travellocal.com Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend travellocal.com

About travellocal.com: TravelLocal is all about bespoke travel - with a difference.

We help you to create tailor-made holidays your way, with carefully selected local experts based in nearly 50 destinations worldwide. Since 2012 we have scoured the globe to find these expert companies - entrepreneurs and innovators from Argentina to Zanzibar and many countries in between.

They know your destination better than anyone. They use that knowledge to craft unforgettable trips, unique to you, that combine your ideas with their local knowledge and contacts, to bring the world to life.

You get a better, more authentic holiday experience and they get a fairer deal. And for peace of mind, we are members of ABTA and your booking is 100% financially protected.

Click Here

Tell us how travellocal.com made you happy

Email, Live Chat
6 - 12 Hours
"This out third trip with travel local...once again excellent service in planning our trip ,lea from tailor made safari has been EXTREMELY patient as we changed the itinerary several times ...travelling in march .thankyou"
"Response to our request dealt with promptly as were all the revisions to our itinerary. Consultants could be a little informed on flight bookings"
"Our trip to India has been planned very carefully by Abha, she has been extremely helpful and patient with changes that we have requested along the way. Abha has a great knowledge of all areas and has been able to provide us with good advice. Abha would respond to emails quickly which has helped. We have a trip planned from the north to south of India. We are really excited and looking forward to our perfectly planned trip."
"Excellent communication"
"We heard of Travel Local in a newspaper/mag and liked the idea of using and paying locals for our trip to Nepal and Bhutan rather than a company solely based in the UK We wanted to to do a trip involving places we went to 25 years ago and also Bhutan ... of which we knew very little about The UK team booked our flight tickets and co ordinated everything perfectly with Nature trail in Nepal .... In the past we have tended to book everything ourselves and they have made the whole thing so easy for us .we told them roughly what we wanted to do and then tweaked the itinerary several times ..with ease via emails ... and had all of our questions dealt with quickly and efficiently Fantastic professional and very friendly . Yes .... I am happy to recommend their service to anyone We are off tomorrow so will report back when we return at the end of November about our stay Thanks again"
"Very fast response with all details of our itinerary clearly explained. Changes we requested were handled quickly and accommodated. We now have our perfect tour booked and look forward to the same level of service when we arrive. Great service for our custom tour to Sri Lanka"
"We just booked a 13 day private tour for Sri Lanka. We had reached out to 5 different travel agencies and Travellocal offered the best customer service and the best tailored package tour. They made great recommendations based on our needs. They are very responsive and answered all your questions. It has been a great experience so far and we are looking forward to our trip!"
"After reading about Travelocal.com, I decided to contact them about a trip to S Africa. My questions were dealt with very efficiently by them The website was easy to use and messages between ourselves and the company in S Africa were exchanged easily. The itinerary, prices, messages and other details are clear to see."
Hi Ann, thank you for taking the time to leave us this lovely review! We're really glad to hear that you've enjoyed the holiday planning process so far with the wonderful team in South Africa and found our site easy to use. You can see their glowing reviews post trip here: https://www.travellocal.com/countries/south-africa/reviews if you're interested! You're in for a fantastic trip! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"The company helped us achieve our tailor made itinerary in an extremely efficient manner . All queries were answered by return and good advice given. The holiday that we wanted was organised and supplied at a price we could afford.."
"I love the way TravelLocal is organized. All people I was in touch with so far were very professional, friendly and knowledgeable of their area of expertise. Their anwers were meaningful, comprehensive and quick. So far I loved the whole process of building up the itinerary and booking the flights as it was easy and fast for me as a tourist. I believe my actual trip will go the same way."
"not now. perhaps later not done yet"
"Highly responsive - quick and efficient. Holidays tailored to our requirements, using local knowledge and market experience. Brave enough to say 'No' when we asked for something impractical. First, second and third impressions all good."
"We love Travellocal and recommend them to all our friends! We have used their services for several trips in many parts of the world and appreciate their connections to local agencies. We have always been impressed and delighted with the results!"
"First time user but great experience so will certainly use for future trips. I like the concept and reality of being able to research, fine tune and book a trip with a local travel operator using a UK based company."
Hi Simon, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a lovely review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed the concept - we hope you have an incredible trip and look forward to hearing all about it when you return! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Please beware, that the UK office plays no involvement in assiting with the planning or arrangements, and you are left dealing with in my case an agent in Sri Lanka. Who when it became apparent that i was not happy with his recommendations that i paid for entrance fees and arranged tours myself otherwise he would charge commision and having asked that he cancel my enquiry sent a lenghty rant culminating in the following ''So Stephen, with all the respect to you sir, in my opinion, it is not that we did not understand your requirement, but we were given different requirements at different times by you. But I must say that we love that. Because, we are here to plan your trip with expert local knowledge and suggestions. So we did all these in good heart and with a passion.'' The UK office was contacted for comment with no reply. Your choice."
Hello Steve, I'm sorry that your conversation with our local partner in Sri Lanka didn't go smoothly and that you did not book your holiday with us - we pride ourselves on putting travellers directly in touch with people in the destination they want to visit, as we feel that they are absolutely the best people to help you plan your trip.
Their advice is always made with customers' best interests at heart, and any bluntness will be from an intent to be clear and useful in their communications.
We in the TravelLocal team are proud of the goodwill and reputation we have built with customers through taking all feedback seriously, and we are very active in trying to resolve any issues which do occur.
We would be delighted to hear from you in future if you choose to give TravelLocal another go.
All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"We were very impressed with the speed of responses from our first initial enquiry through to the final itinerary. All our queries were answered promptly and clearly. The local agent in Brazil was helpful, efficient and knowledgeable. She has produced for us what seems like an exciting and interesting trip with a good mix of culture, activity and local experiences. I would highly recommend using the company. In fact, I have already done so!"
Hi, thank you for this lovely review and recommending us - we really appreciate it! It’s fantastic to know how wonderful the service has been from our amazing partners in Brazil. They are so passionate about sharing their diverse country with visitors and it certainly sounds like they’ve crafted your bespoke itinerary to include a real variety of experiences. We wish you a truly wonderful trip. Please let us know how it goes. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Wonderful support and service specially when I got in a muddle"
Hi Jocelyn, thank you for your kind words - we really appreciate it! Do continue to go back and forth with the lovely Sophie in Tbilisi should you have any questions between now and your trip. We wish you a fantastic time in Georgia, you will have to let us know how you get on! All the best, the TravelLocal team
"I found Travel local excellent to deal with they are very efficient and take in all your suggestions, a deliver you the holiday you want, brilliant"
Hi Trina, thank you for your lovely review! It's great to hear you've got the holiday you wanted and we can't wait to hear all about it after you've travelled! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"So far so good! Travel Local, via their local experts have put together a trip that, hopefully, will be perfect. Their contact in Tashkent has been endlessly patient as I tweaked the itinerary bit by bit and has always responded promptly. I try to travel responsibly and like to know I’m benefitting the country I’m visiting. I have been looking for a tour to Uzbekistan for some time that visited all the place I wanted to see. I found a couple of foreign companies whose itinerary was almost right but worried about the security of my payments, and a UK company who could only offer a tour on specified dates - not the ones I wanted. This company answers everything, local organisation but the comfort of knowing my payment is secure and dates and a tour to suit me exactly (and compared to other tours I’ve looked at, at a very reasonable price) - what a great concept. I am very much looking forward to my visit and trust that the tour will be every bit as good as my initial experiences with this company have been."
Hi Trish, thank you for your amazing review! We're really glad to hear we ticked all the boxes and that you found exactly what you were looking for! We hope you have an incredible trip and look forward to hearing about it when you return. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"I booked holidays to Bhutan. I changed my ideas, asked thousand questions and wasn’t the easiest client. Every time I got a fast answer, program of this holidays was changed to please me and I am more than happy. I will tell you how it goes after my trip. For now - very good experience."
Hi Iwona, thank you for your lovely review! It's great to hear that the team in Bhutan were able to accommodate all of your needs and were so efficient in doing so. We can't wait to hear about your travels when you return! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
travellocal.com is rated 4.91 based on 296 reviews