Richardson and Starling Reviews

of reviewers recommend Richardson and Starling
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Richardson and Starling Reviews

About Richardson and Starling:

With a network of 14 branches across Scotland and the North of England, Richardson and Starling are one of the top property preservation companies in the UK. After more than 80 Years of continuous growth, we can now provide a complete property preservation solution backed up with our long-term guarantees.

Our efforts to provide the highest quality workmanship and exceptional customer service are continuously recognised through online customer reviews and construction industry awards.

No matter if it is a condensation issue in your flat, penetrating damp problems in your house or a timber rot attack in a historic building, Richardson & Starling can provide a targeted and value for money solution.

Branches across Scotland and the North of England: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Stirling, Dumfries, Kirkcaldy, Carlisle, Dundee, Ayr, Elgin, Perth, Oban, Inverness and Hawick.

social@woodrot.com

8 Cambuslang Way
Cambuslang

Tell us how Richardson and Starling made you happy
Well please with guys doing tye work would recomend these blokes Gregor F and Keran J great job very happy with tye job in whole clean tidy easy guys to get on with and let you know what's happening during the job well pleased would def recomend this company and these fellas.
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your experience with Richardson & Starling. Your feedback is much appreciated!

Richardson & Starling Team
Gregor.F & Keiran J have done a brilliant job removing all the wet rot and taking of the plaster ,Great guys well pleased with the work they have done and are doing clean tidy & really nice fellas & credit to the company I would recommend this company & these fellas for getting work done quickly, also having a great team makes it all the easier when at peoples homes. Would definitely recommend them.

Richardson & Starling Team
Excellent job done removing and replacing water damaged timbers and drywall in an old house. The work was completed on schedule and to a high standard. Everyone I dealt with at Richardson & Starling was extremely helpful. Would certainly hire them again if I needed similar work done in future.
Dear Ms Stuart,

Richardson & Starling Team
A good job , well done, very pleased with results, both of the workman very pleasant, thanks again!

Richardson & Starling Team
Very very clean an efficient explained things really well to me

Richardson & Starling Team
Excellent work by the guys. Arrived promptly in the mornings and were courteous and professional (Unlike some of the previous work I've had undertaken by my local council workmen). I would not hesitate to recommend your company to anyone. Thanks.
Dear Alistair,

Richardson & Starling Team
I found them very professional and helpful. Would definitely recommend them.
Dear Ms Cheryl,

Richardson & Starling Team
Excellent Job done by Robbie from Aberdeen Depot when spraying our loft for woodworm. Clean and tidy.

Richardson & Starling Team
Surveyor was extremely helpful and also patient... Really appreciated his help...

Richardson & Starling Team
What a terrific firm! Everything handled with courteous efficiency throughout. Their surveyor, Kevin R, arrived in good time and performed his inspection with options reviewed afterwards. A few days later, we were presented with the findings in a simple and easily understood report, with scope of work clearly defined. Reasonable costs were agreed, Job booked in and coordinated by very helpful lady (Donna A). Two operators booked to perform the works today. Ian S and Nick C arrived sharp, in a branded, Modern, well equipped vehicle which carried everything they needed, including their specialist equipment and clothing. They introduced themselves properly (perhaps a small thing, but so many tradesmen do not!) then familiarised themselves with the work areas. They instructed us on what they would be doing and the safety measures that must be observed during and for a time after the works, including any special measures to be taken with our Dogs. Excellent - felt very confident that we were in safe and professional hands. Carpet and stairs protected in case of dirty feet and work carried out without fuss or drama. Good communication as progress was made from one area to another and all work areas cleaned and made tidy after completion. Would not have known they were there. Only 5 star treatment is deserving of 5 star recommendation and this it. Richardson and Starling are at the top of their game and more people should know it.

Richardson & Starling Team
I am very satisfied with the way my woodworm problem was handled. The men (whose names were, I think, Matthew and Brian) were very pleasant and helpful. I was very impressed with the fact that they re-laid the hall carpet that I had lifted to allow them access to my foundations without my asking them to or even telling me that they had done so. Very kind of them.

Richardson & Starling Team
I got 2 walls replastered, the guys that came we’re very helpful and friendly, they tidied as they went along. All my furniture and carpets were covered. Was very impressed by them

Richardson & Starling Team
I was very impressed with the professionalism of Richardson and Starling. The surveyor was prompt and very knowledgeable. After carrying out the work in the morning the report was sent to me a few hours later as promised. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for a damp and rot specialist.
Dear Carlyle,

Richardson & Starling Team
Fitters arrived on schedule, work promptly and efficiently performed and debris cleared. Very pleased

Richardson & Starling Team
Mike attended our property to treat the loft space for woodworm under the guarantee left over from the previous owner. He was very professional from start to finish, punctual, friendly and efficient. He completed the work quickly and was careful to avoid any mess in the rest of the house. We were very happy with Mikes visit and with Richardson and Starling as whole. Hope we never need them again but would be happy to use them if needed.
Dear David,

Richardson & Starling Team
Would strongly recommend against using this firm. Their communications were poor, the work shoddy and customer relations on the part of their ‘operatives’ non-existent. They damaged the skirting boards, broke a newly laid kitchen tile without admitting to having done so and left the place dirty. I am only glad I didn’t use them to do plaster work. I have no idea if they injected the damp course (which they would not guarantee) as they were employed to do.
Dear Sir or Madam, We are sorry to hear about your negative customer experience. We would like to look into your contract and see how we could provide a better service. Could you please contact us at social@woodrot.com and provide some additional details regarding your contract?
Thank you for meeting with us on site today to discuss your complaint and your agreement that there is no further work required.
James and Evan came to spray our home (rooms and loft) as we had a massive infestation of woodworm. They laid new flooring afterwards and were very courteous and friendly throughout the two days they worked in our home. Thanks for all your hard work guys!

Richardson & Starling Team
With Anna in the office and Darren out and about, what a team. They were prompt, professional and will have saved us a fortune in the long run. Get the right folk in first.

Richardson & Starling Team
Excellent x 3! Mike was unobtrusive and got on with the job. There are no superlatives left in the book! Very happy bunnies!
Dear Barbara And Susannah Hunt,

Richardson & Starling Team
Technicians Mike and Kevin arrived on time and completed the work quickly and with the minimum of disruption. Very pleased with the whole thing.

Richardson and Starling is rated 4.82 based on 144 reviews