Shadow Foam Limited Reviews

of reviewers recommend Shadow Foam Limited
Telephone
Read Shadow Foam Limited Reviews

Tell us how Shadow Foam Limited made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Shadow Foam Limited 4 star review on 19th May 2020
Harry Harrison
More Photos & Videos
A bit disappointed that I used 4 scalpel blades to do just 3 boards BUT the satisfaction from seeing an organised layout is enormous.

I only have to find places for all the tools that can’t fit into the drawers they once resided u fortunately I don’t have any more drawer space but I’m working on it also a shadow board installed on a wall in the garage
The delivery was excellent but the product was not up to my expectations.
I purchased the Shadowfoam Easypeel but Easypeel it isn't. It is virtually impossible to peel the first layer with a small improvement with the subsequent layers.
I reported the problem to Shadowfoam who replied -

We have had a few customers raise this issue with Easy Peel. The way to think of how you peel it, is more like 'ploughing' the foam.
It doesn't peel like a banana, it can take a bit of work to peel it. The reason for this is so that it doesn't delaminate quickly. If the layers came apart too easily, the structure of the foam would fall apart.
When peeling a section out, dig your fingers into the foam and pull, then put your fingers further in and 'plough' the foam out. It's like a digging motion.
Unfortunately we don't have an in-depth video tutorial on Easy Peel, it was due to be filmed this week, but with the Covid-19 outbreak we haven't been able to make it.
If you have any more issues please get in contact with me.

I replied that what they describe above isn't what it says on the Web Site and I could have saved money by purchasing the standard and the method they described to separate the layers doesn't work - they haven't replied.

I think Nathan will only value good feedback!
This foam was used to organise a Nanuk case to contain tools and electronics.

For the most part, the foam is fine, unfortunately all three sheets had a noticeable sag in the centre which made it difficult to be exact with cutting as I would have to try to reduce the sag to cut a straight edge i.e. vertically. Being foam, the sag doesn’t disappear on a flat surface because now the edges curl up, and since I needed to chamfer the edge slightly to match the profile of the case, the process was somewhat challenging.

The adhesive that is used to bind the layers of foam isn’t consistent, such that at times it is difficult to separate the layers and the foam tears mid-layer. This leads to occasionally pulling up more foam than desired as it won’t separate at the boundary and tears the layer below.

Would have been nice to use foam that was engineered to be a bit more precise.

The attached image shows the sag of the foam sheets.

Easy peel 50mm
Cost effective alternative to custom cut pieces, good range of colours and thicknesses options. Achieving a relatively level horizontal cut surface is challenging even when using the 'easy peel' product. Shadow Foam have been very helpful in helping us understand the best methods and results that can be achieved.
The item is what I was looking for but the service was poor, slow delivery and then missing the cutters. I had asked also for a sample but that didn’t turn up either so I have got fed up with asking anymore.
Received the foam yesterday, still not received the 'sample' I sent for, just took a chance on buying the standard sheets.

To be honest I am a bit disappointed in the quality, I had expected it to to be a much denser foam. The paint cover does seem very light too.

It may have been better to wait on the Easy-Peel coming back in stock.
I loved the idea of a tidy tool box so went ahead and ordered both sizes of the original shadow foam. I noticed upon arrival that the sheets were not very square which could be an issue to some people requiring the full advertised measurements. The cutting kit and straight edge which was supplied with my order were very good and a welcomed addition, the foam is easy to cut and you will quickly get proficient at cutting any tool your willing to set in foam. I would recommend this company to anyone, delivery was fast and efficient just be aware of my comments above.
Well pleased with how the shadow foam looks in my toolbox and how it's organised my tools, however I was a bit disappointed with the 5-7 day processing time, would use again though.
Shadow Foam Limited 3 star review on 16th September 2019 Shadow Foam Limited 3 star review on 16th September 2019
Foam is easy to cut, as long as scalpel blades are sharp. They dull quickly, and the cutting kit provided does not include enough blades for anything other than small jobs. I had to buy 100 more blades on Amazon. Also the foam color is inconsistent and blotchy in places. For a toolbox, it is acceptable though. Also, the foam thickness is inconsistent, I found several sheets of 10mm were varying thickness.
Overall, the product works, and looks nice when done, but the quality control at the plant has lots of room for improvement.
A very nice quality product at first glance, but not quite as easy to cut and shape as shown in the tutorial. Achieving an even depth and nice shadow finish is not so simple and to be honest I tired of trying, consequently I didn't bother to use half of my purchase which was around £70 worth.
I was expecting to receive Shadow Foam that was made up at least 2 layer of foam. The top layer being a different colour.
The foam I received was good density but I was rather disappointed to find it was just foam sheet with a coating of paint on the top surface, expensive for what it is !
Not quite what I thoight it was hoing to be. I am happy with it, but didn't realise it was just black foam sprayed your choice of colour. I thought it would be two colours stuck together.
Looks good in the tool chest draws.
Shadow Foam Limited is rated 4.72 based on 390 reviews