - for trips to Armenia, Mongolia and Japan - and all three trips, though very different, have been excellent. TL essentially take most of the risk out of travel arrangements based on local agents: they do due diligence on local partners before selecting; oversee your exchanges with them to make sure there's no confusion and you get your top tailored to your preferences; they guarantee your payments and offer payment facilities in numerous currencies. What's not to like? Have just booked another trip through them for next month!"
"Travel Local was very easy to use and helped us create our ideal vacation in a place we are very foreign to. We feel happy with our itinerary and the cost, probably couldn’t have done the trip much cheaper ourselves. The website made it easy to see every part of our trip and the pictures from each helped. The travel agents were very quick to respond and make changes to our itinerary as many times as we wanted."
"Very impressed with the way our booking was dealt with. Mariana in Costa Rica replied very quickly to all my requests and organised what looks like, a brilliant holiday."
"Effortlessly planned a trip at the spare of the moment and turned my usual organised chaos into the perfect professional tour. The people in Morocco were so helpful and it was incredible to have your local team with us at every turn. Well done , what a great idea"
Hi Andrew, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're really glad to hear that you had a wonderful time thanks to our excellent local partners out in Morocco. It must have been nice to have everything taken care of for you, especially given it was a last minute trip! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Currently a few days into our phillipines personalised tour organised through travellocal and with Travel Authentic Phillipines. From the outset the communication has been excellent and they have been so accommodating to our needs as well and updating us regularly of any changes at all throughout. All our transits and tours have been excellent so far, stress-free and we can’t wait to see how the rest of the trip pans out. Definitely recommend travellocal for your next adventure!!!"
"The staff in the office were most informative and new what I was looking for they put me in contact with Mohamid how was most pleasant to speak to and kept me updated with the plans he put forward on my trip Many messages were sent back and forth and I am looking forward to my travelling in Petra Many thanks to all the staff for their assistance"
Hi Edward and thank you for reviewing us! I have passed on your good feedback to the UK team and our partner in Jordan. Do let us know all about your trip as we'd love to hear! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Had an amazing trip organised by Travelocal using a local tour operator covering vietnam and cambodia which exceeded all of our expectations. Exceptionally well organised logistics, great guides and brilliant thought put into every aspect of our tour. Thank you Travellocal for organising - we will definitely be using you again and telling our friends. Wendy and barry"
Hi Wendy,
Thank you for this lovely review, we're so pleased you had a wonderful trip in Vietnam and Cambodia. It's so great to hear all about it! Do think of us when you want to travel again and thank you for telling your friends! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Excellent communication to determine our needs and answer questions for our trip to Morocco. Local guides all of the highest caliber. Accommodations all excellent with one exception(Hotel Chems du Lac-needs upgrading) and we especially enjoyed the riads. Itinerary tailored to us, which is unlike other tours. Overall, a great experience and our driver and guide were exceptional. One small note: visitors to the casbah in Rabat should be warned about people inside giving “tours” and then asking for money. This is actually not allowed as only registered guides can give local tours."
Thank you, Lorne, for this shining review! We're so pleased you had a fantastic tour of Morocco, a pleasure to read about your experiences. Do think of us for your next trip, we'd love to help. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"I used Travel Local to book an individual itinerary to Argentina. The website was very easy to use and the quotation was made very efficiently. All arrangements made for me in Argentina worked very well and I was impressed with the overall quality of the service. I will definitely consider using Travel Local again."
Hi Roger, thank you for leaving us this lovely review! Pleased to hear you had a great experience booking your Argentina trip - and that it all went wonderfully on the ground! Do think of us when you want to plan another adventure. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"So far, so great. I’ve used Travel Local to plan a forthcoming trip to Sri Lanka. Throughout the planning process they have been responsive & flexible to our needs. We did try to contact several other Sri Lanka based tour guides and found it really hard to get responses, which didn’t fill us with comfidence. I feel more reassured using a company as well set up as Travel Local & feel confident that our forthcoming trip will progress smoothly."
Hi Kay, thank you so much for reviewing us! It's great to hear the process has worked so well for you so far in planning your Sri Lankan adventure! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return, do let us know how it goes. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"I found Travel Local whilst searching for a tour of Senegal. Their method works quite simply in that you give an idea of where you want to go, what you would like to see and for how long. This is sent to a local agent who then communicates directly with you by email with an itinerary which you can adjust as necessary as much as you want. I checked out the local agent and online reviews were positive. Once the itinerary and price is agreed you the pay a deposit via Travel Local, which is ABTA bonded. Being UK based I also booked the flights through Travel Local as it is also covered by ATOL. I found the process quite easy and reassuring."
Hi there, thank you so much for the lovely review! It's great to hear about the process working so well for you, we'd love to hear more about your trip when you return! Do let us know how it goes. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Very helpful biking a tailor made itinery"
Hi Jan, that's great to hear! Thank you for leaving a review. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"So far an exceptional service provided for the booking process. My itinerary And flights where all arranged for me and I changed the the plans several times. A truly individually arranged holiday to meet my ideas with some local advice thrown in. Nothing seems to much bother. Katie and Emily thank you."
Thank you Paul for this shining review! Excellent to hear that it all went brilliantly for you, and we look forward to hearing all about your trip! We will pass on the feedback to Katie and Emily! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"The 2 itineraries that were suggested for me were excellent. Communications between us were quick and easy. As it is my first trip to that part of the world, a group tour was always going to be the best idea for me. I would certainly recommend talking to travel local."
Hi Malc, thank you for leaving us this review! We're really pleased to hear you had a good experience and would recommend us. Do let us know how it all goes, we'd love to hear more. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"We have just returned from a very successful trip to Costa Rica, arranged through Travel Local, with Ecole Travel as the in country agents. Soledad worked out a brilliant itinerary for us and we saw everything we had wanted to and in the process realised what an amazing country Costa Rica is. Ecole also proved themselves with a couple of minor issues we had. One was our late arrival in San Jose, with a 3 hour delay at Gatwick and another 3 hours getting through San Jose airport, but the driver was still there. Brilliant. Talking to travellers with other agencies that wasn't always the case, so a big well done there. The second issue was a missing pick up from a hotel, which turned out to be the hotel's mistake. Ecole sorted it with them and 20 mins later a taxi turned up and all was well. The lodges they chose were great. In the middle of nowhere so the roads were quite interesting but the standard of food and accommodation was outstanding and the variety of birds and wildlife that could be viewed was amazing. We would definitely use the Travel Local system again where we arrange the tour with a local agent but pay Travel Local in sterling and have the protections of Travel Local in the UK."
Hi Mike, thank you for the fantastic review, this kind of detail is very useful to us. We're really pleased your trip in Costa Rica was so amazing, Ecole are true stars on the ground as you came to discover! If you have any other feedback for us don't hesitate to let us know - if not, then we look forward to helping you out with your next trip! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"TravelLocal are excellent. I recently returned from Argentina and credit TravelLocal and their partners for what proved to be a trip of a lifetime. The website, which you can navigate with ease, offers really well researched itineraries together with travel blogs and recommendations by country. The website really inspires and excites and the actual booking process and interaction with the team is seamless. My local travel expert was brilliant and obviously extremely knowledgeable. Working with her to tailor my itinerary was really fun and her enthusiasm for both the country and things to see and do was infectious! The TravelLocal model works really well - a personal service tailored to your individual requirements with partners who can actually provide a local experience. Next stop with TravelLocal is Africa!"
What a fantastic review, thank you so much Alexandra! It's amazing to hear good feedback about our staff, our local partners and our platform (which we work very hard on) all at once! We're so pleased that you've had a brilliant experience so far - and long may it continue when you start to plan your adventure in Africa! We can't wait. Best wishes, the TravelLocal team.
travellocal.com is rated 4.93 based on 228 reviews