TEFL UK Reviews

TEFL UK 5 star review on 25th March 2020
LINDA MUNGOSHI
TEFL UK 5 star review on 7th December 2019
Shane Camp
I am an English and Spanish tutor and have completed the Business English Course as I didn't have any qualifications in teaching. I found the course to be informative and it taught me some things I didn't know. However there was a lot of text to go through without images, so I needed to study it with a text reader to make it more manageable. Overall, I am happy to have taken this course.
I completed the 150 hour course. I am already a certified teacher but had to have this certificate for one of the schools I teach at. The information about pedagogy and methods and how to teach grammar and different aged students is all correct and relevant. The extra grammar section would definitely be useful to a new teacher. The 4 video lessons might seem long but they were a good way to observe different teachers in action. Some of the language used is a little technical but could be easily looked up online. The course is designed for you to pass. My only negative remark is that this course in no way took me 150 hours to complete. I estimate it took me 40 hours which I did in about 4 weeks time. It was extremely easy to use my Groupon voucher for this website. I was pleasantly surprised by the decent quality of the content of the course.
The 120 hr (plus Practicum) course is good if you are looking to use your current teaching skills from a different background to now begin teaching English. The modules are very detailed with comprehensive instructions and further food for thought in regards to practical class room activities. The layout for each module's content however is poorly structured, with vast amounts of endless scrolling, essay style paragraphs that make you feel dizzy! I was also surprised to find multiple grammar and spelling mistakes throughout the course - could perhaps do with a proof read. I have learned a lot on this course however and it has allowed me to think of different teaching approaches to use and has improved my own knowledge of more complex English language fundamentals.
The 120h TEFL course has a good relation price-quality. It has reached all my expectations. Im sure that it is not the best course in the market, but it's price is very competitive and the materials are good enough. I completed the course in 31 days without needing to make a big effort. Some days I studied one hour, some days I studied four hours, and some days I didn't study anything at all. I think it is totally posible to complete the course in one month even if you are working or studying (as long as you make an effort, if corse). What I liked the most about the course was the way the practical knowledge about being a EFL Teacher that they share. By the way it is written, you can tell that these people have a lot of experience as EFL Teacher, and they let you know it by giving you a bunch of good advices about how to become a good EFL Teacher. What I didn't like so much were the questions and the text. Some of them were great and help me to have a deeper a understanding of the content of the units. However, some of them were too obvious, didn't add anything to the learning process and made me feel like I was wasting my time completing them. In addition, some of the units didn't have any questions, and some of the modules didn't have any test (there is one test for three or four units, but I think that it wasn't enough). I think some work could be done to improve the test and the questions. These activities are important not only to prove that you have comoleted the modules, but also to memorize better what you learn. If they are too easy or they don't exist at all you are missing an important point of the learning process. Another thing that I didn't like was finding some grammar and spelling mistakes in the course. It is not a big inconvenient, but It didn't feel right to find these kind of mistakes in a course I paid for, specially in one that teaches you how to be a good English teacher. In conclusion, the course is good if you take into account that it has one of the most competitive prices in the market. After finish it you won't be the most prepared English teacher, but you will have the necessary knowledge to start your career as one. There are some things to be improved, as always, but it worth it's price.
I have been teaching both English and Spanish as a foreign language for many years now, but without any professional qualifications, and I thought that a TEFL certificate would be a nice thing to hang on the wall, and also that it would be a doddle. Not at all, while some of the modules were easy and common sense, some really made me think, and rethink my style of teaching. I learnt things that were useful for teaching Spanish just as much as for teaching English, and have happily incorporated some ideas into my classes. The course isn't difficult, but it does open your eyes and make you think. My only criticism is that the questions at the end of each test were ridiculously simple, and often an exact repetition of questions I had just completed in the module (and had the oppportunity of checking the answers on). The certificate came through on my email promptly. I do think that asking £25 for a paper copy is a bit overpriced...£10 would be more in keeping.
Everything works as it should
The course provided a lot of great information and covered all aspects of basic teaching. I would recommend them. My only negative would be there is a lot of text after text, if they could make it a little easier on the eye with some pictures or different fonts etc it would be less draining to read.
Thank you for your review. We always welcome feedback on how we can make the course more user friendly so will certainly bear this in mind.
The TEFL UK course provided me with a great grounding on the key features to teaching English as a foreign language. It was well structured and had interesting and enjoyable ideas. I would recommend it to others looking to progress into this area of work.
The course was very good. It taught in-depth how to teach English as a subject
The course was great, only problem was you have to read through all the material to complete the course even if you already know it. Would recommend highly! Has many opportunities in the future for work.
Easy to follow, very in depth and detailed. The only thing I would say is some of the test questions were quite random for the video sections and whilst watching the video it was unclear what the test questions would be. And that maybe add a detailed teaching TEFL online section.
The course was easy and quite interesting. It is not very deep but it gives you enough knowledge to get started. It covers the basics and also provides some useful tips. Really worthy for the price. All in all, I enjoyed
Found this course to be thorough and more importantly -enjoyable. The only suggestion would be to be able to download some notes and info as I completed the course while travelling and did not have access to a printer. Sometimes difficult when watching the videos and not having the notes to refer back to. Very happy
It was a useful course with a number of methods for learning. It uses real life example and role plays which aided to the overall learning. It was very well structured, and overall I found the course very beneficial and would recommend. As within anything you will benefit more depending on the amount of effort you put in.
I really enjoyed the TEFL UK 150 hour course. I feel I have been given a strong introduction into teaching English internationally and offered very useful resources in terms of group activities and worksheets to take with me. The multiple choice tests were an excellent way to see what is right, and also what is wrong in a teaching situation, just as important to know. I do feel however that had I not been proactive in writing a lot of the information down, not so much of it would be easily memorable. There is a lot of text in there! I would have liked to of had a workbook to fill out as I completed the online course. Something visual and tangible that I can fill in. I hope my note taking is not lost on me when I look back on it in a months time. It would also be good to have more advice on completion of the course on what to do next. I was able to speak to somebody in an online chat on the TEFK UK website and they were very helpful but I would like to know more about the application process. Is my certificate enough? Should I be actively seeking tutoring employment before I go? Overall, a very enjoyable and worth while investment. I feel excited by my own language and keen to read further into English linguistics. I feel confident that I can communicate basic English skills to children in a fun and engaging way and able to challenge older students with useful, relatable conversation. I hope lessons learnt through TEFL will enhance my experience whilst travelling to Peru next year. I plan to volunteer in a small rural school for a short time, to see if I am truly cut out for teaching and being away from home for a long time. If its for me, I will pursue a longer contract in Asia. Thank you TEFL!
Good course, very good but no jobs yet!
The TEFL Course has a real range of topics and addresses the learning side by formatting it into digestible chunks and backing it up with split questions. I think I would have liked to see further resources information, I understand that is on an additional programme but that is essential knowledge and the area I need to focus on!
I enjoyed the course. I was able to go at my own pace - taking a lot more time over the grammar sections. I often needed to complete my own research to understand the grammar rules correctly.
It was an easy cource. Recap on stuff I learned in high school. Learned much and I am appreciative of what I leanred. I am very obliged to now be part of TEFL UK partnership for positions and internships. I have an internship planned already in Shanghai. Thank you all for helping me establish a new dream.
Course seems to cover very many things. I did notice a spelling mistake in the earlier units, but I can't recall now where it is. I liked the fact there were 4 video lessons too.
TEFL UK is rated 4.62 based on 526 reviews