travellocal.com Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend travellocal.com

How would you rate travellocal.com ?

Marie Schallamach
Verified Buyer
"18th July 2018 I have recently booked a tailormade tour with travel local for the eastern side of China linked by high speed bullet trains. I have travelled in China as a tourist on five previous occasions using different companies and over several months. So far the organisation has been prompt and has made the alterations to the suggested itinerary to fit my wishes. What I hope for is a smooth running holiday with the company taking the strain , if there is any. Their part of our time in China starts mid-way September. We shall see. Marie Schallamach"
"I have recently booked a holiday to Oman. The quality of service and speed of response has been second to none. The holiday has been tailored to my needs and all requests taken into account. The price quoted is also very competitive compared to other agencies for the same itinerary."
"Ethical company with a admirable objective - connecting travellers directly with local companies. Great communication and customer service. Would highly recommend."
Helen Brown
Verified Buyer
"Travel local have been fantastic, along with their partner in Japan they have organised a trip which feels tailor made, I guess because it mostly is. Huw has been in regular supportive contact and I would not hesitate to recommend them"
Hi Helen - thank you for leaving us such a great review! Your trip certainly is tailor made and the team in Japan are sure to show you a brilliant time. It's a unique and enthralling country, as you'll see! Do let us know how it went, we'd love to hear back from you. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Carl Smith
Verified Buyer
"The best way to support local businesses and interact with locals while exploring a new country. Dependable and dedicated to making sure one gets the best experience for their time and budget. This is my second booking with Travel Local and loving it..."
Thanks for coming back to us, Carl - and for leaving us such a great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to sing our praises! Have a fantastic trip, and do report back on your adventures. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Tasneem Khairulla
Verified Buyer
"I had a very good and smooth experience with Travellocal. They were quick to respond, information provided was practical and useful, and they set me up with a very good local tour company. The experience using their website is also excellent, user friendly and easy to navigate. Thank you, Travellocal! I am so glad I found you and I will use your services again!"
Thanks so much Tasneem! We're really pleased you've had a positive experience with us and we'll be more than happy to host you again! Have a fantastic trip in Cambodia and let us know how it goes. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
John Anderson
Verified Buyer
"New concept for me - UK based start point - but details handled by expert in the country being visited. It works. We booked Costa Rica and Mariana (the local expert) was brilliant. She was patient, she gave us great advice and above all else she was very patient as we kept adding and changing things."
Mariana is visiting us in the TravelLocal office this week, John - and she's very happy with your comments! We're really pleased you tried something different and gave us a go - your trip is sure to be wonderful and we'd love to hear all about it on your return. Thanks for taking the time to review. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Nicky Vyvyan-Robinson
Verified Buyer
"We haven't yet been on either holiday that we have booked through Travellocal so the proof will be in the pudding, but so far so very good. Absolutely delightful local people to deal with. Very quick, very efficient, very good at listening to all our queries and very good at coming up with solutions. If the holidays are half as good as the attentiveness of the two local travel companies, then we shall be very very happy. We always like to use local companies, not only to give back a little but also because they are, after all, experts in their own countries."
Hi Nicky, thanks for leaving this lovely review. We're very pleased that you're pleased! Your adventure in Costa Rica is bound to be fantastic, Soledad and the team are true experts in their destination. Do let us know all about it when you get back. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Boris Vrenko
Verified Buyer
"We were planning our trip to Costa Rica and wanted to include a 6 day road trip to various locations. We preferred to reach out directly to local guides, avoiding the middle man (bad experience in the past when using a high street tour agency - slow and expensive). TravelLocal connected us to a local agent in Costa Rica, and within less than a day (!) from our request they came up with a draft itinerary. Their tips, responsiveness and organisation were amazing! Excellent service and friendliness."
Hi Boris, thanks so much for this kind review. Our experts in Costa Rica are absolutely brilliant, as you've experienced, and we're pleased the TravelLocal platform has worked well for you so far. You're sure to have a fantastic trip - do let us know all about it when you return! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Richard Dew
Verified Buyer
"We have used Travel local once for a trip to India as a result box which we have just booked a second tour to Costa Rica. The Indian trip was faultless and we found planning particularly good as we were able to tailor our requirements with locals who knew about alternatives. Having a UK based back up and paying in GBP gave us both security and avoided hassle. Highly recommend Travel Local."
Hi there Richard, thank you for leaving us such a great review, it's highly appreciated! We're so happy you've returned for another trip, one that we're sure will be as great as the one to India! Do let us know how it goes, we'd love to hear all your travel tales. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Being very much a bespoke traveler looking for a specialist itinerary Cliff was obliging and efficient in speeding up and refining the negotiations with the local guides. I look forward to a good visit to Georgia Available & obliging is my summary of travellocal"
Thanks for this review, obliging and available sounds good to us! Cliff is very happy with your words too. Have a fantastic trip and do let us know how it goes. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Debbie Utteridge
Verified Buyer
"From the first contact with Cliff , in the UK office, through the messaging on the website to Costa Rica Ecolle Travel, we experienced , professionalism, knowledge, patience and understanding of our exact needs. We have a tailor made holiday right down to the last details we needed. For 4 people that was a great achievement, on the companies behalf. I would highly recommend a call to Travellocal for whatever your holiday requirements and it wasn't as expensive as we thought, they have the teams on the ground in the destinations, so the knowledge is there and you are not getting ripped off. The system to communicate is highly sophisticated and you are always in control, despite the time differences. Brilliant, thank you very much, now we just wait to go away and enjoy the trip we have booked. Very excited."
What a wonderful review, thank you so much Debbie. For you to be happy at every step of the planning and booking process - that's our goal! It's true, the team in Costa Rica are true experts, and Cliff is also very happy with his mention! Now for the 'piece de resistance' - the holiday itself! Do let us know how it goes, we'd love to hear from you. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"I am extremely impressed with Travel Local. They have dealt with my holiday request very quickly and efficiently. It is a pleasure to deal with such a professional company."
Thank you for this lovely review, we're very pleased you've had a great experience! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Absolutely brilliant in sorting my trip out from start to finish, co-ordinating all the logistics on the ground in Jordan and being flexible along the way as I changed my plans. Pre-depatrture info was excellent and very useful! My driver, Aziz, for the 10 day trip was fantastic with his insight to the local hotspots, as we travelled around Jordan! Aziz typified the standard of high service received throughout my interaction with the company! Keep it up!"
So pleased you had a trip to remember, Nashir - and a huge thank you for these kind words. The team in Jordan really are fantastic and we're really glad you experienced this in person. Remember to come back to us again to plan your next adventure! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Samo Naraks
Verified Buyer
"Great idea with impeccable performance - been using them three times and I can't find fault."
Thank you Samo, a wonderful review! We really appreciate your loyalty and hope you use us many more times in future! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Chris Gavin
Verified Buyer
"This is such a brilliant idea for those of us who would prefer to support local travel companies in the countries we travel in, but would also like to enjoy ABTA guarantees and security. Not only is more of our money going directly into the economy of the country we are visiting, but talking and planning directly with a local expert means that we are able to build the holiday we really want. We first used Travel Local in 2014 to help us plan a trip to northern India - it was a great experience. We are now planning another trip to a more remote area of northern India for this autumn and are confident that we will have another great experience."
Thank you so much for these kind words Chris, your review means a lot. We're really pleased you're using us again to return to India; do please get in touch and let us know all about your trip when you get back! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Birgit Sode
Verified Buyer
"We have just booked our 2nd holiday with TravelLocal. On both occasions we found a local agency with extensive knowledge, a good understanding of our wishes, great service and fast response. They created amazing itineraries for us. The first holiday was perfect and we are now looking forward to all the experiences described in our new itinerary. I have no doubt that TravelLocal have chosen the best local partners. The concept of enabling western travellers to go with the best local tour operator is super."
Hi Birgit, a big thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely review. We're so pleased you've already had a great trip with us - and here's to another fantastic adventure in China. Please let us know how it goes, we'd love to hear. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Tony Orhnial
Verified Buyer
"Strongly recommend the Travellocal business model - selecting local partners after carrying out due diligence, and providing both a safe payment channel in a variety of currencies and ABTA protection. It takes most of the risk and hassle out of dealing with local travel agencies and getting past the formulaic offerings of UK/international agencies. We had a brilliant, carefully tailored trip to Armenia in 2017 and have used Travellocal again to arrange travel in Mongolia in July 2018."
What a great review, thanks so much Tony for taking the time. We're really pleased you've seen the benefits of using us, firstly with your Armenia trip and next, in Mongolia. Be sure to get in touch to let us know all about your adventure. We love the stories! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"It was great to be able to communicate with the local tour company directly. No need of some one in the middle/the UK acting as a post box. Local contact was very helpful, and patient while we fine-tuned our itinerary. Easier than I thought it was going to be."
Hi there, one of the great perks of TravelLocal is direct contact with the local expert - we're so glad you saw the benefits. Have a fantastic trip and thanks so much for your review. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Sarah Page
Verified Buyer
"We haven’t been on our trip yet but so far so good. Having been to Costa Rica already we were looking at going again but to different locations. I stumbled on Travel local on Facebook so decided to enquire. We were put in contact with Mariana who is based in Costa Rica who listened to everything we wanted and has designed us a fantastic 12 night holiday with car hire for us. We made a mistake on our dates to travel home and had to add another night however this was no problem and was changed quickly and trouble free."
Hi Sarah, thank you so much for taking the time to review. We're really glad you found us thanks to Facebook, and now have booked what is sure to be a unique and memorable trip in Costa Rica! Do let us know how it all goes. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
travellocal.com is rated 4.94 based on 157 reviews