travellocal.com Reviews

63 Reviews
Nancy
Verified Buyer

Website is pretty thorough, colorful and functional. Simple with high quality incomparable service. Super friendly and professional. Great way to broaden overseas experience outside the States.
Yeon
Verified Buyer

I found their website on internet. I haven't started my trip yet. However, so far regards to all the planning and coresponding with the representative, it has been best ,easiest and hassle free experience ever. They were kind, accommodating and very quick in response. Also it's the most straight forward and efficient website they have.
Looking forward to my trip and will write more reviews after the trip. I will highly recommend so far. Yeon from Korea
Verified Buyer

Staff at travellical is extremely helpful and responsive. They tried their absolute best to find me the best hotel option possible amid the busy tourist season!
Verified Buyer

I have never used a travel company to help me plan a trip, but i have to say they were awesome
Hywel
Verified Buyer

We planned a 2018 South Africa visit and all staff were most helpful, made changes where necessary and liaised with our Canadian friends so we were all " singing from the same hymn sheet"
Excellent
Thanks
Hywel
Deidre
Verified Buyer

Excellent service and itinerary from TravelLocal and Tailor Made Safaris in South Africa. Really took our needs as a family into account - e.g. looking forward to penguin-watching and a Meerkat safari, something we hadn't even known was on offer. We only had a vague idea of a few of the things we’d like to do -  both Rachael and Jo know so much locally and made great suggestions for our itinerary. Liked being able to message with them on TravelLocal’s website when I wanted to as we evolved the itinerary and the links to accomodation and places of interest were good as well. We wouldn’t have had the time to get this trip off the ground without TravelLocal. And so nice to be able to use a local, knowledgeable travel company. We can’t wait to board that plane!
Lynnea
Verified Buyer

After having a terrible experience with a travel company in the fall of 2016, I was very hesitant to use another travel company. I stumbled upon Travel Local and immediately was attracted to them because of their mission statement, to use local people and companies to provide a local and unique experience, and to boost local economies.

I worked with a woman by the name of Angela who is one of a few staff members for the company M. Trek and Tour based out of Morocco. I told her about my previous experiences with travel companies and she then was able to explain to me how the problems that occurred during that trip with that company could not happen with this company.

I began planning the trip, she was a wealth of knowledge. She would send an itinerary, I would ask questions, let her know what we liked or didn't like from that itinerary, and then she would adjust it and send a new itinerary with the adjustments. She patiently did this with me until we developed the best itinerary for our trip. She answered all my questions, about culture, travel logistics, accommodations, what to expect, why we could or could not do certain things based on weather, travel, timing, etc.

I am so excited for this trip. She was wonderful and really took her time customizing a perfect trip. I will add to my review following our trip, we leave February 10th!
Atanu Chattopadhyay
Unverified Reviewer

Tips and information before going to a tour.
Heather
Verified Buyer

We haven't even gone on our trip yet and I'm already impressed. Travellocal has arranged every possible experience and has reassured me of our safety while traveling in Jordan.
Steve
Verified Buyer

We haven't done the trip yet so should probably reserve final judgement until afterwards but I liked the idea, when I came across it, of paying in this country with ABTA protection for a trip which is organised by a local tour company which Travellocal have vetted & approved. I'd tried a couple of other local companies beforehand which had been so-so but hadn't really responded in the way I'd hoped in order to fix a tailor-made schedule. The Jordanian company I've arranged the trip with through Travellocal have been spot-on, have responded rapidly and in detail & we have sorted an itinerary which I'm very happy with.... and it has all worked out a bit cheaper than I was quoted elsewhere. If the trip turns out to be as well-organised as the planning, I will certainly be recommending others to use Travellocal.
Al
Verified Buyer

So far so good. This is the first time we have used travellocal. Travellocal referred us to Ecole Travel and they are making arrangements for our 16 day tour to Costa Rica. My travel partner and I searched the web to find reviews of Ecole and travellocal. We found few. We got worried and thought we may have been duped after we sent our payment of $3,900. I will update this review after the Feb 2016 trip.
Al Schmauder, Olympia, WA
Dear Al, many thanks for your review. I can reassure you that you have not been duped, far from it. Our partners Ecole Travel are long established and have organised trips for thousands of people over the years. There are reviews of Ecole on our website, which are very positive, and we at TravelLocal undertake thorough due diligence on all the companies on our site. By booking your trip via TravelLocal, your money is 100% financially protected, since TravelLocal is a member of UK based travel organisation ABTA. This means in the highly unlikely event that Ecole or TravelLocal get into financial difficulties that your money would be refunded in full by ABTA. We are also members of ASTA - the American Society of Travel Agents. We'd be happy to provide further reassurance over the phone - +44 1865 242 709 or via email team@travellocal.com. I'm sure you will have a wonderful, memorable trip in Costa Rica, please do not worry.
Eliane Feliz
Unverified Reviewer

If you are looking for an unforgettable travel experience, those are the people that will take care of every detail for you. Your satisfaction iw guaranteed
Gerald Osland
Unverified Reviewer

Just completed a trip from Moscow to Beijing by train with stop overs in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. My route was not direct to Beijing as I wanted to see some of the Silk Road.

My thanks to Olga and the team of ICTS in Tashkent put together a very nice tour itinerary visiting Khiva, Bukhara and Samarkand in Uzbekistan and Almaty in Kazakhstan. Travelling over land to these cities definitely gave me the feeling of the Silk Road, with its Deserts, Wastelands and Grasslands. In the visited cities I was given some of the history of the region plus its wonderful Mosques.

The trip was quite an experience meeting local people travelling back to their home country. I had various conversations including fellow Chinese travellers who were interested in me and where I was going. The translation feature on their smart phones came in useful as they spoke in Chinese and I replied in English both of us speaking into the smart phone.

Travel Local have done a good job in enabling me to travel in this part of the world, being met at stations, picked up at hotels by the tour guide and taken to tourist destinations in the local area.
Sarah And Dudley
Unverified Reviewer

This is our second trip organised through Travel Local. Both have been excellent and well organised by staff in the appropriate countries who have taken our needs and interests into account when suggesting a personalised itinerary.. Will definitely use again and recommend to others.
Sue
Verified Buyer

We were dismayed when the travel company we had booked a month's trip to Central America with went bust, two months before our departure.
Huw from TravelLocal was superb when he heard our problem and put us onto his man on the ground in Costa Rica, Wouter, to organise a new itinerary.
Wouter went into overdrive and, a week later, produced a much better schedule than the original, staying at some superb hotels and even coming in under budget. He really 'got' us and what we wanted to do, incorporating lots of our interests in his Plan. We only had to change one hotel.
Throughout, Huw was keeping an eye on what was going on and offering helpful advice.
We were nervous about using TravelLocal as we had never heard of them and very little came up when we Googled them. However they could not have been more professional and user-friendly, we will definitely use them again.
Again it was easy peasy organising the flight through their contact, Christian Allcorn, who also offered a first class service.
Of course the proof of the holiday is in how it actually goes, but so far so very good.
Sondra
Verified Buyer

The Travellocal staff is very accommodating. Whatever the needs; payment options, changes of itenerary, adding tours, diet restrictions, Travellocal took care of it.
Rachel
Verified Buyer

We have just booked our third trip with Travel Local and it won't be our last! Excellent service and attention to detail, and great value for money.
Andy
Verified Buyer

Have been able to book what looks like a fantastic holiday in Thailand through Travel Local & the agent they put us in touch with in Thailand. It has all been quick & efficient with plenty of opportunity to tailor the holiday to what we want (a mixture of touring & sightseeing & relaxing on a beach). Although it has undoubtedly cost us a bit more than booking everything ourselves it is certainly cheaper than using a normal travel agent. One big advantage for us has been doing everything over the internet as we have been able to research the suggested trips & hotels at our leisure & ask for things to be changed rather than sitting in a travel agents & having to make decisions on the spot. We have not had our holiday yet but we are optimistic that it will be as good as expected based on our experience so far!
Graham
Verified Buyer

Very helpful and prompt in arranging our itinerary and tailoring it to our needs
Jacky
Verified Buyer

We wanted to go to Myanmar, but really weren't sure which tour to do. Found Travellocal online and then went through some of their tours. All sounded good, but we wanted to add and change a few bits. I just said which tours I liked, how many days we planned to spend in Myanmar and the team came up with a few different options. I kept changing dates, but nothing seemed a problem to them at all.
I had an internet issue at one stage and this was sorted by Huw straight away.
They were super efficient in the UK and Myanmar, have given us a great itinerary at a great price.
From the start I had one on one personal support, booking, planning and super friendly.
We go to Myanmar in February and I just cannot wait. I will be more than happy to write another review after our holiday.
travellocal.com is rated 4.94 based on 63 reviews