TEFL UK Reviews

LINDA MUNGOSHI
TEFL UK 5 star review on 7th December 2019
Shane Camp
Hayley Park
I completed the online TEFL UK course in 2019 as a prerequisite for starting my online teaching job with a Chinese company. I must admit that as a qualified teacher with over 20 years of experience, 10 of which have been teaching ESL in Korea I conceitedly believed that I was just jumping through hoops to get a qualification in something I was more than capable of doing already.
However I thoroughly enjoyed the course. It was informative, and even humorous. I enjoyed the topics covered and how they were set out. I learnt a few new teaching techniques some of which I have incorporated in to my classroom already. I enjoyed the different methods of putting information across, and the small review tests which highlighted the important pieces of information.
Overall, well worth the effort and a slice of humble pie for me to eat as I remind myself that you are never too old to learn.
TEFL UK 5 star review on 3rd December 2019
I am happy that I took the course. Everything in the course study is rather easy to retain with reading through the chapters and taking your time on the exam questions.

The certificates really do help with job offers if this is the direction you would like to take for 3 months abroad or longer.

Shane Camp
TEFL UK 5 star review on 7th December 2019
I took this course as a job requirement. I studied Linguistics and TESOL in college and grad school, so I thought it would be easy. But I actually learned many new methods and teaching ideas. I'm glad I took this course.
TEFL UK 5 star review on 3rd December 2019
I enjoyed the course thoroughly and it enabled me to receive several (7) job offers. I have recommended this course to others and will continue to do so. Great thanks!
Course had a lot of useful content and having a great deal from Wowcher made it a lot better, the certificate costs additional though which was a shame.
I liked the course pacing. All of the topics were very pertinent to teaching ESL.
I would suggest the videos be a bit shorter and have some examples of teaching English to children.
(05/06/2020) - Posted 8 months ago
I have been teaching both English and Spanish as a foreign language for many years now, but without any professional qualifications, and I thought that a TEFL certificate would be a nice thing to hang on the wall, and also that it would be a doddle. Not at all, while some of the modules were easy and common sense, some really made me think, and rethink my style of teaching. I learnt things that were useful for teaching Spanish just as much as for teaching English, and have happily incorporated some ideas into my classes. The course isn't difficult, but it does open your eyes and make you think. My only criticism is that the questions at the end of each test were ridiculously simple, and often an exact repetition of questions I had just completed in the module (and had the oppportunity of checking the answers on). The certificate came through on my email promptly. I do think that asking £25 for a paper copy is a bit overpriced...£10 would be more in keeping.
I cannot recommend the tefl.com courses, hard enough !
Whilst my colleagues had to retake their TEFL course I was absolutely fine because at TEFL.com, their courses are Acredited, so no possible future headache 😃👍
And Lisa, she is just a star ⭐️ a credit to the company.
It is guaranteed to always have prompt replies and whatever the issue related to courses, Lisa will sort it !
Thank you TEFL. Com! 😃
Flo
Great course! Easy to navigate and good information. Would recommend!
It was a useful course with a number of methods for learning. It uses real life example and role plays which aided to the overall learning.
It was very well structured, and overall I found the course very beneficial and would recommend. As within anything you will benefit more depending on the amount of effort you put in.
I loved it I’m so happy I’ve finishedmy course it was easy to follow and understand and that’s coming from some with dyslexia I would definitely recommend TEFL
While it was an okay introduction to some teaching practices, overall the 150 hour course from TEFL UK failed to meet my hopes. Reading through all of the modules and watching all of the videos, I finished the course in less than a tenth of the 150 hours with 100% on every test. While I understand that this may take longer for people without a background in teaching, it was a bit of a letdown for me (although it is an easy way to get the certification if that's all someone is aiming for).

An even bigger concern I have is the lack of editing. For a course aimed at teaching English teachers to be better teachers, typos and grammatical mistakes should be unacceptable. The worst errors came in the unit regarding phonetics. It is clear that whoever wrote the material is not very familiar with phonetics. Two examples that I can remember off the top of my head: The explanation of dipthongs mislabels the compound vowel of the word "so", and AmericA is given as a double example for œ̝ː, which it is not.

If you are interested in a proofreader, please contact me. My email address is zpatzig@gmail.com
TEFL UK is rated 4.62 based on 499 reviews