R3 Data Recovery Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend R3 Data Recovery

About R3 Data Recovery : R3 Data Recovery is one of the best teams of data recovery engineers ever assembled in the UK. Security House is one of the few full data and disaster recovery labs in the UK accessible to all who need a high success rate reliable data recovery service from industry leading DR engineers at an affordable cost.

andy@r3datarecovery.com

Security House Royds Mill Windsor St

How would you rate R3 Data Recovery ?

"I am a fashion photographer and I was on location shooting in Italy when one of my hard drives with my current work got damaged. It was showing the catalogue and list of names of the folders but not showing any of the images inside those files but still showed that I had used 500 GB of storage. I tried it in any computer and MacBook (It is a mac hard drive) I could get my hands on. I then started to panic because the computer would freeze when I tried to open it and on some computers it wouldn't read the hard drive at all. In a crying panic frenzy I googled data recovery UK and found an emergency number for a man called Andy Butler at R3 Data Recovery who soon became my favourite person in the world. I was ever so slightly hysterical on the phone and he managed to calm me down and got me to explain what had happened and explained that it was likely to be an issue with the signalling between the catalogue and the data itself. I wasn't due back in the UK for another 4 days and was trying to think of what I could do or how I could get the HDD to him before then. I decided to book an emergency flight home the next morning because I couldn't sit and do nothing, especially not knowing how serious the situation could be. I flew to London and got a train straight to Sheffield where I was met by Andy and his charming driver who took me straight to their lab where I promised not to cry or touch anything and sat in the corner hoping they could work their magic. They sent me off for a few hours and said they would call me hourly with an update. I have to state that I initially called him on a Saturday night in a mess emotionally and this was Monday morning so I was like most creative people I know, quite last minute but he made time for me. He told me there was a problem with the heads of a hard drive (I gained a lot of knowledge of the ins and outs of data and hardware that day) and they were replacing them with other heads and coding to try and talk to the data. Long story short after a couple of tantrums, lots of tears, travelling over 2500 km Andy and his team of geniuses managed to rescue all of my images in one day and they were all in order and in the correct files (I have been told sometimes when rescuing data it can get mixed up and in the wrong order/ folder). I put all my work and faith in his hands and he didn't let me down and was completely charming and wonderful from start to finish of my mini meltdown data lost and found experience. What a brilliant man. I am so happy I found R3 data recovery but in the nicest way possible I hope I won't have to see them again too soon and that my technology will all be ok and my backups won't fail! It did cost me £1000 (because I needed 2 new hard drives and I needed it all doing in 1 day and most people allow 7-10 days) but you can't put a price on your career and other clients work and it was worth every penny. I am so very grateful that he went above and beyond to help me and was at the end of the phone with every question I had."
"At a time when I was completely distraught at the prospect of losing all my data. Andy and his team not only reassured me, but retrieved the entire data within a reasonable period of time. Professional and efficient service provided. Well done guys."
Martin Lloyd
Verified Buyer
"They recovered 100% of the data, but what impressed me was customer service. The original replacement drive sent back to me had not been formatted for a windows PC so was not usable. I thought oh no should I have specified that as I am not that tech savvy I assumed that everyone used windows, but they collected the drive that did not work and sent a new usable drive within a couple of days."
Simon Manuel
"Data recovered"
(Chiddingfold) -
Glad we could be of assistance Simon and thanks for the review

Daniel Stevenson
Verified Buyer
"Brilliant, got all my data back after I'd been told by a separate company they could only guarantee 70% of my data, and cheaper than other places I'd got a quote from. My only criticism would be including vat in there prices, based on previous reviews I understand why they don't however it doesn't add a lot onto the balance at the end, especially if people dont realise until it's too late. Other than this cannot fault help, helpful, friendly and very reliable, highly recommended!!!"
(Coventry) -
Hi Daniel

We recover data from drives that other data recovery labs declare unrecoverable on an almost daily basis and our upfront pricing is more than 90% accurate if we are given an accurate understanding of the way the drive failed in the enquiry.

Fortunately you sought a third opinion after the "Free Assessments" you had previously were significantly more than they had indicated to you.

I am sorry that the VAT component of the quote did not stand out enough for you at the time of quoting, we are clear about this For over 12 years this is something we have done in every communication, be it email, text or formal quote.

Many thanks for the review and glad we could be of service recovering your Western Digital WD10JMVW-11AJGS0

Gordon Stewart
Verified Buyer
"The team did a great job on recovering my precious family photos from a degraded drive, it was however very expensive and i am not sure that the cost is warranted, this said i would have paid whatever the cost to recover the photos. Life lesson learned ......ALWAYS BACK UP !!!"
(Mawsley) -
Hi Gordon

Your drive had sustained a head crash after a power outage causing unreadable sectors. With over 5.84Billion sectors to recover the unreadable few hundred had no detrimental effect on the less than 10% capacity used.

For those reading it is a good idea never to fill a drive to more than 90% of its stated capacity. This means that the drive life can be extended and in the event of a recovery the possibility of a specific data being too damaged to recover.

Many thanks for takin the time to leave a review

Jonathan Green
Verified Buyer
"I am happy with the service I received. I did not get all of my data back after September 2015 which i was surprised about but the mistake was my fault so that is the way it goes."
"I was in a real mess when my hard drive failed. It was an iMac and I was running Parallels. My data was compiled over a 20 year period and so it was crucial that I got it back. Apple sounded confident that they could sort it but after 3 days and 3 60 mile journeys back to the shop they didn't manage it. I then did some reasearch online regarding data recovery and found R3 Data Recovery Services. Once I had read some other testimonials and reviews I called them. Their professionalism and knowledge was instantly recognised and so I entrusted them to recover my data. Needless to say, I'm writing this review to sing their praises. They recovered everything from the drive, emailed it over to me and also put it into an external hard drive that they posted to me. All this was arranged within 48 hours of me sending the disc to them by courier. If your data is important let these guys sort it out for you. They are fabulous."
(Port Talbot) -
Hi Martyn

Glad we could be of service with your Seagate / Samsung hard drive ST1000LM024. These are particularly interesting in that they are a mixture of parts and technologies from both companies during the absorption of the Samsung brand into Seagate.

The emergency service for clients is actually the fastest in Wales thanks to the labs capacity and flexibility. The Security House lab is continually developing as new challenges and the ever increasing quantity of data to be recovered keeps us on our toes.

Many thanks for the review.

"Brilliantly"
(Barking) -
Hi Gulraze

Glad we could assist with your old RAID 5 - 3 x 72GB SCSI (ultra wide 10K) drives. Despite having a replacement drive the RAID failed to rebuild. your requirement of the emergency service was delivered on time and to budget. The downtime reduced by using our dedicated drivers for collection and return.

By using the dedicated service from arrival at 11:24:33 to return at 17:01:59 2 days later ensured the minimum of interruption.

Glad we could be of service and thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Bob Collins
Verified Buyer
"Quick efficient and approachable. Retrieved all the data I needed and provided brilliant service."
(Manchester) -
Hi Bob

Many thanks for the review. Your Seagate had sustained a head crash but fortunately did not need a rebuild. Apart from causing some unreadable areas where the heads had hit the patters, the drive only needed some patching to the firmware and we were able to read all but a few dozens of sectors out of nearly 2 billion. The result was also 99.99% quality thanks to the drive being much less than half full.

Glad we could be of service.

Anthony Dean
Verified Reviewer
"having explained in conversation that there was 4 files already on the disc which i already big let downhave a copy of you then charged top price to only recover the four i had"
Hi Anthony

For this particular case you were charged for the recovery attempt on a Damaged DVD - This involved an engineer using equipment specifically setup to read the data streams on DVD. Despite the resources and time the data fragments we could read could not be reassembled into a working video.

The reason for this was given. 1 side is unreadable - corrupted/unfinished write session.

Although £129+vat is an expense no one wants, as a lab we incurred much more cost in the attempt to help you. We work hard to get every recovery and we do not give in easily but we do have to cover cost of time in situations like this.
"Successfully recovered my 3TB drive with the only copy of some very important data. Thanks guys."
(London) -
HI Ben

Glad we could help with the recovery of your Seagate ST3000LM016 laptop drive.

Although a very early revision of these drives, we were able to successfully recover all data without the need of a rebuild.

The firmware fix enabled control of the heads and access to the data. Although owned by Seagate this is one of the Samsung manufactured drives and they are quite reliable. The situation here was knock or power outage had caused a head crash and some bad sectors.
The data quality was 99.8%

Many thanks for the review.

Andy and the team at R3 Data Recovery
"Recovered unusable HDD for client"
Many thanks for taking the time to leave review Jack
"Not only were they able to retrieve 8TB of data, we were able to recycle a number of old hard drives. Excellent!"
"Somehow I managed to break a hard drive and after a thorough search online I found R3. Having to learn the hard way I never back up my kids pictures or videos and was desperate to get something back. Using R3 they put my mind at rest and tried to recover as much as they could. Throughout the whole process they were helpful and when a folder couldn't be found they tried their upmost to do another scan and try and find it. I have the majority of the pictures back, in a proper photo format I may add too but have lost some of the videos. This was an expensive lesson to learn but cannot fault R3 throughout the whole process. Should I ever be stupid enough to not back the items up again i will use these without hesitation. I read a number of reviews of other companies and did some ground work prior to using R3 and I must add that they were the ones who were helpful, attentive and had really good customer service. I would recommend them to anyone looking to recover data."
MR LEON RENNLES
Verified Buyer
"I have used R3 Data Recovery for the second time now in the last three years and have been exceptionally impressed from start to finish both times; from loosing all data from a failed usb memory stick to receiving an email stating all list of data had been recovered all within a few days. Once I made the enquiry to R3 Data Recovery making them aware of my troubles; they organised the failed memory sticks collection by courier, got it back to their lab and got straight on with locating my lost data. On this second most recent occasion the file list was copied through to my email account following on with a file upload where I had difficulties installing and accessing the files to continue working on. I made contact to a staff member called Andy at R3 data Recovery stating I had difficulties but after linking through the "Team Viewer" programme; in no time at all was my data file successfully uploaded and all files were accessible. A true honest company that I will be strongly happy to recommend and would happily make contact with them if I face another major issue! Thank you to allof you at R3 Data Recovery."
(Hereford) -
Dear Leon

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Despit PCWorld / KnowHow sending your drive away to a data recovery lab it was returned unrecoverable.

We were able to identify the head fault and locate the correct donor needed for the recovery.

A full recovery was possible despite the previous declaration that it was not possible.

Again many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Mick Bayes
Verified Buyer
"First class service over 14000 photos recovered thought I would never see them again thanks again regards mick"
(Scarborough) -
Hi Mick

When drives are declared unrecoverable or beyond economic repair by data recovery labs and insurance companies it is difficult to know where to turn.

Fortunately in this case you found the R3 team and our highly tenacious attitude. The old 320GB Seagate Laptop drive was rebuilt from a donor we held in our own stock. All data was recovered with minimal corruption despite some platter scratches from the initial failure.

Many thanks for the review,

Andy and the team at R3 Data Recovery
"You failed to retrieve the data that I needed despite being explicitly guided to what was needed but still expect payment."
Having Investigated this case it was a full recovery of all data possible form a Deleted Imac Profile using a RAW scan to find the missing data.
This was after PC KnowHow had attempted to move a user profile and deleted it. A mac specialist removed the drive from the iMac which and sent it to R3. The Seagate 1TB drive did have a read timing problem which was probably the original issue why the system needed an overhaul / upgrading.
In a RAW recovery it not only recovers the lost data but also the existing data, We filtered out the existing data which can only leave the missing data and some other remnants. However do not go through the recovered data for privacy and security reasons. Screenshots of folder thumbnails were sent to show that the data was recovered as agreed. Much of the issue is explaining that a recovery of data is some situations will not have the catalogue / file system as it was before the loss.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Client, It is very rare that the data recovery process fails to deliver what its can or what has been agreed to do. That is not to say we are perfect, we deal with hundreds of recoveries of failed storage devices every month. I was not involved in your case but will now take a look at it from the enquiry through to lab processing to the delivery of the file lists and recovered data. Is there anything from your perspective that might help me save time and identify a solution. I may need to ask a few questions of you as part of this investigation. It will take a few days to talk to all who have been involved depending on their shifts. Andy andy@r3datarecovery.om 079 3282 4264 0800 999 3282
"THE REAL DEAL R3 Data Recovery are Geniuses!!! I am almost speechless with what an incredible job you have done for me. As a videographer my data is my life, You saved 1.2TB of footage and all of my projects from a 2TB portable hard drive that I dropped. As soon as it hit the floor I felt sick. I chose the emergency recovery which was worth every penny. A super competitive quote upfront that did not change through the recovery. I had a new drive back in 3 days with 100% recovery. Each step of the process I was informed with what had happened and data was safe. I cant thank you enough. I was so nervous and anxious about getting my data back but you guys are REAL pros! thank you thank you thank you! Crisis over!!! To anyone feeling sick reading these reviews to make themselves feel better (trust me ive been there) watch R3's video and know your data is in the safest place it can be with this lot. Thank you xMillion"
Imraan Khan
Verified Buyer
"I had a corrupt 465GB Hitachi hard drive with 269GB data which was not readable and I was so stressed out and I contacted R3, I spoke to Andy Butler a few times which made me feel a lot better; the customer service was excellent. Andy reassured me and I got back I believe 97% data and within 5 days.. we'll done R3 data... I have passed on your site and phone numbers to all whom I know if they're data fails.. I am a very happy customer. Plus I'm extremely satisfied with my results."
Many thanks for the review Imraan, all members of R3 are dedicated to delivering the very best success rates. We are proud to say we are amongst the very best data recovery operations in Europe. The Security House lab in Sheffield handles the UKs demand and we have been developing the FME lab to be able to absorb the growing level of enquiries year on year.

For those reading this R3 were called upon to assist Imraan after another data recovery lab had been unsuccessful. Whilst our quote was more than the other software data recovery operation had quoted, the rebuild and recovery was successful despite the additional damage to the platters that repeated power cycling and numerous software scans had caused. Had the drive not had software recovery attempts the recovery would have been easier and faster.

The R3 Team can offer second opinions on any drives declared unrecoverable or uneconomic to recover.

For those who would tell you a drive is unrecoverable providing the drive has not been interfered with by have a go heroes and well meaning friends R3 can help. We can also help with any of those affected by Fields Associates.Ltd.

We routinely recover what the Fields Associates in Wales says is unrecoverable. If Rapid Data, DataPhoenix, DatenPhoenix, Data Recovery Specialists, hard-drive-data-recovery , Fields Data Recovery , Clinique De Donnes, Salvataggio Dati, Pronto Dati or any Fields Group data recovery partners in the UK, US , Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Italy or Portugal declare a drive unrecoverable or too expensive to recover get a second opinion from a real data recovery lab. We don't have 50- 60 sales people but we do have the expertise, experience and resources needed to deliver real data recovery successes.

Andy Butler