Traditional Beams Reviews

Traditional Beams 5 star review on 9th July 2020
Stacey Newrick
lee williams
More Photos & Videos
I received my beam and it was at first fine. As it is real oak there are changes to be expected within weeks an unsightly crack along the top. Which is rough and would cut your finger to touch Where I can appreciate the rustic look a hideous looking raised crack I would. I am disappointed with the response from the traditional beam staff
Traditional Beams 1 star review on 20th January 2020 Traditional Beams 1 star review on 20th January 2020 Traditional Beams 1 star review on 20th January 2020
We purchased two rustic oak shelves, brackets and a rustic oak beam and are thrilled with them - beautifully finished and look gorgeous in our room. Very friendly and helpful service prior to ordering and, when there was a slight issue on receipt of items, it was quickly sorted out for us. Would highly recommend.
The whole package from website ordering to delivery was everything you would want.
The fire place oak beam I ordered is of great quality and was straight forward to fit but did need a bit of muscle to slide onto the brackets supplied, but this only gave me more confidence that the beam will not slip away from support rods secured in the wall
Hello, Thank you so much for the lovely review. We are so pleased that you are happy with your oak beam and found fitting and everything in the lead up to delivery perfect! We would love to see you again. Many Thanks!
Extremely pleased with our new beam. Arrived very quickly and was packaged very well. Is now the centre piece of our newly decorated living room. Would highly recommend. Thank you!
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 26th September 2016
I am soo impressed by my beam,it was delivered so quickly and when i saw it the finish was absolutely perfect.We had made two brick pillars either side of our brick fireplace,to bring it further into the room and the beam finishes the whole fireplace off perfectly!!!
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 27th February 2020
Hello, Thank you for leaving us a review and a brilliant photo. We are pleased you are happy and we would love to see you again.
From the moment of ordering and to delivery it was excellent The beam is beautiful and heavy and has transformed my living room....even the delivery driver was charming....We will definitely be ordering from this company again.
Hello Jane and Mark. We are really pleased that the ordering process went smoothly for you and that you love the look and quality of your oak fireplace beam. We hope to see you again.
I was unhappy about the way my complaint was handled. Basically I felt that I could take it or leave it. I was not really given any help at all.
Traditional Beams 3 star review on 8th July 2019
I am sorry to hear you were not happy with how your complaint was handled however on this occasion the beam your received is completely normal and does look brilliant! I have attached a photo to this review for reference. The crack is in no way excessive and looks very much like photos we show online. We also state online distinguishing features can not be treated as defects. We are expects in the oak beam industry and would not send anything out that we feel is unsuitable. We do accept returns but as there is nothing wrong with the beam we would expect the return to be organised by yourself.
Delighted with our oak beam, perfect look for our cottage. Beautifully made, fast delivery, love that you can choose width depth and length, in the colour to match your original beams
Very good company to deal with.
(My husband and I managed, with accurate measurements, to fit it ourselves)
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 5th June 2019 Traditional Beams 5 star review on 5th June 2019
Hello Lizzie, Thank you so much for leaving us a review and also sharing some beautiful photos of your room, it really does look lovely. We are thrilled you are pleased with the options you could choose and we would love to see you again.
Brilliant service an product !
So happy with the quality im beaming!!!!!
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 21st December 2018
Hello Linda, thank you for leaving us a review. Your fireplace looks amazing. I am so pleased that you are happy with your beam. It's lovely seeing our customers so happy. We would love to see you again.
Great product look amazing, simple to fit and good delivery
Hello Ronald, Thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Traditional Beams and would love to see you again.
Purchased this beautiful, shaped oak beam finished in danish oil. Great company to deal with, speedy delivery and beam exceeded expectations on arrival. Clear instructions for installation also supplied.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review! Your fireplace looks beautiful. Thank you so much for your business.
excellent, prompt service and product from Traditional Beams but let down by the poor service of the parcel delivery organisation used, who failed to deliver on two consecutive days. Had it not been for the poor delivery I would have awarded 5 stars.
Beam arrived with no bracket to fix. Contacted company who apologised and said they would send out in the post. A week later and still not here so have had to contact them for a second time. Beam itself if very nice but not much use on the floor.
Firstly, thank-you for your feedback.

I'm very sorry for this oversight on our part initially. We are very busy at this time of year and inevitably mistakes can happen from time to time. I have relayed the feedback to our packaging team.

We dispatched the brackets with Royal Mail 1st class the very same day so it's very disappointing to hear that they didn't arrive. You're second pair is on it's way and should be with you in the next few days with my hermes.

Many thanks,
Freddie.
I bought this as a house warming present, I have a photo of it above the new fireplace and it looks great.
I ordered a solid oak beam for above my fireplace. I received a fantastic product. The beam was finished perfectly and looks amazing. The fixings and instructions were easy to use. There are only two fixings but this is more than enough to hold up this very heavy beam. I am extremely happy with the product and would have no hesitation in recommending them.
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 5th October 2016
Excellent product with excellent delivery service delivered within a week of order only improvement would be to communicate a delivery forecast when ordered
Quick and easy ordering system, the beam arrived quickly, well packaged and in perfect condition. Really lovely, solid beam which looks great. Love it.
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 2nd October 2016
Extremely pleased with the beam excellent quality was a bit worried to buy this online without really seeing it but should not have worried it is beautiful. It was a reasonable price for the quality and finish it arrived within a week of ordering would highly recommend
Very impressed with quality of our new mantle, best price on the net. Delivery took a little longer than promised but a small gripe considering the quality and finish.
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 15th September 2016
Great price for the mantlepiece. The fixings are a little questionable, though. It doesn't feel very secure, despite following the instructions to the letter and is angled down slightly with the weight of the beam at the front. I think I am going to have to put some No More Nails behind the beam to hold it flat against the wall. Also, it would be nice for the company to keep you informed as to the status of the order as well. I found myself having to ask what was happening after just over a week of no contact. I was then told it was ready for delivery, but I was beginning to wonder. However, the beam seems good quality, and the "light" finish gives it a smooth finish for which dust and liquids should be wiped off quickly and easily. I would use again, but might look closer at the fitment next time.
Traditional Beams 4 star review on 13th July 2016
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review. We will certainly take your feedback on board with regards to the communication issue. With regards to the concealed brackets supplied with the beams, unfortunately they seem to be the best option available to us at the moment. If you think you would benefit from another set sent out please get in touch. I agree that some grab adhesive such as no more nails or similar would help solve this problem.
Traditional Beams is rated 4.89 based on 1,075 reviews