travellocal.com Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend travellocal.com

How would you rate travellocal.com?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"So glad we found this travel company. Can’t offer enough praise from the moment we sent our enquiry to booking. We dealt with Mariana from Ecole who has been amazing and seemed to know exactly what we were looking for. Can’t wait to enjoy Costa Rica. We would definitely use again. Thank you"
Pippa Medcalf
Verified Buyer
"Charming, prompt, efficient service. Excellent communication. Knowledgeable, trustworthy"
"travellocal put me in touch with Secret Oman - they organised a wonderful trip based on my briefing. The website was very easy to use and provided a simple platform for communicating with Secret Oman. Also the payment was quick and secure."
"It was just so easy! My daughter and I plan to visit Costa Rica. I emailed travel local with a range of dates, included some things we definitely wanted to visit/experience and named a couple of hotels I liked the look of and within a couple of days I'd been sent a full itinerary which included everything we wanted including suggested tours and transfers between hotels. Soledad produced the perfect trip for us and we can't thank her enough!"
Hi Julie, thank you so much for this lovely review! Soledad is definitely a star and a real expert - you're in good hands. We're sure your Costa Rica trip will be fantastic, but do report back and let us know how it went. Have a great holiday! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Helen Mattacott
Verified Buyer
"I had an idea of what we wanted to do - a couple in their late 50s travelling to Indonesia for a 3 week experience - and sent the idea to Travel Local. Evy has been fab - she has been very efficient in replying and giving helpful advice. We have now agreed a great trip and are looking forward to it."
Thanks for your review Helen. We're really pleased you've had a great experience so far, and can't wait to hear all about your adventures in Indonesia. Be sure to keep us updated! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Nikki Walker
Verified Buyer
"What a great concept ....the ability to link in with local experts and book directly was fantastic. I did also have a chat with head office when there was a delay in response and they were super helpful and responsive."
We're so pleased you love the concept, Nikki! Thank you so much for reviewing us - and keep us updated on your trip, we'd love to hear all about it! Best wishes from the TravelLocal team.
Susan Mitchell
Verified Buyer
"Easy efficient booking of tailor made trip to Uzbekistan. Excellent!"
Thank you, Susan, for your kind review! We're thrilled that your booking went smoothly and be sure to update us on your Uzbek adventure! Many thanks, the TravelLocal team.
"They are quick to answer"
Thanks very much for your review. Kind regards, the TravelLocal team.
Olivia Sloan
Verified Buyer
"Excellent service, someone friendly to discuss my holiday with. The itinerary was very flexible and easily adapted to suit my requests. Nice to have suggestions as to local things to do in Georgia!"
Thanks for the review Olivia - Georgia is a fantastic place and we're so pleased you've had a good experience so far. Let us know how it all goes on your trip! Best regards, the TravelLocal team.
Timothy Miller
Verified Buyer
"Friendly helpful but also very professional. Communication was very quick at each stage of our initial enquiry and then through the booking procedure. We changed our times and length of travel this was dealt with promptly and efficiently, directly with Nulla the representative in India. A big factor in our booking through Travel local was their affiliation to ABTA, I felt confident making my booking. Another big factor in booking were the very good reviews."
We really appreciate the review, Timothy, and we're so pleased you've had a smooth experience so far with our local experts in India. Thanks for adding another shining review to the list! Have a fantastic trip and do let us know how it goes. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Nathalie Abbott
Verified Buyer
"My trip to Costa Rica was a last minute idea so booking with other companies wasn't going to work as they were either fully booked or not the right dates for us. Travel Local popped up in my searches so I decided to send in the form of what I was looking for and they got back to me ASAP. They proposed an itinerary, and a few tweaks later, I accepted it, booked it and started packing! It was all done within a week and a half, and within budget! Everything went well, on-time and reliably. I have to say, I found a gold nugget of travel options with Travel Local. I would definitely use them again and do recommend it to anyone who does not have to time to figure out the details of a trip and wants transfers organized for them as well as hotel and some activities. Good job Travel Local!"
We love this review, Nathalie - thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this brilliant feedback. Costa Rica is a fantastic place and we're pleased (though not surprised!) that you had such a great time. Do think of us when planning your next trip. Kind regards, the TravelLocal team.
"Yadanar at Expeditions Myanmar was fabulous to work with: efficient and responsive when planning online and lovely to meet in person in Yangon, wonderfully hospitable. The guides and drivers looked after me well and I had a great three weeks in Myanmar. Prices were very competitive. It was reassuring that I was able to deal with a local travel company but had the security of travellocal's financial protection."
Thank you Anna for your kind words - we're thrilled that you had a wonderful and memorable time in Myanmar, and were well looked after. We really appreciate the review. Do let us know next time you're planning an exciting trip - we'll be happy to help. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Very competitively priced. Holidays tailor-made to our needs and our budget. Polly who is our Travel consultant is very responsive and is able to adjust holiday plans according to our needs. We still haven't completed our holiday yet and this review is about the booking process."
We're glad we've proved satisfactory so far, and thanks so much for taking the time to review. Polly is great as you've already experienced, and you're sure to have a brilliant time in Brazil thanks to her and her team. Have a fantastic trip! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Jenny Kahrl
Verified Buyer
"We have travelled with TravelLocal several times, and every trip has been excellent and a lot of fun. Our first trip started with a request by our adopted son, then 12, to return to the BabyHouse in Kazakhstan where he was born. Mind you- this was 10 years after we were there for the adoption. Russians had mostly departed from Kazakhstan, and we knew only the name of Kiril's birth city, not even the name of the Baby House. Travellocal contacts FOUND the orphanage, contacted them, and arranged a wonderful visit for us-- and we were the first Westerners to visit the BabyHouse in 7 years! (3 levels of Travellocal guides and interpreters helped us with that trip deep into interior Kazakhstan.) A bit of a miracle and an incredible life experience for our son. Then Travellocal contacts arranged a fantastic tour of several Kazakh national parks, a wild bird sanctuary, an amazing greenhouse from the early Soviet era, local food cafeterias, an incredible hike across an enormous "Singing Sand Dune", all with local guides from the towns we were visiting. A lifetime gift for all of us. Next- Tanzania with one of the most energetic, knowledgeable, back country wildlife guides in the country. We always found ourselves AWAY from the crowds, and were usually the first viewers of special events like a lioness kill of a baby wildebeest, a pride of lions basking after a feast, or lions being rebuffed by elephants, or wild foxes at dawn, or the birth of a wildebeest calf. And all this at a time when most leopards or prides of lions were surrounded by up to 20 tourist vehicles. TravelLocal found the local company that took us deeper, farther, earlier, and with more detail and information into the Tanzania wilds. Again- our teenage boys and we loved it all. And- India! Spice stores in the depths of Delhi's non-tourist alleys, a walk across the Howgli River Bridge in the midst of thousands of working Indians, tent camps with gourmet meals from gardens just a few feet from the dining hall, prayer readings chanted all night long for Krishna, a rowboat trip across a beautiful Indian lake, a ride on Indian horses at the border of a national park filled with tigers, flying kites on a roof in Rajastan, listening to the midnight explosions that announced the grooms imminent arrival during wedding season. Travellocal guides brought us into the middle of Indian life and customs, introduced us to families and village streets and farmers and the beauty of India. And we head to Japan this coming spring, and can't wait for the surprises and back streets and special customs and beauty that Travellocal guides find, with joy and enthusiasm and incredible welcome and pride, for their visitors. We will choose Travellocal guide services over and over as we explore the back roads of the world."
A fantastic review, Jenny! A pleasure to read. Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We're thrilled that you've had so many life-affirming experiences with our experts all over the world, and can't wait to hear more. Here's to making more memories in fantastic Japan! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Lisa, Heather And Emmanuel
Verified Reviewer
"Diallotours, Jai-rruh-jef for the amazing tour of Senegal. Lisa, Emmanuel and myself had such a fantastic time and were very well looked after. Philip is a great guide - he arranged some fabulous tours with great local guides and tended to our every need. Mamadou was an excellent driver and we felt very safe with him at the wheel despite the really long journeys. We all loved Senegal and the time we spent with Philip and Mamadou. We will always share those special memories."
Thanks for the review Lisa, Heather and Emmanuel - we're so pleased you had such a memorable trip in Senegal. It's a wonderful country and it sounds like you were well looked after! Do get in touch when you want to plan your next trip! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Nothing was too much trouble before and during the trip. Short trip to Jordan at short notice. We did everything we wanted and felt safe and extremely well looked after at every step of the way."
So pleased you had a fantastic experience booking with us Helen, and a brilliant trip in Jordan! Do think of us when you're looking to travel again. All the best, the TravelLocal team,
"The ability to book with a local company and to exchange emails directly with them to ask questions and make changes to the itinerary is wonderful. We know we will be meeting the people we have communicated with during our holiday and that the majority of our payment will reach them and the people of the country we're visiting."
It's good to know you liked using the system Chris, we really appreciate the feedback. Here's to a fantastic trip! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Excellent advice. They listen to what your likes and dislikes are. Very prompt with replies. You feel as though you are in hands of true professionals and they want you to have a great time. Highly recommend."
We're so pleased you had a good experience booking a bespoke tour with us. We do want you to have a great time! Thanks so much for leaving a review. Best regards, the TravelLocal team.
Deb Durbin
Verified Buyer
"What can I say...I wish I knew about this site before! I wanted to book a surprise trip to India for my mum, who has always wanted to visit the Golden Triangle. I simply typed in when and where we would like to go and within a day the Travel Local team had arranged the perfect trip and so much cheaper than a high street travel agent! I fully recommend this to anyone for planning the perfect getaway. Can't prise them highly enough!"
Thank you so much Deb, for these kind words and for taking the time to leave a review. We're really pleased you've enjoyed the experience so far - and there's much more to come! Have a fantastic time in India. Best regards, the TravelLocal team.
Juliet Cheetham
Verified Buyer
"They planned with great efficiency and minimum of fuss a week's trip to Uzbekstan. All the arrangements worked perfectly. We had a lovely car and driver and help all along the way in this amazing country. It was very good to work wioth a local company and the cost of the holiday was considerably cheaper than the same arrangements from other firms"
Hi Julia, we're so pleased you had the trip of a lifetime in Uzbekistan and were well looked after by Olga and the team. Thanks also for the 5* review on the TravelLocal site, we really appreciate your feedback. Please don't hesitate to contact us again for your next trip! We'd be happy to help. Best wishes, the TravelLocal team.
travellocal.com is rated 4.95 based on 118 reviews