travellocal.com Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
Read travellocal.com Reviews

About travellocal.com:

TravelLocal is all about bespoke travel - with a difference.

We help you to create tailor-made holidays your way, with carefully selected local experts based in nearly 50 destinations worldwide. Since 2012 we have scoured the globe to find these expert companies - entrepreneurs and innovators from Argentina to Zanzibar and many countries in between.

They know your destination better than anyone. They use that knowledge to craft unforgettable trips, unique to you, that combine your ideas with their local knowledge and contacts, to bring the world to life.

You get a better, more authentic holiday experience and they get a fairer deal. And for peace of mind, we are members of ABTA and your booking is 100% financially protected.

These are reviews of the TravelLocal website and booking process. For reviews of the trips our customers have taken, please go to the TravelLocal website.

Tell us how travellocal.com made you happy
TWIMC So far my experience with travellocal.com has proven nothing but positive. The initial enquiry was dealt with both quickly and efficiently, which encouraged me to consider our options with the company. After several emails and a phone call we decided to go with TravelLocal for our holiday. The service has been prompt, we've so far gotten just what we're looking for, and more, and we're looking forward to our holiday in April '22 in Jordan. If the holiday experience is as well organised and pleasant as the booking has been then we're in for a memorable time! Phil.
Love the concept of your website and the confidence it transpires. I’m a travel who loves getting tailor made itineraries being able to pick and choose what I want when I travel whilst ensuring that it’s from a reliable tour operators. This website gives me just that. But on second guess there is still a small sense of scepticism as the local operator were super friendly and responsive a when they were persuading me but once the payment went thru my email response was getting delayed and the language was a little different not that it was rude but it was just not as warm as before. Now it might just be a simple case of getting busy but just a little bit odd that’s all. It just adds to the whole experience and confidence it transpires. Being a person who has booked my trips directly with the hotel concierge or AMEX platinum concierge this is different because it’s a new experience but if it actually turns out to be worthwhile then I think I’d be one loyal customer simply because of the local experience available. But that being said I’ll have to wait and see for the tour experience itself. I’m super excited for this trip with that being said it is going to be reviewed and documented as it’s part of the ASEAN travel initiative. My write up of the whole experience along with review videos would be out. Here’s to hoping for the best because your service could honestly be a diamond to many if it hits the right nodes
We have been able to discuss the sort of trip we wanted, and given helpful suggestions, rather than prescriptive tours or modules.
Travel Local were extremely helpful. They put together a wonderful itinary to suit our requirements. Emails were answered in a timely manner. Very much looking forward to the holiday. If everything runs smoothly I would definately book again in the future with them.
I am not a natural on-line consumer, and I often find websites an unpredictable hassle. Travelllocal was a very pleasant surprise for me. I was able to input an overview of our needs, and was connected very quickly with a local travel expert in Costa Rica. Stephanie from Ecole Travel was excellent to deal with. She was prompt, helpful and insightful. In particular, she was attentive to making arrangements that dealt with my wife's health issues. We are looking forward to our trip to Costa Rica and meeeting Stephanie in person as she gets us off to a good start on Day 1 of our trip. My wife and I have travelled to over 50 countries over the years through a variety of travel suppliers. Travellocal would be the first place we looked in the future.
The local team had some great suggestions that have really improved what we had originally planned. Thanks!
We are looking forward to our trip to Peru. Grecia was able to create an itinerary that covers everything we hope to see with excellent local recommendations. We have found the service and follow-up fast and professional to date and look forward to posting a review afterwards.
I was very pleased With the communication and timely responses. I was working with another travel company who just couldn’t be bothered to write back or answer my questions. I found your travel company to be great to deal with. That is why I chose to book my vacation tour with you. I’m looking forward to the tour to see how it goes.
Layla was really good at turning our wish list of things to do and see in Colombia into a great itinerary She was prompt in answering questions or modifying days and plans Not easy with the 5 hr time lag so top notch service
We found the whole planning process really easy with TravelLocal. We indicated our preferences re transport, accommodation, sights and budget and María in San José came straight back to us with a wonderful itinerary. With a few modifications, this fitted our budget and our dreams perfectly. What seemed a daunting prospect became effortless. We are now really looking forward to our trip in April. Thank you, team.
I am not in favour of the increasingly common practice of being asked to comment or write reviews for everything these days. So far I am most happy and hope very much the same standard will apply to the whole process.
Helpful & patient putting together our trip ,nothing was too much trouble , we made lots of changes & added extras to our itinery
Hello! We’re glad to hear you easily customized your holiday the way you wanted - that is why our wonderful experts are there for. Please do leave us a post-trip review on our website, to let us know how it all went! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Muhammad was very responsive to all of our many questions about our trip to Jordan. He made us feel very comfortable booking with you
Hello Ruth, thank you so much for leaving us a review. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday planning experience with our brilliant local expert out in Jordan, Mohammed. Do let us know on our website your post holiday impressions. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
I arranged two trips with TravelLocal/Tonkin Travel in the south and North of Vietnam. I must have made a dozen tweaks and changes, but Dzung, our rep, remained friendly efficient, fast and accommodating every step of the way. This is the first time we have ever gone for an arranged tour and so far (not going on the trip until next year) the experience has been more than positive. ON this basis alone I would highly recommend TravelLocal
Hi, Sean! Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. We’re really pleased to hear that you’ve enjoyed going for a tailor-made trip this time. We certainly believe it’s a brilliant way to make the most out of your travels, by benefiting from our local experts’ knowledge. We are sure your holiday will truly be a memorable one so keep us in the loop on our website when you come back! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Our travel consultant went out of her way to arrange just what we wanted for our holiday. Nothing was too much trouble. Will let you know after the holiday if it all worked out as well as we expect it to!
Thank you for leaving us a review, Stephen! We’re really happy to know that your requests have been transformed into an exciting trip to look forward to. Our local experts in your destination will make sure that you have a fabulous holiday - please do let us know on our website how it goes! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Very happy with response time and patience with multiple itinerary changes. Travelling nxt year and will follow review up to see if the great service continues
Hello, Julian! Thanks for taking the time to share your holiday booking experience with us. We’re really glad to know that you have enjoyed planning your trip with us so far. Wonderful Nga out in Vietnam will make sure you receive amazing service at the destination as well. You will be able to write us a follow up review on our website - we can’t wait to hear all about it! All the best, the TravelLocal Team
A very friendly firm who listened to what we would like to do. They put us in touch with a local company who were extremely helpful, now can’t wait for our trip.
Thank you for your kind words, Sue! We are really happy to know that our vision came across right and we can’t wait to hear your post trip thoughts! You can leave us a review on our website when you return. Have an amazing time away! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Very efficient, informative and helpful
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad your experience was smooth and useful. Tell us how it all went on our website when you come back. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Very responsive and efficient. Very good service. Looking forward to the holiday in Jordan
Obviously I haven’t been on the trip yet but so far dealing with Nutan has been a very easy experience and she is working hard to accommodate us.
Hi, Clare! Thank you for your lovely review. We are thrilled to know your experience so far has aligned with the organisation’s values. Nutan, our local expert out in India, is lovely and will make sure everything goes as planned, if not better! Share your holiday experience with us when you return home on our website, we are curious to find out what you thought of it! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
travellocal.com is rated 4.91 based on 326 reviews