travellocal.com Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend travellocal.com

How would you rate travellocal.com ?

Samo Naraks
Verified Buyer
"Great idea with impeccable performance - been using them three times and I can't find fault."
Chris Gavin
Verified Buyer
"This is such a brilliant idea for those of us who would prefer to support local travel companies in the countries we travel in, but would also like to enjoy ABTA guarantees and security. Not only is more of our money going directly into the economy of the country we are visiting, but talking and planning directly with a local expert means that we are able to build the holiday we really want. We first used Travel Local in 2014 to help us plan a trip to northern India - it was a great experience. We are now planning another trip to a more remote area of northern India for this autumn and are confident that we will have another great experience."
Birgit Sode
Verified Buyer
"We have just booked our 2nd holiday with TravelLocal. On both occasions we found a local agency with extensive knowledge, a good understanding of our wishes, great service and fast response. They created amazing itineraries for us. The first holiday was perfect and we are now looking forward to all the experiences described in our new itinerary. I have no doubt that TravelLocal have chosen the best local partners. The concept of enabling western travellers to go with the best local tour operator is super."
Tony Orhnial
Verified Buyer
"Strongly recommend the Travellocal business model - selecting local partners after carrying out due diligence, and providing both a safe payment channel in a variety of currencies and ABTA protection. It takes most of the risk and hassle out of dealing with local travel agencies and getting past the formulaic offerings of UK/international agencies. We had a brilliant, carefully tailored trip to Armenia in 2017 and have used Travellocal again to arrange travel in Mongolia in July 2018."
What a great review, thanks so much Tony for taking the time. We're really pleased you've seen the benefits of using us, firstly with your Armenia trip and next, in Mongolia. Be sure to get in touch to let us know all about your adventure. We love the stories! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"It was great to be able to communicate with the local tour company directly. No need of some one in the middle/the UK acting as a post box. Local contact was very helpful, and patient while we fine-tuned our itinerary. Easier than I thought it was going to be."
Hi there, one of the great perks of TravelLocal is direct contact with the local expert - we're so glad you saw the benefits. Have a fantastic trip and thanks so much for your review. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Sarah Page
Verified Buyer
"We haven’t been on our trip yet but so far so good. Having been to Costa Rica already we were looking at going again but to different locations. I stumbled on Travel local on Facebook so decided to enquire. We were put in contact with Mariana who is based in Costa Rica who listened to everything we wanted and has designed us a fantastic 12 night holiday with car hire for us. We made a mistake on our dates to travel home and had to add another night however this was no problem and was changed quickly and trouble free."
Hi Sarah, thank you so much for taking the time to review. We're really glad you found us thanks to Facebook, and now have booked what is sure to be a unique and memorable trip in Costa Rica! Do let us know how it all goes. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Emma Clarke
Verified Buyer
"I've not been on the trip yet but Travel Local certainly made my life easier by putting me in touch with a great local operator who provided me with a lot of ideas and was very patient and extremely quick to respond to my questions in a very professional way."
Thanks so much Emma for your review, very pleased you've had a satisfying experience in your contact with Nutan! We hope you have a fantastic trip in India, do let us know how it went, we'd love to hear. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Denise Mills
Verified Buyer
"We think it is very important for local people to be involved in and to benefit from tourism. So TravelLocal is a great tool to facilitate this. Our email was answered promptly and we were quickly put in touch with Ecole Travel who provided us with an excellent service."
Thanks Denise for reviewing, we're pleased you've had a great experience so far. Hope you have a fantastic trip next year, do come back and let us know all about Costa Rica! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Found this site by a wonderful accident! Booked a trip to Jordan, for later this year, and exceeding pleased with the very smooth way everything operated. The people seem both very friendly, professional and helpful. My queries were answered fully and very promptly. The agent in Jordan again most professional and adapted the proposed itinerary several times until we achieved what seems to be a perfect holiday for us. So far, absolutely no problems and fully recommend this company. We will definitely be using them again. This is a independent tour with personal car and driver for two."
Thank you so much for the lovely review. We're so pleased you've had a great experience so far, planning what is sure to be a brilliant trip to Jordan. As you've already seen, Ibrahim and his team will do all they can to help you every step of the way! Please report back after your trip, we'd love to hear all about it. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
David Heap
Verified Buyer
"I wanted to spend a week in Jordan and choose where I'd go. But wanted help with it. So happy to have found travellocal when searching. They have prepared and then adjusted a trip to my specifications. I'll be a solo traveller with different driver/guides - even a four wheel drive jeep across Wadi Rum - with great sounding accommodation, including a tented resort, and will be picked up at the airport and taken to the Allenby bridge to cross Israel. All for a very reasonable price. Will report back after the trip."
Hi David, that sounds like a fantastic solo adventure! We're so pleased you opted to use TravelLocal to help you with your plans. Rest assured Ibrahim and the team will do their utmost to provide a trip you'll never forget. Thank you for the review and do tell us all about your tour when you return. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Kate Naylor
Verified Buyer
"Jose in Colombia couldn't have been more helpful. He put together a great itinerary for us and then efficiently managed a significant number of changes that we needed as our requirements got more and more complicated. I couldn't have attempted to organise this holiday myself without his help. Would absolutely recommend travellocal.com and will be using them again. Thanks Jose."
Thank you so much Kate, it's true, Jose is definitely a star! We're glad you've had a brilliant experience so far in planning your trip with him. Here's to a wonderful adventure in Colombia - be sure to update us on how it goes and get in touch whenever you need to! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Colin Williams
Verified Buyer
"When I first decided to visit Jordan I looked through the usual travel companies i.e. Titan, VJV etc to see what they offer. I have used a number of these tour companies previously with no issues, but visiting Jordan I wanted a bit more flexibility and value for money. I found Travellocal through the Internet and contacted them, I liked the idea of using local travel companies in Jordan because of their local knowledge. All communications between myself and the company have been very good. I have gone with the intinerary they suggested and am looking forward to the visit. If everything works out using local tour operators then I would definitely use this method of booking future holidays."
Hi there Colin, we really appreciate the kind words - thank you. We're very glad you chose to use TravelLocal after much research! The local expertise you receive from Ibrahim and the team in Jordan will hopefully mean you experience a trip unlike any other! We can't wait to hear all about it, be sure to let us know how it went. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Douglas Griffin
Verified Buyer
"We have found this Company very efficient, friendly and helpful. They answer any queries you have quickly and efficiently. We would definitely use them again."
Thank you so much for the review Doug, we're so happy you've had a great experience with us so far! Here's to a fantastic trip in China - we can't wait to hear all about it. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Stephen Brown
Verified Buyer
"I learnt about Travellocal shortly before going on holiday to South America. The website was very informative and the Travellocal team (Cliff) very helpful in putting together a package of local activities to make the most of my short visit."
Hi Stephen, thank you for taking the time to leave us this lovely review. Cliff is very happy at the mention! He definitely works hard to make sure everything runs smoothly, along with our local experts on the ground, and we're glad that because of this you had a pleasing experience in South America. Looking forward to hearing from you again! Many thanks, the TravelLocal team.
Will Simpson
Verified Buyer
"Booking our honeymoon with Travellocal has been a complete pleasure and the service has been second to none. So glad we discovered them! We love the concept of a fairer deal for local travel companies and we've really benefited from the superb local knowledge of the operator we were put in touch with. They quickly created for us a fantastic, bespoke itinerary, as well as very reasonably priced. Our local agent (Carlos in Chile) was extremely patient and incredibly helpful throughout the process and the website very simple to use. We're very happy that our money will definitely reach our chosen destination, whilst safe in the knowledge we are financially protected. A real personal service which we can't recommend more highly. Also, thanks for allowing us to donate $25 at no extra cost to a local charity! Happy to spread the word..."
Thank you for this fantastic review, Will. We never get bored of reading such kind words! Thank you also for your feedback on the Kiva contribution, it's great to hear that our customers appreciate this. Finally, congratulations on your wedding and and upcoming honeymoon, which is sure to be an unforgettable Chilean adventure. We can't wait to hear all about it! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Travellocal has made planning adventures in less known places a joy! I am amazed at the ease in navigating the website and pleased to have everything right there for reference and continued communication. The promptness of responses are incredible and follow up on all concerns or issues make you feel like a valued customer. The local company's attention to detail, addressing your wishes, makes you feel confident that this will be a once in a life time experience! I am so happy to have found Travellocal!!!"
Thanks for your kind words about the platform, always good to hear! And we're so pleased you had a quick, positive experience in communication with your local expert - which is sure to continue when you go on your trip! Can't wait to hear all about it! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Wendy Lansbury
Verified Buyer
"I had never heard of travellocal.com until their details came up on my computer. I had been researching Costa Rica with the purpose of booking a holiday as the brochures I had seen didn't quite give us the type of holiday we were looking for. We wanted to see as much of the island & wildlife as we could but we weren't quite confident enough to do it independently. Once I began to correspond with travellocal it soon became apparent that we could have a tailor made itinerary suiting both our travel requests and our budget. They put us in touch with the local people who, after all are the experts and want you to see their country at it's finest. We received immediate responses (allowing for the time difference) to all our questions until we had the trip that we desired. We have now finalized and booked our holiday and have to say that we cannot wait. It seems such a natural way to book a holiday and the fact that the money goes back to help the Costa Rican people is brilliant. I would certainly recommend travellocal and look forward to arranging our next trip,(perhaps Sri Lanka) ."
Hi Wendy, what a great review, thank you so much for taking the time. We're so pleased that you've had a smooth experience so far, as is expected with the brilliant Soledad! Can't wait to hear all about Costa Rica, Wendy - please let us know how it went when you return. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Easy portal to contact local travel agents, swift response and follow up."
Thank you very much for your review, be sure to let us know how your trip goes! Many thanks, the TravelLocal team
Darius Bartlett
Verified Buyer
"After a half-century of organising my own travel independently (more than 70 countries so far), I am about to take my first trip organised through Travel Local. I totally buy in to the concept of empowering local enterprises and, so far, everything has gone smoothly. The agent in Costa Rica has gone out of her way to put together a customised itinerary based on my preferences and expectations, and has been a pleasure to deal with. I am much looking forward to my visit."
Hi Darius, we're very happy you've chosen us for your first foray into customised travel! It's sure to be a brilliant trip, and with Mariana you're in good hands. Looking forward to hearing about it. All the best, the TravelLocal team
Robert Dunphy
Verified Buyer
"We have not gone to India yet but so far so good. We knew roughly where we wanted to go and at what time. Travel Local helped us avoid the pitfalls of booking unknown companies off the internet whilst directing some of the monies to local people in India. We changed our itinerary several times to pack as much in as possible. This was never any trouble. Skype is available and we used this to answer face to face questions before booking"
Hi Robert, thank you for taking the time to review us, it's much appreciated. Our experts in India are really great and you're sure to have an incredible experience. Be sure to update us on how it went! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
travellocal.com is rated 4.94 based on 143 reviews