The CVSquad Reviews

of reviewers recommend The CVSquad
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read The CVSquad Reviews

About The CVSquad:

The CVSquad™ - Multi-Award Winning Premium CV Writing Service with 1-2-1 consultations. Bespoke CVs & Career Advise - Unique, Personal & 100% Guaranteed.

A hybrid team of highly experienced recruitment and writing experts who have come together to share knowledge and help arm job seekers with the tools they need to secure the best jobs, earning potential and career success.

We specialise in your industry and we will make sure that your CV looks and reads at its best. As CV writing Specialists, we know what your CV needs to stand out, what needs to be on your CV (and perhaps, what doesn't), and express and present it all professionally. A professional and tailored CV can open doors for you that might lead to a great job. Our professional CV Writers know how to spotlight your most worthy accomplishments and skills.

Every CV is bespoke and tailored around your experience, skills and level of career. We never use templates or reusable content.

info@thecvsquad.com

Tell us how The CVSquad made you happy
Firstly, I would say that whilst I had a bad experience where i felt that there has been completely zero value-for-money, there is still some merit in this product. It is especially tailored to people who do not have the time or cannot express themselves appropriately.

If you expect a fancy, eye-catching looking CV, this is NOT the place to go to. What you will get is quite literally a wall of text and just lists everything that you have done. Very generic stuff and is genuinely something most people could put together. I have submitted my CV to a few recruiters and senior management in a few established firms and the general feedback was along the lines of: the CV doesn't do anything to upsell my achievements, if anything it makes it hard to figure out what I've actually done as the presentation looks lacklustre and everything is hidden in a wall of text. This style of CV may be good for online applications where you get screened but if you were to manually pick out key points, this is not the place to go to.

Granted, the CV writer did make an effort to draw some info from me (of which I believed could be googled, like basic project info) but what really put me off was that nothing that was done in this CV couldn't have been done by anyone else. That is why I will stress again, this product is useful for people who don't have the time to put into their own CV. Aside from that, it is pretty much useless.

They mentioned that they had a refund policy whereby if the customer did not wish to proceed with the work then they would consider a refund. I was not satisfied and expressed it but rather than offering a partial refund, the response was that as the first couple drafts (considered a working CV) was delivered, no refund will be issued. Abit harsh considering that the work is basic at best.

All-in-all, a decent CV was delivered. I am now in the process of re-working it and feel that I've wasted all my money.

If you are able to spend even an hour on your CV and have it very light formatted on Microsoft Word, then I would stay away from this service as this is what you would receive: a basic, bland and boring looking/sounding CV that I personally would be ashamed to charge money for.
Hi Ash,

My name is Ellie and I’m the Customer Service Manager at the CV Squad.

To start to understand, I have done a full review of your account and communications with your writer and our relationship manager. I see from your notes that all was delivered to the times agreed and you seem happy to sign off on the CV. We ensured your new CV is skill matched, Keyword optimised, 100% Applicant Tracking System (ATS) compatible and human-friendly and highlights transferable skills for your career change. A CV is a factual document, not a creative painting, at any time we keep it simple and present it in a fresh clean way that will work with both ATS and the human eye. We can, of course, Google projects and values, however, it would be a norm for you to provide this information since Google is not always reliable and your input to these projects is of more importance. We created a CV that quickly highlights headline skills, attributes, and achievements, a chronological history and quickly shows the reader what they want to see i.e. organisation, responsibilities, and achievements. It highlights your skills, plus as noted we have researched and ensured relevant keywords and density.

We delivered than on the service promised. The CV style and presentation techniques we use have won many awards and are the only ones professionally recognised by the REC and have achieved 10,000s of interview hits. I am then 100% confident in your CV style, however, we have offered to make any changes for you. I’m keen then to talk this through with you as our service reputation is what makes us stand out and hence we take reviews like this, very seriously.

Ultimately, however, we just want to make sure you are happy and achieve the results you/we would expect. Please just call us and book in a time that is good for you. Our relationship manager will also try and contact you.

Kind regards,

Ellie Halaczinsky
European Customer Service and Operations Manager
Although there was a fairly lengthy delay to my order, I would say that the service is professional.

However, the CV does not seem to be generating any results for me which is the most disappointing thing.

This is why I have gone with 2 stars because I came here in the hope that I would see some positive outcomes which sadly is not the case.
Hi,

Many thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear, that you had no success so far. We can also see, that your order has been completed last week only and it is a little early to tell. However, so we can find out where it is going wrong, we would love a quick chat with you and have contacted you directly.

Many thanks,