TEFL UK Reviews

TEFL UK 5 star review on 7th December 2019
Shane Camp
TEFL UK 5 star review on 3rd December 2019
Hayley Park
Very straightforward and easy to follow. Many of the practice questions were in the unit tests so I did not feel particularly challenged by this.
I have 12 years of ESL teaching experience, but I needed to get the certificate. It took me three days to complete the 120 hour course. I'm terrible at mathematics, but something doesn't seem right. In any case, there is always something to learn and its useful to review things.
The course was fairly enjoyable and straightforward. My eyes were opened to the important aspects of TEFL teaching, and some of the things I need to work on as I look to become a TEFL teacher. At times, the course was quite dry because it was almost entirely just reading. I think the tests were maybe a little bit too easy, too. The course could be improved with more interactive activities, more engaging tests at the end of units, and some more videos of actual classroom teaching to provide context for what is being taught; in smaller chunks, rather than showing entire lessons after several pages of text. I don't know how much I will actually remember from this course, but it will be a nice reference point when I do actually start TEFL teaching.
Helpful for someone with no teaching experience. Not difficult, and the curriculum is easy to follow and logical. Thanks
I find the TEFL UK course very interesting as a skill to achieve, although I think it could be a little bit more enjoyable with less content to read and more to practice.
This course was mostly blocks of text to read and some simple tests at the end of each block. There were often spelling mistakes, and the way the information was presented is very dull. However, much of the content seemed relevant and helpful, although simply reading to complete a course will not embed the knowledge of TEFL permanently.
(02/06/2020) - Posted 8 months ago
It’s a really cheap way to get the qualification you’re looking for. However, I found that most of the content was relatively dull due to bad presentation, which at times made it hard to focus on and get through. It is just a wall of text on each page, and I think it would have benefitted from a mixture of text, video tutorials of the material (not just videos example lessons), images like flowcharts, etc. Also, for a U.K. based TEFL provider it felt like it was written by an American at times. Still, while I haven’t had the experience of another TEFL a company to compare it to, I’d say it was decent enough to earn the certificate I was looking for.
I found the grammar section a bit of a headache as I was taught very little formal English grammar at school. (I learnt more grammar in French class than English!) However, after that section it was pretty easy. It could be presented in a much more engaging way (some sections contain endless writing) but it got me to where I wanted to go (online teaching), it's accredited in the UK (unlike some other courses) and was inexpensive.
The user experience is quite basic. Very heavy on reading. Not many real-world examples on implementing the techniques discussed. Although I did enjoy the videos, they were quite long and outdated. I feel it would be a better approach to have brief video content for each section
Hi Gina, thank you for your feedback. We are currently in the process of updating the videos and adding more video content to the courses to make them even better. Thanks again.
Didn’t get a reply requesting a hard copy yet.
Hi there, all email inquiries are usually replied to within 48 hours. Could it be that our response has gone in to your spam folder? Please email us again or also feel free to call us or live chat.
Thank you.
I was very happy with the amount of information provided. However, for someone who is a visual learner there needed to be more illustrations. Perhaps powerpoint presentations would have been better because it read like a very long artical at times. Nevertheless, great content.
The information given is clear and the exercises are helpful. Lots of filler and not every part is relevant. The teaching videos are by far the most helpful part.
The information could have been mixed with more pictures as it's just long paragraphs of writing. I learnt some new things, but expected to get more from it.

In general, the course is informative, it gives you the basis you need if you have little or no experience as a Teacher.
It was great to obtain a TEFLUK certificate. It made it much easier to get a job and it was very convenient to study in my spare time.
The course was informative but quite generalised. Compa
The content was fine, good detail and easy to follow. However, the testing side of things could have been a bit more interesting or challenging as I didn’t feel like it was testing my knowledge on how to teach enough- it was just asking multiple choice questions about the previous information given. Overall, after completing the course I don’t feel overly prepared for Teaching English
I'm glad to have the certificate. But the course was full of grammatical errors (I suspect written by someone not with English as a first language). Please have someone proof read this again. I was also surprised that my daughter was able to fly through the course skipping all the videos and guessing answers without reading the lessons. We started out doing it together but she went ahead because she was bored waiting for me to do it properly. It took me a lot less than 120 hours and her way less.
Good introductory course. Helps you to get into the TEFL mindset.
Never finished the course
When I first called up with few questions, lady was very supportive and enthusiastic. I ordered and started the course but distance learning was not for me that time as I worked long hours and didnt have energy to learn. However I found my Tutor Vince very bland, very short answers, not a word of support. When I stopped doing the course work, he never once inquired why or if I needed help. A little bit dissapointing as maybe with a little bit ecouragement I would have actually completed the course.
Hi Natalia, I think you have posted a review for a different TEFL course company as we don't have a tutor called Vince here at TEFLUK.
TEFL UK is rated 4.62 based on 499 reviews