Posh Eyes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Posh Eyes
Read Posh Eyes Reviews

About Posh Eyes:

Posh Eyes is a leading UK supplier of discount designer prescription glasses and branded contact lenses, with up to 70% off High Street prices.

Westbury House52 French Laurence WayChalgrove

Dominic Mooresmith
Posh Eyes 5 star review on 14th August 2018
Philip Rust
Posh Eyes 2 star review on 28th May 2019
Slow and argumentative over the phone. Lenses are not great either. They made the wrong lenses and argued I should buy anyway, then called back saying that actually the lenses are good. I have no way to test this, so stay away!
Thank you for your feedback Mircea. I am sorry that you are not happy with the service you have received from us, or with the prescription lenses we put into your glasses frame almost four months ago. The lenses we supplied were not "wrong" – they were simply different to the measurements you entered on your order, and included an adjustment for astigmatism as agreed with you, and as per your prescription. Although it is some time since we supplied your reglazed glasses, I am happy to check the lenses against your sight test prescription and make any corrections if required. Kind regards, Julian Gooddy, Posh Eyes.
Refused to give refund as manager stated sunglasses were made to order; not clear on website. Issue has been taken up with trading standard's as I believe this site is not fulfilling consumer rights. Disappointed with response I have received so far.
I am sorry that you have not been happy with the experience you have had with Posh Eyes.

We are happy to accept returns of all our off-the-shelf items, fulfilling the requirements of the Consumer Rights Act.

Certain discontinued items which are no longer available off-the-shelf, can only be supplied on a make-to-order basis. As such, under the Consumer Rights Act, there is no automatic right to return these specially-made products for refund.

We make it clear on our ordering page which products are make-to-order only, and include on the same page, in our Terms & Conditions, and on our Delivery and Returns page that there is no automatic right to return these products for refund.

At Posh Eyes, we pride ourselves on customer service, and through our regular communication with you, we believe we have offered an open and honest explanation.
My order did not arrive!

Your Order #100005456 (placed on 1 November 2018 13:35:27 GMT)
Dear Carl, I am sorry that your order has not arrived with you in Austria. As you will now be aware, Royal Mail's partner express delivery service in Austria (GLS) have arranged to return the item to us in the UK, as they will not deliver to the military address in Austria which you supplied on your order. Please could you supply a non-military address to ensure that we can resend your order and ensure that it is delivered successfully to you. Kind regards, Julian, Posh Eyes.
My order was taken even though the frames are out of stock. I am still waiting . . . .
Dear Richard, Please accept our sincere apologies. I am sorry that it has taken longer than we would have liked to despatch your Oakley glasses to you. As per our email to you on 12th October, your particular size of frame in your chosen model and colour has been on backorder with the manufacturer, and this is the reason for the delay. I can confirm that your frame has now been despatched by Oakley and I expect to be despatching it to you with the next two days. Rest assured that we only take payment at the time orders are despatched to customers, so as yet payment has not actually been taken for your order. Regards, Julian Gooddy, Posh Eyes.
I ordered a pair of sunglasses for my husband on Friday 26th May and paid for them and some 10 days later they have not been delivered neither have I had any form of communication to let me know what is going on. I have had to chase them via email , not good service at all.
Dear Claire

I am sorry that you are not happy with the service you have received from Posh Eyes.

We commit to despatching glasses frames within 7 working days of order, which we highlight both on our website and on the confirmation email sent to customers at the time of order. We would therefore not attempt to make contact until after 7 working days has passed. Customers who set up an account with Posh Eyes can view their order details including order progress. Unfortunately it appears as though you have not yet setup an account with Posh Eyes, although I am happy to arrange this if you wish.

Unlike many online retailers, Posh Eyes does not take card payments for orders until goods are despatched and therefore we have not taken payment for your glasses.

However payment will be take payment later today as your glasses have now been despatched, within 6 working days of order.

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your order. We will endeavour to make it clearer in future our commitments to our customers.
Kind regards

Julian Gooddy
Posh Eyes
Terrible!
The ophthalmic technician carelessly scratched and damaged the blue coating on my Brand New and expensive Silhouette frames whilst fitting the lenses.
I complained about the damage to the frames when I received the glasses but my complaint fell on deaf ears.
I was therefore not happy with the service provided (which was not cheap) so would not recommend this company.
I am sorry that our customer was not happy with our service, and am very surprised at the comment.

In 2012 our customer asked Posh Eyes to add new lenses to his own existing glasses frames (known as reglazing). Every reglazed pair of glasses is checked thoroughly prior to despatch to ensure that each frame sent to us by our customers is returned in the same condition as it is received.

After receiving his reglazed glasses our customer commented "Dear Julian, I received the glasses safely yesterday and on the whole am pleased with them." Although we find it difficult to reconcile this comment with the negative review, I am happy to discuss his order with us at any time. Julian Gooddy, Managing Director, Posh Eyes.
Posh Eyes is rated 4.84 based on 657 reviews