Richardson and Starling Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Richardson and Starling

About Richardson and Starling: With a network of 14 branches across Scotland and the North of England, Richardson and Starling are one of the top property preservation companies in the UK. After more than 80 Years of continuous growth, we can now provide a complete property preservation solution backed up with our long-term guarantees.

Our efforts to provide the highest quality workmanship and exceptional customer service are continuously recognised through online customer reviews and construction industry awards.

No matter if it is a condensation issue in your flat, penetrating damp problems in your house or a timber rot attack in a historic building, Richardson & Starling can provide a targeted and value for money solution.

Branches across Scotland and the North of England: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Stirling, Dumfries, Kirkcaldy, Carlisle, Dundee, Ayr, Elgin, Perth, Oban, Inverness and Hawick.

gedas.barodica@woodrot.com

8 Cambuslang Way
Cambuslang

Click Here

Tell us how Richardson and Starling made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
"I got 2 walls replastered, the guys that came we’re very helpful and friendly, they tidied as they went along. All my furniture and carpets were covered. Was very impressed by them"
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your experience with Richardson & Starling. Your feedback is much appreciated!

Richardson & Starling Team
"I was very impressed with the professionalism of Richardson and Starling. The surveyor was prompt and very knowledgeable. After carrying out the work in the morning the report was sent to me a few hours later as promised. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for a damp and rot specialist."
Dear Carlyle,

Richardson & Starling Team
"Fitters arrived on schedule, work promptly and efficiently performed and debris cleared. Very pleased"

Richardson & Starling Team
"Mike attended our property to treat the loft space for woodworm under the guarantee left over from the previous owner. He was very professional from start to finish, punctual, friendly and efficient. He completed the work quickly and was careful to avoid any mess in the rest of the house. We were very happy with Mikes visit and with Richardson and Starling as whole. Hope we never need them again but would be happy to use them if needed."
Dear David,

Richardson & Starling Team
"Would strongly recommend against using this firm. Their communications were poor, the work shoddy and customer relations on the part of their ‘operatives’ non-existent. They damaged the skirting boards, broke a newly laid kitchen tile without admitting to having done so and left the place dirty. I am only glad I didn’t use them to do plaster work. I have no idea if they injected the damp course (which they would not guarantee) as they were employed to do."
Dear Sir or Madam, We are sorry to hear about your negative customer experience. We would like to look into your contract and see how we could provide a better service. Could you please contact us at social@woodrot.com and provide some additional details regarding your contract?
Thank you for meeting with us on site today to discuss your complaint and your agreement that there is no further work required.
"James and Evan came to spray our home (rooms and loft) as we had a massive infestation of woodworm. They laid new flooring afterwards and were very courteous and friendly throughout the two days they worked in our home. Thanks for all your hard work guys!"

Richardson & Starling Team
"With Anna in the office and Darren out and about, what a team. They were prompt, professional and will have saved us a fortune in the long run. Get the right folk in first."

Richardson & Starling Team
"Excellent x 3! Mike was unobtrusive and got on with the job. There are no superlatives left in the book! Very happy bunnies!"
Dear Barbara And Susannah Hunt,

Richardson & Starling Team
"Technicians Mike and Kevin arrived on time and completed the work quickly and with the minimum of disruption. Very pleased with the whole thing."

Richardson & Starling Team
"Very happy with the work carried out in our property with the dampness"

Richardson & Starling Team
"Very helpful and work was well done"

Richardson & Starling Team
"Appointment made very soon after contact Turned up on time Polite informative workmen Job done quickly cleanly and professionally"

Richardson & Starling Team
"Would never recommend this company, tried to charge me for a survey they advertise is free ,when contacted they told me a survey of would call to discuss, three days and no call..... .Totally Unreliable"
Dear Mr Dorans,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback as it allowed us to learn that we need to clarify our free survey statement and elaborate on circumstances when a price does apply.

Our apologies if we caused inconvenience.
"The work done eradicating wormwood in our roof and adjoining flooring was carried out efficiently and gave us confidence in its effectiveness. The operatives could have been a little cleaner leaving dirty marks around access hatches and our bathroom wash basin and towel. I felt the whole process from being surveyed to receiving the guarantee could have been quicker, having to telephone on several occasions to chase things forward."
Dear Mr Simm,

Richardson & Starling Team
"Excellent service, very friendly, quick and efficient. Good value, would recommend."
Dear Sir or Madam,

Richardson & Starling Team
"Excellent service, very friendly, quick and efficient. Would use again and recommend. Good value."
"The Stirling branch has just finished doing a lot of work in my flat and it has been an absolute nightmare the worst 2 weeks of my life the contract manager and office manager have told me lies and been down right nasty to me Im slightly disabled and I’m on anti-depression medicine and the lies and hassle I’ve had from this branch has been nothing less than diabolical I’m now going to be left with a massive bill because of the lies and deceit I wonder if this is because I’m a council tenant and not a private client The Stirling branch has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE at all I really do wish the council had went with the wyse group"
Dear Sir or Madam, we are sorry to hear that you received a negative customer experience. Here at Richardson & Starling, we take customer reviews seriously and we would like to resolve the situation that influenced your opinion. Could you please contact us at social@woodrot.com and provide some additional details regarding your contract?
Dear Sir or Madam, we are sorry to hear that you received a negative customer experience. Here at Richardson & Starling, we take customer reviews seriously and we would like to resolve the situation. Could you please contact us at social@woodrot.com and provide some additional details regarding your contract?
"The initial survey was carried out very swiftly at my request. All communication there after was very efficient. On the day of the treatment work taking place, the workman was very professional, with safety signs clearly visible outside the house. Once the work was completed there was also a safety notice clearly displayed inside the house. The following day I received a courtesy call to check I was happy with the work before being issued with the invoice. Overall a highly professional company with great customer service."
Dear Mrs Rough,

Richardson & Starling Team
"Good people, prompt service delivered in agreed time frame. Rescued our job from an initial incompetent provider, so very grateful for such a good outcome."

Richardson & Starling Team
"We once again contracted Richardson and Starling (R&S) to do some work on our house. This time they sorted out some wet rot they had. The two men they sent were excellent, very professional decent hard working guys a great credit to their company. This is the third time we have used R&S and still rate them very highly, from the person they send to asses the problem (lack of ventilation causing mold on one occasion, wet rot solution on this occasion) to the team doing the work. Thank you R&S Team!"
Dear Mr Rattray,