TEFL UK Reviews

90% of reviewers recommend TEFL UK

Tell us how TEFL UK made you happy

Ali Mahmoud
"TEFL course was really the best course I have ever taken. Honestly, I felt that it was specifically designed for me, and it highly met my needs. The course was practical and contained almost all concepts and and up to date strategies. It was really comprehensive and will impact my performance positively. I work as a supervisor in UNRWA schools. Now I feel eager to share what I have learnt in TEFL. I also feel more confident that I can surely help improve the teachers' pedagogical strategies and techniques. Thank you so much for this service. Ali Mahmoud."
Helen Michelle Baggett
"I'm thrilled to have been able to complete my TEFL in my own time as I work two jobs. At first glance there seems like a lot to read, but all the information is broken down into clear sections which makes it all easier to digest. The tests at the end of each section were not at all stressful as there were tester questions throughout your learning, which really helped everything sink in. I'd really recommend the additional practicum as well where you can put your new skills into practice with real students, it was vital for my confidence going into teaching for the first time."
Shamulonga Shimukowa
"TEFL UK was a perfect fit for me. It offered me an opportunity to take time off work and opened a new opportunity for me. I worked in an Indian private school while following the 60hr course. It was both fun and daunting. Yet nothing beat the ultimate gratification resulting from the students success. It reaĺly was an unforgetable working-holiday"
"I am an English and Spanish tutor and have completed the Business English Course as I didn't have any qualifications in teaching. I found the course to be informative and it taught me some things I didn't know. However there was a lot of text to go through without images, so I needed to study it with a text reader to make it more manageable. Overall, I am happy to have taken this course."
"I really enjoyed going through the the 120 hour TEFL course! The content was engaging and I found the units focused on grammar incredibly fascinating. I've learned so much! The module writers did a brilliant job of explaining the concepts using different example sentences which made the content easier to digest. The website design is simple to navigate and it keeps a note of your progression. When I first started this course, I found the idea of teaching quite daunting. After finishing this course and watching the included video lessons (which were very helpful to see), I feel more confident about teaching. Thank you TEFL UK for this opportunity."
"My experience with TEFL has been nothing but pleasant, they've given me the opportunity to enhance my english skills in light of becoming a English teacher abroad, not only is it engaging and easy to use, it’s also very relaxing knowing I can do it in my own time with no pressure, I highly recommend this platform to take their courses on!"
"I have recently completed the Advanced 150 hour course which was very informative and interactive. At times I felt that there was too much text but on the whole it was a great course. I got a teaching job three days after passing!!"
"I am really amazed with TEFL I got my certificate the course was so easy to understand they indeed promote great teaching and want us to be good Teachers I recommend it, if u have a passion for teaching you will appreciate this Have a look!!! I cannot wait to put in practice everything that I learned Thank you"
"I completed the 150 hour course. I am already a certified teacher but had to have this certificate for one of the schools I teach at. The information about pedagogy and methods and how to teach grammar and different aged students is all correct and relevant. The extra grammar section would definitely be useful to a new teacher. The 4 video lessons might seem long but they were a good way to observe different teachers in action. Some of the language used is a little technical but could be easily looked up online. The course is designed for you to pass. My only negative remark is that this course in no way took me 150 hours to complete. I estimate it took me 40 hours which I did in about 4 weeks time. It was extremely easy to use my Groupon voucher for this website. I was pleasantly surprised by the decent quality of the content of the course."
"The information could have been mixed with more pictures as it's just long paragraphs of writing. I learnt some new things, but expected to get more from it. In general, the course is informative, it gives you the basis you need if you have little or no experience as a Teacher."
"It was great fun! Thoroughly enjoyed it. You could be it as slow or as quick as you wanted to in getting it done. Fab thumbs up system too of knowing what units you'd finished or not. Definitely recommend it!"
"I loved the course because straightforward. The tools were presented quite well"
"The 120 hr (plus Practicum) course is good if you are looking to use your current teaching skills from a different background to now begin teaching English. The modules are very detailed with comprehensive instructions and further food for thought in regards to practical class room activities. The layout for each module's content however is poorly structured, with vast amounts of endless scrolling, essay style paragraphs that make you feel dizzy! I was also surprised to find multiple grammar and spelling mistakes throughout the course - could perhaps do with a proof read. I have learned a lot on this course however and it has allowed me to think of different teaching approaches to use and has improved my own knowledge of more complex English language fundamentals."
"This was a very good course. I liked that there were video examples that helped to see various classes in action! As a visual learner, this really helped the course content sink in better. The modules were very detailed and really explained how to be effective teachers of EFL children."
"The course is very manageable, easy to follow and very informative. Great way to get certify."
"The 120h TEFL course has a good relation price-quality. It has reached all my expectations. Im sure that it is not the best course in the market, but it's price is very competitive and the materials are good enough. I completed the course in 31 days without needing to make a big effort. Some days I studied one hour, some days I studied four hours, and some days I didn't study anything at all. I think it is totally posible to complete the course in one month even if you are working or studying (as long as you make an effort, if corse). What I liked the most about the course was the way the practical knowledge about being a EFL Teacher that they share. By the way it is written, you can tell that these people have a lot of experience as EFL Teacher, and they let you know it by giving you a bunch of good advices about how to become a good EFL Teacher. What I didn't like so much were the questions and the text. Some of them were great and help me to have a deeper a understanding of the content of the units. However, some of them were too obvious, didn't add anything to the learning process and made me feel like I was wasting my time completing them. In addition, some of the units didn't have any questions, and some of the modules didn't have any test (there is one test for three or four units, but I think that it wasn't enough). I think some work could be done to improve the test and the questions. These activities are important not only to prove that you have comoleted the modules, but also to memorize better what you learn. If they are too easy or they don't exist at all you are missing an important point of the learning process. Another thing that I didn't like was finding some grammar and spelling mistakes in the course. It is not a big inconvenient, but It didn't feel right to find these kind of mistakes in a course I paid for, specially in one that teaches you how to be a good English teacher. In conclusion, the course is good if you take into account that it has one of the most competitive prices in the market. After finish it you won't be the most prepared English teacher, but you will have the necessary knowledge to start your career as one. There are some things to be improved, as always, but it worth it's price."
"I have been teaching both English and Spanish as a foreign language for many years now, but without any professional qualifications, and I thought that a TEFL certificate would be a nice thing to hang on the wall, and also that it would be a doddle. Not at all, while some of the modules were easy and common sense, some really made me think, and rethink my style of teaching. I learnt things that were useful for teaching Spanish just as much as for teaching English, and have happily incorporated some ideas into my classes. The course isn't difficult, but it does open your eyes and make you think. My only criticism is that the questions at the end of each test were ridiculously simple, and often an exact repetition of questions I had just completed in the module (and had the oppportunity of checking the answers on). The certificate came through on my email promptly. I do think that asking £25 for a paper copy is a bit overpriced...£10 would be more in keeping."
"Courses are easy to follow. Certificate can be downloaded once the course's completed."
"The course didn't have much pictures and had a lot of texts. That might be boring for some but I found that handy since I can share the texts to an app (Voicealoud Reader) that reads it for me while I clean or doing something mindless. I basically finished the course while doing housechores. Because of that hack, it became very convenient and didn't feel like it's taking too much of my time. Some lessons had very useful, memorable demo videos, facilitated by effective, fantastic teachers (in my opinion). I use the techniques taught in the course in my online classroom and I've had only positive feedback so far. This course gives sound, practical advice as well as to what to expect and how to deal with common classroom disruptions/ problems. It was very eye-opening for a new teacher like me."
"I found the course really easy to grasp, well written, with helpful videos. I would love to have had more exercises and perhaps a few more classroom videos, but overall I am really happy with the course and happy I passed."
"Easy to follow, I was worried I'd find it a little mind-numbing to try and absorb so much information but it was concise and interesting throughout! Very useful in preparing me for further teaching abroad."
TEFL UK is rated 4.48 based on 194 reviews