Petair UK Reviews

Petair UK 5 star review on 2nd July 2020
Lucy
Petair UK 5 star review on 2nd July 2020
Lucy
Transporting my dog was daunting, got to be honest, but PetAirUK could not have done anything else to put me at ease. A truly remarkable service. Max, my dog, was picked up from my daughters house in the UK and delivered to my door in the UAE. I would definitely use them again. Thank you, thank you, thank you PetAir for getting Max here safely and making the whole experience a truly enjoyable one.
Absolute shambles from start to finish. We emigrated to switzerland a few days ago and chose pet air because we thought they wouldhandle the transportation of our dog with no stress. I was completely wrong. They Told us that our dog couldn’t arrive on a flight before us, 2 days before we left! Even though they booked our dogs flight and our flights were booked 5 weeks in advance and they had the information. I had to sort it with Geneva airport. Then talking to my contact at pet air she said “it should be ok” after initially saying there was going to be a £700 handling fee on top of the price we had already paid. When I voiced my concern about where the dog would be kept she said I don’t know but “it should be ok” this was the day before our flight and I had already paid up in full so had no choice but to proceed. When arriving we couldn’t find the dog anywhere and after 2 hrs we were told it might be worth trying the cargo hold. I called my contact at pet air and she was no help, it seemed as if they had never done this before and they only cared about the dog getting on the flight. The cargo hold was a mile away from the airport and I had to run down there on a busy road with nobody answering the phone to say she was there. Luckily she was and I got a very stressed dog back into my care. Not impressed at all. I was also blamed for the flight times that they booked. I would not advise anyone to use petair uk.
There are really no words to say how fantastic Pet Air have been in relocating my dog to Abu Dhabi. From the very first moment I made contact with Emma, then to Vicki and to Lindsay, and to Snoopy pets in the UAE, all my worries were listened to, explained and just made me feel that we were all in the safest pair of hands with their company. They really make you feel that your pet matters and most importantly is treated as an individual. Thank you all so much, Stanley is settling in well and we couldn’t be happier to have him with us.
After lots of research (and we did a lot) we decided to use Pet Air UK to get our gorgeous Cavapoo from London, UK to Auckland NZ. Rachel was literally the best! Lola arrived safe and sound. Even in the mist of a world wide pandemic, Rachel still managed to get Lola across the other side of the world with no worries at all. I would 100% recommend Pet Air UK if you are thinking of transporting your fur baby anywhere. They are BRILLIANT!!! We are VERY happy customers. Karina and Ryan :)
We turned to PetAir UK when we decided to relocate from UK to NZ with our kitty, Charles. After hearing great feedback about them, we opted for Gold Service and what a great decision that was. Everyone at Petair are extremely professional and helpful, even when it comes to answering scary questions about pets flying. You can tell they very passionate about what they do and love animals! Our trip in April, unfortunately, got cancelled and, eventually, so were our cats flights. Petair were fantastic in sense that they updated us on any progress and potential flights. We found them to be super helpful and honest and would recommend them to anyone. I was told that the gentleman picking up Charles for his overnight stay in the UK was super lovely and have no doubt our kitty felt safe. Finally, our little furbaby got on the plane and arrived in NZ soil in August. We received photo updates and communication with Petair was fantastic. I followed his trip through an app which was comforting. From the bottom of my heart i wish to extend a huge thank you to all who was involved in this trip that Charles had been on. We cannot be happier being reunited with our beautiful little cat and strongly recommend Petair to anyone looking to relocate their pets! Attached are pics of a very happy kitty in his new home. Maija, Max and Charles
Petair UK 5 star review on 15th September 2020
Petair UK 5 star review on 15th September 2020 Petair UK 5 star review on 15th September 2020
Flying during a global pandemic is not easy. Relocating half way across the world with no direct flights and 3 cats makes it even more challenging. PetAir UK have been so helpful to us over the last few months. We were relocating to Costa Rica in one of the most challenging times in recent history. PetAir constantly helped provide options for us - looking at different routing/carrier options and making sure that the cats were looked after in the UK for a period between when we had to fly and when the cats could fly. They handled everything from collecting our cats in Scotland, boarding them for a few weeks in London, flying to to Costa Rica via Madrid and liaising with our import agent at this end. Everybody we've dealt with at PetAir UK has been incredibly helpful and they are priced extremely well. I have absolutely no reservations recommending PetAir UK and would use them again. E-mails have always been responded to within a few hours and they've made the entire process as easy as possible.
I emailed PetAir Uk and a few other companies for a quote to get my dog Mabel from the UK to Tenerife and received an email from Mandy. I was so nervous about flying my dog but Mandy was so helpful and put me at ease hence why I decided to go with PetAir. I was then put through to Darren Stratton who would sort all Mabel’s travel. I can honestly say I will be forever grateful to him for going so far over and above to help get Mabel over during this pandemic. I think we were 5th time lucky through no fault of PetAir at all and thanks to British Airways she is now here. All amazing. Darren answered all my questions and helped me through all the disappointing times and really pulled through to make this happen even when there were no options left as British Airways do not normally fly animals usually to Tenerife. I don’t normally write reviews but these people deserve to be recognised for their amazing work and customer service!! Thank you so much I can not recommend you enough. Jodie & Mabel
Petair UK 5 star review on 21st August 2020 Petair UK 5 star review on 21st August 2020
Dearest Jodie and Mabel. Thank you so much for your patience. These are weird times and we are working as hard as we can to ensure the pets travel as planned, though flight cancellation get in the way, we get there in the end. Enjoy Tenerife and stay safe and healthy.
I worked with PetAirUK to get my dog, Pudge, from the UK to the US this August 2020. We opted for the Gold service, which included their veterinarians doing all the paperwork with customs, and flying. Every step of the way working with the people at this wonderful company was organized, helpful, and incredibly supportive. We had to fly out of the country the day before our dog left, and it was very hard to do this. Pudge had to stay in their kennels overnight, but everything was handled well from the very first communication with PetAirUK. They arrived to pick him up from our home in Cambridge on time, and the wooden crate they had prepared for him was the perfect size, and very comfy. My dog jumped right in and made himself comfortable. I was contacted every step of the way with texts from the driver, and emails from Anna Scott, who I worked with closely. She gave me much needed support throughout because I did find it very hard to leave behind my dog in another country just even for one night! They sent me pictures of him, which I actually wasn't expecting, but this made my whole family much happier when we saw our dog looking happy and healthy. He arrived in the US in great shape, and had clearly been well cared for. I would highly recommend this company to others; they were absolutely superb in their care of my dog and in their support of me and my family. They really understand how hard it is to send pets home. And in these uncertain times with the coronavirus and other things happening in the world, they are a truly comforting, bright spot in our lives. Thank you PetAirUK! And thank you Anna, Mandy, and Linsey for all your help and support with getting Pudge home to us! We are very grateful!!
I’m thrilled to see such good reviews for petair, they have just assisted in bringing our cats from the UK to USA. We were initially booked for end of March but had to rearrange our flights and couldn’t get the cats changed in time (not the fault of petair, due to COVID and we were left insufficient time to get the cats pre-flight vet checked) - 3 months on and we’ve moved into a permanent home, petair made arrangements with my parents who were sitting for the cats to collect them, vet check and ship them over. Each step of the way they have kept us informed of what has been happening, text when the cat were collected and checked into their flight. On arrival the cats settled in immediately and seem to be completely unaffected by the flight. Thanks Petair, I’d highly recommend you.
Petair UK 5 star review on 2nd July 2020 Petair UK 5 star review on 2nd July 2020 Petair UK 5 star review on 2nd July 2020 Petair UK 5 star review on 2nd July 2020
Thanks a million. We are happy to be able to help in these super odd times! Stay healthy and enjoy USA :)
Exceptional service at a very reasonable price. We have a 10/10 experience flying our corgi from the UK to the US, during the peak of COVID 19 (we were repatriating). I just can't say enough wonderful things about this company - especially Catherine who was in contact with us 24/7, and Rachel who responded to my texts within 5 minutes, even at the weekend - they not only arranged the flight, but sorted the vet certification out, kept him overnight for us and delivered him to the airport for us so we had zero worries. Just wow. I cannot recommend this company highly enough. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Thanks Lucy. It has been tough, but we are still trying our hardest to help the furballs stay with their families. Glad we can help
Good communication , from beginning to end , all 4 pets arrived safely and considerably less stressed than I expected , excellent service thank you
These guys are first class, from the minute you make contact you know you’re dealing with an organisation that cares. Great company, great people and yes I would recommend them!
Petair recently transported my two cats from Bristol UK to Melbourne Australia. From start to finish their service was excellent, they were available all along the way to answer any queries I might have. They liaiased with my vet so efficiently, they arranged pick-up (and the man who collected them was so kind and understanding, he assured me that he knew my cats were part of the family and that they would have excellent care), they informed me all along the way of where the cats where and how they were. I cannot praise this company enough, my cats are now well settled in our home in Melbourne and I am sure the excellent care they received helped them to settle, they arrived completely laid back and ready for their next adventure. I would recommend Petair unreservedly to anyone transporting their pets anywhere in the world. Thank you Catherine from Petair and thank you Petair for your excellent service.
PetAir are an AMAZING company that offer gold star service! I cannot thank them enough for all their assistance and support with the move of my Golden Retriever to the USA. I had regular updates regarding her stay at the kennels and they made the process incredibly simple. Jessie came out of the flight crate happy and well and we've had a great few days settling in since. Thank you so much to all at PetAir, especially Anna (who was the main organizer of Jessie's travel). If I ever find myself needing Pet Transport again, I'd definitely seek out PetAir!
We are so happy with PetAir UK and the great service they provided to us and our dog, Molly. Nearly 3 weeks ago, Molly flew all the way from London to Denver, Colorado (a 10 hour ride!) and she seemed almost unaffected! From the very beginning of the experience with PetAir UK in the planning stages, to the day they picked her up for boarding, and all the way up to the moment we collected her from the airport, I felt that I could trust PetAir UK and really appreciated the responsiveness, professionalism, and knowledge of their staff. I would highly recommend using PetAir UK and we would certainly utilize their services again in the future.
Extremely pricey - 800 pounds for a cat, one-way. Only option with British Airways.
Hi. I am sorry you felt you had to leave this review, without giving us a chance to explain. Flying pets is really expensive, I agree, but the fees are set by the airlines not us. We are pet travel agents. We collect pets, advise on the best routes, help with veterinary work and look after the pets very well indeed, but we dont set the fees the airlines charge us. Also, as your cat was a Persian cross, the only option is with British Airways. I hope that explains it better and if you require any more information then please feel free to contact us directly.
Trying to move my dog from the UK to Denmark has been a nightmare and an insulting process . After waiting an extensive period of time and submitting the requirements of a UK pet passport we were told by a vet nurse he could NOT fly because his rabies shot was not good for 3 years as stated on the passport, and by the vet that provided the rabies vaccine in 2018 prior to his passport and in contrast to the laws required to bring him into the UK in 2018 from the USA . She actually stated the London Heathrow reception center should not have accepted him. Clearly the reception center and my Vet were incorrect and my passport no good according to this nurse . We met all the requirements set by the government. When asked to demonstrate where in the law it states he needed another vaccine in one year - I’m still waiting .. They need to tell you when you start the process and submit the required paperwork they can overturn the validity of your passport leaving you stranded to find alternatives after waiting for them to even let you know if they have a flight available . The dog got another shot he didn’t need and we have been waiting now once again to have someone contact us - but at this point I’m afraid they will find another reason not to let us fly as I sit here separated from my wife in Denmark waiting ..
Hi. We completely understand your frustration, but we dont deserve a 1 star review for being super thorough and finding an issue with your dog's passport. Some rabies vaccines last for 3 years after a single vaccine, but your dog has had the vaccine which only lasts for 3 years if he receives a booster within 1 year of the initial vaccine. So because he did not have this revaccination within 12 months, the vaccine is invalid. It was valid when he entered UK, but is not valid now. Of course this is frustrating for you, and equally, we have spent a lot of time and effort investigating and verifying this, but we are thorough and knowledgeable and if we find something incorrect, then we have to advise you how to fly your pet correctly. We dont want to delay your flight, but equally, we must prepare your pet correctly. We have now got a flight booked and plan in place and your dog has got a correct and valid passport :)
Petair made the whole process of transporting my two cats from the UK to California simple and stress free for both me and the cats and that is despite making the request less than two weeks before needing to leave. The whole staff were fantastic and communicated every step of the process. I would definitely recommend them based on my experience.
Thanks Helen for the review. It is lovely to read and we are super happy to have been of assistance.
The staff of PetAir UK are extremely helpful and professional at all times, even though our requirements recently changed several times through work related issues for which the advice on different locations was immediately forthcoming. We first used PetAir in August 2018 to transport our then 16 week old puppy to Egypt. The return journey home to West Wales was made a few weeks ago. On both occasions, the level of service and the friendliness of all staff involved is reassuring. Lucky, our Zuchon, arrived at both ends with no problems at all. It is time now to plan our return to Egypt at the end of August. The only pet transporter for us is PetAir UK.
Hi John. Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We are pleased we have been able to help you :)
Petair UK is rated 4.80 based on 250 reviews